HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers new-look Powerplay for Game 3

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-21-2013, 08:51 PM
  #51
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,939
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustarddTiger View Post
How is that me contradicting myself I don't understand haha...That's just supporting what I'm saying.
I'm interpreting this as two separate concepts unless you implied differently.

Pierre is right. They are playing every man for himself. There is no structure or teamwork on the PP.

Bob Richards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 08:56 PM
  #52
MustarddTiger
Rookie User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 57
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I'm interpreting this as two separate concepts unless you implied differently.

Pierre is right. They are playing every man for himself. There is no structure or teamwork on the PP.
Alright, and like the way that you just bolded 30% of my post, and responded just to that, you're taking words out of context.

All I was responding to was people blaming it on the coaches. Fine, if you and Pierre think everyone is being too selfish, fine. I wouldn't say that's a problem with the coach....It's just people being ****ing stupid...


TLDR; If you're a playoff hockey team, who wants to win the cup, you score goals when playing 5 on 4...It's simple...unless maybe you're the Bruins team that won the cup a few years ago.

MustarddTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 08:59 PM
  #53
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,939
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustarddTiger View Post
Alright, and like the way that you just bolded 30% of my post, and responded just to that, you're taking words out of context.

All I was responding to was people blaming it on the coaches. Fine, if you and Pierre think everyone is being too selfish, fine. I wouldn't say that's a problem with the coach....It's just people being ****ing stupid...


TLDR; If you're a playoff hockey team, who wants to win the cup, you score goals when playing 5 on 4...It's simple...unless maybe you're the Bruins team that won the cup a few years ago.
How can you not blame it on the coaches? We have had numerous roster changes under Torts in his tenure and the PP is still atrocious.

And, you're really over-simplifying it. If it was as simple as, "just score", it wouldn't be a yearly problem.

Bob Richards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:01 PM
  #54
MustarddTiger
Rookie User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 57
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
I'm interpreting this as two separate concepts unless you implied differently.

Pierre is right. They are playing every man for himself. There is no structure or teamwork on the PP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
How can you not blame it on the coaches? We have had numerous roster changes under Torts in his tenure and the PP is still atrocious.

And, you're really over-simplifying it. If it was as simple as, "just score", it wouldn't be a yearly problem.
Do you not understand that we had 13 PP goals last year in the playoffs? Clearly our PP stuggles are aligned with the fact that this team this year just is not the same team, bottom line, and it's sad.

MustarddTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:02 PM
  #55
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,647
vCash: 500
The fact that our power play has been below average for the past several years leads me to believe a good bit of blame can be placed on the coaches.

broadwayblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:05 PM
  #56
MustarddTiger
Rookie User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 57
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
The fact that our power play has been below average for the past several years leads me to believe a good bit of blame can be placed on the coaches.
The fact that our PP actually lit up on fire, during the playoffs, to everyones surprise last year, and the fact that our team just sucks this year, we don't have Staal and we're just soft, leads me to believe that you're overreacting about it being all on the coaches, and more the fact that we just suck.

MustarddTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:05 PM
  #57
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,939
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustarddTiger View Post
Do you not understand that we had 13 PP goals last year in the playoffs? Clearly our PP stuggles are aligned with the fact that this team this year just is not the same team, bottom line, and it's sad.
If you don't see that as an outlier, then I don't know what to tell you.

Bob Richards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:08 PM
  #58
MustarddTiger
Rookie User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 57
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Richards View Post
If you don't see that as an outlier, then I don't know what to tell you.
Saying our entire PP performance during last years playoffs is an outlier is ridiculous haha.

MustarddTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:10 PM
  #59
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,647
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustarddTiger View Post
The fact that our PP actually lit up on fire, during the playoffs, to everyones surprise last year, and the fact that our team just sucks this year, we don't have Staal and we're just soft, leads me to believe that you're overreacting about it being all on the coaches, and more the fact that we just suck.
First of all I said a good bit of the blame..I didn't say it's all on the coaches. And interesting that you use the "surprising performance" of a small sample size during last year's playoffs to counter years of sub par power plays.

broadwayblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:11 PM
  #60
3rd Guy High
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 745
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustarddTiger View Post
Pierre had a good point? Listen to yourself.

Don't be so naive about the PP. Who gives a **** about Sully or Torts says. And for ****s sakes, Pierre saying it's every man for himself???? Some, if not most playoff power plays that dominate in the playoffs, are just INDIVIDUALS stepping up, working together, making a smart pass, and lighting the ****ing lamp..

**** the coaches, you are making this way too complicated...5v4 players need to find a way to score, period. It's the ****ing playoffs, 5b4 hockey, score a ****ing goal.
So if you were a coach that's what you'd say to your players? Because this 2 for 39 is the result of coaching like that where you say "just find a way" but don't teach the players how to "find a way".

It's so ****ing simple too. Create 2 on 1s all over the ice. Get open into soft area. Move the puck to where WE can get there first. It doesn't have to be a direct pass. Just somewhere where its a 70/30 puck vs a 50/50 puck. Puck support. ****. It really is embarrassing seeing an NHL level team not do this. There's an age old saying, "Work hard, but smart." If you're not working smart you're going to get what we have.

Players should know all of this by default, and if they don't their coach should be telling them to!! I don't see either out there! So, who gives a **** what Torts or Sully says? The thing is, they're the coaches. They should be telling the players how to fix it. It's pretty clear that a) they're not doing that, or b) they are but have no ****ing clue what theyre talking about. I think it's a combination of the two. For all the tape they do they should have SOMETHING by now. Not a PP that's operating at less than 5% in the playoffs. How embarrassing is that!

3rd Guy High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:13 PM
  #61
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 45,939
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustarddTiger View Post
Saying our entire PP performance during last years playoffs is an outlier is ridiculous haha.
It was clearly an outlier. It was 23rd in last years regular season. Everything has a hot streak once in awhile. The ****** PP this year even had spurts of greatness.

Bob Richards is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:13 PM
  #62
MustarddTiger
Rookie User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 57
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
First of all I said a good bit of the blame..I didn't say it's all on the coaches. And interesting that you use the "surprising performance" of a small sample size during last year's playoffs to counter years of sub par power plays.
What are you a wannabe statistics major or something? The concept of labeling any playoff performance as an outlier compared to what happens during the regular season is just silly and naive.

MustarddTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:16 PM
  #63
MustarddTiger
Rookie User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 57
vCash: 500
Team is just pathetic compared to last year. Period. Giardi didn't paly well, Hank didn't play well, we didn't have Staal, we didn't have Prust, Duby, Fedo , and Arty? Dorsett was ****ing pathetic in picking up Prust's slack...He finally picks a fight in game two when we're down 5-2???

Let's be real...Team is soft and has no fight...Don't blame the coaches or the PP...We just got outplayed, period.

MustarddTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:16 PM
  #64
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,647
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustarddTiger View Post
What are you a wannabe statistics major or something? The concept of labeling any playoff performance as an outlier compared to what happens during the regular season is just silly and naive.
Not going to waste any more time arguing with you. If you think 20 games is the same as 82 I'm not sure what else can be said.

broadwayblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:19 PM
  #65
MustarddTiger
Rookie User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 57
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Not going to waste any more time arguing with you. If you think 20 games is the same as 82 I'm not sure what else can be said.
So you think the regular season is more important?

MustarddTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:21 PM
  #66
JohnC
#FreeSteve
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,549
vCash: 500
Last years playoff PP is in the running for biggest outlier

It's competition? Last years season!

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:24 PM
  #67
M0rbid
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Cave
Country: United States
Posts: 7,735
vCash: 500
so what was this new look PP?????

M0rbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:37 PM
  #68
EEDAWGZ
Registered User
 
EEDAWGZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Queens,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 857
vCash: 500
wow! that pp tonight reminded me of the 91 92 Rangers PP great job boys

EEDAWGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 11:08 PM
  #69
Calad
Section 422
 
Calad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustarddTiger View Post
So you think the regular season is more important?
Just stop. You're embarrassing yourself

Calad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:12 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.