HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dagenais/Balej

Closed Thread

Old
01-03-2004, 08:08 PM

vCash: 500
Dagenais/Balej

This guy puzzles me...he`s so big and has such a nice shot but man is he horrible at evertyhing else, from skating, to passing, to handling the puck but somehow (although not lately) he manages to put up points. Now with Balej absolutely tearing up the AHL and with some roster space slowly clearing up, should BG recall Balej just to motivate Dagenais a little, if it dosen`t work out they could send him down...I was watching the Bulldog game and Balej is incredibly fast and has just as poweful shot as Dagenais, he isin`t as big as Dagenais but can play a chipppy game and he`s alot more intense...at the same time, i`m not sure if I would want to mess with Balej confidence right now...

P.S.- just a few notes***

Perezhogin looked great today, very dangerous is very creative in the offensive zone, Milroy looks alot bigger then when I saw him at the rookie tournament...

Not sure if anyone caught it but, Bob Mckenzie was on TSN today saying that Claude Julien is one of the top 5 coaches in the league today...it feels good having some Habs being mentionned in a positive way in the media as a change...

Old
01-03-2004, 08:14 PM
Traitor8

How's Christopher Higgins and Ron Hainsey ????

As for Balej, I wouldn't call him up just yet...our team is on a roll, Balej is on a role in the Ahl. Let's just wait before calling him up...leave him down, make sure he has consistency and then if someone falters in the Habs then we call up.

We already have Plekanec up there. I don't want Balej and Pleks in the press box every night.

Next to go: Perreault,Rivet or Bouillon and Dackell
Called up: Hossa,Hainsey and Balej

Old
01-03-2004, 08:21 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Dackel is playing great. Why would we want to get rid of him?

Old
01-03-2004, 08:26 PM
vert85

Send a message via MSN to vert85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8

As for Balej, I wouldn't call him up just yet...our team is on a roll, Balej is on a role in the Ahl. Let's just wait before calling him up...leave him down, make sure he has consistency and then if someone falters in the Habs then we call up.

Next to go: Perreault,Rivet or Bouillon and Dackell
Called up: Hossa,Hainsey and Balej

I like the first point...good to continue to build Balej's confidence...however, I'd be surprised to see Rivet, Bouillon, or Dackell being sent down. Rivet and Bouillon have been impressive together lately, and Dackell is consistant in his good defensive effort. I would propose switching Dagenais with Hossa, or just filling Kilger's spot with Hossa.

Old
01-03-2004, 08:26 PM
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY_NiNe
Dackel is playing great. Why would we want to get rid of him?
Time for the youngsters........
and I want to move Ward to the third line. He is way better then most pple think .

I want to see our lineup like this in 2 months:

Bulis-Koivu-Ryder
Zednik-Ribs-Balej
Sundstrom-Plekanec-Ward
Langdon-Begin-Juneau

I re take what I said before, Hossa ......keep him in the minors for now.

Old
01-03-2004, 09:10 PM
habsfansam

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustBeAHab
Komisarek8, so I take it Ribeiro doesn't fit into your plans?
Ribs = Ribiero

Balej should stay down and enjoy dominating the game. He's got monster speed and i know he can score at the NHL level (he had about 7goals in 7games a few years back in the preseason... now he's bigger, faster, and he's playing Pro well). I can't wait to see him and bulis with koivu at centre... so much speed! They could terrorize defensemen in a transition game... should be fun to be a habs fan for many years to come. Congrats to all those of us who stuck with the team when they had 500+man-games lost and couldn't field a competitive team... we kept them from going under!!!

I agree that Ward has lots to offer to the team. He may end up playing on the 3rd line, but if a 3rd line included Higgins, Ward, and someone (Bulis, Plekanec, milroy, begin, etc.) then we could have a really nasty line to play against. Even better, they'd be able to hem in opponents and score. What more could you ask for??

The team is shaping up nicely... good to see that Julien is in control. We're a far cry from the beginning of the season and predictions of a 15game losing streak that would cost him his job. Congrats CJ for taking control and turning us into a team that is always in games. Good luck!

As for people not being impressed with Dagenais, i seem to recall that he was a vast improvement over Audette, and with expectations in the clubhouse rising... he will either take the challenge and improve, or we'll see him traded/in the minors. It takes time for these things to take hold in 1D players... he may yet turn out. In the meantime he'll have to earn his icetime or lose it to Jason Ward.

Go HABS!

Old
01-03-2004, 09:27 PM
Traitor8

Dagenais is great, his shot is amazing but he is nothing else!

That's the problem.

He can't skate, he is a liability on defense.

We can't have that in a team when Perezhogin,Kostsitsyn,Balej,Higgins are coming up as wingers with Ward,Bulis,Ryder,Sundstrom and Zednik already wingers on the team themselves.

You say well we need big pple? He is big but he doesn't use it, to me he's like 6'0....which is just like our other forwards.

Montreal is not a small team, it's team lacking physical aspect.

Old
01-04-2004, 08:10 AM
Rahan

Not only is Dackell good defensively, but boy is he good at forechecking and along the boards. He's one of the best in the league in my opinion, and that alone is a reason to keep him. Every time he's on the ice we can maintain pressure in the offensive zone for at least twice the time[length] another line would. Dackell is a good player, he's just not a scorer.

Closed Thread