HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Other Arizona Sports Thread II: DBacks, Cardinals, Suns, Wildcats, Sun Devils, etc

Closed Thread

Old
05-07-2013, 07:08 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

vCash: 500
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?id=9093888

Quote:
May 7, 2013 (PHOENIX) -- The Phoenix Suns have hired Boston Celtics executive Ryan McDonough as their next general manager.
The 33-year-old McDonough replaces Lance Blanks, who was fired on April 22 after failing to take the Suns to the playoffs in three seasons.

Old
05-07-2013, 11:57 PM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Doesn't matter so long as you still have a ******* owner willing to sell players like Rajon Rondo for a few million dollars.

Old
05-10-2013, 06:28 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Doesn't matter so long as you still have a ******* owner willing to sell players like Rajon Rondo for a few million dollars.
Indeed.

Old
05-10-2013, 06:29 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/card...nclick_check=1

Quote:
The Cardinals turned to a familiar face to address concerns at inside linebacker.

Photos: Karlos Dansby's time with the Cardinals

Karlos Dansby, who spent six seasons with the team, has agreed to a one-year contract, the Cardinals announced on Friday morning.

Dansby spent the past three years with the Dolphins, who released him earlier this spring. He helps fill an immediate need for the Cardinals. Starting inside linebacker Daryl Washington is suspended for the first four games and could face additional punishment because of two aggravated assault charges.

Old
05-10-2013, 08:36 PM
XX
Lots of Try

I'll never understand football personnel decisions. Dansby is a 16 game starter, does his job well. He even lead the team in tackles. So what is his reward? He gets cut, and is forced to take a one year deal with a team. Urlacher, Freeney, and Abraham can't find jobs, despite having enough left in the tank. It's amazing how unwilling teams can be when it comes to signing guys over 30.

Old
05-10-2013, 09:27 PM
Kimahri

Send a message via AIM to Kimahri
Quote:
I'll never understand football personnel decisions. Dansby is a 16 game starter, does his job well. He even lead the team in tackles. So what is his reward? He gets cut, and is forced to take a one year deal with a team. Urlacher, Freeney, and Abraham can't find jobs, despite having enough left in the tank. It's amazing how unwilling teams can be when it comes to signing guys over 30.
I don't like how contracts are just terminated all the time. Apparently contract doesn't mean contract in the NFL.

Old
05-21-2013, 09:00 PM
XX
Lots of Try

Suns get the fifth pick in the draft. Can't even tank right.

Old
05-21-2013, 09:25 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
The Tank thanks you

Quote:
No team in this town can tank right, it's incredibly frustrating.

Old
05-21-2013, 10:15 PM
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey

Quote:
Fortunately for the Suns this looks like one of the weakest drafts in a while for top tier picks separating themselves from the pack.

Old
05-21-2013, 10:29 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

If next years class is much better; then next season could be gold with the team getting another chance at tanking and the Lakers going downhill.

Note: The Suns hold the Lakers next 2 1st round picks in the Nash trade.

Old
05-21-2013, 10:39 PM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouser View Post
Fortunately for the Suns this looks like one of the weakest drafts in a while for top tier picks separating themselves from the pack.
They are still at n + 1 by my count. I've got Noel, Porter, McLemore, Oladipo, and Burke as my top 5. Burke is a small, not really athletic PG. Suns don't really need him with Dragic. They need one of the other four. Problem is, they all are looking like they will be picked in the top 4. At 5 it may be Burke or a bunch of guys with question marks. Bah.

If they are hopeless for another year, they may have a shot at Wiggins.

Quote:
Quote:

Note: The Suns hold the Lakers next 2 1st round picks in the Nash trade.
Why? I thought they had a chance at getting an extra one this year if the Lakers missed the playoffs and that was it.

Old
05-22-2013, 05:53 AM
OOEEL

ESPN's NBA draft expert Chad Ford has them grabbing Oladipo at 5th.

1. Cle-Noel
2. Orl-Burke
3. Was-Porter
4. Cha-McLemore
5. Phx-Oladipo

For whatever its worth, of course

Old
05-28-2013, 12:30 AM
Naurutger
Free Max!

vCash: 1025
Double sweep at Chase!

Old
05-28-2013, 07:45 AM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
Double sweep at Chase!
So are the D'Backs good because they traded Upton, or despite it? I see a lot of backhanded compliments towards their record at the moment. A lot of "What if?" scenarios where Upton had stayed.

Old
05-28-2013, 09:32 AM
Naurutger
Free Max!

Quote:
So are the D'Backs good because they traded Upton, or despite it? I see a lot of backhanded compliments towards their record at the moment. A lot of "What if?" scenarios where Upton had stayed.
Well I am not sure. The Didi trade is paying off the most now and Parra wouldn't be getting as much time. But people forget that the fans got sick of Uptons antics last year. All those slammed helmets, strikeouts, and dropped balls in the out field created a lot of boos last year so a change was needed. At least Prado is starting to hit now.

Old
05-28-2013, 04:30 PM
SniperHF
Global Moderator
The Tank thanks you

Quote:
While no one really knows what Upton would have done had he not been shipped out, I'm 100% of the mind that we'd have something of a 5 game lead on the division right now. The fans had always been hard on Upton, but that didn't stop him from being 4th in MVP voting. Last season he was hurt and ownership was publicly trashing him. Upton being moved had everything to do with Kevin Towers and Ken Kendrick and not Upton's play.

As naurutger said about the Gregorious - Bauer deal. That's looking like a stroke of genius right now. Though still way too early, as I don't think anyone expects he'll keep hitting this well. Even if his numbers drop off a bit though it's still probably going to work out.

Also the starting pitching has been really good, it will probably fall back to earth a bit at some point.

Old
05-28-2013, 05:47 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

What are the tv ratings for the DBacks now? I just saw some harping on the BoH Board about baseball tv ratings going down more and more despite a new tv deal in place.

Old
05-28-2013, 05:52 PM
Naurutger
Free Max!

Quote:
What are the tv ratings for the DBacks now? I just saw some harping on the BoH Board about baseball tv ratings going down more and more despite a new tv deal in place.
Looks like they held a 4.2 on FSNAZ last year and appear to be hitting that range again this year (about 75,000 households a game).

http://venomstrikes.com/2012/05/04/d...or-fox-sports/

http://www.foxsportsarizona.com/mlb/...blockID=897385

They hit 5.1 a few times in 2011 but I think more people are able to go this year and they are averaging 2,000 more fans now than their playoff year.

Old
05-30-2013, 09:45 PM
ck26
Free Raptor Reagan

vCash: 297
The DBacks/Rangers sweep on Monday was a kick in the groin, but I liked the stadium a lot. Parked semi-legally a few blocks away downtown for free and was pleased with the prices and how nice the stadium was. $2 options at the concession stands and free game programs were both great. The legends race between innings was a riot ... giant Matt Williams, giant Mark Grace and mini-Randy Johnson. If one of Westgate / Mill Ave / Scottsdale were closer to downtown, I would be at the BoB most weekends.

Old
05-31-2013, 05:09 AM
TheMurdocktor
102, Row K, Seat 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck26 View Post
The DBacks/Rangers sweep on Monday was a kick in the groin, but I liked the stadium a lot. Parked semi-legally a few blocks away downtown for free and was pleased with the prices and how nice the stadium was. $2 options at the concession stands and free game programs were both great. The legends race between innings was a riot ... giant Matt Williams, giant Mark Grace and mini-Randy Johnson. If one of Westgate / Mill Ave / Scottsdale were closer to downtown, I would be at the BoB most weekends.
FYI, Mark Grace has never won the Legends Race. And will probably never win it.

It started as a jab that turned into a running joke but now that Gracie is in Sheriff Joe's slammer, he stands literally no chance.

Old
06-01-2013, 12:53 AM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Quote:
Looks like they held a 4.2 on FSNAZ last year and appear to be hitting that range again this year (about 75,000 households a game).

http://venomstrikes.com/2012/05/04/d...or-fox-sports/

http://www.foxsportsarizona.com/mlb/...blockID=897385

They hit 5.1 a few times in 2011 but I think more people are able to go this year and they are averaging 2,000 more fans now than their playoff year.
Thanks and it looks like MLB's ratings are better from a regional standpoint than a national standpoint.

Old
06-05-2013, 01:11 AM
Naurutger
Free Max!

Dbacks overcome a blown call that led to a critical run to win in the 14th. Pure fun. Of course it was a 5 hour game.

Old
06-05-2013, 05:30 AM
TheMurdocktor
102, Row K, Seat 4

Quote:
Dbacks overcome a blown call that led to a critical run to win in the 14th. Pure fun. Of course it was a 5 hour game.
Jeez, that ump was a jagoff. I can live with the blown call considering the circumstances of us winning and the fact that blown calls are part of the game (even though this one was just terrible).

I'm more pissed off about the jackass constantly throwing chewed up pieces of gum onto the field every inning or half inning or whatever it was. That's just plain disrespectful to the grounds crew and creates a situation should a fielder need to make a play in that area.

Guy is a disgrace.

Old
06-05-2013, 06:00 AM
CC96
Serious Offender

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMurdocktor View Post
Jeez, that ump was a jagoff. I can live with the blown call considering the circumstances of us winning and the fact that blown calls are part of the game (even though this one was just terrible).

I'm more pissed off about the jackass constantly throwing chewed up pieces of gum onto the field every inning or half inning or whatever it was. That's just plain disrespectful to the grounds crew and creates a situation should a fielder need to make a play in that area.

Guy is a disgrace.
Martin Prado didn't seem to pleased with that ump either. The ump was actually a minor league fill-in.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...k_ari&c_id=ari

Old
06-05-2013, 09:53 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
As a Dolphins fan, I totally understand why they cut Dansby. We replaced him with equal if not better talent for less. I can't argue with that decision.

Closed Thread