HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bruins @ Rangers: Game ThrLOLee

Old
05-21-2013, 10:15 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

vCash: 500
Tortorella has to go. This team is far too talented to be the offensive black hole that it is.

Also, Richards should be bought out. He is no longer a top 6 player.

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
InHenrikWeTrust

Words can't describe the frustration. 1 goal?? 1 ****ing goal?? Hank needs to tear some *******s in that locker room cause if I were him I'd be infuriated. Call me a pessimist but we can't be delusional and think we can get any where with our style of play (power play,offense, defense). torts needs to hit the ****ing road. I hate him so much

InHenrikWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TankLarkin

Start over, Sather. Start with yourself.

TankLarkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
trilobyte

Well, that's how it goes. This one truly is over.

If they went out on a loss busting their nut to win, it would have been disappointing.

Tonight was weird. I saw nothing from the team at all, outside of the net.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NYRangers1388

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
I'm seriously not even mad.

This is a Bruins team that SHOULD beat us. This Rangers team is not that far along. They're barely put together. I want us to put up more of a fight, but I'm not surprised.

Don't underrate the makeup of that Boston team. If they lost the series to us, it would be embarrassing
Agree...have very little emotion left w this roster.....just very apathetic towards them, just like they are towards playing hockey.

NYRangers1388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
They played like absolute garbage.

I'm just pissed that, with all the great players on Boston, THAT was their winning goal. That was the ****ing deal breaker.

It's this ******* franchise in a microcosm.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Drewbackatu*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Aces View Post
Completely out coached.
Cut the ridiculous ******** out already because the Bruins are so much bigger, physical, deeper and better than the Rangers it's laughable. Stop blaming Torts for a ****ed up roster put together by Sather who has been trying unsuccessfully to build a team around Lundqvist for 8 freakin years now!
We are the perfect foils for the Bruins to run roughshod over!

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fataldogg

I posted this in the series thread and I'll post the same thing here because it's how I feel..

Congratulations Boston. That just about sums up the series.

Tortorella was out coached in every respect. He had his team down 2-0, in an elimination game, provide no effort.

The Bruins got one of the most fortuitous bounces I have ever seen to score that goal, but they DESERVED it. This game was Lundqvist vs the Bruins.

Lundqvist played a soft game two, but he gave the Rangers a chance, and Tortorella had the team play turtle defense with a 1-0 lead for the entire second half of the game.

Tortorella is the reason this team lost tonight. Julien has out coached him in every respect. This team won't win with this coach at the helm of the ship.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
chosen

In their 10 games, this was the first time I thought the other team was much better the whole game.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
I'm seriously not even mad.

This is a Bruins team that SHOULD beat us. This Rangers team is not that far along. They're barely put together. I want us to put up more of a fight, but I'm not surprised.

Don't underrate the makeup of that Boston team. If they lost the series to us, it would be embarrassing
Blew up last year's ECF team for this.

Sather should be done, and if Torts has to go for the offense and power play to be even SLIGHTLY below average, so be it.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
DudMan28

Torts out coached all night. Boyle's line owned to start the game against Bergeron. Boyles line owned agains by Bergeron to start the 2nd period. So what do we do to start the most important period of the season? We start the Boyle line against the Bergeron line. And they get owned. Torts in a nut shell. Not so easy to beat a team when you have to do more than shut down Alex Ovechkin. This team is slow. They're mentally weak. They never show any guts. Game 4 is a going to be a laugher.

Buy-out Richards. Fire Torts. Trade DZ at the draft for a pick. Let Clowe go. Let the kids play next year. See what happens.

DudMan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 10:16 PM
NYRamonte10

Rangers needed to make adjustments after the first period. It was clear then that the Bruins were breaking out with speed, quite easily. The Rangers however could barely even string together more than one pass. I'm not generally a frustrated fan, but when you watch the same errors occur throughout the game, like a broken freaking record, you look at your coach to make a change...

NYRamonte10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Affinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjc5103 View Post
well it's either a miracle or next year boys :/
Does anyone really see this team and coach getting their **** together and winning 4 in a row?

Affinity is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
M0rbid

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingshotVv View Post
Sweep incoming. Our offense is pathetic
Torts team is known to tease us. They'll win the next game and lose game 5. He has a fetish of keeping the game close.

M0rbid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
Boston is a better, deeper team. They deserve to be up 3-0.

Outplayed, outcoached. It's ugly. Retool in the offseason for another go at it. Without Torts and some other dead weight.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SixGoalieSystem
HFBoards Sponsor

That was one of the worst coached hockey games I have ever seen. Unfathomable.

SixGoalieSystem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 10:17 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Meh.

Not that mad to be honest.

Didn't expect a cup this year. Especially with all the turnover and Tortorella still occupying our bench.

Get this team a new coach, try to add a top-6 forward, DO NOT TURNOVER THE ROSTER, and let the team develop. I think that really is a problem, look at teams like LA and Boston. They are cohesive teams that play the system to a tee. This team is just a jumbled mess, these players LOOK like they're barely played together, or they've barely played the system Tortorella has in place.

We have a good core. They need to add the right complimentary pieces.

DudMan28

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Blew up last year's ECF team for this.

Sather should be done, and if Torts has to go for the offense and power play to be even SLIGHTLY below average, so be it.
We had a pretty easy road to the ECF last year. If we played any of the teams in the top 5 last year (Except the Flyers), it would've looked a lot like this year.

DudMan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
dmjt4160

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
Losing to a better, deeper team.
This. I don't buy the they don't care nonsense. Thats typically just crap people spew to make up for the fact that their team isn't as good as they want them to be or thought they were.

Its getting real tiring just watching this team flat out not generate offense. We flat out do not generate enough quality scoring chances throughout the course of the game. We do not find open ice or open the ice up for teammates. Its boards boards boards which is no doubt crucial to any hockey game especially the playoffs but it can't be everything.

dmjt4160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Water1

1 goal does not cut it
4% power play does not cut it
Getting out coached out hit and out smarted.
How do you come out in a game with just about all the marbles riding on it and play like that.
Lousy coaching
1 cup in 73 years

Water1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kershaw

THE COMEBACK

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixGoalieSystem View Post
That was one of the worst coached hockey games I have ever seen. Unfathomable.
How many times are we going to hear something like that while Torts is still employed here?

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Glen Sathers Cigar
Sather = Evil Genius

Take a lead into the third, allow the other team's 4th line to score TWO goals in the third period to win the game. WTF! I'm usually positive as **** but this is a joke. HOW ABOUT SOME ****ING URGENCY???? 30 seconds left and Nash and Boyle are skating like it's ****ing warmups instead of busting their god damn ***** to the ****ing puck.

I'm so ****ing mad.

Glen Sathers Cigar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dactyl
💙NASH💙

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRfan68 View Post
Tortorella has to go. This team is far too talented to be the offensive black hole that it is.

Also, Richards should be bought out. He is no longer a top 6 player.
its ****ing embarrassing how bad they are at offense. that has to be a coaching problem.

where the hell have you been? richards is no longer a bottom 6 player

Dactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 10:18 PM
Synergy27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
I posted this in the series thread and I'll post the same thing here because it's how I feel..

Congratulations Boston. That just about sums up the series.

Tortorella was out coached in every respect. He had his team down 2-0, in an elimination game, provide no effort.

The Bruins got one of the most fortuitous bounces I have ever seen to score that goal, but they DESERVED it. This game was Lundqvist vs the Bruins.

Lundqvist played a soft game two, but he gave the Rangers a chance, and Tortorella had the team play turtle defense with a 1-0 lead for the entire second half of the game.

Tortorella is the reason this team lost tonight. Julien has out coached him in every respect. This team won't win with this coach at the helm of the ship.
Not that this counters the general idea of your thread, but what I saw is the Rangers getting a bounce that basically defies physics. Talk about fortuitous, for the Rangers, yeah.

Embarrassing effort. Hard to take after getting excited about this team again after Game 7 against the Caps.

Synergy27 is offline   Reply With Quote