HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Hartnell and Legwand

Old
10-01-2006, 01:26 PM
Chelios

vCash: 500
Hartnell and Legwand

Hello there preds fans. I was just wondering about the play of these two players so far this preseason and what you expect of them for this season. I know Legwand played his first preseason game last night, how did he look? And will Hartnell be stuck on the third line again, or will he finally be given the oportunity to be a top 6 forward? I would love to get him on the Hawks, I really think he is going to break out this season.

Chelios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-01-2006, 01:51 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Legwand looked very good for his first game back from offseason knee surgery. As long as he doesn't have any swelling/complications from playing last night...I feel he will have a big season much like Marleau did when Thornton arrived (not the same numbers, but a jump like Marleau). David looks to be pegged as our second line center which means he will most likely have Sullivan and either Dumont or Erat on his wings.

Hartnell is destined for the third line again this season. Like Pred303 noticed earlier this week, even when the Predators were changing up lines daily in Orlando earlier this week Scott never got off the third line. He is buried behind Kariya and Sullivan at left wing and Erat and Dumont on the right wing. Also, I believe that Trotz likes his defensive ability on the third line and also believes that his speed is a factor in playing with the top two lines. Regardless, our third line is not going to be a checking line persay this season like it has been in the past. Scott will most likely start the season with Vasicek and Upshall as his linemates and those two are a far cry from Greg Johnson and Adam Hall who he has been teamed with the past two seasons. If he stays healthy, I think that he will have similiar goal numbers, maybe better, and a lot more assists. It's a contract year too, so that's even more motivation for him to do everything in his power to put up big numbers.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2006, 11:14 AM
muddycreek*

Traded before the season is over!

muddycreek* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2006, 11:22 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I think that if Legwand stays healthy this year, we're finally going to see what we've been waiting for. Just a hunch, but I'm expecting a big year.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2006, 01:56 PM
muddycreek*

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddycreek View Post
Traded before the season is over!
Hartnell that is not Leggy!

muddycreek* is offline   Reply With Quote