HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Detroit wins Game 3 3-1

Old
05-20-2013, 10:08 PM
reiks12
Rookie User

vCash: 500

refs missed an obvious offsides during Detroits third goal. Add it to the list.

reiks12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 10:09 PM
clydesdale line

Disallowed goal changed momentum of the game and Babcock outcoaching Q. Not gonna use three post as an excuse, that's hockey. Still confident in Hawks in 6, but game 4 is by far a must win.

clydesdale line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 10:10 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by reiks12 View Post

refs missed an obvious offsides during Detroits third goal. Add it to the list.
Franzen had control of the puck throughout - it was correctly called an onside play.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 10:11 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydesdale line View Post
Disallowed goal changed momentum of the game and Babcock outcoaching Q. Not gonna use three post as an excuse, that's hockey. Still confident in Hawks in 6, but game 4 is by far a must win.
It's not an excuse as much as it is simply an indication that a team had seriously tough luck in a game.

Old
05-20-2013, 10:12 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Franzen had control of the puck throughout - it was correctly called an onside play.
What?

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 10:12 PM
reiks12
Rookie User

Quote:
My bad then.

reiks12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 10:13 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
What?
You can be in the zone before the puck if you're deemed in control of the puck.

DisgruntledHawkFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 10:17 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronYrAur View Post
Anze Kopitar must be pretty bad too because he went something like 19 games without a goal this year.

Fact is, sometimes the goals don't go in. Toews is contributing and working harder than anyone out there and is taking a beating for it. And yet he still goes out there and continues to go to the places where he is getting pummeled.
Kings fan here,

Want to know even a more bizarre stat ? Kopitar has had only one PP goal dating back to last season... Last one was March 20 of 2012.

That is some twilight zone stuff going on there. The Puck doesn't bounce for you sometimes indeed!!!

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 10:18 PM
ItsMyFault
Fan of Losing Teams

vCash: 50
Quote:
I was worried after the performance in Game 2, because it was a complete lack of effort. They played pretty well tonight, hit 3 posts and had a good goal (that would have tied the game) disallowed. Pretty awful luck all around. These games are going to happen. They'll be desperate for the win in Game 4 and I'm confident they'll get it. They were the better team tonight and win that game probably 75 to 80 percent of the time. Bounces and some luck just didn't go their way... it's not the end of the world.

Oh, and I predicted Hawks in 5. Didn't expect Detroit to play this well, so kudos to that team.. but I still think the Hawks are better by a somewhat significant margin and will right the ship on Thursday.

Well said.

ItsMyFault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 10:18 PM
featherhawk

saad-towes-kane
smith-sharp-hossa
stalberg-shaw-bickell
frolik-bolland-kruger

NOW

featherhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 10:19 PM
newfy

Just wondering what some of the thoughts are for that hit on Franzen that also eventually led to Kanes goal? Not a troll post just curious if fans of both teams thought that should have been a call or not

newfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 10:21 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
Just wondering what some of the thoughts are for that hit on Franzen that also eventually led to Kanes goal? Not a troll post just curious if fans of both teams thought that should have been a call or not
Thought Franzen turned right into it and calling it boarding would have been a stretch - had Franzen not turned at the last second it would have effectively just been a pinning move.

Old
05-20-2013, 10:25 PM
The Red Line

Quote:
Thought Franzen turned right into it and calling it boarding would have been a stretch - had Franzen not turned at the last second it would have effectively just been a pinning move.
I hate to be yet another Wings fan in here, and know you already have a disdain for me - I think it should have been 2 minutes, but wasn't completely shocked that it wasn't after watching the replay multiple times. The Hawks got absolutely robbed on the non-goal, and I think make up calls are one of the worst aspects of hockey. Why cover up a possible mistake with an even more blatant one?

More responding to your post a few posts above where you said the Hawks were clearly the better team. Maybe I'm just a blind homer... well we know I'm that already... but I really thought the Wings were the better team for 60 minutes tonight, despite the bad officiating both ways. I'm really not trying to troll, but what did you see that makes you think the Hawks were better?

The Red Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 10:30 PM
Atomic Punk
Mean Streets

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Line View Post
I hate to be yet another Wings fan in here, and know you already have a disdain for me - I think it should have been 2 minutes, but wasn't completely shocked that it wasn't after watching the replay multiple times. The Hawks got absolutely robbed on the non-goal, and I think make up calls are one of the worst aspects of hockey. Why cover up a possible mistake with an even more blatant one?

More responding to your post a few posts above where you said the Hawks were clearly the better team. Maybe I'm just a blind homer... well we know I'm that already... but I really thought the Wings were the better team for 60 minutes tonight, despite the bad officiating both ways. I'm really not trying to troll, but what did you see that makes you think the Hawks were better?
When someone says they are not trolling that is usually a preface for the fact they are indeed trolling. FYI.

Atomic Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 10:33 PM
Blue Liner

I got questioned for saying Detroit is still Detroit and they'd put up a good fight in this series. I honestly take no pride in being right, I'd have rather been wrong. Still can take the series but they're facing basically a must-win next game, on the road, against a team many didn't give much chance to.

Blue Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 10:34 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:

I would have understood if Hjalmarsson had been given 2 in the heat of the moment, given refs don't have the benefit of replays, Franzen was (or seemed, anyway) hurt. But after seeing the play again I really don't think it warranted a penalty and I thought the refs got it right.

I thought the Wings had a terrific 10 minute stretch in the 2nd period that was enough to get them the game. They didn't have a shot during the 2nd until about 12 minute to go in the period, if memory serves.. right around then was the time was when they really took over for a stretch. I thought the Hawks generally had the better of the scoring chances and the play throughout the rest of the ~50 minutes of the game. Hit three posts, had a goal disallowed... just didn't have the breaks go their way tonight - it happens. Detroit cashed in on their opportunities and that deserves praise, but while I do think Chicago can play better hockey than they did, I thought they were a bit better than the Wings tonight. Howard was very good too, I shouldn't forget to mention that.

Old
05-20-2013, 10:36 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
Quote:

Well, let's start with having a quarter more shots, and that doesn't count 4 posts and the disallowed goal.

IU Hawks fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 10:37 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by featherhawk View Post
saad-towes-kane
smith-sharp-hossa
stalberg-shaw-bickell
frolik-bolland-kruger

NOW
I'm not sure who "towes" is, but he only has three less goals than Toews does in his last 32 playoff games.

OK, I'm messing around.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 10:39 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Clearly lacking talent, team played great, time for Benny.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 10:39 PM
Cullksinikers

Quote:
Originally Posted by IU Hawks fan View Post
Well, let's start with having a quarter more shots, and that doesn't count 4 posts and the disallowed goal.
This is absolutely correct, and fans should keep this in mind if they are panicky or stopping to believe.

Cullksinikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 10:40 PM
The Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
When someone says they are not trolling that is usually a preface for the fact they are indeed trolling. FYI.
I get that its annoying when other fans come in and post, especially after a win, really wasn't trying to rile anyone up. I'll stick to the main board GDT, it was just a little dead right after the game.

The Red Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 10:45 PM
CertainAffinity*

Red Wings in 5

Breaks my heart to say it, but this team doesn't have the character or the pride to elevate when it matters most.

It's gonna suck watching Detroit give their personal cat-toy one last kick in the ass before heading out East.

CertainAffinity* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 10:58 PM
hawksfan50

Det 3rd goal was Crawford's usual softie you can count on to occur...plus Seabrook vetting skated past onthe Det 1st goal is a recuuring problem as be and Leddy go minus AGAIN...now -3 and -5 respectively for the plahlffs for our vaunted 2nd Paifjng..faceoffs...ugh..refs ugh..puck luck/posts ugh..Q outcoached...ugh...and the Toews legend gegting tarnished as he has delivered gournish..in other words we got problems galore...the bloom is off the rose and there is only one solutkon...SHAVE off that facial hair...the refsno longdr recognize us as the vaunted powerhouse team that draws penaties from opponets AND we do not recognize ourselves as the vaunted scoring and possession team we sefe...so cut that face hair off so thatnormal recognition returns to both the refs and to our own team! Yep, that's the ticket!

hawksfan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 11:11 PM
Marina
#freemorin

vCash: 1200
Is this the main board? It's been overtaken by trolls. Anyone saying the Wings are gonna win in five is a joke.

However I have an Oreo McFlurry now so I don't care.

Marina is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 11:13 PM
Chris Hansen
VERSTEEG REDEMPTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
Is this the main board? It's been overtaken by trolls. Anyone saying the Wings are gonna win in five is a joke.

However I have an Oreo McFlurry now so I don't care.
Tried to ruin your day by looking up the nutrition facts (I'm a bad person), but... what? A McDonald's item not loaded with fat? I'm actually quite genuinely shocked.

Relatively speaking, anyway.