HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Official 2013 (Annual) Habs Board Mock Draft Thread (Officially Underway!!)

Closed Thread

Old
05-21-2013, 11:52 AM
WeThreeKings

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Capitals Select G Patrik Bartosak.

Someone PM who is next on the clock, I'm back to work.

Old
05-21-2013, 11:56 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post

PM'd le_sean

Old
05-21-2013, 12:05 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:

Arrrrgh

Old
05-21-2013, 12:12 PM
le_sean

With the 143rd pick in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, the Toronto Maple Leafs select, from Salavat Yulaev Ufa of the KHL, forward Anton Slepyshev.

"We'd first like to apologize to HFBoards poster Whitesnake. We'd also like to apologize on behalf of Whitesnake for wasting a 1st rounder on Anton last year We believe Anton is a 1st round talent that is dropping due to the KHL factor. He has the size and offensive ability to make an impact at the NHL level. We've also had previous success luring KHL players to our league (Kulemin and Komarov)."

Next GM Pm'd

Old
05-21-2013, 01:08 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Big

Old
05-21-2013, 03:43 PM
Et le But

Sorry to ask this, but I'm gonna be on the bus back to Montreal for the rest of the night so if by some miracle my pick comes up with before tomorrow, can someone pick for me to keep it moving? I won't be checking hfboards until tomorrow afternoon.

Old
05-21-2013, 03:47 PM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Sorry to ask this, but I'm gonna be on the bus back to Montreal for the rest of the night so if by some miracle my pick comes up with before tomorrow, can someone pick for me to keep it moving? I won't be checking hfboards until tomorrow afternoon.
You can leave your list of however many picks leading to yours with Habsfan18 or with me.. If not, I'll make your selection, I don't pick again til late 6th

Old
05-21-2013, 03:51 PM
yoteshot

Wrong thread

Last edited by yoteshot: 05-21-2013 at 06:02 PM.
Old
05-21-2013, 03:54 PM
Et le But

Quote:
You can leave your list of however many picks leading to yours with Habsfan18 or with me.. If not, I'll make your selection, I don't pick again til late 6th
Can't feet my list at the bus station and don't have any great steals today. I probably won't pick til tomorrow anyway but if it comes up before say 10 tomorrow feel free to pick for me to keep things moving.

Old
05-21-2013, 04:01 PM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Can't feet my list at the bus station and don't have any great steals today. I probably won't pick til tomorrow anyway but if it comes up before say 10 tomorrow feel free to pick for me to keep things moving.
Will do.

Old
05-21-2013, 05:05 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post

With the 143rd pick in the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, the Toronto Maple Leafs select, from Salavat Yulaev Ufa of the KHL, forward Anton Slepyshev.

"We'd first like to apologize to HFBoards poster Whitesnake. We'd also like to apologize on behalf of Whitesnake for wasting a 1st rounder on Anton last year We believe Anton is a 1st round talent that is dropping due to the KHL factor. He has the size and offensive ability to make an impact at the NHL level. We've also had previous success luring KHL players to our league (Kulemin and Komarov)."

Next GM Pm'd
On behalf of the Pittsburgh Penguins that actually employs Whitesnake as their head scout, we would like to thank you for taking him so he'd wouldn't have the nerve to pick him up once more....We also would like to thank you for writing "he has 1st round talent"....It soften the blow....

Old
05-21-2013, 05:27 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
On behalf of the Pittsburgh Penguins that actually employs Whitesnake as their head scout, we would like to thank you for taking him so he'd wouldn't have the nerve to pick him up once more....We also would like to thank you for writing "he has 1st round talent"....It soften the blow....
In all honesty, though, he does have 1st round talent. It's mostly a situational bias, which is understandable to a point, but I wonder who wants to be the last guy to pass him by before someone eventually picks him? Better be a team that's already well stocked in the system and/or already performing well.

Old
05-21-2013, 05:34 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Vancouver selects Matt Murphy!

Discuss!

That has been pm'd.

Last edited by overlords: 05-21-2013 at 05:41 PM.
Old
05-21-2013, 05:43 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:

That's a pretty solid autopick for the Capitals, imo (especially since Analyzer has been pretty forward happy up to this point). I know he's older, but on most nights he looks as solid as any other goalie you can choose from this year, has proven to be pretty consistent, and seems to have that extra focus in important games, too. Has been outstanding at every level he has played at (Czech U18 best SV%, U20 WJC top 3 Czech player, and a champion at both levels), and is already much less of a "question mark", imo, than many of the other potential draftees.

I thought hard about using my pick on him instead of Peterson, that's how good I think he could be - and soon. If Grubauer is supposedly their 3rd best solution as it stands now, the sooner they can add another quality goaltender to the mix the better. I can't see Soberg transitioning as smoothly to the NHL, for example, and the organizational depth really drops off from there.

Old
05-21-2013, 05:45 PM
NLHabsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post

Discuss!

That has been pm'd.
Dang, watching him slide I was thinking no way he makes it to my pick. As it got into the 140's I was getting anxious. Thanks for fixing that for me

Old
05-21-2013, 05:46 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLHabsFan View Post
Dang, watching him slide I was thinking no way he makes it to my pick. As it got into the 140's I was getting anxious. Thanks for fixing that for me
Thanks. I haven't seen him play all that much but from what I did see and hearing a bit from others, it seems like he could go much earlier. Pretty happy with the pick.

Old
05-21-2013, 05:57 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:

Discuss!
<-- Location: Halifax. What do you think I'm going to say? Gotta say, he developed a kind of shutdown reliability this season that I didn't fully expect. You expect defensemen to get progressively "better" by the eye test with experience, but he just kind of stepped into a smarter, more conservative role after coming over from Val d'Or than I expected, making it hard to judge. I mean, at face value, his production has gone downhill in the playoffs... but I'd argue that he's playing some of his best - if not necessarily offensively productive - hockey. Hard to stay so disciplined and still contribute so much to shutting down opponents, too.

Old
05-21-2013, 05:59 PM
NLHabsFan

Quote:
Thanks. I haven't seen him play all that much but from what I did see and hearing a bit from others, it seems like he could go much earlier. Pretty happy with the pick.
He kind of reminds me of Morgan Ellis. They have similar size and play a similar style game. A 2-way dman that is strong defensively (physicality and positioning) and has decent offensive abilities: good skating (not great) and good passing for the transition game. I think he would be more defensive as a pro but not inept when it comes to offense. At least that's what I took away when I seen him.

Old
05-21-2013, 06:00 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:

Discuss!

That has been pm'd.
Based on size and skill Murphy should have been a 25th to 35th overall pick, but his decision making has been a struggle this yaer so he had to simplify his game. He probably won't ever be a big offensive guy but could develop into shutdown guy with decent size and good mobility.

Old
05-21-2013, 06:15 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:

Discuss!

That has been pm'd.
Discuss what? There's nothing to discuss. We hate you. That's all.

Old
05-21-2013, 06:18 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
Based on size and skill Murphy should have been a 25th to 35th overall pick, but his decision making has been a struggle this yaer so he had to simplify his game. He probably won't ever be a big offensive guy but could develop into shutdown guy with decent size and good mobility.
I personally wouldn't "pigeon-hole" him into a "shutdown" role. "Stay-at-home" would be more like it. He just isn't the body type (size/durability) for punishing the bigger forwards at the next level, and given his first pass and confidence carrying the puck, I think it would almost be a waste assigning him to situations in which the whole unit is pretty much expected to sacrifice creativity for execution.

Ideally he'd develop into a dependable enough guy to place beside a more offensively dynamic partner on a second pairing for ~17 mins/night (think of Gorges beside PK a while back, only with better passing and puck carrying), because I just don't know how well suited he is for 12-15 min/night grinding. He's doing the job just fine and playing strong at the junior level... but it's just the junior level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLHabsFan View Post
He kind of reminds me of Morgan Ellis. They have similar size and play a similar style game.
Yup, I'll give you that one for sure. More of a question mark than Ellis at the same point in their development though, I'd argue.

Old
05-21-2013, 06:32 PM
That

Quote:

Discuss!

That has been pm'd.
Second time in a row that you've taken my guy

With the 155 overall pick in the draft, the Los Angeles Kings are proud to select forward Filip Sandberg!

Buffalo is on the clock, GM has been PM'd.

Old
05-21-2013, 07:00 PM
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
That's a pretty solid autopick for the Capitals, imo (especially since Analyzer has been pretty forward happy up to this point). I know he's older, but on most nights he looks as solid as any other goalie you can choose from this year, has proven to be pretty consistent, and seems to have that extra focus in important games, too. Has been outstanding at every level he has played at (Czech U18 best SV%, U20 WJC top 3 Czech player, and a champion at both levels), and is already much less of a "question mark", imo, than many of the other potential draftees.

I thought hard about using my pick on him instead of Peterson, that's how good I think he could be - and soon. If Grubauer is supposedly their 3rd best solution as it stands now, the sooner they can add another quality goaltender to the mix the better. I can't see Soberg transitioning as smoothly to the NHL, for example, and the organizational depth really drops off from there.
I took him last year in the Mock. Was really hoping the Habs would take him in the 7th round or even invite him to the camp last year. They didn't and now he's looking like a midround pick this year.

Quote:

Discuss!

That has been pm'd.
H8 u.

Old
05-21-2013, 08:06 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
With the 146th pick of the 2013 NHL Entry Draft the Buffalo Sabres are proud to select

From the West Kelowna Warriors Forward David Pope!

We are pleased to add a young man of Pope's qualities to the Sabres organization, he brings size, and skill to go with great work ethic and an attitude to win. He is committed to the Omaha Lancers where we expect him to improve on his overall game and add some muscle to his 6'2 frame. We are very excited by his potential and we feel he has a future in the NHL.

Next GM Pmd

Last edited by JHabs: 05-21-2013 at 11:03 PM.
Old
05-21-2013, 08:11 PM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:

Discuss!

That has been pm'd.
Oh **** you!

God damn it...

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Closed Thread