HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bruins @ Rangers: Game ThrLOLee

Old
05-21-2013, 10:07 PM
17futurecap

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
ideally, yes, but you also have to think about the caliber of player that Staal could garner.

I'd be up for a Staal/Kesler swap. Don't know if Vancouver would, probably not. Dat center depth, though...
Unless he would sign an extension right away, you have to think no GM would trade a key piece for Staal outside of Carolina.

17futurecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 10:07 PM
Fataldogg

Hm, didn't realize Lundqvist's shoulder was an issue.

They showed him doing shoulder circles, trying to stretch it out, and wincing in pain during the tv timeouts. Not a good sign.

Honestly, this series is over. Get an MRI, if surgery is required, do it ASAP and have him ready for next season

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 10:08 PM
NHRangerfan
enfoonts

Find it pretty funny how many posters in this thread now talking about how the Bruins are a better team...not a lot of people were saying that before Game 1

NHRangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JeffMangum
#corgi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
My eyes!
Yo, that would be AMAZING. Kesler is an incredible player, he would mesh so well with Callahan and Hagelin.

Gives us three scoring lines. Brassard would run rampant on other teams playing sheltered minutes behind Stepan and Kesler.

HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Sorry Hank. Very sorry.*

Embarrassed doesn't begin to describe this attempt at an effort.

Watch Del Zotto's shift on the GW and tell me you are comfortable with him as a top 4 d. Caught BEHIND the net on the WRONG SIDE of the ice. Trade Staal. Sure. Brilliant.

Bruins. Pens. Hawks. Kings. Wings. That is what contenders look like. All have 10x the skill and 10x the grit.

Lgr. I'll be watching, remote in hand as I always am. But not a good night.

SnowblindNYR

Quote:
The Leafs are a very good hockey team, quite frankly. They're built to beat the Bruins more so than we are.
They've gotten dominated by the Bruins in the regular season in the last 2 years. Even as someone that thinks shots on goal and save % is overrated, I can't take a team that was outshot by like 7 shots on average in the regular season (maybe 6) seriously as a "very good team".

Last edited by SnowblindNYR: 05-21-2013 at 10:14 PM.
SnowblindNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
GFiP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
“@NYDNRangers: Lundqvist was asked what he saw on the second goal: “That was the problem. I didn’t see it.””
He looked right at it when it fell. He just thought it went in already instead of continuing to play.

GFiP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Yo, that would be AMAZING. Kesler is an incredible player, he would mesh so well with Callahan and Hagelin.

Gives us three scoring lines. Brassard would run rampant on other teams playing sheltered minutes behind Stepan and Kesler.
In theory.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 10:09 PM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

I would hate to give up on MDZ...Staal if healthy is going nowhere...If injured worse than we know we are screwed...Girardi I dont think can fetch us a 25/30 goal guy...

Quote:
One of Staal/DZ/Girardi needs to be traded for a scoring forward. Not even a big-name player like Nash, just a solid, 25-30 goal shooter, preferably right handed.

surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JeffMangum
#corgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
They've gotten dominated by the Bruins in the regular season by the Bruins in the last 2 years. Even as someone that thinks shots on goal and save % is overrated, I can't take a team that was outshot by like 7 shots on average in the regular season (maybe 6) seriously as a "very good team".
So? Regular season stats mean nothing in the playoffs, especially considering Toronto added some significant pieces to their roster between 2012 and the start of the season.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Doctor King Schultz
Garian Maborik

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFiP View Post
He looked right at it when it fell. He just thought it went in already instead of continuing to play.
This is what I thought too but I have to see the replay again

Doctor King Schultz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 10:10 PM
JeffMangum
#corgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
I would hate to give up on MDZ...Staal if healthy is going nowhere...If injured worse than we know we are screwed...Girardi I dont think can fetch us a 25/30 goal guy...
I agree with you on DZ. I think he's be a special player under the right circumstances. He's still young, too.

Old
05-21-2013, 10:11 PM
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
our real problem here is that Stepan, Cally and Hagelin should be your THIRD line...not your first line.

Brad Richards and Marian Gaborik really killed our season.
I was just going to say this in response to the Stepan bashing. The fact is he's being asked to do more than he should be at this point of his career. If Richards is playing up to par then Steps slots in on the 2nd line where he belongs. Because Richards is dog ****, we have Step on the first line, and he's not ready for it.

MrEctions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 10:12 PM
Joe11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Glen Seather is an incompetent fool compared to Lou Lamoriello. Lou will probably field more competitive teams than Slats with less leeway with FA like he always has in his tenure as GM.
Sather is an incompetent fool compared to the apes in the Bronx Zoo

Joe11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 10:12 PM
Doctor King Schultz
Garian Maborik

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEctions View Post
I was just going to say this in response to the Stepan bashing. The fact is he's being asked to do more than he should be at this point of his career. If Richards is playing up to par then Steps slots in on the 2nd line where he belongs. Because Richards is dog ****, we have Step on the first line, and he's not ready for it.
This is true. Richards being so bad is such a strain on the make up of this team.

Old
05-21-2013, 10:13 PM
JeffMangum
#corgi

Quote:
our real problem here is that Stepan, Cally and Hagelin should be your THIRD line...not your first line.

No way. That's a second line on nearly every team in the league.

Look at Pittsburgh's and Chicago's third lines:

Stalberg-Shaw-Bickell
Morrow-Sutter-Kennedy

Hagelin-Stepan-Callahan is eons better than either of those lines.

Old
dethomas07

Quote:

your funny... you must be the same dr. jekyll and mr hyde who wanted to trade stepan for a bag a pucks the first week of the season... this is the stupidity that bothers me on here.. its one thing to give your points and opinions, but to declare losses based on the lines players are playing on are a joke.. stepan is a stud.. and is fine.. hes clearly 1c/2c at worst in this league and im not even basing it off this yr.. hes very consistent, is 22yrs old and will figure it out with time..

you want to pick on someone pick on torts and richards...

12m richards is getting paid and played 1-2 shifts in the 3rd period.. thats not ok when hes expected to be your go to, mr clutch, being a leader and stepping up in all aspects of the game.. hes the issue.. not stepan hags and cally when they sustained the best pressure in this series...

dethomas07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Killem Dafoe
waf fi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Yeah and he's given us ample opportunity. It's not getting any better. Times up.
I'm not disagreeing with you there. Well, I mean maybe a little because I love the guy and don't want him to leave but I think no matter what happens this year, next year we'll be better.

#stayingpositive

Killem Dafoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Kwayry

Score was 2-1, the offense was absent in a must win game and you guys want to trade Dmen, makes perfect sense.

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 10:14 PM
17futurecap

Quote:
Jim Cerny ‏@JimCerny 2m

doubt it, did not speak to press RT @lrbweitzel: @JimCerny hi friend! I'm assuming Richards was not so happy with himself either
The guy with the letter on his chest doesn't come out and speak for the team, media probably didn't have many questions for the 4th line center anyways.

17futurecap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 10:14 PM
Doctor King Schultz
Garian Maborik

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFiP View Post

It seems like he looks right at it

Old
05-21-2013, 10:15 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

Gretzky post game comments:

"I got a call from Glen in the middle of the 3rd. He asked me if I'd be interested in joining the Rangers to solve their power play."

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 10:15 PM
JeffMangum
#corgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
The guy with the letter on his chest doesn't come out and speak for the team, media probably didn't have many questions for the 4th line center anyways.
**** him.

I generally don't condone mindlessly bashing/calling players names, but it's Brad ****ing Richards. Guy has been a disgrace this season. "Oh, boo hoo, poor me". Sack up, bro.

Old
05-21-2013, 10:16 PM
JeffMangum
#corgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
Score was 2-1, the offense was absent in a must win game and you guys want to trade Dmen, makes perfect sense.
What else are they trading to fix the offense?

Air?

The Rangers have a surplus of defenseman. They can afford to move one of them out to improve the offense.

Old
05-21-2013, 10:16 PM
OverTheCap

The Bruins speed and size, in addition to their strong play along the boards, are really too much for the Rangers to overcome.

Last year's team was flawed and largely overachieved, but I don't think they would let themselves get pushed around by the Bruins like the current squad has. Pyatt was really the only player tonight that looked capable of winning a board battle. The second any Bruins player touches one of our guys, they immediately give up the puck. Can't win games that way.

OverTheCap is online now   Reply With Quote