HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Detroit wins Game 3 3-1

Old
05-20-2013, 09:41 PM
MTP
I Love Shinpads

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MTP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BronYrAur View Post
^ nice work explaining your point. Thx for that. So clearly you have no clue.
I see our captain and his entire line getting shut down night after night since the playoffs started. No goals and 3 assists in 8 games. Explain to me where Toews is. You don't think guys like Crosby and Kopitar play against top pairings/shutdown lines? You don't think they get cross checked and hit after whistles?

He's still our franchise center and we'd be facing elimination next game if he wasn't playing at the level he's playing at, but he needs to put some points up and quick.

MTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 09:41 PM
BronYrAur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Time for a little rant, boys. Bare with me, if you will.

It's evident Babcock has zeroed in on Toews as a guy he wants to eliminate from the game. That means that Hossa, Saad, Kane, and Sharp have to step up. Sharp has been good, Saad brings energy and no production, Hossa is pretty average, and Kane has not been that great this series.

The Blackhawks have to be physical. They showed fight in the third, but it has to be controlled. Detroit gets away with a lot. This is an unwritten hockey code since Stevie Y's stupid ass showed up. It's time they adapt to the adversity and not lose control. The penalties by Keith and Handzus tonight were so untimely.

Revamp the power play as much as possible over the next two off days. Leddy needs to QB this thing like he's Aaron Rodgers... or Dan Marino. Fine, Dan Marino. The Hawks want to dump-and-chase. It doesn't work if you can't fetch the biscuit from behind the net. They suck at entering. That means offensive draws to work the original setup loom large. Performances at the dot like tonight are disgraceful.

Let's hope Q gets a hefty fine tonight. The referees aren't why we lost, but they didn't help. They borderline lost us the game. I'll take the high road and not make a convenient excuse for why my team lost (officiating).

This series is not over. It's not ****ing done. We can do this.
The Hawks PP looked very good. Just because they didn't score doesn't mean it wasn't a good PP. They had plenty of looks and have shown a willingness to fire pucks quickly on Howard.

Like I said, everyone is going to have their opinion, or narrative, they will use to try to explain this. But hockey is a game with a lot of variance and sometimes you are on the wrong end of that. Hawks got beaten by a guy who made 39 saves on 40 shots. People need to realize that.

They went to the high-traffic areas looking for rebounds. They've shown a better PP. They have killed off every Wings PP in the series. They carried play in the 1st & 3rd periods. Sometimes **** just doesn't go your way.

If anything Rozsival made a case for himself to be benched in favor of *gulp* Sheldon Brookbank tonight. Rozi was awful. A pylon at best, he was a turnover machine all night and got abused on 2 of the 3 goals.

BronYrAur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 09:42 PM
ChitownDoctor

I don't care what anyone says, I still think Crawford lets in some weak goals.

ChitownDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 09:42 PM
ItsMyFault
Fan of Losing Teams

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Eh, still not particularly concerned. Fully expecting a win in Game 4.
That's bull****.

ItsMyFault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 09:43 PM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyFault View Post
That's bull****.
No, it's just someone who has confidence in this team. Nothing wrong with not going nuts over every loss.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
UsernameWasTaken
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
The Hawks PP looked very good. Just because they didn't score doesn't mean it wasn't a good PP. They had plenty of looks and have shown a willingness to fire pucks quickly on Howard.

Like I said, everyone is going to have their opinion, or narrative, they will use to try to explain this. But hockey is a game with a lot of variance and sometimes you are on the wrong end of that. Hawks got beaten by a guy who made 39 saves on 40 shots. People need to realize that.

They went to the high-traffic areas looking for rebounds. They've shown a better PP. They have killed off every Wings PP in the series. They carried play in the 1st & 3rd periods. Sometimes **** just doesn't go your way.

If anything Rozsival made a case for himself to be benched in favor of *gulp* Sheldon Brookbank tonight. Rozi was awful. A pylon at best, he was a turnover machine all night and got abused on 2 of the 3 goals.
No, not really. One of them they didn't even get a shot on goal. What are they at now? 0 for 23?

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Cullksinikers
Peaking Too Early

Quote:

Power plays are only good if you convert. Anything else is only irrelevant. They either squander chances or can't enter.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 09:44 PM
BronYrAur

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTP View Post
I see our captain and his entire line getting shut down night after night since the playoffs started. No goals and 3 assists in 8 games. Explain to me where Toews is. You don't think guys like Crosby and Kopitar play against top pairings/shutdown lines? You don't think they get cross checked and hit after whistles?

He's still our franchise center and we'd be facing elimination next game if he wasn't playing at the level he's playing at, but he needs to put some points up and quick.
Crosby does not play in the areas Toews plays in. Just the way it is. He doesn't really have to because he is the most skilled player in the world by far.

But the refs should not allow Detroit to cross check Toews in the back again and again and take shots at him after the whistle. It is an embarrassment that he has not drawn a handful of penalties in this series.

BronYrAur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 09:45 PM
Marina
#freemorin

vCash: 1200
I hate not having a game until Thursday. Now I have to stew in the loss for three days.

Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 09:46 PM
Cullksinikers
Peaking Too Early

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
I hate not having a game until Thursday. Now I have to stew in the loss for three days.
I hope they let the anger build up and come out like hornets out of a shaken nest and inject some real hockey into the Wings.

Yeah, that was lame, but you get the point.

Old
Trance Kuja
#FreeMorin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
Yeah, it definitely sucks. First loss wasn't so bad, but the Hawks dominated play for the better part of the game. Still lost. That hurts deep.

Trance Kuja is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
MTP
I Love Shinpads

Send a message via AIM to MTP
Quote:
Crosby does not play in the areas Toews plays in. Just the way it is.
You're joking, right?

MTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 09:47 PM
ItsMyFault
Fan of Losing Teams

vCash: 50
Quote:
No, it's just someone who has confidence in this team. Nothing wrong with not going nuts over every loss.
Saying you aren't concerned at all? You have to be at least somewhat concerned with what you've seen thus far. Let me ask you, what was your predicted outcome before this series started?

ItsMyFault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 09:49 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
Kelly Chase is an idiot. There hasn't been crease violations in what, 10 years?

IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 09:50 PM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyFault View Post
Saying you aren't concerned at all? You have to be at least somewhat concerned with what you've seen thus far. Let me ask you, what was your predicted outcome before this series started?
I was worried after the performance in Game 2, because it was a complete lack of effort. They played pretty well tonight, hit 3 posts and had a good goal (that would have tied the game) disallowed. Pretty awful luck all around. These games are going to happen. They'll be desperate for the win in Game 4 and I'm confident they'll get it. They were the better team tonight and win that game probably 75 to 80 percent of the time. Bounces and some luck just didn't go their way... it's not the end of the world.

Oh, and I predicted Hawks in 5. Didn't expect Detroit to play this well, so kudos to that team.. but I still think the Hawks are better by a somewhat significant margin and will right the ship on Thursday.

Old
05-20-2013, 09:52 PM
ChitownDoctor

Quote:
I was worried after the performance in Game 2, because it was a complete lack of effort. They played pretty well tonight, hit 3 posts and had a good goal (that would have tied the game) disallowed. Pretty awful luck all around. These games are going to happen. They'll be desperate for the win in Game 4 and I'm confident they'll get it. They were the better team tonight and win that game probably 75 to 80 percent of the time. Bounces and some luck just didn't go their way... it's not the end of the world.

Oh, and I predicted Hawks in 5. Didn't expect Detroit to play this well, so kudos to that team.. but I still think the Hawks are a better team by a somewhat significant margin and will right the ship on Thursday.

Haven't you ever seen the mighty ducks? Who's to say the puck couldn't have been a couple inches away from the post in the wrong direction dood?

ChitownDoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 09:53 PM
Gurth

Quote:
\

They went to the high-traffic areas looking for rebounds.

Ah, no they didn't. At least not until the final 5 minutes.

There was very little traffic anywhere near Howard either before shots or after.

A big part of that was the liberal interference that the Wings were allowed to get away with.

Like others have said... one of the easiest 39 save performances of all time.

Gurth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 09:54 PM
madgoat33

what is with our fans and chalking everything up to the opposing goalie? we dint make it hard on Howard just like we didn't make it hard on Smith last year.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 09:54 PM
ralph0226

Quote:
Power plays are only good if you convert. Anything else is only irrelevant. They either squander chances or can't enter.
Exactly!

ralph0226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 09:55 PM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChitownDoctor View Post
Haven't you ever seen the mighty ducks? Who's to say the puck couldn't have been a couple inches away from the post in the wrong direction dood?
The point is that hitting three posts (all on high quality scoring chances) is pretty rare and probably won't happen again.

Old
05-20-2013, 09:55 PM
Cullksinikers
Peaking Too Early

Get Handzus out and put Smith in. We need a little more pizzazz.

Old
05-20-2013, 09:56 PM
Spectra
Registered boozer

TOI:
Oduya: 18:01
Rozsival: 18:11
Leddy: 14:37

What's wrong with this picture? The 3rd pairing is overmatched, one is too slow, the other is too soft and they both throw pucks away when pressured (hello 2012 playoffs...). On the ice for 2/3 and directly responsible for one. Their ice time needs to be cut by 5-10 minutes.

Meanwhile, Leddy does something positive every shift and deserves to play more. Get Brookbank in there for the next game, don't care if it's for #27 or 32.

Spectra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 09:56 PM
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion

Yeah, Handzus has been an absolute slug. Wouldn't mind Smith in over him.

Old
05-20-2013, 09:58 PM
Fortyfives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectra View Post
TOI:
Oduya: 18:01
Rozsival: 18:11
Leddy: 14:37

What's wrong with this picture? The 3rd pairing is overmatched, one is too slow, the other is too soft and they both throw pucks away when pressured (hello 2012 playoffs...). On the ice for 2/3 and directly responsible for one. Their ice time needs to be cut by 5-10 minutes.

Meanwhile, Leddy does something positive every shift and deserves to play more. Get Brookbank in there for the next game, don't care if it's for #27 or 32.
It's the PK minutes...

Fortyfives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 10:03 PM
EmeticDonut

vCash: 1000
Quote:
I hope they let the anger build up and come out like hornets out of a shaken nest and inject some real hockey into the Wings.

Yeah, that was lame, but you get the point.
That's what they were supposed to do this game and look what happened. Maybe a slight improvement, but not nearly enough.

Last edited by EmeticDonut: 05-20-2013 at 10:10 PM.
EmeticDonut is online now   Reply With Quote