HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dustin Byfuglien

Old
05-17-2013, 02:57 PM
km204

vCash: 500
Dustin Byfuglien

I'm sure this has been done before and I did a search but couldn't find this exact thread. I'm curious what he could fetch in a trade as he's a very polarizing player so his value is hard to gauge. As a Jets fan I would have no issues trading him if we can get a solid piece back. Looking to the future we are going to be very good at RD with Bogo, Trouba, and Redmond. If we lose Buff we could likely find a stop gap in free agency to play until Trouba is ready.

Ideally I'd like the main piece coming back to be a top 6 RW. As a Jets fan the other main piece I'd be willing to add in a trade for Buff is Burmi as long it would allow us to get a solid piece:

Ex: Buff and Burmi for Bobby Ryan (not sure if this is realistic, but something like that)

What is your teams best offer for Buff straight up or a Buff package including Burmi, etc....?

km204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 02:59 PM
JetsHomer

vCash: 50
Buff for Skinner?

JetsHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 03:00 PM
Peter Griffin

The Jets have two holes in their top 6 as it stands, 1st/2nd line center(depending on where you put Little) and 2nd line RW. Mark Scheifele could fill the 2nd line center role in the near future so I would think the Jets would be seeking a 2nd line RW, preferably a playmaker to compliment Evander Kane.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 03:23 PM
Huffer

Buff and Burmi for Ryan and Sbisa was something I posted that was agreed to from a value perspective.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 03:29 PM
JetsHomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
The Jets have two holes in their top 6 as it stands, 1st/2nd line center(depending on where you put Little) and 2nd line RW. Mark Scheifele could fill the 2nd line center role in the near future so I would think the Jets would be seeking a 2nd line RW, preferably a playmaker to compliment Evander Kane.
Buff alone is worth more than any second line RW. Buff is a 50 point, big minute defender. If he's not returning a 60+ point guy, why would the Jets trade him? Unless they move him for a second line right wing and a #4 LD. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

JetsHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 04:24 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
Buff alone is worth more than any second line RW. Buff is a 50 point, big minute defender. If he's not returning a 60+ point guy, why would the Jets trade him? Unless they move him for a second line right wing and a #4 LD. It'll be interesting to see what happens.
I agree. For example, Teddy Purcell is a player that could be a fit with the Jets, but I wouldn't trade Buff straight up for him. IMO, it will be hard for the Jets to get fair value for Byfuglien because when he's on his game, he can be a game breaking player but I don't think his value around the NHL quite matches what he can provide.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 09:28 PM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

The other thing is his name comes up a lot in trade talks on here, but people assume its because of his play. It's not, we have 5 legit RHD and two of them - not including buff - are young blue chip guys. We can certainly afford to trade him. If Bogo or trouba disappeared tomorrow we would keep buff.

allan5oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 09:36 PM
letowskie

So what is wrong with moving Byfuglien back to a RW position, he seems to have done alright with the hawks in that capacity, even though it may not be his "natural" position.

letowskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 09:42 PM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

Quote:
Originally Posted by letowskie View Post
So what is wrong with moving Byfuglien back to a RW position, he seems to have done alright with the hawks in that capacity, even though it may not be his "natural" position.
He doesn't want to play that position. Take a look at his point production, it went way up when he switched to D. Probably due to PP time, but the point still stands.

Old
05-17-2013, 09:48 PM
letowskie

Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
He doesn't want to play that position. Take a look at his point production, it went way up when he switched to D. Probably due to PP time, but the point still stands.
Fair point. Although the Hawks won the cup, with Buff as their main power forward in the lineup, I can't see how he would do too badly in that role again. Perhaps at even strength allow him to play wing, while put him on the 1st PP unit on the point; that seems to be a good compromise. If you guys are desperate for wings, that would be the first thing to try.

letowskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 09:53 PM
araisarena

If I was Leafs GM, I'd give a signed Bozak and Frattin/Biggs and a conditional first round (top 10 protected) for Big Buff. Big minute guy, great offensively, can hit, solid defensively outside the occasional brain fart.

araisarena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 10:05 PM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

Quote:
Originally Posted by letowskie View Post
Fair point. Although the Hawks won the cup, with Buff as their main power forward in the lineup, I can't see how he would do too badly in that role again. Perhaps at even strength allow him to play wing, while put him on the 1st PP unit on the point; that seems to be a good compromise. If you guys are desperate for wings, that would be the first thing to try.
We did against Montreal, not so good. All he seems to do is be out of position and get in the way of the RD. He genuinely seemed lost.

Old
05-17-2013, 10:10 PM
Hawker14

Hopefully Burke gets a GM position soon so the Jets can fleece him. The Bruins shouldn't have all the fun.

Hawker14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 10:40 PM
FifthLine
Leaf Syndrome

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker14 View Post
Hopefully Burke gets a GM position soon so the Jets can fleece him. The Bruins shouldn't have all the fun.
lool Burke may have made some mistakes, but one thing you can't mock him about is his 'Trade' Ability. If your referring to the Kessel trade... then I'm done with this conversation.

FifthLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 10:46 PM
Mika Zibanejad
Free the Oppressed

Would love to see him play with Karlsson...

Mark Stone
Stefan Noesen
1ST

---
Dustin Byfuglien
2ND

Mika Zibanejad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 10:48 PM
Aceonfire
Las Vegas Aces

Gagner + Paajarvi + 1st + Anaheim's 2nd

for

Buff + Burmi + 1st

The Jets get more offense with a skilled 2nd line center and a 2-way winger with size. They also upgrade their 1st round pick and get a mid 2nd rounder.

Edmonton gets a #1D already signed to a decent contract. They get a cheaper #2C that could really thrive playing with Yakupov and has shown an underrated 2-way game.

Aceonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 10:49 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 5949
Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
We did against Montreal, not so good. All he seems to do is be out of position and get in the way of the RD. He genuinely seemed lost.
I don't think he was genuinely lost. The only thing genuine about his play for those 1.5 games at RW this year was his unhappiness about it - i.e. he was stinking it up to make a point.

Regardless, there's plenty of teams that would kill for an impact defender that can play 25+ minutes a night and put up 50+ points. He's also signed for several more years at a very reasonable cap hit. I'd hope for a Bobby Ryan-type return.

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 11:20 PM
allan5oh
#Dive4Five #31Buyout

No kidding, his value is as a 50 point D-man, not a 35 point winger. The former is worth multiples more than the latter.

Old
05-17-2013, 11:32 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceonfire View Post
Gagner + Paajarvi + 1st + Anaheim's 2nd

for

Buff + Burmi + 1st

The Jets get more offense with a skilled 2nd line center and a 2-way winger with size. They also upgrade their 1st round pick and get a mid 2nd rounder.

Edmonton gets a #1D already signed to a decent contract. They get a cheaper #2C that could really thrive playing with Yakupov and has shown an underrated 2-way game.
Way too many pieces involved in this deal. No need for either 1st rounders and Edmonton has no use for Burmistrov. From Edmonton I would offer our first round pick and see what the Jets have to say about it.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 11:48 PM
Mats Zuccarelli
NY Hockey Rangers

How about Del Zotto, JT Miller and Brian Boyle for Buffy?

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1407419

Mats Zuccarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 08:54 PM
Zhamnov10

What would your team offer for Big Buff?

The jets are going to be looking to move Dustin Byfuglien to help fill some of the holes in the jets line-up they are looking for a top-4 LHD,top-6 RW or C.what would your team if they had a need for a offensive defenceman be willing to offer?

Zhamnov10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:04 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhamnov10 View Post
The jets are going to be looking to move Dustin Byfuglien to help fill some of the holes in the jets line-up they are looking for a top-4 LHD,top-6 RW or C.what would your team if they had a need for a offensive defenceman be willing to offer?
Might want to check the exact same thread that was started last week.

Short answer: even though Buff is the second highest scoring D man over the last three seasons, the refrain from people who have no clue is that he's too lazy, and not good enough for their teams.

That, and somehow Jets fans are not allowed to discuss trading Buff to fill a need, as somehow we're not being truthful in how valuable he is, and just want to get rid if him.

Even though other fanbases can post some of their valuable players in hockey deals (Marc Staal, Vanek, etc).

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:06 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
Grabovski + 2nd

Leafs need a D, Jets need a C, both or overpaid but Byfuglien actually had a decent season hence the 2nd

The Podium is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:14 PM
Teeder9
Free rent for Mo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Podium View Post
Grabovski + 2nd

Leafs need a D, Jets need a C, both or overpaid but Byfuglien actually had a decent season hence the 2nd
They aren't taking Grabovski and Buff, if he is considered overpaid, is nowhere close to the same as Grabovski. Personally, I don't think he is. Love to have him but we don't have anything that makes sense for both of us unless we can use futures, which doesn't help you

Teeder9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:14 PM
Zhamnov10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Might want to check the exact same thread that was started last week.

Short answer: even though Buff is the second highest scoring D man over the last three seasons, the refrain from people who have no clue is that he's too lazy, and not good enough for
That, and somehow Jets fans are not allowed to discuss trading Buff to fill a need, as somehow we're not being truthful in how valuable he is, and just want to get rid if him.

Even though other fanbases can post some of their valuable players in hockey deals (Marc Staal, Vanek, etc).
Haha ok thanks for the heads up,it is real hard to put a value on buff he is such a wildcard he is a real difference maker just not night in night out.If he was in better condition he would be much more consistent but I think to the right team who doesn't need to rely on him to be a star every game he would be an important piece for a cup run.

Zhamnov10 is offline   Reply With Quote