HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LIX - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread

Old
05-21-2013, 11:34 AM
windycity

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Wow Wings giving some hope that the Habs pick might bump up to 24.

I wouldn't mind the Habs poaching both Stalberg and Bickell from the Hawks this summer to replace Ryder/Kaberle/etc.
Stalberg will be overpriced and some dopey team will overpay for him, book it

Hawks will re-sign Bickell, book that also.

But would like to have both on Habs

Old
05-21-2013, 11:36 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 725
Seems we've got ourselves a reason why it was so difficult for Rinne...just got an hip operation for something that troubled him all year long.

Last edited by Whitesnake: 05-21-2013 at 11:51 AM.
Old
05-21-2013, 11:45 AM
windycity

can we just get the playoffs over so we can get to the important stuff, i.e., the draft?

Old
05-21-2013, 12:10 PM
WhiskeySeven
Bustchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
You hold such a big double standard that I'm wondering if you're actually serious.

On one hand you say the sample size for Therrien is too small to really fully credit him, yet you have no problem trying to discredit him because we had a bad slump and lost in the POs. It doesn't matter that we actually outplayed Ottawa for the most part, nor that we had a huge number of injuries, nor that Price got absolutely owned by Anderson, nope that doesn't matter.
It's an even smaller sample size than the one you're referring to but who cares. Let's crap on him because you didn't like him to begin with.

You also have no problem criticizing Bergevin over the same sample size of Therrien. Never head you talk of a small sample size when you made those generalizations on how Bergevin is of the same mold as Gainey/Gauthier.

I think you need some time off from hockey because you clearly lost your mind.
You're right actually. I guess I'm pissed off at the way we lost and I'm blaming it on Therrien.

It is a double standard and I was pretty myopic about it.

He deserves the benefit of the doubt for sure, and there's nothing to say that he won't be better next season (same goes for DD and Price and all the other spacegoats). I still reserve the right to be pissed at Bergevin for the extensions to the smurfs though.

My apologies, everyone.

I realize it sounds sarcastic but I mean it.

Old
05-21-2013, 12:20 PM
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Was referring mostly to the hiring of Michel 'rispeck' Therrien. The Cole trade was weird: on one hand he was playing poorly and his contract looked daunting, on the other hand he brought an element of physicality that no one, save Bourque, even thought about bringing. Cole was the guy who'd hit the net and stand there and take his punishment, no one else did that.

Point is that we lost a big physical element for flexibility and a shot at more efficient cap management... but if that's the case why did Gionta get traded?
MT has an accent, so what ?

that's 11/12 Cole, the one who played for us at the beginning of last season isnt the one you describe.

Old
05-21-2013, 12:25 PM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Seems we've got ourselves a reason why it was so difficult for Rinne...just got an hip operation for something that troubled him all year long.
Your pre-edited post had a comment along the lines of "Rinne has an excuse, I'm still waiting for Price's". Someone posted here about a week ago where Price said he had a minor injury that bothered him in the second half of the season, but wouldn't use that as an excuse for the way he played.

Edit: here's what I found. Can't find the one exactly where Price said it wasn't an excuse for his play

Quote:
@JohnLuTSNMtl:#Habs Price says he was healthy for most of the season until near the end when old (unspecified) injuries started nagging him...

Old
05-21-2013, 12:27 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Same could be said about Price, had groin probs during the camp that probably bothered him the whole season..

Old
05-21-2013, 01:04 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Same could be said about Price, had groin probs during the camp that probably bothered him the whole season..
When other goalies are playing hurt it's a justification, when Price is playing hurt it's an excuse.

Old
05-21-2013, 01:10 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
MT has an accent, so what ?

that's 11/12 Cole, the one who played for us at the beginning of last season isnt the one you describe.
Not to mention people forget Cole will be 35 soon, not like it's unheard of for players to regress at this point in their career.

Old
05-21-2013, 03:26 PM
Fergy22

According to Stephane Roy, older brother Patrick is signing on as head coach with the Avalance. Details just need ironed out according to him

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/avs-mum...4683--nhl.html

Old
05-21-2013, 03:26 PM
WhiskeySeven
Bustchenyuk

Quote:
Not to mention people forget Cole will be 35 soon, not like it's unheard of for players to regress at this point in their career.
Gomez and Gionta did it at 30!

Old
05-21-2013, 03:33 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Gomez and Gionta did it at 30!
Gionta hasn't regressed much, his play this year was close to his first 2 years here.

Old
05-21-2013, 03:36 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
When other goalies are playing hurt it's a justification, when Price is playing hurt it's an excuse.
Except that Price wasn't playing hurt. He tweaked something in training camp, then again in game 4 of the playoff first round. No mention of anything groin related in the time in between.

Yet HFboards now concludes he played the entire season injured. Without any real information confirmed by anyone of any authority or in position to know.

This also doesn't fit into the consensus from management through to Price himself that he simply has to play better. Nobody is using the injury excuse, why must Price Fans cling to a notion that is simply false.

Old
05-21-2013, 04:19 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Except that Price wasn't playing hurt. He tweaked something in training camp, then again in game 4 of the playoff first round. No mention of anything groin related in the time in between.

Yet HFboards now concludes he played the entire season injured. Without any real information confirmed by anyone of any authority or in position to know.

This also doesn't fit into the consensus from management through to Price himself that he simply has to play better. Nobody is using the injury excuse, why must Price Fans cling to a notion that is simply false.
He gets/has gotten plenty criticism and the team + he alike suggested that he needs to play better. Trading him in a market with Luongo and Miller available is illogical as would be trading for one of them. Aside from hoping for him to bounce back to how he was in the 1st half of the season, what do you suggest?

Old
05-21-2013, 04:30 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
He gets/has gotten plenty criticism and the team + he alike suggested that he needs to play better. Trading him in a market with Luongo and Miller available is illogical as would be trading for one of them. Aside from hoping for him to bounce back to how he was in the 1st half of the season, what do you suggest?
I am suggesting to deal with the situation at the appropriate time, however in the meantime refrain from making excuses claiming injuries that the player and team are not themselves claiming ever existed.

Old
05-21-2013, 04:34 PM
habdynasty

Quote:
I am suggesting to deal with the situation at the appropriate time, however in the meantime refrain from making excuses claiming injuries that the player and team are not themselves claiming ever existed.
Teams or players never tell the truth about injuries, unless you are a trainer you dont know ****.

Old
05-21-2013, 04:50 PM
WhiskeySeven
Bustchenyuk

Quote:

I agree with you actually. No point making excuses for the guy all the time - if he can't lead us, someone else should.

I just think that he can, and has it in him where you clearly don't. Otherwise, you're right that too many HFboarders make too many excuses for him.

Old
05-21-2013, 04:55 PM
habdynasty

I hope the penguins win the cup, that would make Vokoun the best goalie in the league. The Rangers need to upgrade their goaltending soon.

Old
05-21-2013, 06:07 PM
sharks9

Quote:

Did you not read the tweet that was posted? He was fine during most of the season and his injury started affecting him near the end of the season.

Old
05-21-2013, 06:19 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
The day that Price gets an operation because of it...it becomes a justification. Me, the biggest Price hater, kept mentioning that I was waiting to hear that from the Habs, that Price battled a groin injury all year long that would explain a lot of things but so far....nothing. As of now, we "THINK" he might have had a problem with his groin. We....armchair scouts and GM's. We never had any confirmation about it. Rinne's operation though is a pretty good confirmation even for us....

Old
05-21-2013, 06:54 PM
Dagistitsyn

Anyone have a good quality stream for Bruins Rangers?

Old
05-21-2013, 08:00 PM
LeHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrowe21 View Post
Anyone have a good quality stream for Bruins Rangers?
http://nutjob.eu/njtvx10.html

Decent one - NBC

Old
05-21-2013, 08:03 PM
Andy

Quote:
. We never had any confirmation about it..
@JohnLuTSNMtl:#Habs Price says he was healthy for most of the season until near the end when old (unspecified) injuries started nagging him..

Old
05-21-2013, 08:12 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
@JohnLuTSNMtl:#Habs Price says he was healthy for most of the season until near the end when old (unspecified) injuries started nagging him..
All year long was my point. Which is what Rinne had to endure. Then the talk of old injuries...what was it? And shouldn't it be treated? Let's hope it does.

Old
05-21-2013, 08:37 PM
Bloumeister
Live long & prosper

Good hustle from the Broons' 4th line. Could see it coming.

Closed Thread