HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Scotiabank crowd appreciation

Old
05-20-2013, 11:39 AM
Hutz
Classless User

vCash: 500
Scotiabank crowd appreciation

I just wanted to say this on behalf of those of us who wish we could be in the arena, but are far far away, good job.

I've been a Sens fan from day one. I cheered through the hopeless first years. I was there when we made the playoffs the first time. I was there when we turned into a regular season powerhouse that never seemed to make it work in the playoffs. I watched us lose a disheartening game 7 ECF game. I suffered through a depressing post lockout playoffs and then a thrilling run to the SCF. I saw our team come unravelled for reasons I still don't totally understand. I've seen us rebuild into what we have now.

I love our team right now, but man, those of you at the games, kudos, kudos, kudos. The atmosphere in the arena seems second to none. I wish I could be there. You're all lucky, but goddammit, you make me proud to be a Sens fan. I loved hearing the Pageau chants again!!!

Honestly, I've been there since the start, I'm not sure I've ever been so proud to be a Sens fan. Obviously I love the team, but I'm so f ing proud of the arena right now.

That's all, signed, Hutz

Hutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 11:42 AM
mat_sens
@mat_sens #lalala

Was there game 3 vs. Montreal. The arena was crazy and we had 1 quarter of the arena filled with habs fans.

Going to game 4 and expecting an even more crazy atmosphere.

mat_sens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 11:43 AM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

That crowd after Alfie's tying goal was deafening

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 11:44 AM
BrawlFan

Been there for every single home game this playoffs and can attest to how loud both game 3's were. Game 4 against MTL was not as loud until the end.

Where are these guys when we play TOR in the reg season?

BrawlFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 11:47 AM
Raymei

Was there last night had fun listing to a couple of Pens fans eat crow after the Alfie goal. When the Karlsson penalty was called you could see a few of the standing in the 300 section giving it to the fans cause they were celebrating early.

It got really loud and fast after that goal and not sure if it came out on the TV but each time Pageau was on the ice there was always a Pageau Pageau Pageau chant going.

Raymei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 11:51 AM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrawlFan View Post
Been there for every single home game this playoffs and can attest to how loud both game 3's were. Game 4 against MTL was not as loud until the end.
I'm jealous of anyone who's been to all the home playoff games.

Game 3 vs Montreal = 6-1 win, line brawl, local rookie hat trick, awesome chants
Game 4 vs Montreal = third period comeback, late goal to tie it, OT win
Game 3 vs Pittsburgh = about to get shutout on home ice and go down 3-0, the captain ties it with 30 seconds left, win it in 2OT.

Old
05-20-2013, 11:51 AM
KarlSen

Wed. game will be nuts, bet it's Habs game 3 level.

KarlSen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 11:52 AM
BrawlFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan the Great View Post

Game 3 vs Montreal = 6-1 win, line brawl, local rookie hat trick, awesome chants
Game 3 vs Pittsburgh = about to get shutout on home ice and go down 3-0, the captain ties it with 30 seconds left, win it in 2OT.
Dude you have no idea!!! Every single game has been a cant miss so far.

I'm going to game 4 on wednesday and although my savings are taking a huge hit I hope I am paying for many more home playoff games

BrawlFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 11:53 AM
The Lehner
#LehnerTime

I've been fortunate to have been to 55 out of the 59 ever home Sens playoff games. The crowd last night after Alfie's goal was just insane.

Top 3 ever for me:

1. First ever Sens home playoff game vs Buffalo in '97 - GO SENS GO chants started 10 minutes before faceoff, building was literally shaking

2. Game 3 versus Montreal this year - beating a rival 6-1 while dominating a full out line brawl was just ridiculously fun. Pageau chant will likely continue for years to come.

3. Game 3 versus Anaheim in the Cup Finals (5-3 win).

The crowds for all 3 home playoff games this year have been fantastic - hoping for more of the same in Game 4 on Wednesday.

GO SENS GO!!!

The Lehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 11:55 AM
Hutz
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymei View Post
Was there last night had fun listing to a couple of Pens fans eat crow after the Alfie goal. When the Karlsson penalty was called you could see a few of the standing in the 300 section giving it to the fans cause they were celebrating early.

It got really loud and fast after that goal and not sure if it came out on the TV but each time Pageau was on the ice there was always a Pageau Pageau Pageau chant going.
I was only able to catch bits and pieces until overtime, but I recall one Pageau chant that caught on really loud last night. Loved it so much!!! The original Pageau chant against the habs brought tears to my eyes... we finally have a fan base with some gusto, not afraid to blatantly support our team, not afraid to chirp right back! Again, kudos, I wish I could be a part of it, I'm a diehard and I'd be right there with ya!

Old
05-20-2013, 11:57 AM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrawlFan View Post

Where are these guys when we play TOR in the reg season?
Hard to be louder the Leaf fans when your team is being bent over and half the arena is Leaffers happy there team is kicking the Sens ass lol. I was at the game where Kadri got a hattrick. I tried to be loud, but sometimes the atmosphere just isnt there.

WasTeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 12:03 PM
DuckedUpOnQuack

Send a message via MSN to DuckedUpOnQuack
Was the at the game last night and I can say that is the loudest I have ever heard the building (including when we went to the cup finals).

At points it was so loud I was getting disoriented, almost like the sound waves were physical pushing me around. It was insane.

DuckedUpOnQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 12:09 PM
Barbershoppe
SensNation United!

I thought the crowd was electric throughout most of the game. Brought it up a notch after Alfie's BIG Goal!! Pittsburgh seems to sense that the Sen's were feeding off the adrenaline off in the building and were on their heels! Good job Sen's Nation!!

Barbershoppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 12:15 PM
porknbeans

This years Sens believe in themselves and the fans believe in them.

Legitimately.

I will be going to all home playoff games this year, lets hope there are many more!!

porknbeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 12:15 PM
Hutz
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightsaidfred View Post
I thought the crowd was electric throughout most of the game. Brought it up a notch after Alfie's BIG Goal!! Pittsburgh seems to sense that the Sen's were feeding off the adrenaline off in the building and were on their heels! Good job Sen's Nation!!
All I ask is that you do it again for game 4!!! GO SENS GO!!!

I'll be shouting from the other side of the world!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by porknbeans View Post
This years Sens believe in themselves and the fans believe in them.

Legitimately.

I will be going to all home playoff games this year, lets hope there are many more!!
I think that's it, underdogs as they are, they've made believers of us all... time and time again, they've been counted out and found a way to claw back in there... again, helluva time to be a sens fan

Now, again, on to game 4!

Old
05-20-2013, 12:33 PM
zeddyp

actually yes I can tell on the TV how much louder the crowd is now...its been getting better and better the past...3-4 years

I remember I went to the conf finals against buffalo...game 4 we were on the verge of a sweep...and it was a bunch of old farts sitting quietly telling anyone who was cheering to sit down cause they couldn't see

so to the new breed and fellow loud mouthed sens army... Cheers!

zeddyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 12:37 PM
Xspyrit

Someone posts pics or videos of the crowd reactions after the 2 huge goals?

Xspyrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 12:38 PM
thecastov
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan the Great View Post

Man I got to do game 4 and game 3 vs Pens last night. Nothing can describe it, it's games you wait years for attending and you get two in this post season. What everyone is saying is true, we just keep finding ways to come back and surprise. PeskySens!

thecastov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 02:34 PM
arglebargle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
Someone posts pics or videos of the crowd reactions after the 2 huge goals?
I was at games 3 and 4 against the Habs and the CBC feed/cell phone videos really don't do it justice. It's hard to describe 19,000 people screaming as loud as they can. It feels like the building is caving in.

Also the Habs games weren't like regular season games. During the regular season there are a lot of little kids, and half the crowd is Habs fans. In the playoffs it was about 90% people over 18 and there were maybe 1,000-2,000 Habs fans.

arglebargle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 02:37 PM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by arglebargle View Post
I was at games 3 and 4 against the Habs and the CBC feed/cell phone videos really don't do it justice. It's hard to describe 19,000 people screaming as loud as they can. It feels like the building is caving in.

Also the Habs games weren't like regular season games. During the regular season there are a lot of little kids, and half the crowd is Habs fans. In the playoffs it was about 90% people over 18 and there were maybe 1,000-2,000 Habs fans.
I can confirm it was crazy loud in there last night. After Alfie tied it everyone was freaking out. High-fiving everywhere. Everybody stayed on their feet until the end of the period. When the horn stopped, the arena was buzzing. You could not hear Stuntman Stu announcing who scored the goal.

Old
05-20-2013, 03:38 PM
Kekumba

Send a message via AIM to Kekumba Send a message via MSN to Kekumba Send a message via Skype™ to Kekumba
But, but guys...our fanbase sucks and we don't sell out playoff games! /leafsfans

Kekumba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 03:45 PM
coladin

Imo last night did not match the Habs series but still better than years past. Last year's ot winner by Turris game was awesome.

coladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 03:54 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
We are by far the best in the playoffs so far

OmniSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 03:58 PM
hockeyalltheway
Get well soon, GMBM.

I think Ottawa is second only to the Islanders' crowd this year, and it's kind of hard to know if the Isles would've been able to keep it up. But I couldn't be prouder to be a Sens fan these days.

05-20-2013, 06:40 PM
nanuuq
HFBoards Sponsor

Some videos