Boston Herald:

Improved B's still skate on thin ice

Go Bruins, go Bruins, GO!!
HockeyGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2006, 05:12 AM
Don Cherry*

vCash: 500
Yet another very good article from Harris.

He brings up a lot of questions including the goaltending which is a big, big question mark going in.

Glen Murray wants to be asked if the game plan is going to work 40 games into the season.

Yeah, let's wait until the half-way point to address whether or not we have a decent product and game plan. It's always the guys who are part of the problem (salary) and not part of the solution who have that attitude.

Don Cherry* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2006, 06:31 AM
BMC
PerJohan Axelsson

vCash: 50
Last year we were thin on defense, this year we're thin on offense. *Sigh*
I suppose defense first hockey will be all right as long as Lewis doesn't go for the trap or left wing lock or whatever the hell clogging up the neutral zone is being called this week.
And while I'm all for staying out of the box, that is tough to do when the officials go from calling nothing to calling everything. And I mean every little stinking thing, no matter how marginal (see the "kneeing" call on Paul Mara). IMHO the NHL has got to do something about its officials. Send 'em to school, have them review video til their eyeballs fall out, fire the whole bunch and start fresh, whatever it takes. Officiating should be consistent, but not consistently bad as it has been!
NHL should take a page from the NFL in this regard.

BMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2006, 08:04 AM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cherry View Post
Yet another very good article from Harris.

He brings up a lot of questions including the goaltending which is a big, big question mark going in.

Glen Murray wants to be asked if the game plan is going to work 40 games into the season.

Yeah, let's wait until the half-way point to address whether or not we have a decent product and game plan. It's always the guys who are part of the problem (salary) and not part of the solution who have that attitude.
DC...you getting kickbacks from Harris or are you a relative? LOL I think he is a competent reporter, and has a definite talent for stating the obvious, but have never been a huge fan.

He seems quick to jump on the bandwagon opinion, but I rarely see him come out with any original theories...and when he is trying to make critical comments, he sometimes reaches...

In today's column it was the comment about it being "problematic" that the B's have not had a "full" lineup on the ice...it's preseason...of course they are not putting a "full" lineup of starters on the ice...they have to evaluate all the players!!!!????

I'm probably being way too nitpicky...just never liked Harris much

GloryDaze4877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2006, 08:06 AM
don

I, for one, don't see the total weakness up front that others seem to. I think we are deep enough to weather some injuries......and to kee players, i.e., if Bergeron or Savard get injured then Kessel would/could slide over to the C spot. I also think that we could fill a wing spot if the injury should happen there, Kalus moves up and Stastny, Hoggan or Tenkrat fill his spot. Brookbank is also available plus a lot of the other guys in Prov. Yes the quality will go probably down but IMO not a whole lot. I guess it's, "color me optimistic".

don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2006, 10:55 AM
Teal392511

Quote:

You seem to read way to much in these throw away comments. It sounded more like he didn't want to make any predictions because his team mates are still getting to know each other. He makes it quite clear that they haven't played that much as a full team yet.

Teal392511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2006, 03:50 PM
Don Cherry*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
DC...you getting kickbacks from Harris or are you a relative? LOL I think he is a competent reporter, and has a definite talent for stating the obvious, but have never been a huge fan.

He seems quick to jump on the bandwagon opinion, but I rarely see him come out with any original theories...and when he is trying to make critical comments, he sometimes reaches...

In today's column it was the comment about it being "problematic" that the B's have not had a "full" lineup on the ice...it's preseason...of course they are not putting a "full" lineup of starters on the ice...they have to evaluate all the players!!!!????

I'm probably being way too nitpicky...just never liked Harris much
Nope, I'm niether a relative nor am I getting anything. I just figured that I wouldn't look like a hypocrite if he ever joins here.

I just think the guy writes well-written, informative articles. Does the guy have to register to get any credit?

Old
10-02-2006, 03:53 PM
BoyntBergie

Quote:
Nope, I'm niether a relative nor am I getting anything. I just figured that I wouldn't look like a hypocrite if he ever joins here.

I just think the guy writes well-written, informative articles. Does the guy have to register to get any credit?
So is this you buying into whatever "the media" says, like you've accused others of doing when they agree with reporters?

BoyntBergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-02-2006, 04:04 PM
Don Cherry*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyntBergie View Post
So is this you buying into whatever "the media" says, like you've accused others of doing when they agree with reporters?
What, exactly, did he say that I "bought into"?

Old
10-02-2006, 04:12 PM
BoyntBergie

Quote:
What, exactly, did he say that I "bought into"?
Just saying, on more than one occassion in the past you've accused people of being brainwashed by the media for agreeing with an article or an opinion of a media member.

You're clearly agreeing with everything Harris writes lately, and I'm just pointing out that one doesn't have to be brainwashed to be in agreement with the sentiments of a reporter or a story.

That's all.

Old
10-02-2006, 04:16 PM
Don Cherry*

Quote:
Just saying, on more than one occassion in the past you've accused people of being brainwashed by the media for agreeing with an article or an opinion of a media member.

You're clearly agreeing with everything Harris writes lately, and I'm just pointing out that one doesn't have to be brainwashed to be in agreement with the sentiments of a reporter or a story.

That's all.
What issues in particular that Harris brought up did I agree with that could even remotely be considered "brainwashing"?

I'm not sure where you're even headed with this?

Old
10-02-2006, 04:24 PM
BoyntBergie

Quote:
What issues in particular that Harris brought up did I agree with that could even remotely be considered "brainwashing"?

I'm not sure where you're even headed with this?
I'm not gonna split hairs, and I know you see what I'm saying.

When poster A comes out and says they agree with article X, you at times chide them as just going along with whatever is in the media.

If you can't see the applicability of that to your recent comments regarding Harris, that's on you.

That said, I'm done on this topic.

Old
10-02-2006, 04:35 PM
Don Cherry*

Quote:
I'm not gonna split hairs, and I know you see what I'm saying.

When poster A comes out and says they agree with article X, you at times chide them as just going along with whatever is in the media.

If you can't see the applicability of that to your recent comments regarding Harris, that's on you.

That said, I'm done on this topic.
I still fail to see what the big issue is here. I simply praised Harris for puting out a few good and infomative articles. Why is that wrong? I guess I don't need to mention it again if it's going to upset people.