HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread Part 17: What does "bold" mean?

Closed Thread

Old
05-20-2013, 06:40 AM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

vCash: 500
Hemsky at 2.5M is a worthy gamble for any team, especially those out East playing a style where skill = scoring, regardless of willingness to engage physically. If players like Fleischmann and are putting up the points they are in the EC, I more than believe Hemsky has the same potential out there.

Old
05-20-2013, 10:19 AM
MinnesotaFats

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
I'd rather trade him for nothing while retaining 100% of his salary than keep him.

He's the epitome of everything wrong with the Oilers.

It's long past the point of needing to get rid of him.
I think this is the first thing you've said that I agree with.

With the cap coming down, we'll be able to move Hemsky. Likely means we'll have to take back a big contract though. I'm fine with swapping Hemsky for and overpaid top 4 D if that's what it takes.

Old
05-20-2013, 10:23 AM
doubledown99

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
I dont think he is tbh (full of ****). I know I wouldnt want Hemsky at all on my team. I certainly wouldnt be giving up a first or second round pick for him, even at half his salary. Would you? Be honest now.
I also doubt the return for Hemsky will be high. The Oil will have to attach him to something else to move him.

I still think trading out 1st this upcoming draft and Hemsky (at half salary) to either Nsh or Car makes sense.

Those teams will still be getting a good prospect at 7....they also get to gamble on Hemsky for nothing. That has to be appealing them and perhaps other teams. A good prospect and an actual NHL player - that shoul be something a GM could sell to their fan base after missing the playoffs

Old
05-20-2013, 11:07 AM
OilerFan4Life

vCash: 1991
Wait, Hemsky is a 2nd liner on this team? On what universe. Eberle and Yakupov are our top RWs so unless MacT wants to parade out a 14 million 3rd line, he should dump Hemsky for whatever he can including a bag of pucks.

Nashville and Detroit seem to be the best fit and both have the capspace.

I'd trade Hemsky straight accross for either Halischuk or Eaves.....both these guys have defined roles: They play with an edge, kill penalties, and are defensively reliable....we don't need a pure offensive guy on the 3rd line. We're not the 2006 Buffalo Sabres.

Old
05-20-2013, 11:11 AM
armandh01

Could we attach N. Schultz to Hemsky and retain some of both contacts? Any teams need a guy like Nick? (probably the oilers but just curious)

5+3.5 = 8.5, retain 3.5m altogether. Maybe for a low 1st and/or some hard asset.

Looking at teams with seemingly no notable RWers for a 2nd/top line role (i didn't look at the cap issues for said teams below).

Florida
Col
Det
NYR
San Jose
Winny
Carolina
Ottawa (if Alf hangs em up)

Old
05-20-2013, 11:32 AM
MeestaDeteta

vCash: 250
Would something around our 1st and Hemsky for big Buff work?

Old
05-20-2013, 11:34 AM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
I love all the bashing we are getting on the main trade board. I suspect that other fan bases expect us to trade Yakupov, Hall, Eberle Nuge or Schultz for a 4th round pick

Old
05-20-2013, 11:58 AM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
I love all the bashing we are getting on the main trade board. I suspect that other fan bases expect us to trade Yakupov, Hall, Eberle Nuge or Schultz for a 4th round pick
A lot of the bashing is warranted. Oiler fans are amongst the worst offenders in terms of overrating their own players and undervaluing the opposition's, at least on that board. Just look at some of the stuff being floated there. It's not that all of us are that delusional, it's just the guys who are putting stuff out there that are earning us a bad name.

EDIT: I suspect you're talking about that Yakupov-for-Myers one. That wasn't an Oiler fan, that was a moron

Old
05-20-2013, 12:23 PM
Valic
BOOOOOOOOOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Perfect Human View Post
A lot of the bashing is warranted. Oiler fans are amongst the worst offenders in terms of overrating their own players and undervaluing the opposition's, at least on that board. Just look at some of the stuff being floated there. It's not that all of us are that delusional, it's just the guys who are putting stuff out there that are earning us a bad name.

EDIT: I suspect you're talking about that Yakupov-for-Myers one. That wasn't an Oiler fan, that was a moron
Not Oiler fans as a whole, the 2 or 3 posters who we all know who post hundreds of horribly thought out trade proposals as their main form of entertainment.

Old
05-20-2013, 12:34 PM
Spawn

Quote:
I tend to agree that often our fan base overrates our own players. But most do that.

What I have noticed lately though is other fan bases underrated Oiler players due to them being on a crappy team. Lots of posts like so and so isn't worth anything because he plays for the Oilers. And them promptly offers up a handful of garbage for said player (often Eberle).

Old
05-20-2013, 12:37 PM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

I wonder if MTL considers Gagner-for-Eller type deal. Eller is ridiculously strong on the puck and with 3rd line minutes put up 30p in 46gp this past season. At 6'2, 190+, he's got room to get even bigger too in the next couple years.

Old
05-20-2013, 12:40 PM
Spawn

Quote:
I wonder if MTL considers Gagner-for-Eller type deal. Eller is ridiculously strong on the puck and with 3rd line minutes put up 30p in 46gp this past season. At 6'2, 190+, he's got room to get even bigger too in the next couple years.
I think they value Eller's size when two of their other centers are Desharnais and Plekanec. And Galy despite being decent sized is not anything resembling a physical player thus far in his career.

Don't see them doing it.

Old
05-20-2013, 12:50 PM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
I think they value Eller's size when two of their other centers are Desharnais and Plekanec. And Galy despite being decent sized is not anything resembling a physical player thus far in his career.

Don't see them doing it.
Galchenyuk won't necessarily be physical but he's going to be a strong C. He has the frame to do so.

Eller by isn't really physical. He's not running around hitting guys, nor trying to bust through them on the rush. He relies on a Datsyuk-like skill game to help his defensive game and a strong body to protect the puck. It works.

Old
05-20-2013, 12:57 PM
Uindicator

Hemsky for 2016 7th round pick , any takers? Seriously jus get rid of this glassware, his money can bring in two much more effective players.
And unfortunately Horcoff isnt going anywhere, i hate him as much as anybody here, cant skate, cant pass, cant shoot, doesnt hit and he makes 5.5, good job you #$@$in dumbass Lowe. When MacT was hired I lost all hope of him ever leaving the club.
I hate to say but i honestly wouldnt care if the oilers had two more losing seasons and Katz would have no choice but to fire the whole front office, and Horcoff is bye-bye and as a nice consolation prize we draft Connor Mcdavid , i seriously wouldnt mind at all, i cant stand Lowe and Horcoff that much.

Old
05-20-2013, 12:59 PM
Peter Zezel

vCash: 157
Quote:
Even though they are the same age and Gagner has double the GP, I'd probably do it. However he is a fan favorite in Montreal and I don't think Montreal wants to get more skill/softer up front.

Last edited by Peter Zezel: 05-20-2013 at 01:01 PM. Reason: quoted wrong post
Old
05-20-2013, 01:00 PM
Spawn

Quote:
Galchenyuk won't necessarily be physical but he's going to be a strong C. He has the frame to do so.

Eller by isn't really physical. He's not running around hitting guys, nor trying to bust through them on the rush. He relies on a Datsyuk-like skill game to help his defensive game and a strong body to protect the puck. It works.
I'm not disagreeing with you. Just saying for next season. Eller is their only guy who you can call a strong difficult to play against center on that team. They wont trade him for Gagner.

Old
05-20-2013, 01:14 PM
Mr Sakich

hemsky for Upshall and Kuba could work. The Pantheres might be moving both according to TSN and there is very little market for either.

The Panthers desperately need some skill in their top 6

Old
05-20-2013, 01:50 PM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
I'm not disagreeing with you. Just saying for next season. Eller is their only guy who you can call a strong difficult to play against center on that team. They wont trade him for Gagner.
Yeah good call. They don't need another small forward who plays the small mans game as well

Old
05-20-2013, 02:02 PM
DousedInOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uindicator View Post
Hemsky for 2016 7th round pick , any takers? Seriously jus get rid of this glassware, his money can bring in two much more effective players.
This is how you run an organization into the ground. Hemsky still have value around the league. At worst hes bringing back two 2nd round picks although MacT will probably target dependable 3rd/4th liners instead. HFOIL sure have a low panic threshold when it comes to players.

Old
05-20-2013, 02:10 PM
backhandsauce

I'd talk with Phoenix. Maybe we could swap Hemsky for Michalek, Kleska or Morris?

A win-win for both squads as Phoenix gets some much needed offense and the Oilers get a veteran top 4 defenseman.

I just noticed Gordon is a UFA too. He would be a solid pick up.

Old
05-20-2013, 02:17 PM
OilerFan4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sakich View Post
hemsky for Upshall and Kuba could work. The Pantheres might be moving both according to TSN and there is very little market for either.

The Panthers desperately need some skill in their top 6
Upshall might honestly have the worst contract in the entire league.

What's he a 3.5 caphit, plays 50% of the time, drinks and parties way too much, doesn't care a lick about the actual game of hockey.

I'd rather extend Horcoff for another 3 years at 3.5 million next summer than trade for this guy.

Old
05-20-2013, 02:18 PM
OilerFan4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okanagan Oil View Post
I'd talk with Phoenix. Maybe we could swap Hemsky for Michalek, Kleska or Morris?

A win-win for both squads as Phoenix gets some much needed offense and the Oilers get a veteran top 4 defenseman.

I just noticed Gordon is a UFA too. He would be a solid pick up.
Michalek isn't waiving to come here. Pitt asked him to waive his NTC last year and had 1 destination; Phoenix.

Morris also likely isn't waive to come here.

Klesla for Hemsky....was proposed on this board a couple of months ago.....by ME. And I got torn to shreds. According to HF Oil, Hemsky is a god and Klesla is a 7th d-man. Go figure....

Old
05-20-2013, 02:31 PM
frag2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Yup. I'm serious.

I can't stand him or Horcoff anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by timekeep View Post
Smyth as well.

Yep. I've said it in the past as well that Horcoff, Smyth and Hemsky are the epitome of what is wrong with the Oilers...apathetic and entitled.

The day those 3 are gone, the Oilers are a better team.

Old
05-20-2013, 03:25 PM
belair

HFOil....up-down-up-down.....

Sure there's the posters who consistently hate on guys like Hemsky and Gagner for being small, non-physical or injury-prone. Posters who are already paying Ryane Clowe 5M to play on the 2nd line next year. But it was hardly two months ago there were a myriad of posters loving the fact that Hemmer was back playing with confidence.

Now we're paying his salary and trading him for a 7th round pick.

Figures.

Old
05-20-2013, 03:35 PM
frag2

Quote:
Originally Posted by belair View Post
HFOil....up-down-up-down.....

Sure there's the posters who consistently hate on guys like Hemsky and Gagner for being small, non-physical or injury-prone. Posters who are already paying Ryane Clowe 5M to play on the 2nd line next year. But it was hardly two months ago there were a myriad of posters loving the fact that Hemmer was back playing with confidence.

Now we're paying his salary and trading him for a 7th round pick.

Figures.
I honestly don't mind Gagner...Hemsky on the other hand needs to be off the team. Poisonous work environment

Closed Thread