HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

WCSF Game 4: Kings lose to Sharks 2-1

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-22-2013, 12:48 AM
  #101
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!
 
Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: O.C. California
Country: United States
Posts: 11,476
vCash: 2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Mitchell,

Teams are not too keen to step around the net with Willie Mitchell and his 230lbs frame smacking you.

I miss watching Mitchell play. Very Underrated
Mitchell is 210lbs. Let's not exaggerate to make your point. Besides, Regehr is bigger, tougher and the better fighter of the two.

Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 12:52 AM
  #102
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 10,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jml87 View Post
He was injured for a month and then benched for a month, so yeah, he hasn't had a great year. I still don't think Muzzin has been that more spectacular than him in the playoffs. And what about game 1 vs the Sharks, doesn't that count? Muzzin has made way more brainless miscues over the course of these playoffs then Martinez. His numbers don't show it cause Doughty or Quick are usually always there to bail him out.

Despite the fact that neither of them have been amazing and have made mistakes, if the roles were reversed and Muzzin had that -3 game, do you think Sutter would've benched him?
Don't think so, Muzzin consistently plays 20+ mins a night...He is one of the few healthy defenders that is playing ok.

A-Mart would have too fill those minutes. A-Mart hasn't played 20+ Mins(consistently) in a long time.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 12:52 AM
  #103
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 10,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
Mitchell is 210lbs. Let's not exaggerate to make your point. Besides, Regehr is bigger, tougher and the better fighter of the two.
Also like half the Defender.....Regehr is not even on the same planet as Mitchell.

You talking about Regehr Six years ago ?

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 12:53 AM
  #104
misch13vousmike
Registered User
 
misch13vousmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Hollywood, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 52
vCash: 500
Ugh is it Thursday yet?!?!

misch13vousmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 12:54 AM
  #105
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!
 
Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: O.C. California
Country: United States
Posts: 11,476
vCash: 2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Don't think so, Muzzin consistently plays 20+ mins a night...He is one of the few healthy defenders that is playing ok.
lol. What are you talking about??? Which healthy defenders are not playing ok in your perspective???

Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 12:54 AM
  #106
Reclamation Project
Zero Class User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Classless LA
Country: Italy
Posts: 12,538
vCash: 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa Nadal View Post
Just curious. Is the previous night's Kings loss always the first thing that comes to your mind when waking up in the morning? That's kinda the way I am.
Yes, it usually dictates my mood in the morning. And sometimes even into the afternoon...

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 12:56 AM
  #107
Peter James Bond
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nose of Sutter View Post
Fraser and King need to sit, Vey and Pearson would be more effective. That roughing Fraser took was one of the dumbest penalties I've seen all year. Martinez needs to be back in the lineup, there was no reason Muzzin should've missed that open net.
Fraser is brutal. He's been a neutral player: 50% helping the Kings and 50% helping the Sharks, so it's 4.5 on 5.5, which mathematically is 1.0 man short! I am glad he will not be back next year. I would put Vey in game 5.

I watched the replay of Muzzin's muff...and the puck was fully perpendicular; and even bouncing, or off the ice as well. It was more circumstantial, than him blowing it. I thing the same result would have happened to about anyone. I give him credit for crashing the net and going deep in the zone all of the third period.

Props to Brad Richardson. Good effort again. I am glad to see King off of line 2.
I have a feeling it will stay that way and expect Penner to open on line 2 and stay there. Penner hasn't been all that great and not as effective as in the St Louis series...but he's not alone in that category. Good to see Kopitar skating again.

Peter James Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 12:56 AM
  #108
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!
 
Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: O.C. California
Country: United States
Posts: 11,476
vCash: 2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Also like half the Defender.....Regehr is not even on the same planet as Mitchell.

You talking about Regehr Six years ago ?
Stay on point! You made WM sound like he's some HUGE intimidating dman which he isn't and I made corrections to your post.

Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 12:57 AM
  #109
Axl Rhoadz*
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 892
vCash: 500
I blame the Ducks.

Axl Rhoadz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 12:57 AM
  #110
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 10,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
Stay on point! You made WM sound like he's some HUGE intimidating dman and I made corrections to your post.
Ok so he is listed at 210 lbs....

Mitchell still plays a pretty gritty game....Unless we are talking about some other Mitchell

Pretty sure most people would say WM is pretty intimidating.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 12:58 AM
  #111
ru4reals
Registered User
 
ru4reals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,152
vCash: 500
Mother effer! There goes my day tomorrow! Gonna be a loooong Effin day!

ru4reals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 01:00 AM
  #112
Slycer
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 347
vCash: 500
20 coaches in here, with their line ideas and who to trade, who to sit, who's better than who, when. Easy being a coach with zero accountability.

Just relax.

Slycer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 01:00 AM
  #113
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!
 
Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: O.C. California
Country: United States
Posts: 11,476
vCash: 2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Ok so he is listed at 210 lbs....

Mitchell still plays a pretty gritty game....Unless we are talking about some other Mitchell
Yeah, but he's not the reason that Quick is being physically harassed by the opponents. If anything, it's because they now know that Quick's got bit of a short fuse and they're trying to mess with his head.

Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 01:00 AM
  #114
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 10,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
20 coaches in here, with their line ideas and who to trade, who to sit, who's better than who, when. Easy being a coach with zero accountability.

Just relax.
Normal for this board.

Something to talk about at least.

Cause the Kings sure didn't show up for 40 mins.

At least the players in the post game comments didn't dodge the poor start questions.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 01:02 AM
  #115
Shellz
Registered User
 
Shellz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 17,305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
Yeah, but he's not the reason that Quick is being physically harassed by the opponents. If anything, it's because they now know that Quick's got bit of a short fuse and they're trying to mess with his head.
It's because that's the only way they will beat him. Quick doesn't have a "short fuse". That has to be on of the most inaccurate things. Come on.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 01:02 AM
  #116
Peter James Bond
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel11 View Post
There really isn't anyone to replace that center position. Even though Nolan is a natural center, he won't cut it down the middle. Maybe one of the black aces? But that's asking a lot from a rookie.
Fraser has been detrimental. I would put in Linden Vey in game 5. Or put Richardson at center and put Nolan or Pearson back in and put Fraser in the stands.

Peter James Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 01:04 AM
  #117
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!
 
Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: O.C. California
Country: United States
Posts: 11,476
vCash: 2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
It's because that's the only way they will beat him. Quick doesn't have a "short fuse". That has to be on of the most inaccurate things. Come on.
Yeah, I know. I'm just saying it isn't because of Willie Mitchell that's all. As for Quick's short fuse...I have to say his demeanor does concern me a bit.

Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 01:04 AM
  #118
damacles1156
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 10,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
It's because that's the only way they will beat him. Quick doesn't have a "short fuse". That has to be on of the most inaccurate things. Come on.
He just gets competitive, Quick looked pretty cool tonight. Like the Sucker punch he gave Wingles.

That was pretty funny.

Also he tossed that Pavs shot right back to the circle...That was pretty cool.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 01:04 AM
  #119
takk
Registered User
 
takk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Turkey
Country: Turkey
Posts: 444
vCash: 500
Kings have some issues with game 4's. Since 93 they have only three game 4 wins, last two against Blues.

takk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 01:05 AM
  #120
Slycer
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Slovenia
Posts: 347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Cause the Kings sure didn't show up for 40 mins.
They didn't show up for 30 minutes and dominated the last 20. A Sharks fan could say their team left after 40 minutes. This game was 2-2 and should've been 3-2 for Kings if Muzzin had a shot worth a penny. To miss by that much so close to the goal is an accomplishment. Not to mention the BS call on Fraser that led to a PP goal.

Slycer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 01:06 AM
  #121
Black1963
Weal Deal, No Doubt!
 
Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: O.C. California
Country: United States
Posts: 11,476
vCash: 2200
Quote:
Originally Posted by takk View Post
Kings have some issues with game 4's. Since 93 they have only two game 4 wins, one being the sweep game against Blues.
worthless stat.

Black1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 01:07 AM
  #122
Shellz
Registered User
 
Shellz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 17,305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
Yeah, I know. I'm just saying it isn't because of Willie Mitchell that's all. As for Quick's short fuse...I have to say his demeanor does concern me a bit.
He's probably pissed off. But, I'm not worried.. he's been the only reason the Kings are having any kind of playoff success. When he starts to not care that's when you can be worried.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 01:07 AM
  #123
Reclamation Project
Zero Class User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Classless LA
Country: Italy
Posts: 12,538
vCash: 498
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
20 coaches in here, with their line ideas and who to trade, who to sit, who's better than who, when. Easy being a coach with zero accountability.

Just relax.
I'd rather be waling about a win but...

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 01:08 AM
  #124
Shellz
Registered User
 
Shellz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: California
Posts: 17,305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
He just gets competitive, Quick looked pretty cool tonight. Like the Sucker punch he gave Wingles.

That was pretty funny.

Also he tossed that Pavs shot right back to the circle...That was pretty cool.
I need to see these

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 01:08 AM
  #125
takk
Registered User
 
takk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Turkey
Country: Turkey
Posts: 444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
worthless stat.
Still you can tell Kings had troubles closing out series after going up 3-0 three times last year. And a one win in SJ so might come in handy.

takk is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:26 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.