HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

What do we do if we lose?

View Poll Results: What do we do if we lose?
Acquire more physical talent (that can play, like Ott, not 4th liners) 17 25.00%
Acquire a legit 2C 22 32.35%
Acquire an additional 1st pairing D 2 2.94%
Fire Q 28 41.18%
Fire Bowman 8 11.76%
Do little to nothing, come back with the same team/management 19 27.94%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-21-2013, 04:50 PM
Tone King
Atomic Punk

vCash: 50
All I am saying is.....where are all these Bolland fans telling us he is going to show up in the PO, always does etc and burning me at the stake for saying he is overpaid and needs to be shipped out? All I can say is you guys can suck it. Unfortunately, I and all Bolland realists have been correct so far. The Bollie fan boys have been awfully quiet.

In the off season...he gets traded. Maybe he gets bought out....who knows. Gross overpayment for his play.

Tone King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 05:07 PM
zac

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nose View Post
From a Wings fan's perspective I'd fire Q and whoever runs your PP then try to ship Seabrook for a #2 C (I'm sure he still has very good value). That being said this series is far from over and I still expect the Hawks to come out on top.
I don't think there are any teams dumb enough out there to give us a #2 centerman for that piece of trash. As bad as his regular season was he's been infinitely worse in the playoffs...and that's a tough feat to accomplish. His poor shot accuracy, lack of physicality in front of his own net, sloth-like reaction time, and a noticeable lack of effort and emotion are tough things to sell.

At times he was our best defensman last year, though that was largely the result of everyone else playing poorly. He really hasn't been top pairing worthy since the first half of our cup season. He's played like ******* for most of the past 3.5 seasons. I can only hope someone out there is dumb enough to give us SOMETHING of value.

Then again, if we could get rid of Cam Barker, let alone get Nick Leddy for him, there likely is a dumb, desperate GM willing to give us something of value.

zac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 05:22 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post
All I am saying is.....where are all these Bolland fans telling us he is going to show up in the PO, always does etc and burning me at the stake for saying he is overpaid and needs to be shipped out? All I can say is you guys can suck it. Unfortunately, I and all Bolland realists have been correct so far. The Bollie fan boys have been awfully quiet.

In the off season...he gets traded. Maybe he gets bought out....who knows. Gross overpayment for his play.
It's not worth it to buy him out because he only has 1 year left on his contract.

You are very correct that he needs to go. His brilliant play in the playoffs has always been exaggerated. Last year he had 0 g and 3 a in 6 games and really wasn't effective.

I have said frequently he should be packaged with our 1st to move up in the draft.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 05:26 PM
SLarmer28

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
It's not worth it to buy him out because he only has 1 year left on his contract.

You are very correct that he needs to go. His brilliant play in the playoffs has always been exaggerated. Last year he had 0 g and 3 a in 6 games and really wasn't effective.

I have said frequently he should be packaged with our 1st to move up in the draft.
Trade Dave Bolland to the Florida Panthers for Shawn Matthias. Heck, the Blackhawks burned Dale Tallon once before in the Jack Skille trade.

SLarmer28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 05:34 PM
CertainAffinity*

Quenville must be fired.

This series has put him in stark relief against a coach that knows what he's doing beyond random line blending.

CertainAffinity* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 05:38 PM
SLarmer28

Quote:
Originally Posted by CertainAffinity View Post
Quenville must be fired.

This series has put him in stark relief against a coach that knows what he's doing beyond random line blending.
I'd fire Kompon first, since the powerplay is god awful.

SLarmer28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 06:19 PM
Pez68
Fire Quenneville

If they lose, the entire coaching staff needs to go.

Pez68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 06:20 PM
CertainAffinity*

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanny View Post

Agreed. He's a rapidly depreciating spare part from a championship team. I can only imagine powerful nostalgia is the motivator for his defenders, cause I can't imagine a single other reason somebody would go to bat for him given his output.

CertainAffinity* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 06:43 PM
KneelBeforeSaad

Something that should have been done after last season. Fire Kitchen and get the powerplay fixed. Anytime we're not scoring 5 on 5 like we've struggled to do in the last two games, we're going to win with a horrendous powerplay and an average goalie.

This should be done whether we win this series or not.

KneelBeforeSaad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 06:46 PM
SchruteFarms
Cup #5!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Now that I think of it firing Q could solve the #2 C issue

New coach likely more receptive to moving Sharp back

Saad-Toews-Kane
Morin-Sharp-Hossa
Has there ever been a good reason given why Sharp was moved to wing when it's clear to everyone that they need someone like him at center? He's just as good a center as Filppula IMO.

SchruteFarms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 06:53 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
I'd like to sign Filppula, good 2C, good on draws.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 07:19 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLarmer28 View Post
I'd fire Kompon first, since the powerplay is god awful.
Only reason Kompon is even in Chicago is cause Q wanted him here

So the Kompon mistake is 100% on Q

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 08:10 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I'd like to sign Filppula, good 2C, good on draws.
So good that he isn't even playing C right now.

He is not what we need imo. Another perimeter soft player.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 08:52 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KneelBeforeSaad View Post
Something that should have been done after last season. Fire Kitchen and get the powerplay fixed. Anytime we're not scoring 5 on 5 like we've struggled to do in the last two games, we're going to win with a horrendous powerplay and an average goalie.

This should be done whether we win this series or not.
Kitchen no longer coaches the power play...that's Kompon...who should be fired.

UsernameWasTaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:12 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Trading a core piece worked well in Chicago history

Oakley to Knicks was outrageous at time ,,, But Cartwright turned out to be key part of 3 championships
Cause the Hawks are going to get the next Jordan..

HawksFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:39 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Mongusbig View Post
What is this 3 of 5 nonsense?!? It's a 7 game series, and 3 have been played already. The Hawks need to win 3 of 4 now.
Just a typo, settle. Scratching my head at that, too, especially as I think I said that elsewhere, too.

No Fun Shogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:59 PM
zytz
lumberjack

I voted do little to nothing - the talent is here, obviously, and I think for the most part coaching can get the job done. I'd be down with axing Kompon... our PP maybe actually be worse than last year, which I though was impossible. I think if Kane wasn't on fire this year it'd be way way way way way way way worse. Q is being out coached right now, so he needs to step it up... between him and Bowman I axe Q first 11/10 times without thinking, and largely I think it IS the players' fault on the PP (our setup isn't great, but the PP unit is stacked)... they need to have more urgency and get on net.

There are things that can be improved, without question... however I don't think it's to the point of any major change needing to occur. We largely have a very good thing here... shouldn't cut off our nose to spiderface.

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 10:02 PM
zytz
lumberjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
I'm completely against trading any of the core. If we did move Seabrook for a 2C though, I'd look at MacKinnon first and foremost.
I think Mac is going to bust... not entirely, he'll make the NHL... but I see him topping out as an average second liner at best.

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 10:29 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post

If Bolland's post-season play has been over exaggerated, then what about Toews? He has 3 goals and 8 points in his last 21 playoff games. Everyone was terrible last year against Phoenix. Singling out Bolland's play, for that series, like any player, is just convenient, cherry-picking of stats to support an argument that Bolland's not as great as he's made out to be in the playoffs. He's been a beast in 3/4 of the previous post-seasons and has been up-and-down through 3 games this year.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 10:31 PM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 10592
Quote:
Originally Posted by zytz View Post
I think Mac is going to bust... not entirely, he'll make the NHL... but I see him topping out as an average second liner at best.
I see him as a 60 PT C at least on this team, PPG in prime, here.

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 10:33 PM
TwistedWrister90

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
If Bolland's post-season play has been over exaggerated, then what about Toews? He has 3 goals and 8 points in his last 21 playoff games. Everyone was terrible last year against Phoenix. Singling out Bolland's play, for that series, like any player, is just convenient, cherry-picking of stats to support an argument that Bolland's not as great as he's made out to be in the playoffs. He's been a beast in 3/4 of the previous post-seasons and has been up-and-down through 3 games this year.
But intangibles bro

TwistedWrister90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 10:42 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nds90 View Post
But intangibles bro
Hey, I love Toews. Don't get me wrong. I have no want to move him or have anything against him.. but when complaining about players not producing, relative to expectations and role, Toews has been a major let-down the past 3 years. In 2011 he was up against Kesler, but that had never stopped him from producing before. Last year, he was coming off a concussion, so you have to give him a pass there.. but this year, there's no excuses. He's going up against great competition, but he always does. He needs to find a way to produce, because if he can't, the Hawks won't win this series. Chicago needs their best players to be their best players. They have depth, their depth has done their share of scoring thus far, they need more from all their stars, but especially Toews.

HockeySensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 10:48 PM
TwistedWrister90

Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Hey, I love Toews. Don't get me wrong. I have no want to move him or have anything against him.. but when complaining about players not producing, relative to expectations and role, Toews has been a major let-down the past 3 years. In 2011 he was up against Kesler, but that had never stopped him from producing before. Last year, he was coming off a concussion, so you have to give him a pass there.. but this year, there's no excuses. He's going up against great competition, but he always does. He needs to find a way to produce, because if he can't, the Hawks won't win this series. Chicago needs their best players to be their best players. They have depth, their depth has done their share of scoring thus far, they need more from all their stars, but especially Toews.
Haha I was being sarcastic. I agree with pretty much everything you said. The entire team needs to step it up, but especially Toews. Babcock and Zetterberg have done a great job shutting him down, but like you said, we need our best players and leader to play like it. Singling out guys like Bolland is a waste of time.

At least Toews had some scoring chances in Game 3 and fought back a little bit. But it still wasn't nearly good enough.

TwistedWrister90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 12:26 AM
LandofLincoln

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan50 View Post
1. Fire Q and his staff.
2. Fire The Bowmams.
3. Trade Seabrook for a 2C while he still has perceived $million+ talemt when WE can see he has regressed to about half of that exalted level...
4. DRAFT a franchise goalie...JARRY or if he is picked before our spot at # 28 on this loser scenario then grab Phillipe Desrosiers because one softie goal at crucial tomes Crawford would obviously ne never the guy to lead us to the Promised Land...making savrs many goalies would not does not cover for lettimg in 35 foot shots umscteemed..never should happem if your goalie has "IT" ..that is,the ability to not give any preventoble goals past his glove or betweem his legs from unscreened long distance shots...
5. McD needs to set new team policy on banning playoff beards and extra facial hair growth...team can no longer recognize themselves or team-mates and so forgets how to play to win...
6. Time to unveil a NEW MASTER PLAN...
7. GIVE TEAM 1 MORE KICK AT THE CUP with this group mi.us Seabrook for a 2c..if that stkll fails under the new coach...THEN blos it all up...Kane to Bufflo...Goews to WPG...build from the goalie WALL and a bigger more physical D concept out...change ffom fancy dan skill.to the BIG PHSICAL SHUT DOWN game of the L.A. style that VAN's GM now says his team must morph to...where is our Lucic?
I like this post. my scenario

1. Fire Q and staff
2. Keep Stan lose Scotty and a few others.... If Stan is gone fine. I just think if they don't win it is not because Stan didn't have a quality team on the ice. So I'm in favor of keeping Stan.
3. I like the idea of trading Seabrook for a legitimate 2C and if we are getting a center they probably will be needing a center. Bolland is gone as well if he can't be put in the Seabrook deal then he goes in another deal.
4. I completely disagree with drafting a franchise goalie. I like the Bowman philosophy on goaltending. You can win with guys like Crawford & Howard. And Crawford and Howard are in the same skill category. They both can steal a game and lose a game on a soft goal. Neither goalie likely to carry a series.
5. I like the beard policy. Ban it. The Yankees have a facial hair policy and it wouldn't be the first time a franchise put together the rule against facial hair.
6. I wouldn't completely blow it up but Seabrook, Bolland, Frolik are out the door.
7. Bickell & Stalberg are back and signed.

Bolland to Minnesota for Cal Clutterbuck and loose change.
Seabrook to Boston for David Krejci

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 12:40 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

Quote:
Only reason Kompon is even in Chicago is cause Q wanted him here

So the Kompon mistake is 100% on Q
Kompon wasn't Qs first choice. It has been widly reported that nobody really wanted to join Q who was/is on the hot seat. Kompon seems to be the best of the rest because he knows Q and Kitchen.

I kind of like Q, but sometimes a need is changed. I'm not saying this change should be made now.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote