HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Brad Richards Part II

Closed Thread

Old
05-20-2013, 09:59 AM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Someone needs to hand Sather a set of guidelines when the season is over.

Near the top of that list should be the buy out of Richards. Now, of course that offense (or, to put it better, perceived offense) needs to be replaced. I hope Sather is active in the trade/free agent markets, but he should be restricted from adding term thats over 3 years.
This, 100%.

I would also not like to see them go after too many depth players without moving out a few first.

Old
05-20-2013, 10:03 AM
NikC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
replacing one high salary with another high salary is stupid especially if that player isnt Malkin Stamkos Kane etc.. Weber signed too long of a deal.. no thanks... no more long term contracts.. some fans dont learn

If Richards were performing right now, we wouldn't be having this conversation. If he were the 80p, playmaking center we paid for, this is a non issue.

Weber is the equivalent of the players you mentioned, on defense. Long term contracts are fine, as long as they are for young, proven, generational talent.

Old
05-20-2013, 10:32 AM
Leetch2McDonagh27

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
If Richards were performing right now, we wouldn't be having this conversation. If he were the 80p, playmaking center we paid for, this is a non issue.

Weber is the equivalent of the players you mentioned, on defense. Long term contracts are fine, as long as they are for young, proven, generational talent.
Beaver was never a "generational talent"......he was unfortunately the best Centerman of that free agency year. We overpaid......got burned. It happens alot with this team. Way too much. Knicks are the same. The Garden makes these mistakes over and over. It is pretty SAD

Old
05-20-2013, 10:40 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikC View Post
you would want to keep him and risk injury?

I wouldn't want just any high priced player. I would want Shea Weber.
Not at all. I want him bought out right away. Shea Weber is under contract until he's 41 years old. It's a mistake waiting to happen, and I'm a huge fan of Weber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
They will need help scoring goals and creating scoring chances. I like the team as it is currently constructed but they need to subsidize this team with more offense somehow, whether that be via trade or UFA I don't care, just no more crap contracts.
I'm fine with that. I just think that trying to shoot the moon again is the wrong way to go. Find the right players, not the ones with the most notoriety.

Quote:
Someone needs to hand Sather a set of guidelines when the season is over.

Near the top of that list should be the buy out of Richards. Now, of course that offense (or, to put it better, perceived offense) needs to be replaced. I hope Sather is active in the trade/free agent markets, but he should be restricted from adding term thats over 3 years.
I think the guidelines should read as follows:

1. Name Jeff Gorton GM of the NYR.
2. Retire.

Old
05-20-2013, 10:51 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Richards is toast. I see no need to delay the inevitable at this point.

Its not healthy for the team to let Richards back for another season knowing he'll be bought out next year no matter what happens.

Old
05-20-2013, 11:05 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:

Its not healthy for the team to let Richards back for another season knowing he'll be bought out next year no matter what happens.
Agreed. Talk about a bad locker room.

Old
05-20-2013, 11:08 AM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:

is Richards bad compared to the other players that DID NOT play during the lockout?? or is he just breaking down at a rapid pace? Richards should have been the leader they say he his and played and kept in shape during the lockout... it is his fault he didnt play in europe and took it easy. he seems lazy.

Old
05-20-2013, 11:09 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
is Richards bad compared to the other players that DID NOT play during the lockout?? or is he just breaking down at a rapid pace? Richards should have been the leader they say he his and played and kept in shape during the lockout... it is his fault he didnt play in europe and took it easy. he seems lazy.
I was hoping it was a physical thing to start the reason.

Here we are, 4 months later and hes STILL laboring physically but - even more concerning - his decision making is terrible. The game is moving too fast for him

Old
05-20-2013, 11:44 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Libel and baseless speculation is not permitted.

Old
05-20-2013, 11:45 AM
SickNice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Not at all. I want him bought out right away. Shea Weber is under contract until he's 41 years old. It's a mistake waiting to happen, and I'm a huge fan of Weber.

I'm fine with that. I just think that trying to shoot the moon again is the wrong way to go. Find the right players, not the ones with the most notoriety.

I think the guidelines should read as follows:

1. Name Jeff Gorton GM of the NYR.
2. Retire.
The guidelines should include buying out Richards first. If there is any pushback from the Garden on the cost associated with that, let it fall on Sather before he steps out so Gordie starts his tenure with a clean slate.

Old
05-20-2013, 11:54 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickNice View Post
The guidelines should include buying out Richards first. If there is any pushback from the Garden on the cost associated with that, let it fall on Sather before he steps out so Gordie starts his tenure with a clean slate.
I think buying out Richards is a given at this point. That's why I didn't include it.

Old
05-20-2013, 12:05 PM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Playing like he is injured, playing like he has a broken arm and leg

Old
05-20-2013, 12:06 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Would Dolan actually spend 39mil+ on a buyout single season. . I'm not even sure he spent that much with his beloved Knicks (Marbury).

Old
05-20-2013, 12:35 PM
eco's bones

Weber is a really fine defenseman but I don't see he or his contract as realistic for us. As far as buying out Richards--I think it's the right idea. With the cap going down and Stepan, McDonagh etc. needing to be resigned any free agent signings are going to have to figure those RFA signings into the mix. Not sure we're going to have enough to make some huge UFA offer and I'm not sure there is any pending UFA out there that I would offer a huge contract to either.

Old
05-20-2013, 01:06 PM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
I think buying out Richards is a given at this point. That's why I didn't include it.
4th line center on a 3 line team

Old
05-20-2013, 01:58 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Any chance the Avs look to move ROR in the off season?

Old
05-20-2013, 03:00 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Would Dolan actually spend 39mil+ on a buyout single season. . I'm not even sure he spent that much with his beloved Knicks (Marbury).
If Richards is bought out, the price will be a little over $1.7 million a year for the next 14 years. (2/3 remaining money owed on contract, over twice the length of the contract).

Old
05-20-2013, 03:02 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowe Knows Best View Post
Any chance the Avs look to move ROR in the off season?
They matched an offer sheet. They can't trade him until 1 year has passed from the day they matched. Feb 28th of 2014 I believe.

Old
05-20-2013, 03:22 PM
iamitter
Thornton's Hen

I wouldn't be too interested in ROR. He has a high cap hit and a QO of 6.5 mil so it's not a guarantee we'd be able to keep him past next year.

Old
05-20-2013, 03:32 PM
Fanned On It

Buy him out. Roll the dice and try and find a second line center for next season. Hopefully Step "steps" it up and becomes a legitimate 1st line center. Have the new center play either 2nd or 3rd line depending on how Brass does.

Old
05-20-2013, 03:36 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
If Richards is bought out, the price will be a little over $1.7 million a year for the next 14 years. (2/3 remaining money owed on contract, over twice the length of the contract).
Isn't that for a normal buyout? A compliance buyout I believe is where all cash is stuffed to release the player?

Old
05-20-2013, 04:05 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Isn't that for a normal buyout? A compliance buyout I believe is where all cash is stuffed to release the player?
The only difference is that the 2/3rds value is split up amongst the remaining years of the deal, instead of twice the remaining term. That and the fact that the cap hit is nullified as well, obviously.

Old
05-20-2013, 04:16 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
The only difference is that the 2/3rds value is split up amongst the remaining years of the deal, instead of twice the remaining term. That and the fact that the cap hit is nullified as well, obviously.
According to capgeek: "Compliance buyouts follow the same formula as ordinary-course buyouts but do not count against the cap. For one season following a compliance buyout, the player is prohibited from rejoining the team that bought him out."

http://www.capgeek.com/faq/how-do-buyouts-work

If Brad is bought out, he gets $1.7+ million a year for the next 14 years.

Old
05-20-2013, 04:22 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
According to capgeek: "Compliance buyouts follow the same formula as ordinary-course buyouts but do not count against the cap. For one season following a compliance buyout, the player is prohibited from rejoining the team that bought him out."

http://www.capgeek.com/faq/how-do-buyouts-work

If Brad is bought out, he gets $1.7+ million a year for the next 14 years.
Weird. Thought I read just today that it was over the remaining term, not 2x the term.

Old
05-20-2013, 04:37 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Weird. Thought I read just today that it was over the remaining term, not 2x the term.
Don't see why the owners would agree to having to pay the money faster--the players really didn't have that much leverage on the issue.

Closed Thread