HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What do we do if we lose?

View Poll Results: What do we do if we lose?
Acquire more physical talent (that can play, like Ott, not 4th liners) 17 25.00%
Acquire a legit 2C 22 32.35%
Acquire an additional 1st pairing D 2 2.94%
Fire Q 28 41.18%
Fire Bowman 8 11.76%
Do little to nothing, come back with the same team/management 19 27.94%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-21-2013, 11:21 AM
The Nose
#thefuture

vCash: 500
From a Wings fan's perspective I'd fire Q and whoever runs your PP then try to ship Seabrook for a #2 C (I'm sure he still has very good value). That being said this series is far from over and I still expect the Hawks to come out on top.

The Nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 11:24 AM
cherrypik

A lot of people made a point that the 2010 club was more physical which they were but they also had a bunch of snipers. If your are not going to crash the net they will need to snipe. Off the top of my head the 2010 playoff run snipes:

Buff game 3 versus SJ
Lad Game 2 versus SJ
Eager Game 2 versus Philly
Versteeg Versus Van and Game 5 versus Philly
Sharp game 5 versus Philly

cherrypik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 11:24 AM
digdug41982

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
What do you mean going in the complete opposite direction? I think Stalberg, Bickell, Shaw are a pretty good approximation for Brouwer, Versteeg, and Ladd. Obviously they didn't replace Buff but that is impossible. The difference between 09-10 and this playoff run is that Toews and Kane aren't both averaging over a point per game. If Toews was sitting on 14 points instead of 2, I imagine we'd have a different outlook on the Hawks playoff chances. Plus I wonder how everyone was feeling in 09-10 after we dumped 2 of the first 3 against Nashville by 4-1 margins.
Shaw doesn't replace anyone, too small. I'd like to see us bring Buff back. I don't really care how many picks/prospects they want.

digdug41982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 11:26 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Shaw doesn't replace anyone, too small. I'd like to see us bring Buff back. I don't really care how many picks/prospects they want.
How big do you think Kris Versteeg was? He probably weighs about 10 lbs more than Shaw at most.

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 11:27 AM
Hawkscap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
So no accountability for players?
Like who? Get rid of Bolland so you have to find 2 centers for next year.

Piri MIGHT be an answer but might is not good enough.

Q is getting outcoached. I guess all the players will have to earn their PP time was BS. The 2nd unit PP is a joke. I think it has 3 PPG this year.

Hawkscap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 11:29 AM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
How big do you think Kris Versteeg was? He probably weighs about 10 lbs more than Shaw at most.
Versteeg is far more skilled than Shaw, it isn't even close. Shaw is an ok 4th liner who can fill in on the third line at times.

Byfuglien

TT
Danault
Oduya (cap)
1st 2013

Old
05-21-2013, 11:31 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Versteeg is far more skilled than Shaw, it isn't even close. Shaw is an ok 4th liner who can fill in on the third line at times.

Byfuglien

TT
Danault
Oduya (cap)
1st 2013
Horrible trade

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 11:40 AM
Illinihockey

Quote:
We aren't talking about players skill are we, you said Shaw is too small? Quit moving the goal posts. Of course the 09-10 team was more skilled, you had all of your star players on ELC's or cheap 2nd contracts. Its going to be near impossible to replicate that team.

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 12:00 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me IU

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
Horrible trade
Turrible turrible turrible

IU Hawks fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 12:11 PM
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!

Quote:

Byfuglien

TT
Danault
Oduya (cap)
1st 2013
I'm assuming you're exaggerating our need for a net presence and this isn't a serious proposal.

TorMenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 12:25 PM
digdug41982

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorMenT View Post
I'm assuming you're exaggerating our need for a net presence and this isn't a serious proposal.
Yeah, Jets fans already said I was trying to **** them with it anyway. I'm trying to think of other guys we could get. Buff is the best though. And yes, I realize it is gross overpayment on our end, those people are off the reservation. You'd think they had the 80's Oilers.

Old
05-21-2013, 12:25 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by topher42 View Post
Like who? Get rid of Bolland so you have to find 2 centers for next year.

Piri MIGHT be an answer but might is not good enough.

Q is getting outcoached. I guess all the players will have to earn their PP time was BS. The 2nd unit PP is a joke. I think it has 3 PPG this year.
Bolland is barely a 4th line C at this point ,,, We will need to find better C's then him anyway

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 12:28 PM
Oh_so_saad

Quote:

Byfuglien

TT
Danault
Oduya (cap)
1st 2013

Oh_so_saad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 01:06 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Yeah, Jets fans already said I was trying to **** them with it anyway. I'm trying to think of other guys we could get. Buff is the best though. And yes, I realize it is gross overpayment on our end, those people are off the reservation. You'd think they had the 80's Oilers.
It's a gross overpayment for a player Chicago can't afford. It's beyond ridiculous.

Like I said before, I know we have no effect on the game, but it's hilarious that 4 days ago UWT made a thread about who the Hawks would face in the next around, almost assuming Detroit was out of it after the Hawks wrecked them in game 1, and now that Chicago's down a game, we're talking about what we'd do if they lose?

Obviously, half the board would jump off a cliff. This board would implode. Everyone would need to be fired and if Toews goes goalless, he could be moved for anything, to anyone that would take his contract off Chicago's hands.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 01:11 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 1
Overreact in a big way to a couple games' slide rather than look at the big picture and realize that we're still a great team.

Seriously, we need to work on our power play in a huge way, but anyone thinking we should fire Q or management is being insane. Having a bit more muscle would certainly be nice as well, but we're a finesse team that usually controls the puck, so it's not too surprising that we're almost always outhit, and that's worked fairly well for us so far. More center depth would be good, too, but let's see what we can pick up in the draft and remember that we still have a very promising LeBlanc that could fill that role quite nicely. And we should be getting closer to a few prospects joining the roster, so in a year or two we'll be adding Tuevo and Danault to the roster, so that should also help us out up front.

I will be just as disappointed as the rest of you if we get bounced, but fundamentally this is still a great team. Overreacting instead of making mild tweaks is just going to lead to failure. At most, Kompon should be shown the door.

If you went off what half this board said last offseason, Crawford would've already been gone, Kane would've been traded for Miller, Q would've been canned, the team would be halfway into rebuild mode, and we'd be all complaining about why we were so godawful this past year. Thank God nobody here has a job in the front office....

And we still only need to go three for five to win this series still. Hold your horses.

Last edited by No Fun Shogun: 05-21-2013 at 01:17 PM.
No Fun Shogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 01:12 PM
hawksfan50

1. Fire Q and his staff.
2. Fire The Bowmams.
3. Trade Seabrook for a 2C while he still has perceived $million+ talemt when WE can see he has regressed to about half of that exalted level...
4. DRAFT a franchise goalie...JARRY or if he is picked before our spot at # 28 on this loser scenario then grab Phillipe Desrosiers because one softie goal at crucial tomes Crawford would obviously ne never the guy to lead us to the Promised Land...making savrs many goalies would not does not cover for lettimg in 35 foot shots umscteemed..never should happem if your goalie has "IT" ..that is,the ability to not give any preventoble goals past his glove or betweem his legs from unscreened long distance shots...
5. McD needs to set new team policy on banning playoff beards and extra facial hair growth...team can no longer recognize themselves or team-mates and so forgets how to play to win...
6. Time to unveil a NEW MASTER PLAN...
7. GIVE TEAM 1 MORE KICK AT THE CUP with this group mi.us Seabrook for a 2c..if that stkll fails under the new coach...THEN blos it all up...Kane to Bufflo...Goews to WPG...build from the goalie WALL and a bigger more physical D concept out...change ffom fancy dan skill.to the BIG PHSICAL SHUT DOWN game of the L.A. style that VAN's GM now says his team must morph to...where is our Lucic?

Last edited by hawksfan50: 05-21-2013 at 01:38 PM.
hawksfan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 01:18 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Bowman wont be fired

And there is no franchise goalie in this draft

Old
05-21-2013, 01:22 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Bowman wont be fired

And there is no franchise goalie in this draft
The Hawks could have a franchise goaltender in their system for all anyone knows. Goaltenders are that unpredictable.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 01:28 PM
Hawkman
Maddon MLB 15

Do little to nothing, come back with the same team/management

We won the SC 3 years ago for the first time in 50 years, we just won the President's Cup for the first time in 22 years, and most of our players are young. Obviously any major changes would be foolish.

Hawkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 01:33 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmm View Post
We won the SC 3 years ago for the first time in 50 years, we just won the President's Cup for the first time in 22 years, and most of our players are young. Obviously any major changes would be foolish.
Hossa is not young
Sharp is not young
Seabrook and Keith are not getting any younger

85 Chicago Bears used same argument and look how well that youth worked for them

two 1st round losses and a 2nd round loss (If it happens) is a serious issue and sign team is not a true contender at this point

And winning a worthless regular season trophy means nothing

Old
05-21-2013, 01:34 PM
Hawkscap

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmm View Post

Teams that use the past to not change fail in the future.

Hawkscap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 01:39 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Trading a core piece worked well in Chicago history

Oakley to Knicks was outrageous at time ,,, But Cartwright turned out to be key part of 3 championships

Old
05-21-2013, 01:46 PM
hockeydoug

Chelios trade
Roenick trade
Belfour trade
Larmer trade
Wilson trade

I don't like the history of the Hawks trading away a core player.

hockeydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 01:49 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeydoug View Post
Chelios trade
Roenick trade
Belfour trade
Larmer trade
Wilson trade

I don't like the history of the Hawks trading away a core player.
Wilson was at end ,, Trading him (Especially after failed 91 season) wasn't unreasonable or bad

Infact the Hawks did make finals the next year without him.. The Thomas trade is the one to regret from 92

And The rest of those either were result of contract or ownership/player issues

Old
05-21-2013, 01:53 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

Now that I think of it firing Q could solve the #2 C issue

New coach likely more receptive to moving Sharp back

Saad-Toews-Kane
Morin-Sharp-Hossa