HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Grabovski Admits to Biting Pacioretty

Old
05-21-2013, 10:48 AM
nsleaf

vCash: 500
Biting not OK and choking someone is? What about those deliberate hits to the head that happen all the time? Which is worse? What about those plays where a player tries to take out another's knee(s). Which is worse?

nsleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 10:51 AM
nsleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
It's hyperbole at its best, Grabo always has an excuse, even biting is tolerated. Something a Leafs player should never do, we aren't the Habs, we don't need to degrade ourselves to that level. All the guy had to do was turn around and punch him. It was a cowardly, again I don't condone biting by any team, especially players on our own team. The Maple Leafs logo should represent honour, we are better than this, even if someone has a arm on your mouth the last response should be biting, scratching, or any of that stuff.

THe last response was biting, no?

nsleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 10:55 AM
thewave

Think about how much you need to breathe after or during a hockey shift, even 5 seconds of cut air supply would make you struggle for air or pass out, Grabo is not the kind of guy to let some coward choke him out. Still say good for him and I don't care what the stealth Habs fans here have to say.

thewave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 11:07 AM
Leafsfan83

I would of bit him too if I couldn't breathe.

Leafsfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 11:21 AM
CellarDweller0

Quote:
Originally Posted by theremedial View Post
And people with no bias say they can't determine the choke or the bite. There is commotion so if you go on the word he was being choked and defended himself as most human beings would.

You could see him trying to remove his arm though so I think Grabo is being truthful. People panic when can't breathe.
Grabo may not have meant the english word for choked which implies the grabbing of the neck to block the intake of air and may have actually said suffocated which has the same effect but in a different manne, in this case, covering the mouth.

CellarDweller0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 11:27 AM
Liferleafer
Blow it up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusForever View Post
What was he supposed to do?
Mule kick.

Liferleafer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 11:29 AM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by htpwn View Post
Should we call 911?

Certain posters are going to flip when they see some of the comments he made in this Interview:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...medium=twitter

He doesn't sound like a player about to be bought out.
Whoever told him he had a good season should be ****ing fired.

As for the bite, I'd have bit his fingers clean off. Don't choke from behind unless you're ready for the consequences *****

ForzaZuffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 11:41 AM
Deebo
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
If it were Bozak, lord knows what he would be called in this thread.
If it was Bozak, we know you wouldn't be in this thread with every other post.

Deebo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 01:35 PM
GrabsOverHabs

Quote:
Somehow I see a Grabo fight going like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXhWFXokOXg

Or you could reference a fight that he was actually in... He's no Colton Orr, but Alexander Semin? I appreciate the need to criticize Grabovski and not let certain people go overboard but come on...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjV4ickI50U

The whole "he should have just fought the guy" arguments seem kind of silly when its clear that he's trying to fight Prust when Paccioretty comes in. In fact, he's trying to fight Prust right til he's hauled away. I respect anyone that doesn't like him for biting, but claiming he's not willing to be tough and fight is absurb when I watch this replay. If anything Prust is the scarier combatant of the two.

GrabsOverHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:32 PM
jimmycarter

maybe they should start a line brawl if they don't like it..?

jimmycarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:58 PM
Interactif
Opinionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrabsOverHabs View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXhWFXokOXg

Or you could reference a fight that he was actually in... He's no Colton Orr, but Alexander Semin? I appreciate the need to criticize Grabovski and not let certain people go overboard but come on...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjV4ickI50U

The whole "he should have just fought the guy" arguments seem kind of silly when its clear that he's trying to fight Prust when Paccioretty comes in. In fact, he's trying to fight Prust right til he's hauled away. I respect anyone that doesn't like him for biting, but claiming he's not willing to be tough and fight is absurb when I watch this replay. If anything Prust is the scarier combatant of the two.
I know this may be hard to believe, but Grabo or no Grabo, I would never condone biting another player, there is something beneath the Leafs Logo to resort to biting a fellow player.

There are ways of settling a dispute, I don't buy the not being able to breath part. The video doesn't show he was being choked, Pacioretty had his arm around his head, mostly his mouth.

Regardless, biting another player is just silly and immature behaviour, it crosses the line in a game like hockey. I'd like to think anyone that wears a Leafs jersey is above this behaviour.

There is no justification for it, no matter what some say, the not breathing reason is simply not believable reason.

Interactif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 11:58 PM
Ari91

Quote:
And again the video clearly shows it was not a choke, if Grabo can bite, you can certainly breath through your mouth.

Let me throw some common sense at you. Grabovski's first language isn't English. When he used the word choke, he also mentioned being unable to breathe. You can tell from that video that you so kindly posted, that as soon as Pac's hand went around his mouth, Grabovski immediately TRIED TO USE HIS HANDS to remove the arm from around his face. The hand was covering Grabo's nose and mouth. Assuming you are also apart of the human race as the rest of us are and know very basic anatomy, you should know that your nose and mouth are your only breathing apparatus that your body has to pump air in and out of your body. If you weren't so incredibly deluded with your dislike for Grabo, it might have occurred to you that using the term 'choke' may to not have been correct but it could have been his attempt at explaining that his ability to breathe was being interfered with (which coincidentally is exactly what happens when someone is being choked).

It's easy to say that you would react a certain way but you don't know what he was experiencing at the time and just because you choose not to believe how he described his train of thought as the incident was taking place is not solid reasoning on your part to crucify him for his actions.

If someone wrapped their arm around your face and your breathing was being interfered with, you would be one incredibly dumb person to attempt to fight your face away from the grip of someone's arm rather than bite that person because the only priority should be trying to regain your breath. Biting the hand would be the quickest way to do it and if you feel that you're too 'manly' to do such a thing, well under those circumstances, you would also prove that you aren't a very smart man either. All in all, I'm not surprised to see you with your predicable slander in a Grabovski thread. Keep on keyboard warrior.

Ari91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 12:04 AM
Finnish your Czech
leafs are in the pla

vCash: 50
This was assumed by most, since that was his best choice, unless if he wanted to get choked.

Finnish your Czech is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 12:13 AM
The Blue Devil

Someone else brought it up in this thread, but people also have to look at the fact that the incident was also at the end of Grabo's shift. So not only is he most likely dead tired he now has to deal with both of his only sources of oxygen covered up as well as trying to fight Prust. In the video shown, he clearly tries to remove Pac's arms and bites him as a last resort.

The Blue Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 12:32 AM
agropop

..all the manufactured outrage by some around here...

WHO CARES?

agropop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 12:37 AM
Anthrax442

vCash: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by agropop View Post
..all the manufactured outrage by some around here...

WHO CARES?
Precisely.

Anthrax442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 02:37 AM
MrLegend28

some leaf fans need to just stop coming here. all they do is complain about the leafs lol some fans

MrLegend28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 08:47 AM
Deebo
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I know this may be hard to believe, but Grabo or no Grabo, I would never condone biting another player
But there is no way you would be this vocal about it if it was another player.

Deebo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 09:16 AM
tooncesmeow

Quote:
I know this may be hard to believe, but Grabo or no Grabo, I would never condone biting another player, there is something beneath the Leafs Logo to resort to biting a fellow player.

There are ways of settling a dispute, I don't buy the not being able to breath part. The video doesn't show he was being choked, Pacioretty had his arm around his head, mostly his mouth.

Regardless, biting another player is just silly and immature behaviour, it crosses the line in a game like hockey. I'd like to think anyone that wears a Leafs jersey is above this behaviour.

There is no justification for it, no matter what some say, the not breathing reason is simply not believable reason.
That's still being choked when you can't breathe. He gets into a fight at the end of his shift. Imagine someone just cuts off your air flow after a long sprint, are you going to try and blindly hit them? He's on skates and Pacioretty has a helmet with a visor. You're asking Grabo to either fall down, which is never a good idea when there's a bunch of dudes in a scrum with skates on, or twist and try to clock Pacioretty in the exposed half of his face when they're already crammed in a scrum. This is also ignoring the 40lbs. and 3 inches Max has on Grabovski

tooncesmeow is offline   Reply With Quote