HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 New Jersey Devils (Team/Player Discussion)- Offseason FA and trade talk Part IV

Closed Thread

Old
05-20-2013, 10:01 PM
Bleedred
Gomer!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoDevilsfan26 View Post
Can't score goals? Add more 3rd and 4th liners to the 750 we already have. Top 6 talent is what we need. I don't understand how anyone could disagree with that after what we witnessed from February-April.
Plenty of bottom 6 guys to be had here! Lets go shopping!

Old
05-20-2013, 10:14 PM
Banana Sandwiches

I'd like this team to get bigger/tougher, add more top 6 scoring, and get younger.

Offer sheet Chris Stewart please. Try to get Nathan Horton too. I don't know, do something this off-season, Lou.

I have no idea if Lou is going to do his annual enforcer buy-out on Krys Barch, but should he do that and gets another enforcer via free agency, get someone that isn't undersized. If they're going to play sporadically, you might as well go for the biggest/toughest guy you can get.

Old
05-20-2013, 10:16 PM
Bleedred
Gomer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Sandwiches View Post
I'd like this team to get bigger/tougher, add more top 6 scoring, and get younger.

Offer sheet Chris Stewart please. Try to get Nathan Horton too. I don't know, do something this off-season, Lou.

I have no idea if Lou is going to do his annual enforcer buy-out on Krys Barch, but should he do that and gets another enforcer via free agency, get someone that isn't undersized. If they're going to play sporadically, you might as well go for the biggest/toughest guy you can get.
If he offer sheets Stewart we have to give up a bunch of draft picks. We can do better than that I think.

Old
05-20-2013, 10:21 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
enough with the Dollar General good God, we get it

Old
05-20-2013, 10:23 PM
Bleedred
Gomer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
Could go with Family Dollar if you like. Or Dollar Tree! Everything there is just a dollar!

Old
05-20-2013, 11:00 PM
Scottyk9
Stuck in purgatory.

vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
A coffee place a Njdevs poster owns...Zubrus has been going there quite a bit this year....apparently according to the poster he stopped in today and while he wouldnt answer the question directly he told the poster that he's begun some new renovations on his house here.

Take that for what it is.

from the poster

Quote:
Here's all I can say...

He was in great shape and no wrist issues.
He's going on vacation with his family this week and has not watched any playoffs.. I told him all I've watched is some Rangers' games and he made a look like he wanted to vomit and muttered something I can't repeat.
He is doing some improvements on his house here in NJ ;-)
picture http://instagram.com/p/ZishNvmZOq/

Old
05-20-2013, 11:02 PM
PADevil3034
Mooooooooooooooooose

--Re-sign all three of Elias, Zubrus, Clarkson
--Throw money and term at Stalberg
--Once he's amnestied, sign Havlat to a cheap(ish) contract for 1-2 years
--Flip D'Ags' rights for literally anything; he's worth something

Henrique--Loktionov--Kovalchuk
Elias--Zajac--Havlat
Stalberg--Zubrus--Clarkson
Carter--Gionta--Bernier
Josefson's the extra, Barch is the throw-in goon

To me, that isn't that impractical, except for it obviously being contingent on a buyout. And that forward lineup looks pretty damn good.

Old
05-20-2013, 11:04 PM
hlaverty06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post
A coffee place a Njdevs poster owns...Zubrus has been going there quite a bit this year....apparently according to the poster he stopped in today and while he wouldnt answer the question directly he told the poster that he's begun some new renovations on his house here.

While we're on this, my friend knows Clarkson well enough that they see each other oft an said he really wants to stay, not that we didnt already know that but again

Take it for what's it's worth as well

Old
05-20-2013, 11:04 PM
Benedict Parisechuk
Army of Pandolfo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
If he offer sheets Stewart we have to give up a bunch of draft picks. We can do better than that I think.
Were in no position to give up draft picks. This team needs to get younger and the farm system as far as forwards go needs to SIGNIFICANTLY improve over the next year or two. I don't think Lou has ever offersheeted someone so I doubt something like that would happen anyway.

Old
05-20-2013, 11:05 PM
hlaverty06

We better acquire a 3rd in this draft and get forwards the 1st 3 rounds unless Jordan Subban slips to the 3rd somehow

Old
05-20-2013, 11:06 PM
PADevil3034
Mooooooooooooooooose

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post
While we're on this, my friend knows Clarkson well enough that they see each other oft an said he really wants to stay, not that we didnt already know that but again

Yeah, I saw you mentioned this on the Trade board. Very intriguing, but you never know.

Old
05-20-2013, 11:08 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

vCash: 50
I don't really believe anything these players say private or public after the Parise fiasco, at least not when millions of dollars are involved. It's easier to believe a Zubrus though cause he's not going to hit any ridiculous jackpot this offseason the way Clarkson could.

Old
05-20-2013, 11:08 PM
hlaverty06

^ exactly Zach probably told someone the same ********

Old
05-20-2013, 11:12 PM
Benedict Parisechuk
Army of Pandolfo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by PADevil3034 View Post
--Re-sign all three of Elias, Zubrus, Clarkson
--Throw money and term at Stalberg
--Once he's amnestied, sign Havlat to a cheap(ish) contract for 1-2 years
--Flip D'Ags' rights for literally anything; he's worth something

Henrique--Loktionov--Kovalchuk
Elias--Zajac--Havlat
Stalberg--Zubrus--Clarkson
Carter--Gionta--Bernier
Josefson's the extra, Barch is the throw-in goon

To me, that isn't that impractical, except for it obviously being contingent on a buyout. And that forward lineup looks pretty damn good.
Why would we just give away D'Agostini after we just traded for him a few months ago? Hes one of the only players on this roster who has very good speed and is the perfect 3rd liner who can play top 6 minutes if someone gets hurt. I actually liked what I saw from him after the trade. Yea, he didn't score much but NOBODY on the team did either. Hes someone I'd definitely keep around and see what he can over an 82 game season. Also, I'd be very reluctant to give Stalberg a hefty contract after what I've seen from him lately. This little tour de force hes had over the last week has turned me off. Hes not a top 6 player either. Toronto tried him there and he was a bust.

Old
05-20-2013, 11:13 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
^ exactly Zach probably told someone the same ********
We know he did from his 'don't worry' quote during the impromptu gathering at the Rock after Game 6.

Old
05-20-2013, 11:14 PM
Bleedred
Gomer!

Quote:

Well Parise said publicly three days before he left that he wanted to stay. I don't really trust any of these guys anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyk9 View Post

from the poster

picture http://instagram.com/p/ZishNvmZOq/
I think it will be easier to re sign Zubrus than Patty, but it should be easy to keep both as long as Lou wants to keep them. I think there's a slight chance he might not wanna take back Zubrus, but it's not much. Those guys seem content late in their career to wanna stay with what they know. They aren't hot shot UFA's like Clarkson, or Parise, or what they were before they signed their current expiring contracts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoDevilsfan26 View Post
Were in no position to give up draft picks. This team needs to get younger and the farm system as far as forwards go needs to SIGNIFICANTLY improve over the next year or two. I don't think Lou has ever offersheeted someone so I doubt something like that would happen anyway.
I wouldn't give them up for Chris Stewart. I could get comfortable though for someone a lot better than that. And no Lou hasn't offersheeted anyone ever. That's real Flyers/Rangers type crap.

Old
05-20-2013, 11:17 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
Go here then:

Old
05-20-2013, 11:21 PM
Bleedred
Gomer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
I don't really believe anything these players say private or public after the Parise fiasco, at least not when millions of dollars are involved. It's easier to believe a Zubrus though cause he's not going to hit any ridiculous jackpot this offseason the way Clarkson could.
Nope and it's exactly like I said. Clarkson is some hot shot UFA, Zubrus isn't. He had his big day 6 years ago when he signed with us. I can't see there being much interest in him. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure if for some slight chance it happens that we don't want him he will be able to find work somewhere. I still think it's absolutely imperative we re sign him before he hits the market though. Or else we could be in for a Salvador contract that we have to match which is exactly what happened with Sal. He said so himself. Though Dainius was injured most of last year, and isn't coming off a big playoffs either like Bryce was.

Patty I think there will be interest. In fact I think it's possible someone could throw some Shane Doan stupidity his way. Considering that Patty is the same age, and much better. Then again Doan is the most overrated player in the league that's older than 35. He has never been better than Elias, and is still not nearly as good as Elias.

Old
05-20-2013, 11:31 PM
Tundra

Quote:
Originally Posted by PADevil3034 View Post
Holy **** does Stalberg have wheels. Did anyone else just see his partial breakaway that hit the post? Wow, he's come a long way.
He could score 30 goals with an increase in overall minutes and PP share. There is no doubt in mind.

Old
05-20-2013, 11:32 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
i slept with chris benoit and he said he talked to baby gio who said dags is buying a houseboat in wilkes-barre. take it for worthless.

Old
05-20-2013, 11:36 PM
Bleedred
Gomer!

As was already mentioned, do we buyout Barch?

He was scratched for the last 18 games of the season, and I'm pretty sure he was healthy the entire time. I don't remember anything about him being sore.

Uncle Jesse only played in 3 of the last 13 games of the season too. If there is one good thing to take from the last month of the season it's that we don't NEED goons in every regular season game. I also don't believe that ''Deboer likes his tough guys'' as much as people thinks. Considering that he wouldn't even put them in the lineup in a meaningless game against the Rangers on the last day, and didn't use them in any games after we were eliminated. Aside from Uncle Jesse in the Penguins game, which he said had something to do with him being part of the Penguins organization before being picked up on waivers by the Devils. Uncle Jesse wasn't quite a goon though.

In all honesty there is no reason to buyout Barch. Keep him around for injuries, or if he's really NEEDED. No more of this 77 games a year of having goons in the lineup.

Old
05-20-2013, 11:58 PM
åboriginal
lou ****ing sucks

Send a message via MSN to åboriginal
im not sure you said uncle jessie enough. and how dare you insult john stamos. have mercy.

Old
05-21-2013, 12:00 AM
Bleedred
Gomer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by åboriginal View Post
im not sure you said uncle jessie enough. and how dare you insult john stamos. have mercy.
Just now thinking about it I'm not quite sure why people called him that, but I picked up on it and that's why I was calling him that.

It must be because both are Greek, but they don't look alike at all haha.

I remember a lot of names for him. Zeus, Kosto, I think one person was calling him Kostco too kinda like the store, but with a C.

Old
05-21-2013, 12:18 AM
Emperoreddy
King of Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
I agree, but looking back there were signs and reasons to be taking Zach's words with a grain of salt even though they sounded genuine.

I don't think that is there with Elias and Zubs, they are legit, plus we can be pretty safe in assuming no team worth anything is going to beat down their doors and blow Lou's offers out the window.

Clarkson, I definitely think he legit wants to stay and will try to, but ya the potential of a team like the Leafs offering him stupid 5+ money exists and makes his return less likely. (Unless he gives us a REAL hometown discount...or the market isn't actually there. The latter of which is more realistic.)

Old
05-21-2013, 12:21 AM
Bleedred
Gomer!

I never trusted Zach. Seemed like a real phoney to me, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt at the end. Rather than spew a bunch of negativity around here. Seemed like a real big shot that would go where the money was. He took a slight discount to Minnesota over Philly to make room for his boy Ryan. I felt the same way about Paul Martin too. He thought he was too good for the Devils.

I also had vibes Zajac did not wanna stay either. I was wrong on that though.

Closed Thread