HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 8.0

Closed Thread

Old
05-20-2013, 03:51 PM
bud12

vCash: 500
I want Diaby.

Old
05-20-2013, 03:56 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud12 View Post
I want Diaby.
He's ranked as, or near the top fighter in this draft.

Old
05-20-2013, 04:09 PM
FisherKing

Quote:
I want Diaby.
I want Diaby and Hayden. I don't care how much Timmins has to "reach" to get them. I'd rather he take them 34 and 36 then miss out on them later. I don't much care who he fills in the blanks with after that.

Old
05-20-2013, 04:15 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FisherKing View Post
I want Diaby and Hayden. I don't care how much Timmins has to "reach" to get them. I'd rather he take them 34 and 36 then miss out on them later. I don't much care who he fills in the blanks with after that.
I'm glad you're not the one making the picks for the Habs.

Old
05-20-2013, 04:16 PM
FisherKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
I'm glad you're not the one making the picks for the Habs.
Don't worry. I NEVER get who I want in the draft, well, except for Galchenyuk, but that was a no-brainer.

Last edited by FisherKing: 05-20-2013 at 04:22 PM.
Old
05-20-2013, 04:29 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Hayden would be fine but Diaby would be a terrible pick early 2nd rd.

Old
05-20-2013, 04:42 PM
FisherKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Hayden would be fine but Diaby would be a terrible pick early 2nd rd.
Well, the way I look at where Diaby is concerned, is that everyone (me included) has been crying for a big, mean D-man who can clear the crease and back it up with hsi fists if called upon to do so since I don't know when.

Yes, we have Tinordi now, but he can't be on the ice all the time. Diaby seems to have the tools to be an NHLer although it will take him a few years to get there and it would appear that his upside is probably a 5th-6th dman, which is PERFECT. He's huge, and he's going to grow and will probably top out at around 240-250 lbs, and he can fight now although needs more experience and seasoning which he should acquire in the next few years. If he does, no one but NO ONE is going to want any part of him when he's 24-25 years old.

Plus, teams tend to put their meanest and most intimidating (and least talented) players on the 4th line which, as a 5th or 6th dman, are the guys Diaby will likely be facing. This leaves Tinordi to handle the shutdown job on the better players.

I figure there is not a chance in hell of Diaby being there when Habs pick at 55 and I don't want the players he's clearing out from the front of the net and pounding on to be Habs players while he's playing for Boston or Buffalo.

That's why I want Timmins to take Diaby at 34 or 36, because he won't be there at 55 and I shudder to think who will get him.

Old
05-20-2013, 04:46 PM
niftymove

Quote:
http://www.nhl.com/ice/blogpost.htm?id=17733

NHL draft combine list
Strange, that list is the exact replica of the 2013 final prospect ranking from NHL Central Scouting.

I always tought invites to combine were taken from lists given by all 30 teams?

Quote:
Is there a rule I don't know about....but a notable admission for me would be Tyler Hill. No Matt Murphy is surprising for me too.
Those two not being on the NHL central scouting list may explain their omission...

Old
05-20-2013, 05:32 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Diaby could easily go higher than most expect. His improvement over the season has been noticeable and obviously his style of play is coveted.

Old
05-20-2013, 05:46 PM
bud12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
Diaby could easily go higher than most expect. His improvement over the season has been noticeable and obviously his style of play is coveted.
this. Like McIlrath but not in the 1st rnd

Old
05-20-2013, 05:47 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Well, the way I look at where Diaby is concerned, is that everyone (me included) has been crying for a big, mean D-man who can clear the crease and back it up with hsi fists if called upon to do so since I don't know when.

Yes, we have Tinordi now, but he can't be on the ice all the time. Diaby seems to have the tools to be an NHLer although it will take him a few years to get there and it would appear that his upside is probably a 5th-6th dman, which is PERFECT. He's huge, and he's going to grow and will probably top out at around 240-250 lbs, and he can fight now although needs more experience and seasoning which he should acquire in the next few years. If he does, no one but NO ONE is going to want any part of him when he's 24-25 years old.

Plus, teams tend to put their meanest and most intimidating (and least talented) players on the 4th line which, as a 5th or 6th dman, are the guys Diaby will likely be facing. This leaves Tinordi to handle the shutdown job on the better players.

I figure there is not a chance in hell of Diaby being there when Habs pick at 55 and I don't want the players he's clearing out from the front of the net and pounding on to be Habs players while he's playing for Boston or Buffalo.

That's why I want Timmins to take Diaby at 34 or 36, because he won't be there at 55 and I shudder to think who will get him.
Diaby won't be perfect for anything if he can't make the NHL. He is far from a lock, that's why you don't touch him in the 1st 2 rounds.

Old
05-20-2013, 05:51 PM
FisherKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
This is exactly what I'm afraid of and I'm not sure taking him in the mid-30s is THAT MUCH of a "reach". The notorious "intangibles" he brings makes him highly desirable for a lot of teams imho. I'm sure Timmins will get us some gems with the #25 pick and the later picks. I REALLY don't want to miss out Diaby.

Edit: or Hayden ftm.

Old
05-20-2013, 05:53 PM
Draft

Quote:
Diaby won't be perfect for anything if he can't make the NHL. He is far from a lock, that's why you don't touch him in the 1st 2 rounds.
He's also projected to be a #5/6 dman, if not an extra defenceman. There are potential top line and top pairing players still likely available in the first two rounds, especially with our first three picks. You don't pick a Bordeleau when an Eriksson is available.

Old
05-20-2013, 05:55 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
He's also projected to be a #5/6 dman, if not an extra defenceman. There are potential top line and top pairing players still likely available in the first two rounds, especially with our first three picks. You don't pick a Bordeleau when an Eriksson is available.
Exactly. Drafting for need in the first 2 rounds, especially in a strong/deep draft like this year, is dumb.

Plus that #5-6 projection is a best case scenario, he could be a guy that never plays an NHL game because he has no hockey sense.

Old
05-20-2013, 05:59 PM
FisherKing

Quote:
Quite honestly, isn't that true of any draft pick? I just happen to think the reward is worth the risk with Diaby.

Old
05-20-2013, 06:31 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Quite honestly, isn't that true of any draft pick? I just happen to think the reward is worth the risk with Diaby.
This is true, cue the 2012 Entry Draft pick #33 - Sebastian Collberg - All fans expect he will automatically come from Sweden and join Galchenyuk and lead the Habs to the SC. Whoa the kid may not ever play also, our resident scout Grant has said Diaby won't be there in the 3rd round. Now I'll take his advice long before Carey Price whoops Moncton scout's advice on what his actual job really is scouting Pee-Wees hockey. So quit trying to mislead our fans with your misguided wisdom please.

Old
05-20-2013, 06:44 PM
That

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
He's committed to Western Michigan, where Habs prospect Mike Cichy plays. It's a bit confusing because he was originally supposed to go to Michigan State, but he changed his mind.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/mike-mccarron/

In November 2012 he announced that he would play college hockey at Western Michigan instead of Michigan State

http://www.wmubroncos.com/ViewArticl...CLID=205819634
Hmm.. eliteprospects lied to me

Quote:
I want Diaby.
Me too. I think taking him with the first two second rounders would be too early though, and I can see a team falling in love with his tools and snagging him before the third second rounder.

Old
05-20-2013, 06:45 PM
le_sean

Quote:
What reward? He's not very good. If you want a goon, sign one in the summer. Plus why would you want a defenceman as an enforcer?

Old
05-20-2013, 06:58 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
What reward? He's not very good. If you want a goon, sign one in the summer. Plus why would you want a defenceman as an enforcer?
My god man obviously the defencemen are on the ice for longer shifts some like PK are on the ice for over 30 mins. in a game.

Old
05-20-2013, 06:59 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Thing is he's not Solely an enforcer, he happens to be pretty hard to play against and is adamant at playing against the opponent's best. His enforcing capabilities are just gravy to me. He's basically a slightly less mobile and effective Tinordi while being a better pugilist.

Old
05-20-2013, 07:01 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Cody Nickolet ‏@WHLFromAbove 7m
Also just saw Marc Bergevin in the building. I understand Trevor Timmins and Ryan Jankowski are also here. #Habs #2013NHLDraft

The brass checking out London vs Portland.

Old
05-20-2013, 07:03 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Also just saw Marc Bergevin in the building. I understand Trevor Timmins and Ryan Jankowski are also here. #Habs #2013NHLDraft

Bergevin probably looking at Seth Jones.

Old
05-20-2013, 07:04 PM
FisherKing

Quote:
Don't want him for an enforcer, want him as a "policeman" ie. deterence. Remember Robinson? He played defence. And NO, I"m NOT suggesting Diaby is the next Robinson, so don't go there. What I am saying is that Diaby could be useful as a #5 or #6 Dman with a deterent factor mixed into his game.

Old
05-20-2013, 07:07 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:

Plenty of mid-late 1st to early 2nd talent to watch.

Old
05-20-2013, 07:11 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccgg View Post

I agree with everything but isn't McCarron a RW ?
My hope would be for him to be converted to a LW. Though, having one of Gallagher, Kristo, or Collberg available for a LW should garner us a good one in return.

Closed Thread