HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Grabovski Admits to Biting Pacioretty

Old
05-20-2013, 11:09 PM
thewave

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgruntled Observer View Post
Biting is cowardly.
Whether a leaf or another teams player bites, I will call it cowardly.
And I'm saying this as a pretty big fan of Grabo.

It's interesting that in extreme fighting competitions, biting is pretty much the only mode of attack that is illegal.
It's seen as that cowardly and unsportsmanlike across pretty much every platform of competition.
In the wild or war if you choke me that way I will bite you and live, you will pass out and die. I like guys who will do anything to win and survive, it's part of what makes Grabo a warrior, you should praise him for being a true warrior...

Tooth and Nail, win at all costs. Go Grabo!

thewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 11:12 PM
The Blue Devil

Quote:
Biting is cowardly.
Whether a leaf or another teams player bites, I will call it cowardly.
And I'm saying this as a pretty big fan of Grabo.

It's interesting that in extreme fighting competitions, biting is pretty much the only mode of attack that is illegal.
It's seen as that cowardly and unsportsmanlike across pretty much every platform of competition.
When your source of living is in danger, you do what you have to to survive.

The Blue Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 11:17 PM
The Winter Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by theremedial View Post
In the wild or war if you choke me that way I will bite you and live, you will pass out and die. I like guys who will do anything to win and survive, it's part of what makes Grabo a warrior, you should praise him for being a true warrior...

Can't see Orr or Mclaren biting players can we? Heck can't see any of our players doing this other than Grabo. Could see a lot of the Habs biting though, there's a reason why they are The smurfs and why we aren't.

Last edited by MoreMogilny: 05-21-2013 at 12:03 AM.
The Winter Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 11:21 PM
Disgruntled Observer*

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blue Devil View Post
When your source of living is in danger, you do what you have to to survive.
I simply don't believe either of you.

If a leaf player was bitten in a similar situation, you would call the act cowardly.
The end.

Disgruntled Observer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 11:23 PM
Disgruntled Observer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
. Can't see Orr or Mclaren biting players can we? Heck can't see any of our players doing this other than Grabo. Could see a lot of the Habs biting though, there's a reason why they are The smurfs and why we aren't.
If someones hand is in your mouth during a scrum, you could... I don't know... maybe turn your ****ing head.
Or I guess the "brave" people would just bite.

Last edited by MoreMogilny: 05-21-2013 at 12:03 AM.
Old
05-20-2013, 11:23 PM
The Winter Soldier

Quote:
I simply don't believe either of you.

If a leaf player was bitten in a similar situation, you would call the act cowardly.
The end.
If it were Bozak, lord knows what he would be called in this thread.

Old
05-20-2013, 11:25 PM
The Winter Soldier

Quote:
If someones hand is in your mouth during a scrum, you could... I don't know... maybe turn your ****ing head.
Or I guess the "brave" people would just bite.
I'd turn around and clock him like Orr did to Bouque later in the game. Maybe it's just me, but that's what a man should do.

Old
05-20-2013, 11:28 PM
thewave

Maybe he could not weasel out, it's possible to have a solid lock on someone and others were pinning him too. If he struggles can't get air he bites screw the other guy this is not wrestling and a place for choke holds and stuff like that

Old
05-20-2013, 11:37 PM
Disgruntled Observer*

Quote:
Maybe he could not weasel out, it's possible to have a solid lock on someone and others were pinning him too. If he struggles can't get air he bites screw the other guy this is not wrestling and a place for choke holds and stuff like that
I just want to set the record straight...

Is it your current argument that Grabovski couldn't breath, and was forced to bite another hockey player in order to survive?

Is that your current argument?
Grabovski could either bite or die?

Fine, if it could be proven that Grabo had the choice of bite or die, I would support the biting.
But do you have any idea how utterly preposterous that argument sounds?

Old
05-20-2013, 11:43 PM
thewave

Quote:
I just want to set the record straight...

Is it your current argument that Grabovski couldn't breath, and was forced to bite another hockey player in order to survive?

Is that your current argument?
Grabovski could either bite or die?

Fine, if it could be proven that Grabo had the choice of bite or die, I would support the biting.
But do you have any idea how utterly preposterous that argument sounds?
I have an experiment for you. Set it up that a stranger grabs and covers your mouth and locks you in a hold in such a way you are unable to struggle free. But it has to be in the moment and real like, we will see what your instincts are.

There is nothing manly about putting a man in a choke hold from behind, what the wimp can't just fight like a man? Grabo stood up to Neal FFS

Old
05-20-2013, 11:45 PM
The Winter Soldier

I know Grabo was reported to be in a bar brawl in Whistler, I am reassessing and now think it was more of a pillow fight given the aforementioned biting incident.

Old
05-20-2013, 11:48 PM
The Winter Soldier

Somehow I see a Grabo fight going like this.

Old
05-20-2013, 11:52 PM
Disgruntled Observer*

Quote:
I have an experiment for you. Set it up that a stranger grabs and covers your mouth and locks you in a hold in such a way you are unable to struggle free. But it has to be in the moment and real like, we will see what your instincts are.

There is nothing manly about putting a man in a choke hold from behind, what the wimp can't just fight like a man? Grabo stood up to Neal FFS
Comparing hockey to the real world is silly. Scrums are a regular occurrence in hockey. I'm sure hands get in each others faces all the time.

What would you do if you were just minding your own business on the bus and some jack ass slap shats a hockey puck at you? Would you try to save it, and continue on as usual?

What if you were walking through the park and someone grabs your shirt, jerseys you, and starts upper cutting his fists into your face?
Would you punch back, and then go sit out for precisely 5 minutes gathering your thoughts?

See how silly this is?

Old
05-20-2013, 11:55 PM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Quote:
Comparing hockey to the real world is silly. Scrums are a regular occurrence in hockey. I'm sure hands get in each others faces all the time.

What would you do if you were just minding your own business on the bus and some jack ass slap shats a hockey puck at you? Would you try to save it, and continue on as usual?

What if you were walking through the park and someone grabs your shirt, jerseys you, and starts upper cutting his fists into your face?
Would you punch back, and then go sit out for precisely 5 minutes gathering your thoughts?

See how silly this is?
If someone jerseyed me in a park, i'd punch his head off his shoulders in a "it's me or you" situation. What would you do? Take a beating?

Clearly, you've never been jumped in a park before.

Try not to kill your own argument next time

ErnieLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 12:05 AM
thewave

Have you ever had someone's arm firmly planted against your mouth pressing your teeth and nose to the point you think it may break? The struggle and panic you feel of being smothered and choked out not know if. The person doing it is going to snap and twist and break your neck?

I have, you will de-nut a man bite a man pull hair and poke eyes to get out of that situation, unless you are not man enough to do anything you can to survive. The fact you wouldn't actually does more to say to me you are not as much of a man to do what it takes to win.

If you are a pro athlete by chance or young athlete in Hockey maybe an introspective look could bring to light why you didn't make it to the big show.

Old
05-21-2013, 12:06 AM
Disgruntled Observer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankuptheSnakes View Post
If someone jerseyed me in a park, i'd punch his head off his shoulders in a "it's me or you" situation. What would you do? Take a beating?

Clearly, you've never been jumped in a park before.

Try not to kill your own argument next time
Uh... what I asked is, after fighting back, would you take a precisely 5 minute "time out" on a park bench?

Are you saying that we SHOULD compare our responses to real world situations directly with what happens on the ice?
Is that what you're saying?

If someone took a slap shot at you on a bus, would you try and save it?

Old
05-21-2013, 12:08 AM
Disgruntled Observer*

Quote:
Have you ever had someone's arm firmly planted against your mouth pressing your teeth and nose to the point you think it may break? The struggle and panic you feel of being smothered and choked out not know if. The person doing it is going to snap and twist and break your neck?

I have, you will de-nut a man bite a man pull hair and poke eyes to get out of that situation, unless you are not man enough to do anything you can to survive. The fact you wouldn't actually does more to say to me you are as much of a man to do what it takes to win.

If you are a pro athlete by chance or young athlete in Hockey maybe an introspective look could bring to light why you didn't make it to the big show.
Is that REALLY what you saw on that video?
Grabo being strangled to death?
This is freaking ridiculous.

If it was a leaf player that was bitten, you'd be saying the complete opposite.
And you know it.

Old
05-21-2013, 12:11 AM
thewave

Quote:
Uh... what I asked is, after fighting back, would you take a precisely 5 minute "time out" on a park bench?

Are you saying that we SHOULD compare our responses to real world situations directly with what happens on the ice?

No I know YOU are not a Habs fan, but you really need to look at reality of it all and except people do anything to survive and human nature takes over unless you have no nuts to live on.

It's not like he grabbed his arm and bit it. Big difference, change your opinion it's not to late for you to separate yourself from the Hab Pack

When it comes to taking away ability to be breathing or breeding anything goes for a true man.

Old
05-21-2013, 12:11 AM
The Winter Soldier

And again the video clearly shows it was not a choke, if Grabo can bite, you can certainly breath through your mouth.

Old
05-21-2013, 12:12 AM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Quote:

What does the 5 minute penalty have to do with anything? In the situation, you fight back at all costs. What you do after is irrelevant. You're stretching your argument to include erroneous details, in order to have a leg to stand on.

Old
05-21-2013, 12:17 AM
charliolemieux
rsTmf

Quote:
And again the video clearly shows it was not a choke, if Grabo can bite, you can certainly breath through your mouth.

OK so it isn't technically a "Choke" But Grabo's airways are cut off. SO ya ****ing bite him. Bite the son of a ***** until he lets go.

Would you just relax and die?

Take your Grabo hate elsewhere cause you got **** to stand on here.

charliolemieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 12:20 AM
thewave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankuptheSnakes View Post
What does the 5 minute penalty have to do with anything? In the situation, you fight back at all costs. What you do after is irrelevant. You're stretching your argument to include erroneous details, in order to have a leg to stand on.
You can see him smothered in a crowd in the video as well and that arm is driving up his nose as well which is dangerous. I would feel threatened for my life, he is vulnerable to unforeseen circumstances, what if another's arm slams another's arm or someone falls a certain way in that and the fast action snaps his neck?

Good for Grabo

Old
05-21-2013, 12:32 AM
The Winter Soldier

Quote:
Is that REALLY what you saw on that video?
Grabo being strangled to death?
This is freaking ridiculous.

If it was a leaf player that was bitten, you'd be saying the complete opposite.
And you know it.
It's hyperbole at its best, Grabo always has an excuse, even biting is tolerated. Something a Leafs player should never do, we aren't the Habs, we don't need to degrade ourselves to that level. All the guy had to do was turn around and punch him. It was a cowardly, again I don't condone biting by any team, especially players on our own team. The Maple Leafs logo should represent honour, we are better than this, even if someone has a arm on your mouth the last response should be biting, scratching, or any of that stuff.

Old
05-21-2013, 12:53 AM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

If you have the cowardice to cut off a man's airway, in a scrum druring a hockey game, you deserve what you get.

Old
05-21-2013, 05:50 AM
GrabsOverHabs

Quote:
I'd turn around and clock him like Orr did to Bouque later in the game. Maybe it's just me, but that's what a man should do.
He was trying to fight or at least grapple the guy in front of him. Paccioretty came in from behind. Fan of him or not, leaving the bite aside, he was pretty darn tied up in that scrum.

GrabsOverHabs is offline   Reply With Quote