vCash: 500
I miss Louie from the cape only because he would get all up on Mr. wood

Old
05-17-2013, 08:22 PM
schmautzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RupBoysDad View Post
My fav by far is Zo.....he is just the right combination of informed and nutcase to always be entertaining.
I believe today he said "The B's snatched defeat from the jaws of life against Toronto."
Both him and Merloni amaze me with how much they have accomplished with so little.

Old
05-20-2013, 01:35 PM
Bone for your jar

Peter Chiarelli interview on Toronto's "Hockey Central at Noon" show:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/hockey-central-at-noon/

Notice how much more at ease he is with these guys than with T&R.

Old
05-20-2013, 04:13 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

DVR'd Sports Sunday on Comcast last night. Felger said Krug's great showing was because, hey, he wasn't coached this year by Julien! Goucher, who was beside him on camera, actually, literally rolled his eyes. And then of course, went on to school Felger about the Bruins defense.

Old
05-21-2013, 11:03 AM
Highatop325
Only took 4 months!

I don't understand while the Bruins are in the PLAYOFFS, Gresh and Zo have to talk football and the Patriots. You know if the shoe was on the other foot, Pats season..Bruins off-season they wouldn't be talking Bruins...right now they're talking about the draft and the preseason schedule...

Old
05-21-2013, 11:05 AM
Donnie Shulzhoffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highatop325 View Post
I don't understand while the Bruins are in the PLAYOFFS, Gresh and Zo have to talk football and the Patriots. You know if the shoe was on the other foot, Pats season..Bruins off-season they wouldn't be talking Bruins...right now they're talking about the draft and the preseason schedule...
Because that is all they pretend to know.

Old
05-21-2013, 11:08 AM
Shaun
beauty

vCash: 50
I agree with all of this

http://www.bostonsportsmedia.com/201...Media+Watch%29

Old
05-21-2013, 11:20 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Good grief, Felger did it again. He's obsessing over Krug/Julien, saying on Comcast that if Krug had been in Boston all year, he wouldn't be an offensive player, and don't you agree Bob. Goucher actually laughed, said Krug needed time in the AHL to learn how to be a pro, and that Julien does NOT discourage his defensemen from jumping up on the play, but that Krug has the wheels to do it.

Dollars to doughnuts Felger's going to rant about this today, with Mazz YARMing him all the way.

Old
05-21-2013, 11:31 AM
11MilesPerJohan
@BeingAHumanBean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Good grief, Felger did it again. He's obsessing over Krug/Julien, saying on Comcast that if Krug had been in Boston all year, he wouldn't be an offensive player, and don't you agree Bob. Goucher actually laughed, said Krug needed time in the AHL to learn how to be a pro, and that Julien does NOT discourage his defensemen from jumping up on the play, but that Krug has the wheels to do it.

Dollars to doughnuts Felger's going to rant about this today, with Mazz YARMing him all the way.
It's an embarrassing take.

On Monday, Bertrand actually said, "But they run the same system in Providence that they run in Boston." And Felger said something like, "Well, I don't know if I buy that..." And then Bertrand said, "Bartkowski credited the system the other day, saying that is why he has been able to make the transition," and Felger just kept saying, "I don't buy it," or some nonsense...never let the facts get in the way of a good take there, Felgy.

Old
05-21-2013, 11:35 AM
Donnie Shulzhoffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
I agreed with all of it except the one on Holley. He is one of the few in this whole mess that is worth listening too.

Old
05-21-2013, 11:38 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie Shulzhoffer View Post
I agreed with all of it except the one on Holley. He is one of the few in this whole mess that is worth listening too.
Yup- Salk has really disappointed me

Old
05-21-2013, 11:41 AM
EverettMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
Yup- Salk has really disappointed me
It is kind of crazy how mediocre Salk is.

I mean, they went out and got this guy, and he isn't even interesting. Like, I could see getting a polarizing guy that maybe half the people hate, but that everyone said, "Well, at least he is unique."

But my God, they got the most middle-of-the-road blah guy imaginable.

Old
05-21-2013, 11:43 AM
MattFromFranklin

Quote:
Have always been a fan of his. Completely agree. As for the article posted in a prior post, I completely agree as well. Gresh is beyond awful. I really can't comprehend how anyone can lose in the ratings books to him and Zo. I actually don't mind Mut, but the constant baseball talk I cannot stand (much like with G&Z today when they had Heyman on and then went into a Redsox segment). IMO, the only major sport talk that's worse than baseball talk is basketball talk. And I actually flipped to D&C this morning for a bit to hear Elliotte Friedman. Good stuff, albeit a short interview. Then I found myself flipping back to T&R when Minihane kept thinking that Hossa was on the Rangers up until the trade deadline, as opposed to Gaborik

Old
05-21-2013, 11:44 AM
Donnie Shulzhoffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11MilesPerJohan View Post
It's an embarrassing take.

On Monday, Bertrand actually said, "But they run the same system in Providence that they run in Boston." And Felger said something like, "Well, I don't know if I buy that..." And then Bertrand said, "Bartkowski credited the system the other day, saying that is why he has been able to make the transition," and Felger just kept saying, "I don't buy it," or some nonsense...never let the facts get in the way of a good take there, Felgy.
Felger does not like Julien and his system and will never give credit when it shows positive outcomes like Bartkowski.

Old
05-21-2013, 12:36 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
It is kind of crazy how mediocre Salk is.

I mean, they went out and got this guy, and he isn't even interesting. Like, I could see getting a polarizing guy that maybe half the people hate, but that everyone said, "Well, at least he is unique."

But my God, they got the most middle-of-the-road blah guy imaginable.
Yup. They went out and got the sports host equivalent of a glass of tepid water. The guy is terrible.

Old
05-21-2013, 12:39 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Felger does not like Julien and his system and will never give credit when it shows positive outcomes like Bartkowski.
Felger certainly hates Julien's system, and he's letting his hate for that cloud reality. I think the bigger picture is that Bartkowski has a had a couple of decent playoff games, but he's been marginal to suspect every other chance he's gotten here. He's hardly the guy I hold up as poster child for Julien prohibiting him from growing. If you want to do that, Seguin is the guy to use as an example.

Old
05-21-2013, 01:16 PM
ranold26
Get off my rink!

http://deadspin.com/source-espn-layi...reds-509043249
Sources: ESPN Laying Off Hundreds [UPDATE]

ESPN is laying off a portion of its staff today, a network spokesman confirms to us. How many? ESPN won't say. A tipster told us earlier today that it would be more than 400 staffers. A source at ESPN said that number is a little high, but it appears to be in the hundreds.

Old
05-21-2013, 01:20 PM
Donnie Shulzhoffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranold26 View Post

ESPN is laying off a portion of its staff today, a network spokesman confirms to us. How many? ESPN won't say. A tipster told us earlier today that it would be more than 400 staffers. A source at ESPN said that number is a little high, but it appears to be in the hundreds.
ESPN has been a joke over the past few years. However I am never happy when someone loses a job.

Old
05-21-2013, 01:20 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
ESPN has been a joke over the past few years. However I am never happy when someone loses a job.
I'm with you, leather...

Old
05-21-2013, 01:21 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
Felger certainly hates Julien's system, and he's letting his hate for that cloud reality. I think the bigger picture is that Bartkowski has a had a couple of decent playoff games, but he's been marginal to suspect every other chance he's gotten here. He's hardly the guy I hold up as poster child for Julien prohibiting him from growing. If you want to do that, Seguin is the guy to use as an example.
Hmm.

http://www.necn.com/09/11/12/Seguin-...blockID=771553

Old
05-21-2013, 01:23 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
So you're saying his offensive development is what was expected? Come on Arty. You can be critical of the team, the coach, the GM, the ownership, etc...and still be a fan. Just because they run things doesn't mean they've done everything 100% right all the time. You get that, don't you?

Old
05-21-2013, 01:28 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
So you're saying his offensive development is what was expected? Come on Arty. You can be critical of the team, the coach, the GM, the ownership, etc...and still be a fan. Just because they run things doesn't mean they've done everything 100% right all the time. You get that, don't you?
I'm simply contesting the notion that Julien has "ruined" Seguin, some on this board have postulated. Seguin wasn't Sidney Crosby - he wasn't going to step onto an NHL team and have a seamless transition. He had a lot to learn, he says so himself, and his coach (along with guys like Recchi and Bergeron) was instrumental in teaching him. And the process is ongoing.

That Seguin is in a slump at this time is irrelevant. Toews is in a slump. That happens to everyone at one time or another.

Old
05-21-2013, 01:52 PM
Shaun
beauty

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranold26 View Post

It's too bad it's no name people who work behind the scenes and don't make a lot instead of the on air **********.

Old
05-21-2013, 01:53 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
I'm simply contesting the notion that Julien has "ruined" Seguin, some on this board have postulated. Seguin wasn't Sidney Crosby - he wasn't going to step onto an NHL team and have a seamless transition. He had a lot to learn, he says so himself, and his coach (along with guys like Recchi and Bergeron) was instrumental in teaching him. And the process is ongoing.

That Seguin is in a slump at this time is irrelevant. Toews is in a slump. That happens to everyone at one time or another.
Seguin has been relegated to playing third line minutes with two players that are far below his skill level, and the interview you posted was from September 2012. Well before he took a huge step backwards this year. Specifically, he mentioned multiple times over this season that he wants to be a solid two way player. That's pure Julien right there. So his focus is to be a solid two way player, while realistically, he should be focusing on being an elite offensive player. Look back at the last series. I know people hate the guy, but Phil Kessel had a hell of a series and was scary with his speed every time he got the puck. Seguin is just as fast, but he hasn't worked enough on his offensive game (which was mentioned by Tony Amonte multiple times), so the question you need to ask is why? Why would a gifted offensive player not work and develop what was considered to be the strongest part of his game? Why would he worry about and be quoted as saying he wanted to improve his defense almost at the detriment of his offensive game?

I can say this and be critical of Julien's handling him, and still be okay with the overall job CJ has done. It's not a mutually exclusive thing.

Old
05-21-2013, 01:55 PM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:
Seguin has been relegated to playing third line minutes with two players that are far below his skill level, and the interview you posted was from September 2012. Well before he took a huge step backwards this year. Specifically, he mentioned multiple times over this season that he wants to be a solid two way player. That's pure Julien right there. So his focus is to be a solid two way player, while realistically, he should be focusing on being an elite offensive player. Look back at the last series. I know people hate the guy, but Phil Kessel had a hell of a series and was scary with his speed every time he got the puck. Seguin is just as fast, but he hasn't worked enough on his offensive game (which was mentioned by Tony Amonte multiple times), so the question you need to ask is why? Why would a gifted offensive player not work and develop what was considered to be the strongest part of his game? Why would he worry about and be quoted as saying he wanted to improve his defense almost at the detriment of his offensive game?

I can say this and be critical of Julien's handling him, and still be okay with the overall job CJ has done. It's not a mutually exclusive thing.
If you read the back of your fan card, statements like this are not allowed.

Closed Thread