HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Playoff Avatars

Old
04-30-2013, 06:18 PM
KingsKnight
"ICE to see you"

vCash: 500
If you get a chance, they're having an avatar vote on the main boards. There's some good ones on there. [homer]And hey, if you like what we've done with the Kings avys, give it a vote![/homer]

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1414765

KingsKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-30-2013, 06:54 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsKnight View Post
If you get a chance, they're having an avatar vote on the main boards. There's some good ones on there. [homer]And hey, if you like what we've done with the Kings avys, give it a vote![/homer]

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1414765
less than 8% ... I knew last years were better ahhh well F'them you did great with these and you're a WINNER in my Book

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 08:34 AM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
I'm italian...and we are really superstiotious about sports. I'm still wondering why you guys felt the need to change the avatars from last year run, they brought such a good luck to us...guys, let's switch to the old ones, it will help our karma.

Albi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 09:05 AM
TimbeS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi View Post
I'm italian...and we are really superstiotious about sports. I'm still wondering why you guys felt the need to change the avatars from last year run, they brought such a good luck to us...guys, let's switch to the old ones, it will help our karma.
No, let's keep it this way, and if we lose we can blame the avatars

TimbeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 12:14 PM
Martyros

Quote:
I haven't changed mine...

Martyros is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 02:10 PM
Albi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
I haven't changed mine...
Me neither...

Old
05-03-2013, 03:07 PM
CowMix
Go Kings Go!

Can I get one with this picture:

that has something like #DirtyWinsCups

something like that anyone have a better tagline?

CowMix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 04:42 PM
Reclamation Project
Technically, Missing

Quote:
Yes. I might change mine.

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-03-2013, 11:41 PM
KingsKnight
"ICE to see you"

Quote:
A 125x125 animated gif on a message board has no bearing on whether they win or lose. But everyone is free to use whatever avatar they want.

Old
05-04-2013, 02:32 AM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
A 125x125 animated gif on a message board has no bearing on whether they win or lose. But everyone is free to use whatever avatar they want.
Sacrilege !!!

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-04-2013, 06:36 AM
Albi

Quote:
Your avatar is jinxing Kopitar big time though...

Old
05-15-2013, 06:05 PM
KingsKnight
"ICE to see you"

Sorry for my "outburst" about the avatars a while back. I was just upset because I (and a few others) put in a lot of hard work to get these done for everyone. Then after all the work, to have people criticize them as being not that great, and have people blaming the avatars for us losing, it just set me off a little. But I shouldn't have taken it personally, and I did. Everyone's free to be superstitious about whatever they want and to use or not use whatever avatar they want. I hope at least some people appreciate them.

Speaking of which, I notice we're not really getting anyone wanting bandwagon avatars this year at all. It's like we were only popular when we were underdogs...

Old
05-15-2013, 06:34 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Quote:
Sorry for my "outburst" about the avatars a while back. I was just upset because I (and a few others) put in a lot of hard work to get these done for everyone. Then after all the work, to have people criticize them as being not that great, and have people blaming the avatars for us losing, it just set me off a little. But I shouldn't have taken it personally, and I did. Everyone's free to be superstitious about whatever they want and to use or not use whatever avatar they want. I hope at least some people appreciate them.

Speaking of which, I notice we're not really getting anyone wanting bandwagon avatars this year at all. It's like we were only popular when we were underdogs...
I've noticed this as well. What's strange is that all of the people who supported us last year wanted us to win, right? So when we did win, now they hate us? Odd.

DocWest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2013, 06:54 PM
TheSentinel

Bandwagon-er's remorse?

TheSentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2013, 08:07 PM
Martyros

The Canucks are already out of the playoffs, everyone's happy now

Martyros is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2013, 08:16 PM
cyclones22

Quote:

LOL what a bunch of hooey. I never doubted the power of my playoff avatar! However, you all should be thanking me because since I changed my phone lock screen to my pre-playoff avatar and attended Game 3...well...

cyclones22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2013, 11:12 PM
jml87

Quote:

The avatars are awesome. It's cool that you guys do so much work on them. It's my fault anyway. Last year, before game 1 I watched the Miracle on Manchester. This year, I waited till game 3 to do it. My bad

And people like underdog teams. It's only natural. We're allowed to win once, but not twice. Now we're just being greedy.

jml87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-16-2013, 12:26 AM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

Could you imagine one with Doughty reading #DoubleDCups after we get that second one???

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 05:20 PM
Ronaldo
OVOXO

vCash: 855
Hey guys, On the bandwagon(Hate the Sharks) Anyway I could pick up an Avatar? BTW after the Canucks got eliminated by you guys last year I cheeered for you guys all the way.

Ronaldo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 05:33 PM
jimmy1100

I love it - if HFBoards is to be believed - the culmination of all of our individual superstitions right now is helping propel our team to victory!!! Hell, last night my girl was just putting on her Kopitar jersey when we tied the game - which made me immediately put on my Richards jersey and we all know what happened 22 seconds later.

It's a good thing the Kings have such a solid group of superstition-savvy fans, cause I don't know if they could do it without us!

jimmy1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 04:31 AM
KingsKnight
"ICE to see you"

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Canuck View Post
Hey guys, On the bandwagon(Hate the Sharks) Anyway I could pick up an Avatar? BTW after the Canucks got eliminated by you guys last year I cheeered for you guys all the way.
Any specific request for the image/hashtag? I can put one together for you. Not sure how yet, but maybe we can figure out a way to make a bandwagon specific avatar that looks pretty much the same.

Old
05-18-2013, 04:45 AM
JureEe
Go Kings Go!

Quote:
Any specific request for the image/hashtag? I can put one together for you. Not sure how yet, but maybe we can figure out a way to make a bandwagon specific avatar that looks pretty much the same.
on pic with cup, our logo... add bandwagon logo (smaller) in right up corner. just an idea.

JureEe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 11:52 AM
Ronaldo
OVOXO

vCash: 855
Quote:
I'm okay with just taking any Kopitar one if you guys don't mind.

Ronaldo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 02:23 AM
KingsKnight
"ICE to see you"

Quote:
I'm okay with just taking any Kopitar one if you guys don't mind.
Here you go. The first and (currently) only bandwagon avatar. I just changed the end a bit. Thanks for the support:

Old
05-22-2013, 02:33 AM
Reclamation Project
Technically, Missing

Quote:

Reclamation Project is offline   Reply With Quote