HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL | Playoffs Edition

Closed Thread

Old
05-20-2013, 08:07 PM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WasTeD View Post
I'm loving the way the Wings are playing right now.

Anyone notice how cheap Toews is playing today? Holy shnikes...
The lockout ruined my image of him

He can rot in hell for all care, the guy is a complete tool who happens to be very good at hockey

Old
05-20-2013, 08:55 PM
WasTeD
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to WasTeD
That shot by Datsyuk...

Old
05-20-2013, 09:03 PM
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice-Tray View Post
Not really at all. No one is "supposed" to complain about calls (McLean rarely complains), the refs almost always go to the benches to discuss calls, or listen to the coaches concerns, and the refs are also people, not policy bots. I think this kind of post is symptomatic of what is wrong with fans more than the league. Enough of this woe is me crap (not singling you out here).

We also have no idea what the tone of the supposed retort was, also, it was passed on through the words of another (think the game telephone.) Too easy to jump to conclusions and get worked up over something that has very little actual evidence to back up.

The refs will always talk a little to the coaches, and generally hear them out. I have no problem with them standing up for themselves when a coach goes at them at the bench. The refs have always responded to players and coaches who abuse them, and when pushed too far throw a bench minor or unsportsmanlike out. The idea that they are above what happens on the ice, and don't engage in verbal back and forths is a myth.

They just have to be as fair and as consistent with their calls, that is all that is required. And for the record, I think it's a difficult and thankless task.
I'm not saying refs aren't supposed to talk to coaches. Not at all. It's great they can go to the bench and calmly discuss a call/non-call. For the ref to throw a verbal joust at a coach is uncalled for.

Look, I know refereeing is an incredibly hard job. These guys are human, they have emotions and they make mistakes. But, at the NHL level I would expect more self control. I don't want the NHL turning into major league baseball where you see the ump and a coach screeching at each other like kids in the sandbox.

Keep your emotions in check, be consistent, and call the game for the full 60 minutes. That's all I ask.

Old
05-20-2013, 09:10 PM
KwanTuM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelevel View Post
Karl to Cowen:

"Don't slash anyone, or hook anyone, or crosscheck anyone or punch anyone"
Subban, "You take him, I'll take 9"....no rispeck...

Old
05-20-2013, 09:23 PM
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free

Really noticing a lack of character on the Hawks right about now. A little bit too much ego on that team. It will be their downfall.

Old
05-20-2013, 09:24 PM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

Wings win 3-1. The end of the game were the Hawks running around like idiots, starting a lot of crap after the whistle. Wings go up 2-1 in the series.

Must say, didn't think the Wings had what it took to put up a legitimate fight against the Hawks. Thought it would be over in 5. We've got a series.

Old
05-20-2013, 09:27 PM
KarlSen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nac Mac Feegle View Post
Really noticing a lack of character on the Hawks right about now. A little bit too much ego on that team. It will be their downfall.
Have to see if they regroup, but it's like the wheels are coming off the bus and they can't handle it.

Old
05-20-2013, 09:28 PM
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Alfie View Post
Have to see if they regroup, but it's like the wheels are coming off the bus and they can't handle it.
spoiled kids vs. wise elders

That's what the series looks like to me.

So called "captain serious" needs to start earning that C on his sweater, and get his teammates under control.

Old
05-20-2013, 09:28 PM
mcnorth

Yeah, saw the same thing. Lots of Hawks who had lost their composure and were taking their shots kinda daring the refs. Toews-Kronwall at the side of the net their was a good example, ref could have called Toews for any number of things there.

Old
05-20-2013, 09:29 PM
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward

Are people surprised?

The season Chicago's just had DEMANDS that they fail in the playoffs to a team like Detroit

It's happened to us a few times, I relish seeing others go through it

I especially like Toews getting all rattled up because things are not going his way: time to man up or shut up.

Last edited by Do Make Say Think: 05-20-2013 at 09:37 PM.
Old
05-20-2013, 09:33 PM
KarlSen

Quote:
spoiled kids vs. wise elders

That's what the series looks like to me.

So called "captain serious" needs to start earning that C on his sweater, and get his teammates under control.
I was going to post something along those lines, then thought the Hawks have won a cup, they have the experience. Which makes it even worse of course.

Old
05-20-2013, 09:47 PM
yave1964
22 and counting

As a Wings fan who enjoyed the senators first round dismantling of the Canadiens, I am seeing a lot of similarities right now. Detroit is in the Blackhawks heads, they are playing with house money and all of the pressure is on the Hawks. I picked the Hawks to take the series and still believe they can, but right now my boys are owning the Hawks, in the same way that Paulrus owned Therrien.
It takes four to win not just two, but God right now after a boring regular season it is soooo nice to be a Wings fan. Cmon Senators, lets get two seven seeds in the cup finals.

Old
05-20-2013, 09:58 PM
Magix

The hawks are punks, really hope the wings take it 5 and humiliate them. Also seems like boston and them will be problems in the upcoming years for us.

Old
05-20-2013, 10:07 PM
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy

Quote:
Originally Posted by yave1964 View Post
As a Wings fan who enjoyed the senators first round dismantling of the Canadiens, I am seeing a lot of similarities right now. Detroit is in the Blackhawks heads, they are playing with house money and all of the pressure is on the Hawks. I picked the Hawks to take the series and still believe they can, but right now my boys are owning the Hawks, in the same way that Paulrus owned Therrien.
It takes four to win not just two, but God right now after a boring regular season it is soooo nice to be a Wings fan. Cmon Senators, lets get two seven seeds in the cup finals.
That would be swell. I am not usually a Wings fan but I like what they're doing so far. I guess I like a fellow underdog stepping up and playing amazing as a team.

Old
05-20-2013, 11:28 PM
Niv
Registered Hater

I was lurking around the Pens board and, man, I had no idea there was so much hate for Dan Bylsma. I thought they were being sarcastic at first until I read post after post about how much they are fed up with him. I always assumed he was regarded as one of the best coaches in the NHL. Of course I suppose it always helps when you have a roster like theirs to work with.

Old
05-20-2013, 11:54 PM
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niv View Post
I was lurking around the Pens board and, man, I had no idea there was so much hate for Dan Bylsma. I thought they were being sarcastic at first until I read post after post about how much they are fed up with him. I always assumed he was regarded as one of the best coaches in the NHL. Of course I suppose it always helps when you have a roster like theirs to work with.
I don't think the majority of Pens fans are really all that great at analysing their own team. They listen to the media hype about the Pens being so superior all the time and think every game should be a cakewalk.

Fact is, a good 25 teams any given year have the ability to hoist the Cup. A few good bounces, staying relatively injury free, getting good rock-paper-scissor matchups in the playoffs, etc, tend to determine the Cup winner these days.

Old
05-21-2013, 02:04 AM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

Quote:
I'm not saying refs aren't supposed to talk to coaches. Not at all. It's great they can go to the bench and calmly discuss a call/non-call. For the ref to throw a verbal joust at a coach is uncalled for.

Look, I know refereeing is an incredibly hard job. These guys are human, they have emotions and they make mistakes. But, at the NHL level I would expect more self control. I don't want the NHL turning into major league baseball where you see the ump and a coach screeching at each other like kids in the sandbox.

Keep your emotions in check, be consistent, and call the game for the full 60 minutes. That's all I ask.
As a ref, I'll gladly tell a coach what I think of them/their team...

Old
05-21-2013, 03:56 AM
Step
GO SENS GO

Wings 2-1 against the Hawks. Man..didn't see that coming. I thought Chicago would take this in 5.

Old
05-21-2013, 09:04 AM
Hell on Heels
classless chick :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Hell on Heels
The ********:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...php?p=66371365

Old
05-21-2013, 09:14 AM
Smash88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell on Heels View Post
Some of those posts are classics.

How did they ever use the "no excuses" avatars this year.. Has there ever been a bigger oxymoron on this site?

Old
05-21-2013, 09:16 AM
Penny Lane
Sens fan in the USA.

The Canadiens forum has become one of my favorite places to lurk on these boards. It's a freaking goldmine.

Oh god.

Quote:
I will never cheer for the team that destroyed Lars Ellers face just o win the series or has mr. walrus face that disrespects the opposition with 17 sec left. I will NEVER cheer for a fan base that won't admit that they got all the breaks from the refs and the NHL pit then they claim the SENS are the best team in the NHL. WIN or LOSE the fans should be fair and unbias and then gracious in winning or losing. Clearly the Sens fans are NOT and NOT and NOT. SO I am on the anybody but the SENS camp.

Old
05-21-2013, 09:20 AM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Lane View Post
The Canadiens forum has become one of my favorite places to lurk on these boards. It's a freaking goldmine.

Oh god.
That is gold!

Old
05-21-2013, 09:24 AM
Smash88

"WIN or LOSE the fans should be fair and unbias and then gracious in winning or losing"

I swear some of them believe we should be apologizing for eliminating their team.

I can only hope we play these guys many more times with similar results.

Old
05-21-2013, 10:35 AM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

Quote:
Fact is, a good 25 teams any given year have the ability to hoist the Cup. A few good bounces, staying relatively injury free, getting good rock-paper-scissor matchups in the playoffs, etc, tend to determine the Cup winner these days.
I really disagree. In any given year, there's maybe a dozen teams that have a shot at the Cup.

Last year, LA was a favourite entering the season. New Jersey was the surprise. The year before, Boston was considered one of the top dogs in the East, Vancouver was top in the West. Chicago and Philly were both loaded when they went to the finals.

Really, there hasn't been an off the radar Cup winner since Carolina in 05-06, and they sank back to earth faster than the Titanic.

05-21-2013, 10:50 AM
Sovereign
sic parvis magna

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooool

Quote:
on the other hand, paulrus is a hypocritical ***** of the highest order and he can eternally eat **** for that #61 bull**** he pulled: putting the blame on diaz rather than his own player; doesn't matter what you think, someone's in the hospital, keep it classy you fat ****. other than that, i like the roster and their fans have a good sense of humor - as long as it doesn't concern karlsson.

Closed Thread