HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 8.0

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-21-2013, 09:26 PM
  #251
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 22,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsroom View Post
Why don't you like Rychel? He is what the HABS need?
The Habs really need a forward whose efforts and results are inconsistent to say the least.

MXD is offline  
Old
05-21-2013, 09:26 PM
  #252
Marc the Habs Fan
Moderator
MVP
 
Marc the Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Longueuil
Country: Canada
Posts: 57,070
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
is Morrissey comparable to Trouba? if so than I'd be pretty pumped.
Not really. Trouba is way more physical.

Marc the Habs Fan is online now  
Old
05-21-2013, 09:32 PM
  #253
Marc-E-
Registered User
 
Marc-E-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Montréal, Québec
Posts: 1,497
vCash: 500
At 25th, I'll take Morrissey and run. Would be a huge steal!

Marc-E- is offline  
Old
05-21-2013, 09:33 PM
  #254
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,443
vCash: 500
Would be happy with 3 of:

Curtis Lazar
Adam Erne
Josh Morrissey
Andre Burakowsky
Robert Hagg
Kerby Rychel
Michael McCarron
Madison Bowey
William Carrier
J.T. Compher
Justin Bailey
Morgan Klimchuk
Shea Theodore

Watsatheo is offline  
Old
05-21-2013, 09:51 PM
  #255
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,307
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Yes they would, because Morin is exactly the kind of player Timmins covets.
Morrissey is better at everything. The only thing Morin has over him is physicality. Tinordi is pretty much the only clear example of Timmins selecting size over skill. Even then, it wasn't much of a reach.

You know what happens when you take size over skill? You end up with McIlrath instead of Fowler/Gormley, Siemens over Beaulieu, and Teubert over Karlsson/Gardiner.


Last edited by le_sean: 05-21-2013 at 09:56 PM.
le_sean is offline  
Old
05-21-2013, 09:53 PM
  #256
ChemiseBleuHonnete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 9,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by odishabs View Post
Subban
Beaulieu
Tinordi
Nygren
Ellis
Thrower


I see a much greater need on forward.
those 5 are far from being sure fire contributors in the NHL. Prospects are massively overrated on hfboards!

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline  
Old
05-21-2013, 09:56 PM
  #257
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot
 
QuebecPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sherbrooke , Qc
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
This is a guy that could be a fit in the 3rd round to add some size on defense...

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=103763

6'5" 225lbs, decent puck skills, not a huge bruiser but not soft either and will drop the gloves.
This guy belongs late in the draft, not in the 3rd round. Especially in a draft like that. Morgan Ellis was better than him in his draft year, and he went in the 4th round.

QuebecPride is offline  
Old
05-21-2013, 09:58 PM
  #258
MXD
Registered User
 
MXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 22,721
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Morrissey is better at everything. The only thing Morin has over him is physicality. Tinordi is pretty much the only clear example of Timmins selecting size over skill. Even then, it wasn't much of a reach.

You know what happens when you take size over skill? You end up with McIlrath instead of Fowler/Gormley, Siemens over Beaulieu, and Teubert over Karlsson/Gardiner.
Strawman...

MXD is offline  
Old
05-21-2013, 09:59 PM
  #259
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot
 
QuebecPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sherbrooke , Qc
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FisherKing View Post
He's probably already been discussed but I'm curious on people's take on Marc-Olivier Roy, particularly those who have seen him play. Not a big kid but seems interesting. Any chance we could get him at 55? And the bigger question is should we?
I'm not sure, the ratings on him go both ways. It depends on how you define the potential. I personally, wouldn't draft him before the 3rd round. But I'm not high on him.


Last edited by QuebecPride: 05-21-2013 at 10:05 PM.
QuebecPride is offline  
Old
05-21-2013, 10:00 PM
  #260
ChemiseBleuHonnete
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 9,414
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
Personally, I believe that a defenseman like Morrissey is more hard to find than wingers like Rychel and Burakovsky. Morrissey has been under the radar a lot but I performed really well at the IIHF U18. He's definitely my pick at that spot. He a better prospect than Beaulieu and Tinordi were at their draft year. He hits, he skates, he shoots, he plays both ends of the ice. And he's also a very good PMD.
This exactly. The hardest players to develop and acquire via trading and free agency are first line forwards and quality top-4 defenseman. I just couldn't care less for potential 2nd and 3rd liner in this draft. Worst case scenario, we have to move an extra blueliner in case (unlikely) that all our dmen prospects meet the expectations and there's a lockjam. In that case, we can land a 2nd liner easely on the trade market.

BTW, after Markov's gone, we'll need a first pairing left handed dman. Beaulieu and Tinordi are promising, but there's nothing sure.

ChemiseBleuHonnete is offline  
Old
05-21-2013, 10:02 PM
  #261
V-2 Schneider
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 877
vCash: 500
Ian McCoshen could be our 2nd pick.

V-2 Schneider is offline  
Old
05-21-2013, 10:03 PM
  #262
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby
 
Jabba11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 3,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by franchise player View Post
This exactly. The hardest players to develop and acquire via trading and free agency are first line forwards and quality top-4 defenseman. I just couldn't care less for potential 2nd and 3rd liner in this draft. Worst case scenario, we have to move an extra blueliner in case (unlikely) that all our dmen prospects meet the expectations and there's a lockjam. In that case, we can land a 2nd liner easely on the trade market.

BTW, after Markov's gone, we'll need a first pairing left handed dman. Beaulieu and Tinordi are promising, but there's nothing sure.
The most relevant example...somehow weird trade too was the James Neal trade for Alex Goligoski...Dallas needed that specific type of defenseman badly. Last year, they all went for Derrick Pouliot, Slater Koekkoek, Dumba instead of Forsberg and Grigorenko.

Jabba11 is offline  
Old
05-21-2013, 10:08 PM
  #263
Frozenice
the random dude
 
Frozenice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,648
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
is Morrissey comparable to Trouba? if so than I'd be pretty pumped.
Trouba wouldn't be the one I'd compare him to.

I would say Morrissey would be half-way between Ryan Murray (CBJ) and Morgan Rielly (Tor). Not as good as either but a nice well balanced combinations of both of their skills.

Frozenice is offline  
Old
05-21-2013, 10:10 PM
  #264
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot
 
QuebecPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sherbrooke , Qc
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
is Morrissey comparable to Trouba? if so than I'd be pretty pumped.
Trouba in my mind is a better talent than Morrissey. Much more physical, and dare I say a better skater overall.

Morrissey is no slouch, I would be surprised if he's still available by our pick, and I wouldn't be mad if he would that pick.

Trouba at the time of his draft was a more mature Ristolainen.

QuebecPride is offline  
Old
05-21-2013, 10:12 PM
  #265
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,307
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
Strawman...
The second part was a personal aside and my own opinion.

The first part was to refute you. You haven't given me a reason why, judging by his draft history with Montreal, you'd think Timmins would select Morin over Morrissey.

le_sean is offline  
Old
05-21-2013, 10:12 PM
  #266
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot
 
QuebecPride's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Sherbrooke , Qc
Country: Martinique
Posts: 2,810
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Trouba wouldn't be the one I'd compare him to.

I would say Morrissey would be half-way between Ryan Murray (CBJ) and Morgan Rielly (Tor). Not as good as either but a nice well balanced combinations of both of their skills.
That's more like it yeah. Maata comes to mind too, as a recently drafted player. Morrissey is a jack-of-all trades, he's pretty much good at everything. He's just not great at anything particular.

QuebecPride is offline  
Old
05-21-2013, 10:14 PM
  #267
Physical HABuse
Registered User
 
Physical HABuse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
Morrissey is better at everything. The only thing Morin has over him is physicality. Tinordi is pretty much the only clear example of Timmins selecting size over skill. Even then, it wasn't much of a reach.

You know what happens when you take size over skill? You end up with McIlrath instead of Fowler/Gormley, Siemens over Beaulieu, and Teubert over Karlsson/Gardiner.
Yes, Tinordi was not an offensive defenseman....but I actually think Timmons took him because of a specific skill as well. Tinordi's skating was well ahead of pace for a big man like him. For a big defenseman......that's not an easy skill to develop and often what holds big d-men back in ever making the NHL.

Physical HABuse is offline  
Old
05-21-2013, 11:08 PM
  #268
Nedved
Registered User
 
Nedved's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,274
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-2 Schneider View Post
Ian McCoshen could be our 2nd pick.
would be a great pick..

Nedved is offline  
Old
05-21-2013, 11:30 PM
  #269
didjuicythat
@m_desroches
 
didjuicythat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 5,251
vCash: 500
Bergevin on the upcoming draft

tvasports.ca/hockey/canadiens/un-quebecois-au-premier-tour-21052013

During the 2nd intermission of tonight's game, TVA Sports spoke with Bergevin for a couple of minutes. Aside from a few good words for Dietz, Thrower, Nygren and Collberg, MB touched on a couple of draft issues.

Summary for those of you who don't understand French:
  • He's feeling good about the 25th spot, might consider moving up slightly.
  • It's hard to have an idea of who's going to be available at that spot.
  • Many good Quebecois players in the 2013 class. He has seen many of them himself, and feels like the scouting staff (Serge Boisvert, Donald Audette and TT) have a pretty solid evaluation for all of them.

didjuicythat is offline  
Old
05-22-2013, 12:09 AM
  #270
Freaky Habs Fan
Registered User
 
Freaky Habs Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: New-Brunswick
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by didjuicythat View Post
tvasports.ca/hockey/canadiens/un-quebecois-au-premier-tour-21052013

During the 2nd intermission of tonight's game, TVA Sports spoke with Bergevin for a couple of minutes. Aside from a few good words for Dietz, Thrower, Nygren and Collberg, MB touched on a couple of draft issues.

Summary for those of you who don't understand French:
  • He's feeling good about the 25th spot, might consider moving up slightly.
  • It's hard to have an idea of who's going to be available at that spot.
  • Many good Quebecois players in the 2013 class. He has seen many of them himself, and feels like the scouting staff (Serge Boisvert, Donald Audette and TT) have a pretty solid evaluation for all of them.
He never said he's consider moving up. He was just saying they could move up a little bit (if Pittsburgh and/or Chicago are eliminated)

Freaky Habs Fan is offline  
Old
05-22-2013, 12:26 AM
  #271
Shutdown
Registered User
 
Shutdown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,023
vCash: 500
What are everyone's thoughts on Chris Bigras? Not the biggest guy but he seems solid. Looks to be in the same mould as Dietz where he's solid defensively but might have something to show offensively as well, wouldn't mind picking him up if he's available at the Habs 2nd or Dallas' 3rd.

Shutdown is offline  
Old
05-22-2013, 12:35 AM
  #272
ChoseLa
Registered User
 
ChoseLa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Martinique
Posts: 4,559
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-2 Schneider View Post
Ian McCoshen could be our 2nd pick.
Mueller could be our third pick.

ChoseLa is online now  
Old
05-22-2013, 12:37 AM
  #273
Frozenice
the random dude
 
Frozenice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,648
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
He never said he's consider moving up. He was just saying they could move up a little bit (if Pittsburgh and/or Chicago are eliminated)
Something doesn't make sense here. If Pittsburgh or Chicago are eliminated are you saying that MB might consider moving up but then again he might not.

I can see Bettman walking up to the podium and saying "It's Montreal's turn to pick but after much pondering, they have reconsidered and will wait until the 25th spot to pick. Chicago, you're on the clock."

Frozenice is offline  
Old
05-22-2013, 12:40 AM
  #274
Ezpz
No mad pls
 
Ezpz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 5,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Something doesn't make sense here. If Pittsburgh or Chicago are eliminated are you saying that MB might consider moving up but then again he might not.

I can see Bettman walking up to the podium and saying "It's Montreal's turn to pick but after much pondering, they have reconsidered and will wait until the 25th spot to pick. Chicago, you're on the clock."
Our pick is higher if Pittsburgh/Chicago are eliminated before the conference finals.

Ezpz is online now  
Old
05-22-2013, 12:51 AM
  #275
dackelljuneaubulis02
Registered User
 
dackelljuneaubulis02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Something doesn't make sense here. If Pittsburgh or Chicago are eliminated are you saying that MB might consider moving up but then again he might not.

I can see Bettman walking up to the podium and saying "It's Montreal's turn to pick but after much pondering, they have reconsidered and will wait until the 25th spot to pick. Chicago, you're on the clock."
hahaha. That would be amazing!

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.