HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Game 3 - WCSF: Blackhawks @ Red Wings | May 20, 2013 | 6:30 PM CT | NBC | CBC

Closed Thread

Old
05-20-2013, 09:33 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph0226 View Post
Ok, if the Hawks didn't have a perfect PK, they wouldn't have gotten this far. How's that?
The Hawks would have gotten past the Wild regardless, it just wouldn't have happened in 5 games.

Without the perfect PK, Chicago would be in tougher than they are now. The PK is allowing them to keep games close, which gives them a chance to win. Your argument is beyond stupid. Yes, they're losing, that doesn't mean their PK isn't helping their cause. Absolutely ridiculous.

Old
05-20-2013, 09:35 PM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston Bruno View Post
That was terrible officiating. IMO - you guys got hosed. Hopefully your team can use it to get up for the next one.
That may be the worst officiated game in the PO's I've ever seen .... and I'm talking 40 years here. If this doesn't wake them up, nothing will.

Old
05-20-2013, 09:36 PM
Oak
Hockey fan

vCash: 50
Sorry boys. Outsider observer here and the reffing was horrible tonight. Refs did all they could to give the game to the Wings.

Old
05-20-2013, 09:39 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Toews and Hossa are playing. It's quite clear why they've been ineffective. Have you been watching the games? Or, like Toews, have you been getting mugged every time the game's on?
what I've seen are two guys that need to contribute who are expecting things to be easy. hossa was crap in the offensive zone outside of one pass that toews couldn't finish and toews has gotten beat everywhere on the ice all series. yea, there probably could have been a couple calls on toews, but at the end of the day he's still getting beat consistently and blowing the chances he has. difference between kane and toews is clear imo, one of them may get too cute and press too much 9/10 times, but when he does get a chance, kane seems to deliver far more often than toews in these playoffs.

Old
05-20-2013, 09:43 PM
ralph0226

Quote:
The Hawks would have gotten past the Wild regardless, it just wouldn't have happened in 5 games.

Without the perfect PK, Chicago would be in tougher than they are now. The PK is allowing them to keep games close, which gives them a chance to win. Your argument is beyond stupid. Yes, they're losing, that doesn't mean their PK isn't helping their cause. Absolutely ridiculous.
Yeah, I guess you're right, losing a close game is better then getting blown out. Here's a heads-up "Mr. Hockey," a loss is still a loss, regardless of how close the game is.

Old
05-20-2013, 09:46 PM
madgoat33

pp is a massive concern. one pp goal tonight could have been the difference. the scheme is absolutely atrocious.

Old
05-20-2013, 09:46 PM
BobbyJet

Quote:
I missed the 2nd period, but I'll assume the entire game was a joke. I don't get it.. is it because they're all European that they get every call? The refs need to be shot if they don't wake the **** up.
If there was such a thing as a game's officiating being under investigation, this would be it. Incredibly, these are supposedly the best refs in the NHL.

But that aside, Wings are beating us in every category.... bar none.

Old
05-20-2013, 09:48 PM
ItsMyFault
Fan of Losing Teams

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
pp is a massive concern. one pp goal tonight could have been the difference. the scheme is absolutely atrocious.
It's been that way for most of the season... don't see why it's any different now. This team isn't going to improve on their powerplay all of sudden.

Old
05-20-2013, 09:51 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyFault View Post
It's been that way for most of the season... don't see why it's any different now. This team isn't going to improve on their powerplay all of sudden.
we had what, a week to adjust going onto round two? instead q was putting saad and stalberg in white jerseys

Old
05-20-2013, 10:26 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
what I've seen are two guys that need to contribute who are expecting things to be easy. hossa was crap in the offensive zone outside of one pass that toews couldn't finish and toews has gotten beat everywhere on the ice all series. yea, there probably could have been a couple calls on toews, but at the end of the day he's still getting beat consistently and blowing the chances he has. difference between kane and toews is clear imo, one of them may get too cute and press too much 9/10 times, but when he does get a chance, kane seems to deliver far more often than toews in these playoffs.
You're seeing what someone's thinking? How are you seeing that? Body-language? We're talking about Toews and Hossa. If there's two guys on this team that are going to work for their chances almost every night, it's those two. Toews is being impeded for every inch of ice. Interference, hooking and holding doesn't apply when it's done against Toews. That's the message being delivered to the Hawks by the puke stains the NHL likes to call it's refs.

Old
05-20-2013, 10:34 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

Game four becomes a must win, for all intents and purposes....

Old
05-20-2013, 10:46 PM
Gurth

Quote:
we had what, a week to adjust going onto round two? instead q was putting saad and stalberg in white jerseys

Yeah, that looks pretty stupid in retrospect.

It also looked pretty stupid at the time.

Old
05-21-2013, 12:21 AM
The Nose
#FireHolland

What's your guys opinion on Shaw? I know he's a solid player but he seems to be taking a lot of minor penalties.

Old
05-21-2013, 12:26 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

frustration at the end of the game and when he got send out the first time, only the Refs know why it ended as a Wings PP.

Old
05-21-2013, 05:35 AM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Excellent point. Can anyone even enumerate the Hawks game plan other than we've got some really good players, now go get 'em boys?

Old
05-21-2013, 05:57 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post
Excellent point. Can anyone even enumerate the Hawks game plan other than we've got some really good players, now go get 'em boys?
No especially on the PP. Our PP is as spread out as possible with 2 guys on the blue line, 2 guys against the boards and a guy below the goal and we just shoot the puck or try to make some wizard pass and if that doesn't work I don't know what else will. Even thought it seems teams with half the skill the Hawks have can be 2X even 3X as effective on the PP as the Hawks, its make you wonder.

Old
05-21-2013, 05:59 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nose View Post
What's your guys opinion on Shaw? I know he's a solid player but he seems to be taking a lot of minor penalties.
It seems like he is trying to fill Carcillos role as the resident moron. I LOVE his heart and that he will run thought a wall for his team but you have to do all that in the right frame of mind and taking stupid penalties like his slash on Howard isn't that.

Old
05-21-2013, 06:21 AM
Marotte Marauder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
No especially on the PP. Our PP is as spread out as possible with 2 guys on the blue line, 2 guys against the boards and a guy below the goal and we just shoot the puck or try to make some wizard pass and if that doesn't work I don't know what else will. Even thought it seems teams with half the skill the Hawks have can be 2X even 3X as effective on the PP as the Hawks, its make you wonder.
What ever happened to the little pick play they used to run which allowed Toews to come from below the goal line to the front of the net? Haven't seen it in AGES.

Old
05-21-2013, 07:07 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post
What ever happened to the little pick play they used to run which allowed Toews to come from below the goal line to the front of the net? Haven't seen it in AGES.
F if I know. I do know that it's gotten so bad that people are excited when the Hawks PP generates a few shots on goal or moves the puck well. Whooo we didn't totally crap the bed on that PP, get out the champagne.

Closed Thread