HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCSF Game 4: Kings lose to Sharks 2-1

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-22-2013, 12:20 AM
  #76
Herby
Culture Changer
 
Herby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,030
vCash: 500
Was this discussed on the GDT. Did the Kings have their timeout, or did they use it earlier in the game?

After Marleau's shot was stopped by Quick, there was like 1:40 left and the Kings elected to not use a timeout and sent out KYLE CLIFFORD and two other guys, I think Lewis and King maybe. I'm sorry, but if they had their TO the Kings should have used it, and bought time for one of their offensive lines to be more rested.

I just don't get the Clifford love, if there is favoritism for King and Muzzin, there certainly is for Clifford also. Atleast Muzzin has a booming shot and King can cycle the puck. What on Earth is Clifford adding to this team???

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 12:20 AM
  #77
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: staples center
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 16,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cneil99 View Post
Is anyone else sick of Dwight King? He does nothing for 60 mins
I want him gone.

KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 12:21 AM
  #78
Cruel11
Son, just don't.
 
Cruel11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 15,887
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Pretty sure Sutter will sit Fraser,

But who plays center ? Richardson is just not a good center man.
There really isn't anyone to replace that center position. Even though Nolan is a natural center, he won't cut it down the middle. Maybe one of the black aces? But that's asking a lot from a rookie.

Cruel11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 12:21 AM
  #79
Vamos Rafa
ˇVamos!
 
Vamos Rafa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Clay Court
Country: Spain
Posts: 10,940
vCash: 500
Just curious. Is the previous night's Kings loss always the first thing that comes to your mind when waking up in the morning? That's kinda the way I am.

Vamos Rafa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 12:21 AM
  #80
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 31,147
vCash: 500
The Sharks don't really scare me. It's the Kings and their lack of effort that is concerning. Look at the difference in both teams when the Kings start playing like they're capable of.

I think the Kings can take Game 5 and they will put up their best showing in the playoffs. Judging from some of the post game comments, it seems like there are leaders on this team that will not stand for an effort like that again.

This is the beauty with the playoffs, with all of the drama and story going into each game. The Sharks fans think they got screwed over in Game 2. Kings fans now think the same with Games 3 and 4. In the end, the calls even out and the players can't use it as a crutch the excuse them for a crappy effort.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 12:22 AM
  #81
Vamos Rafa
ˇVamos!
 
Vamos Rafa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Clay Court
Country: Spain
Posts: 10,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by reset View Post
memo to sutter
king needs to sit

Vamos Rafa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 12:23 AM
  #82
TheSentinel
Registered User
 
TheSentinel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: WhereTheKingsReign
Country: United States
Posts: 1,861
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
I'm going to take my liberties as a female and be a little bipolar here.

The negative. Screw that the refs just stole another chance to win for us. An unnecessary 5 on 3 in OT last game to steal momentum and now a straight robbery on Pancake's goal. It hurts. This series could easily be 3-1 if not better than that.

However, I guess my negative is also positive (the optimist in me never dies!). This series could easily be 3-1 and possibly should be if not for one-sided calls. The Kings are a strong team. We are headed back home, where we have been phenomenal, and just have to take two out of the next three.

I think this Kings team, under Sutter, can do this.

After we pushed through the Blues, I would hate to see us drop it to SJ.

But then again (more optimism!), even if we did, we won the cup last year in a cannot be matched fashion, we've made it half way deep in the follow up year which is hard to do, and we have a team that is set up to be a strong contender for years to come. The future is bright, regardless.

My eyes are still on this series. I think we have it. I think Quick will refuse to let it go. In the end, when we advance, I will look back on THAT HORRIBLE CALL and laugh and laugh and laugh on my way to the next cup rally.

Just keep believing. This team is worthy of it.

Go Kings!
This

And may the All-mighty Carter Bless thee with the Wrist Shot, the Slap Shot, and the Hat-Trick Spirit. Goal.

TheSentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 12:23 AM
  #83
reset
Puck Luck
 
reset's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: South Bay
Posts: 587
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa Nadal View Post
hahaha good one

reset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 12:25 AM
  #84
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 12,250
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Was this discussed on the GDT. Did the Kings have their timeout, or did they use it earlier in the game?

After Marleau's shot was stopped by Quick, there was like 1:40 left and the Kings elected to not use a timeout and sent out KYLE CLIFFORD and two other guys, I think Lewis and King maybe. I'm sorry, but if they had their TO the Kings should have used it, and bought time for one of their offensive lines to be more rested.

I just don't get the Clifford love, if there is favoritism for King and Muzzin, there certainly is for Clifford also. Atleast Muzzin has a booming shot and King can cycle the puck. What on Earth is Clifford adding to this team???
Pretty sure Sutter used his timeout in the second on an icing.

Probably put them out there cause they have fresh legs.

Look at the shifts, Sutter played two lines for the last 5 mins.(almost anyway)..

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 12:26 AM
  #85
jml87
Registered User
 
jml87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Was this discussed on the GDT. Did the Kings have their timeout, or did they use it earlier in the game?

After Marleau's shot was stopped by Quick, there was like 1:40 left and the Kings elected to not use a timeout and sent out KYLE CLIFFORD and two other guys, I think Lewis and King maybe. I'm sorry, but if they had their TO the Kings should have used it, and bought time for one of their offensive lines to be more rested.

I just don't get the Clifford love, if there is favoritism for King and Muzzin, there certainly is for Clifford also. Atleast Muzzin has a booming shot and King can cycle the puck. What on Earth is Clifford adding to this team???
That was weird, too. They've got a minute left and Clifford and King are out there. Just...

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 12:27 AM
  #86
Reclamation Project
I Not Much Like LA
 
Reclamation Project's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 18,490
vCash: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
I want him gone.


Short, concise, and to the point. I like it.

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 12:29 AM
  #87
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 12,250
vCash: 500
Well Scuds post game comments are spot on,

Scuds "We didn't learn our lesson from last game". Poor starts.

Scuds "We are going to be trailing in this series real fast, if we play like that again".

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 12:29 AM
  #88
no name
Registered User
 
no name's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Tornado Alley
Posts: 11,753
vCash: 500
Let's stay positive. Kopitar became more of an offensive force. Williams and Brown just need to stop standing and waiting for a pass but Kopitar will get them moving.

DD playing remarkable.

Maybe I'm just happy because I got a carb reefed day today but I'm still positive.

no name is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 12:30 AM
  #89
Muzzfan
Registered User
 
Muzzfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 928
vCash: 500
Not gonna lie, that disallowed goal pissed me off.

Mostly though, I'm tired of the Sharks hitting Quick's head. Galiardi's stick smacks his head about 2 seconds before Bruns scores.

Glad he punched Wingels to get the referrees attention. It isn't okay when he does it, but it was for others to do it to him.

Muzzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 12:31 AM
  #90
jml87
Registered User
 
jml87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
A-Mart hasn't ether, the Guy has been terrible 5 on 5.

So it's pick your poison really. That 6-0 Record every one harps on was with Muzzin playing more minutes than A-Mart.
Was he really all that terrible besides Game 2? It was one game, which we won anyway. It is ridiculous to think that Martinez is some sort of magical piece which will be inserted and the Kings will win every game but when you are 6-0 with the guy and 0-4 without him, he's got to be given just a little bit of credit for that.

Bottom line and the point I'm trying to get across is if Muzzin had that -3 in game 2, I believe he still would've been out there the next game and I think that's ridiculous. It's the same thing with King getting top 6 minutes, it doesn't make sense.

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 12:32 AM
  #91
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 12,250
vCash: 500
Mike Richards comment about poor start.

“We obviously, like you said, didn’t have a start that we wanted to. Just turning pucks over and slow moving. I think I got my pocket picked about three times in one shift, which is a little bit embarrassing. It just shows that you can’t play a half a hockey in the playoffs. I thought we did some good things in the second half of the game, and it’s something that we have to carry over Thursday night at home.”

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 12:33 AM
  #92
Herby
Culture Changer
 
Herby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 15,030
vCash: 500
Fraser is providing nothing, same with Clifford. I thought it was a crazy idea after game 1, but I would go to Vey now.

Last year the Kings 4th line was a huge strength, this is the second straight series we have gotten nothing from them, while the other team is getting solid shifts.

I saw some highlights of the 2011 series earlier today, boy would be nice to have that Clifford.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 12:35 AM
  #93
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,293
vCash: 3733
Would never happen, but I would love to see our kids on the fourth line:

Pearson-Vey-Toffoli

The Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 12:35 AM
  #94
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 12,250
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
Was he really all that terrible besides Game 2? It was one game, which we won anyway. It is ridiculous to think that Martinez is some sort of magical piece which will be inserted and the Kings will win every game but when you are 6-0 with the guy and 0-4 without him, he's got to be given just a little bit of credit for that.

Bottom line and the point I'm trying to get across is if Muzzin had that -3 in game 2, he believe he still would've been out there the next game and I think that's ridiculous. It's the same thing with King getting top 6 minutes, it doesn't make sense.
A-Mart is really good at turning the puck up ice. Helps the transition game.

But he is just not good defending this year. The Sharks feasted on him.

He also took two stick fouls, due to him getting beat. It's been a bad year for A-Mart.

Sutter has even limited his starts to O zone/PP he doesn't PK a whole lot.

Sutter has even limited his minutes, But A-Mart has just had a really poor year.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 12:37 AM
  #95
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 12,250
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Fraser is providing nothing, same with Clifford. I thought it was a crazy idea after game 1, but I would go to Vey now.

Last year the Kings 4th line was a huge strength, this is the second straight series we have gotten nothing from them, while the other team is getting solid shifts.

I saw some highlights of the 2011 series earlier today, boy would be nice to have that Clifford.
It's just strange how the same guys can be just not effective at all in limited roles....

Nolan has had a bad season as well.

The Kings are having to play three lines from the second period on, that has to be taxing.


Last edited by damacles1156: 05-22-2013 at 12:46 AM.
damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 12:37 AM
  #96
Reclamation Project
I Not Much Like LA
 
Reclamation Project's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 18,490
vCash: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
Would never happen, but I would love to see our kids on the fourth line:

Pearson-Vey-Toffoli
Release the youth! Release Martinez!

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 12:41 AM
  #97
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!
 
Scrivezina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: RSM, CA
Posts: 2,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa Nadal View Post
Just curious. Is the previous night's Kings loss always the first thing that comes to your mind when waking up in the morning? That's kinda the way I am.
Yup. As I walk out to the car and drive to work.... it's either a **** YA or a (sigh).

Scrivezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 12:43 AM
  #98
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!
 
Scrivezina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: RSM, CA
Posts: 2,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzzfan View Post
Not gonna lie, that disallowed goal pissed me off.

Mostly though, I'm tired of the Sharks hitting Quick's head. Galiardi's stick smacks his head about 2 seconds before Bruns scores.

Glad he punched Wingels to get the referrees attention. It isn't okay when he does it, but it was for others to do it to him.
Last year, no one touched our goalie. Every whistle we were there, mean and pushing people who came close Can't say that this year. There is no Snarl to our D Core. They're tight on D, but they're not mean. Hopefully Greene can influence Regher to change that.

Scrivezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 12:44 AM
  #99
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 12,250
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty View Post
Last year, no one touched our goalie. Every whistle we were there, mean and pushing people who came close Can't say that this year. There is no Snarl to our D Core. They're tight on D, but they're not mean. Hopefully Greene can influence Regher to change that.
Mitchell,

Teams are not too keen to step around the net with Willie Mitchell and his 230lbs frame smacking you.

I miss watching Mitchell play. Very Underrated

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 12:48 AM
  #100
jml87
Registered User
 
jml87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,912
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
A-Mart is really good at turning the puck up ice. Helps the transition game.

But he is just not good defending this year. The Sharks feasted on him.

He also took two stick fouls, due to him getting beat. It's been a bad year for A-Mart.

Sutter has even limited his starts to O zone/PP he doesn't PK a whole lot.

Sutter has even limited his minutes, But A-Mart has just had a really poor year.
He was injured for a month and then benched for a month, so yeah, he hasn't had a great year. I still don't think Muzzin has been that more spectacular than him in the playoffs. And what about game 1 vs the Sharks, doesn't that count? Muzzin has made way more brainless miscues over the course of these playoffs then Martinez. His numbers don't show it cause Doughty or Quick are usually always there to bail him out.

Despite the fact that neither of them have been amazing and have made mistakes, if the roles were reversed and Muzzin had that -3 game, do you think Sutter would've benched him?

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.