HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

Hockey Lobby Mock Draft - Most complete mock draft

Old
05-21-2013, 06:28 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

vCash: 500
Hockey Lobby Mock Draft - Most complete mock draft

Hey guys!

This is my latest Mock Draft with the standings as of today. I believe strongly this is my most complete mock draft ever...for real. Each player is ranked according to BPA and most possible by the needs of each teams as well. I've put a lot of work and research into it. As always, feel free to comment, whether you hate it or love it.

Enjoy the reading!

http://hockeylobby.blogspot.ca/2013/...ercard_21.html
Quote:

Seth Jones (D) – Portland Winterhawks
Colorado picks the most coveted player of the draft. Growing up in Denver, Jones will play for his childhood team. Jones has great athleticism and work ethic, combined with a great talent and vision on ice. Kid’s potential is unlimited. NHL comparison: Alex Pietrangelo + Keith Yandle

Nathan MacKinnon (C) – Halifax Mooseheads
Dale Tallon will be ecstatic to pick MacKinnon, as he will be their go-to-guy with Huberdeau for years to come. He possesses the most explosive first 3 steps of the draft combined with a nose for the net. His defensive play is very well rounded as well. NHL comparison: Taylor Hall + Tyler Seguin

Jonathan Drouin (LW) – Halifax Mooseheads
With Marty St.-Louis not getting younger, Tampa Bay will have the perfect winger for Stamkos to reach the 70 goals plateau in the near future. Basically the prospect with the best hands of this year’s draft and the past previous ones. NHL comparison: Patrick Kane + Martin St.-Louis

Jabba11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 06:34 PM
boredmale

If the Islanders(15) want to draft Fucale, I hope they would look to trade down 4-5 spots first. I could see a team around 19-20 really liking a player and wanting a stab at them first that the Islanders might be able to squeeze out a 2nd rounder

All that being said the Islanders might just be better served to take BPA at 15, and that player could either be used as trade bait sometime down the line or part of our future.

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 06:37 PM
Kritty

As much as I like Domi, I just don't see any way the Flames take him that early when Darnell Nurse could be there still. The Flames have two big needs and Domi doesn't fill either. He could be a top line C but his size also limits him against the big centres in the West. If they want Domi, I'd just as well trade down and try to get him and Horvat.

Kritty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 06:51 PM
Trae

I will be pretty disappointed if the Flames don't walk away from this draft with one of Monahan or Lindholm, unless of course one of the big 4 fall to us.

Trae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 06:51 PM
Chapin Landvogt
Hockey's Future Staff

Would be very surprised to see the Islanders grab a goalie at 15.

They could use an answer in net now, something they'll have to find on the market.

In addition, they have three goaltenders in the system who show some real promise. I doubt Snow has given up on all three not being a number one caliber goalie at some point in the near future.

Chapin Landvogt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 06:58 PM
Vankiller Whale
And so it begins

Looks pretty solid. From Vancouver I don't think Gillis will take an undersized player with our 1st pick, and I'd prefer Morrissey at that point over Petan.

My only minor complaint is that in some of your NHL comparisons you have players like Sean Couturier who we have no idea how he good he might end up being, or Morgan Rielly, who has yet to even play in the NHL.

And a minor detail, for Barkov, you said he had unremarkable vision and then compared him to Joe Thornton. I assume you meant simply remarkable vision.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 07:01 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Looks pretty solid. From Vancouver I don't think Gillis will take an undersized player with our 1st pick, and I'd prefer Morrissey at that point over Petan.

My only minor complaint is that in some of your NHL comparisons you have players like Sean Couturier who we have no idea how he good he might end up being, or Morgan Rielly, who has yet to even play in the NHL.

And a minor detail, for Barkov, you said he had unremarkable vision and then compared him to Joe Thornton. I assume you meant simply remarkable vision.
Thanks! My mistake. I'll correct it.

I have to say here are the only picks that I thought would gather some criticism:

- Domi to the Flames
- Fucale to the Isles (because he's a goaltender)
- Ryan Hartman to the Red Wings
- Nic Petan to Vancouver (because of his size)

Old
05-21-2013, 07:07 PM
maximus tacitus
KeepKane and CarryIn

I have issues with the #16 pick as Zykov is not a Dman playing for the Knights

maximus tacitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 07:09 PM
Nascarfan12

What if (After the AVs name Roy as coach). He's seen Fucale and McKinnon for like 2 years and wants to go with someone he knows about ?

Nascarfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 07:11 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascarfan12 View Post
What if (After the AVs name Roy as coach). He's seen Fucale and McKinnon for like 2 years and wants to go with someone he knows about ?
I can see him give some tips but not for the 1st overall. Colorado staff probably knows more about Jones than Roy does. But I can see Roy suggest a steal pick with Sorensen or Duclair in the 2nd or later rounds.

Old
05-21-2013, 07:41 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

Just for the record Bryan Murray has never drafted a kid from the Q in the first round. So don't really see Gauthier going to the Sens...

DJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 07:53 PM
SiCKNESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post

0 chance in hell Canucks pick Petan.

SiCKNESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 08:04 PM
Emerica
Thank You Alfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB View Post
Just for the record Bryan Murray has never drafted a kid from the Q in the first round. So don't really see Gauthier going to the Sens...
Doesn't make much sense to me either. Seriously doubt we go C in the 1st round, we need some wingers and/or D before centers imo.

Would much rather pick Hartman, Mantha or even Lazar at that spot.

Emerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 08:09 PM
Morry83

No way the Stars take Wennberg over Shinkaruk.

This is an extremely odd mock draft. A lot of questionable and strange placements and selections...

Morry83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 08:19 PM
usascout1

I would also like to see the Flames walk away from this draft with either one of Monahan or Lindholm.

usascout1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 08:34 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerica View Post
Doesn't make much sense to me either. Seriously doubt we go C in the 1st round, we need some wingers and/or D before centers imo.

Would much rather pick Hartman, Mantha or even Lazar at that spot.
Granted Huberdeau would have been the first had he fallen. Exceptional player though.

Murray pretty much sticks to OHL, WHL and Sweden. Which is perfect because those are the guys I like.

The only Q player other than McKinnon and Drouin who won't be available I could see the Sens drafting is Erne. Creampuffs like Gauthier and Mantha just doesn't cut it.

DJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 08:40 PM
Sundinisagod
tanknation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morry83 View Post
No way the Stars take Wennberg over Shinkaruk.

This is an extremely odd mock draft. A lot of questionable and strange placements and selections...

How do you know this?

Sundinisagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 08:41 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

Devils select Nichushkin?

Well thank you very much

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 08:47 PM
Sundinisagod
tanknation

I also had Mantha to the Leafs at 21 in my mock.

Sundinisagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:29 PM
DeltaSwede

Vancouver will likely go big and mean with scoring touch.

Horvat, Rychel, Mantha, Hartman, Lazar, or Erne.

Looking at it realistically I hope the Canucks get one of Rychel, Hartman or Mantha. Would be extremely pleased with any of those picks. If none of them are available, get Hägg, I think he is better than Ristolainen.

DeltaSwede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:39 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaSwede View Post
Vancouver will likely go big and mean with scoring touch.

Horvat, Rychel, Mantha, Hartman, Lazar, or Erne.

Looking at it realistically I hope the Canucks get one of Rychel, Hartman or Mantha. Would be extremely pleased with any of those picks. If none of them are available, get Hägg, I think he is better than Ristolainen.
I like Hägg also. He's in the mix with all the defenseman available: Madison Bowey, Samuel Morin, Josh Morrissey, Shea Theodore, Mirco Mueller.

I can see Petan, Rychel and Hägg being the top 3 choices for Vancouver.

Old
05-21-2013, 09:54 PM
Maitz
Chucky#27

Mantha will be a Habs by June 30th.

Habs won't pass on him. He really wants to play for Habs. He grew up in my city and there was an article in local newspapers couple of weeks ago about Mantha concern on his draft rank and would do anything to play for Habs.

Maitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:55 PM
TriPPinVdUb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kritty View Post
As much as I like Domi, I just don't see any way the Flames take him that early when Darnell Nurse could be there still. The Flames have two big needs and Domi doesn't fill either. He could be a top line C but his size also limits him against the big centres in the West. If they want Domi, I'd just as well trade down and try to get him and Horvat.
No way in hell they take Domi in the 6th spot, that would immediately mark the end of Feasters run as GM. It's either Lindholm, Monohan or the Rusky depending on how his interview goes.

TriPPinVdUb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:56 PM
Emerica
Thank You Alfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maitz View Post
Mantha will be a Habs by June 30th.

Habs won't pass on him. He really wants to play for Habs. He grew up in my city and there was an article in local newspapers couple of weeks ago about Mantha concern on his draft rank and would do anything to play for Habs.
To bad he has no say on which team he goes to.

Emerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 10:00 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

I would be very disappointed to miss out on Pulock by one pick.

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote