HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

All Encompassing Coaching and Glen Cigar Thread Part V

Closed Thread

Old
05-21-2013, 10:28 AM
NYR Viper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494 View Post
What have you heard? Not that I don't believe you but haven't seen things said or written. I am a big Gorton fan and truly hope he is the heir apparent to Slats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Richards was supposed to be the answer on the PP. Not even close. The signing of Richards is a big X in the Torts column. Richards was OK last season. He has been miserable this season. $20M in one calendar year. Pro-rated $4M salary. Owed $36M. $24M in a compliance buyout. What do Sather and Gorton say to Schoenfeld about Torts and Richards when they are alone? Jim and John are buddies. Jim is the go between the FO and Torts. The front office must question some of the personnel on the PP. The scheme. Torts complains about the personnel given to him by management. Schoeny must have some good stories. Torts made a comment about Gorton wanting Kreider to play on the top lines and he didn't believe Kreider was ready. He said my assistant GM in referring to Gorton. Torts said the team needs to address the need of a shot or a QB on the PP. Brad Richards? He made those comments to Kay in the same interview he discussed the Nash trade being a "lateral" move. One game Moore is on the PP and then he never plays it again. Then he discussed how much he loves Moore and he will be the key player in the Gaborik trade.
Somnone on here also mentioned they saw Kreider and Gordie Clarke at a game in round 1 and they said to them "I hope to see you out there again in the playoffs". Gordie's response was something like, "me too....".

It seems like Torts complains about his personnel but the players he wanted, Nash, Richards were brought in. Torts was never a huge fan of Gaborik, he is gone. He acts like he has no say in any of these decisions or anyone who is called up from the AHL when he says "I don't know much about this player". It's like he is trying to spread the blame if they don't win.

Old
05-21-2013, 10:28 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Dallas Eakins. Scott Gordon. Wouldn't mind seeing either of them.

What's Ted Nolan up to these days? Willie Desjardins has done a good job with the Texas Stars. Though he's probably a top candidate for the open spot with Dallas.
Whats Scotty Bowman up to?

Old
05-21-2013, 10:30 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Torts came as advertised from a personality standpoint

Sather and company flew by the seat of their pants when they fired Renney and hired Torts.

...this is just more of the same.
I think the thought process was to go polar opposite from Renney who was everyones best friend. There are positives to Torts. Last year he did a very good job with the team he had. This year, I feel like he feels the pressure to win and isn't keeping the long-term health of the organization in mind.

Old
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
What about Cory Clouster, the ex Stars coach?
You mean Clouston, the ex-Sens coach?

Old
NYR Viper

Quote:
Whats Scotty Bowman up to?
I know you are being sarcastic, but isn't he helping the Blackhawks?

Old
05-21-2013, 10:32 AM
MetalGodAOD
Star Rangers

Quote:
What about Cory Clouster, the ex Stars coach?
Glen Gulutzan. Cory Clouston was the ex-Sens coach.

Old
NYR Viper

Quote:

I mean Glen Gulutzan.

Old
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Somnone on here also mentioned they saw Kreider and Gordie Clarke at a game in round 1 and they said to them "I hope to see you out there again in the playoffs". Gordie's response was something like, "me too....".

It seems like Torts complains about his personnel but the players he wanted, Nash, Richards were brought in. Torts was never a huge fan of Gaborik, he is gone. He acts like he has no say in any of these decisions or anyone who is called up from the AHL when he says "I don't know much about this player". It's like he is trying to spread the blame if they don't win.
Last I checked, Torts isnt the guy that draws up and extends the Brad Richards contract.

Old
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalGodAOD View Post
Glen Gulutzan. Cory Clouston was the ex-Sens coach.
This one.

Old
05-21-2013, 10:34 AM
Nac Mac Feegle

vCash: 50
Quote:
sweet jesus no! The last I heard, the little dictator was fired by the WHL team he was coaching. Stay away from that guy, he'll kill your team quickly.

Old
05-21-2013, 10:35 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Last I checked, Torts isnt the guy that draws up and extends the Brad Richards contract.
So he is fault-free? Even though he was asking for him directly?

Old
05-21-2013, 10:35 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Slats spoke to Torts about the Sam Rosen incident. Dreger discussed today. Sather had to get involved. From: @AdamRotter
Sent: May 21, 2013 11:18a

Update on the Torts story with most of what Dreger said http://t.co/LgH45QslxX via @snyrangers

sent via Tweet Button
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/AdamRotter/status/336863629288812544

Old
05-21-2013, 10:36 AM
KreiMeARiver
PHI has potential!

Did I hear Ted Nolan's name? Did I enter a DeLorean and go back to 2001?

The Sam Rosen thing ticked me off, as I'm sure it did a lot of other fans who have been here since the late 80's/early 90's.

Right now I don't see how any coach we bring in could be worse offensively. I don't see our defense suffering, either. Basically, can him if we lose to Boston. I was a HUGE Torts fan, but his act is indeed wearing thin.

I'm not gonna pretend I know who could be a viable successor, but I trust the organization (not not hire John Muckler, Bryan Trottier, or Ron Low, again).

Last edited by KreiMeARiver: 05-21-2013 at 10:43 AM.
Old
05-21-2013, 10:38 AM
OverTheCap

If Sather gets to hire another coach, it will surely be someone from the old boys network. Forget about anyone under the age of 50.

Old
05-21-2013, 10:41 AM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:

Ahh, ok...What is Clark supposed to say there in that moment? I mean, I am obviously someone who likes Torts but I think that is reading too much into things.

The PP is certainly abysmal and his continued usage of Richards on it is baffling but I think alot of the Torts hate is misguided. I think Dreger has his sources and didn't make this up but as OverTheCap pointed out, Slats just offered public support. What changed in space of a week? This series is not over.

Old
05-21-2013, 10:41 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
So he is fault-free? Even though he was asking for him directly?
Absolutely not. The only guy who is apparently fault-free is Glen Sather. Year after year after year after year.

Old
05-21-2013, 10:46 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Absolutely not. The only guy who is apparently fault-free is Glen Sather. Year after year after year after year.
after year after year after year after year after year.

I agree. I can't wait for Gorton to take over full-time.

Old
05-21-2013, 10:48 AM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
after year after year after year after year after year.

I agree. I can't wait for Gorton to take over full-time.
Now is the perfect time. Sather had the health issue. Gorton is already running the day-to-day operations. Just take the President figure head title and collect your checks. He can even say couple his age and health scare as the reasons to step away if he doesn't want to be label it quitting and walking away a failure.

Old
05-21-2013, 10:48 AM
Kel Varnsen
Below:Rangers' Balls

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Slats spoke to Torts about the Sam Rosen incident. Dreger discussed today. Sather had to get involved. From: @AdamRotter
Sent: May 21, 2013 11:18a

Update on the Torts story with most of what Dreger said http://t.co/LgH45QslxX via @snyrangers

sent via Tweet Button
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/AdamRotter/status/336863629288812544
Okay, so it seems the whole original dregger thing was overblown. Seems to be his speculation. And the fact that Mike Milbury is against something pretty much concludes that the other side is probably doing just fine.

Old
05-21-2013, 10:50 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
Okay, so it seems the whole original dregger thing was overblown. Seems to be his speculation. And the fact that Mike Milbury is against something pretty much concludes that the other side is probably doing just fine.
What is a company man like you to do if there is a civil war between the coaches and the front office?

Old
05-21-2013, 10:56 AM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
“Tortorella doesn’t care. He could care less what people thinks. He answers how he sees fit. It is usually very honest whether you like it or not. Glen Sather has talked to John Tortorella this year about how he deals with the media. I think that was specific to, he snapped on Sam Rosen and Sam is beloved by the organization, the owners the fans, I was told that Slats had to weigh in and tell him to stop it. It lasted for what, four days? He was less surly with the media but he is back to his old ways now.”
Please tell me that wasn't Dreger. Could care less? What people thinks? Please restore my faith in this world and tell me that that's not a ****ing journalist!

Old
05-21-2013, 10:59 AM
KotsyJr
THE POWER OF CHRIST

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Please tell me that wasn't Dreger. Could care less? What people thinks? Please restore my faith in this world and tell me that that's not a ****ing journalist!
LOL. I was thinking the same thing.

Old
05-21-2013, 11:28 AM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

What was the Sam Rosen incident?

05-21-2013, 11:32 AM
NYRSchrute217

Quote:
Originally Posted by KreiMeARiver View Post
Right now I don't see how any coach we bring in could be worse offensively. I don't see our defense suffering, either. Basically, can him if we lose to Boston. I was a HUGE Torts fan, but his act is indeed wearing thin.

I'm not gonna pretend I know who could be a viable successor, but I trust the organization (not not hire John Muckler, Bryan Trottier, or Ron Low, again).
I agree. I was a big Torts fan for the last couple of years, but he got the best out of those teams. This team has underachieved all year. The series isn't over, but the team is too afraid to get called out by making dumb mistakes, which just leads to more mistakes because they're playing scared. That's clearly a coaching issue.

Scott Gordon is an interesting name.

Old
05-21-2013, 11:35 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clowes Line View Post
What was the Sam Rosen incident?
Article about it:

http://www.nyrangersblog.com/2013-ar...spect-sam.html

Closed Thread