HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL Discussion

Closed Thread

Old
05-20-2013, 11:52 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
I'm kind of bummed that Redden and Colaiacovo are still playing and the rest of the Blues are playing golf.

Old
05-21-2013, 04:07 AM
BlueDream

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
I'm kind of bummed that Redden and Colaiacovo are still playing and the rest of the Blues are playing golf.
It's not like they have an impact on why their teams are still playing.

Old
05-21-2013, 10:16 PM
pricer502

vCash: 250
Joe Thornton is playing like a man on a mission. Can't believe some of you wouldn't want him on the blues. He's the exact type of player we need. I think he's the type of player that can be effective until he's almost 40.

Old
05-22-2013, 03:26 AM
BlueDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricer502 View Post
Joe Thornton is playing like a man on a mission. Can't believe some of you wouldn't want him on the blues. He's the exact type of player we need. I think he's the type of player that can be effective until he's almost 40.
Exactly this. He's a beast, and nowhere near the playoff choker people act like he is.

Take a look at his career playoff numbers and try telling me they aren't great.

Old
05-22-2013, 03:41 AM
illninofan*
Jimmies = Unrustled

Strangely enough, I wouldn't mind it if the Sharks somehow won the cup.

Old
05-22-2013, 08:50 AM
pricer502

I kinda want the Sharks to lose just so they consider selling off Thornton/Pavelski and the Blues would have an outside shot to land one. But if they make a deep run they will probably keep the group together. I honestly can't think of a better player for the Blues than Thronton. Hes big and strong on the puck and one of if not the best passer in the game, especially finding people in front of the net. Would love to see him on a line with one of our power forwards Stewart/Backes.

Old
05-22-2013, 10:30 AM
BlueDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by illninofan View Post
I don't want to see that at all. They are not even that good at all. Seeing that would be a huge punch in the gut considering we would mop the floor with them in a series.

Old
05-22-2013, 10:57 AM
illninofan*
Jimmies = Unrustled

Quote:
I kinda want the Sharks to lose just so they consider selling off Thornton/Pavelski and the Blues would have an outside shot to land one. But if they make a deep run they will probably keep the group together. I honestly can't think of a better player for the Blues than Thronton. Hes big and strong on the puck and one of if not the best passer in the game, especially finding people in front of the net. Would love to see him on a line with one of our power forwards Stewart/Backes.
I guess you're counting on Lehtera to be the second line center then?

Old
05-22-2013, 11:02 AM
BlueDream

Quote:
I guess you're counting on Lehtera to be the second line center then?
When did he say that?

Old
05-22-2013, 11:05 AM
illninofan*
Jimmies = Unrustled

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
When did he say that?
Thought it was implied since both Backes and Thornton are both centers.

If they're on the same line, then that means one of them moves to wing, thus, someone steps in for Backes.

EDIT: Also, there's been a lot of talk of Berglund moving down to 3rd line center, which I agree with.

Old
05-22-2013, 11:10 AM
Vladys Gumption

Quote:
I found myself saying the same thing last night. Of the four teams left in the west I hate them the least. I'm especially rooting for them to beat the Kings.

Old
05-22-2013, 09:00 PM
illninofan*
Jimmies = Unrustled

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
I found myself saying the same thing last night. Of the four teams left in the west I hate them the least. I'm especially rooting for them to beat the Kings.
My hate for the Hawks and Wings goes a lot further than my hate for the Sharks.

Plus, I'm not going to lie, I'm still pretty bitter about the Kings series.

I know that it would be a punch in the gut if the Sharks win the cup, and that's one way of looking at it, but another way is that they had the luck of the draw in terms of playoff matchups. Can't really hate on them for that.

Plus, it's hard to hate on teams that we're just better than. It's like a Cards fan hating on a Cubs fan.

Last edited by illninofan*: 05-22-2013 at 09:10 PM.
Old
05-22-2013, 09:38 PM
Bluesman91

vCash: 2357
I would rather the Sharks win than any of the other teams in the West. And Joe Thornton is seriously the missing piece this team could use. As dirty as he is, he is still an unbelievable hockey player.

Old
05-22-2013, 10:54 PM
underslept

Quote:
Thornton would fit well on the Blues. You can't count on him to show up night in and night out, but boy does it look good when he puts a few of them together and you get a glimpse of what could be.

Reality is, Thornton comes and goes with his play and the Blues have too much of that already.

Old
05-23-2013, 11:35 AM
BlueDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by underslept View Post
Thornton would fit well on the Blues. You can't count on him to show up night in and night out, but boy does it look good when he puts a few of them together and you get a glimpse of what could be.

Reality is, Thornton comes and goes with his play and the Blues have too much of that already.
Thornton is more consistent than any player on this roster by far. He doesn't really come and go.

I swear people on this site won't be satisfied unless we get a player that puts up 2 points a game. Even though that doesn't exist it won't stop people from screaming for it.

Old
05-23-2013, 09:29 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

vCash: 50
Wings found another great Swede with Nyquist. I can't believe that kid played so much in the AHL post lockout. There's definitely value in allowing the young kids to get experience in the minors.

Old
05-23-2013, 09:33 PM
Bluesman91

vCash: 2357
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
Wings found another great Swede with Nyquist. I can't believe that kid played so much in the AHL post lockout. There's definitely value in allowing the young kids to get experience in the minors.
No, Babcock was just an idiot for not bringing/keeping him up sooner this year. I also want to say that Danny DeKeyser has looked great on that team. The way he plays reminds me of Petro's style of play.

Old
05-23-2013, 09:58 PM
BlueDream

Lol at Chicago.

Old
05-23-2013, 10:10 PM
pricer502

Why does everyone think San Jose is such a joke? They finished right behind us in points. Is it because we have had their number the last couple years? Everyone acts like they are the easiest draw in the west but they made quick work of Vancouver and look pretty damn good against LA. They are far more skilled than the blues and have better goaltending. Not sure when people will realize that matchups don't mean **** in the NHL playoffs. It's what makes our playoffs so great and the Stanley cup the hardest trophy in sports to win. Just look at the wings/hawks series. I'm so ****in sick of hearing how we would have rolled the sharks in 5 games that's BS. We were the better team in the kings series and just couldn't close it out. But please god quit acting like we got jipped bc we had to play LA. It's all about who is hot and who has the heart/guts to close a series out. We obviously didn't have either.
P.S The sharks moving burns to forward was a game changer. He's a beast on the puck, he so big and hard to knock of the puck not to mention its literally like having 3 dman on the ice. Since the sharks Made that move they have looked dangerous. He's is about a point per game player.

Old
05-24-2013, 12:30 AM
BlueDream

Quote:
Why does everyone think San Jose is such a joke? They finished right behind us in points. Is it because we have had their number the last couple years? Everyone acts like they are the easiest draw in the west but they made quick work of Vancouver and look pretty damn good against LA. They are far more skilled than the blues and have better goaltending. Not sure when people will realize that matchups don't mean **** in the NHL playoffs. It's what makes our playoffs so great and the Stanley cup the hardest trophy in sports to win. Just look at the wings/hawks series. I'm so ****in sick of hearing how we would have rolled the sharks in 5 games that's BS. We were the better team in the kings series and just couldn't close it out. But please god quit acting like we got jipped bc we had to play LA. It's all about who is hot and who has the heart/guts to close a series out. We obviously didn't have either.
P.S The sharks moving burns to forward was a game changer. He's a beast on the puck, he so big and hard to knock of the puck not to mention its literally like having 3 dman on the ice. Since the sharks Made that move they have looked dangerous. He's is about a point per game player.
Lol far more skilled than the Blues? Why because they have one and a half solid lines? Thornton, Pavelski, Marleau, Couture. Name another dangerous offensive player they have. You can't, because they have zero depth. Oh yeah they had to convert one of their best defenseman to forward (Burns) since their depth was so ****ing bad.

The Sharks are fairly slow and not young. They aren't physical. Their defense is solid but nothing to write home about. Niemi is pretty good but the Blues matchup extremely well against them and would have no problem with them in the playoffs. They are not a dangerous team anymore, everyone knows their window is closing.

Vancouver has problems and has lost in the first round the past 2 years. The Sharks always match up well against LA but like us, they won't be able to solve Quick. Not sure what else is so impressive about them. They aren't horrible, but they just aren't that good and not a cup contender. It's not wrong to think the Blues are better, because they are.

Old
05-24-2013, 01:46 AM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Dammit I'm certain we'd have beaten the Sharks and Detroit. We'd have been headed to the Cup Finals in very solid likelihood many would have to agree. Up 2-0 not being able to close that out better not haunt this team. I don't think it will, but I'm also not ruling it out. This is the St. Louis Blues. You look back on so many missed chances to go somewhere in the playoffs. Then you notice the time gap in years before there's another real opening.

Old
05-24-2013, 03:05 AM
BlueDream

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Dammit I'm certain we'd have beaten the Sharks and Detroit. We'd have been headed to the Cup Finals in very solid likelihood many would have to agree. Up 2-0 not being able to close that out better not haunt this team. I don't think it will, but I'm also not ruling it out. This is the St. Louis Blues. You look back on so many missed chances to go somewhere in the playoffs. Then you notice the time gap in years before there's another real opening.
The curse continue to lives on with this team my brother.

Old
05-24-2013, 05:38 AM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
The curse continue to lives on with this team my brother.
Sad but true.

Old
05-24-2013, 02:15 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
I feel like I should hate Chicago and Detroit more, but the fact of the matter is that I really want to see LAK lose. I respect Detroit for overachieving this year, and pulling it together in the post-season. I hate Chicago as a rival, but for the most part I really respect their players.

But LAK I just actively dislike, similar to Vancouver. I hope the Sharks fans get a chance to enjoy a SCF this year. I think this is the end of their window regardless.

Old
05-24-2013, 03:55 PM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
I feel like I should hate Chicago and Detroit more, but the fact of the matter is that I really want to see LAK lose. I respect Detroit for overachieving this year, and pulling it together in the post-season. I hate Chicago as a rival, but for the most part I really respect their players.

But LAK I just actively dislike, similar to Vancouver. I hope the Sharks fans get a chance to enjoy a SCF this year. I think this is the end of their window regardless.
they are all unlikeable. I just dislike Detroit like no other team in this world. that said, I don't really care who gets the cup this year because I can't cheer for any team still in.
maybe LA against Boston would be a nice final but I guess its Det vs Pit once again (because its the final-matchup I would dislike most)

Closed Thread