HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 2013 ticket thread Part 6 (ALL ticket talk HERE)(RULES IN FIRST POST)

Closed Thread

Old
05-21-2013, 11:30 PM
MSPGabe
Born & Bred In Maine

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch View Post
I understand. You're not in the minority. Most will not buy airfare without having their tickets in hand...even if it is 90% certain they will save a significant amount if they wait till day of game. It's human nature.

When the B's lost game 5 to the Canucks in 2011 I couldn't drop the prices for my game 6 tickets fast enough. Price were insane for a while whne game 6 had the possibility of being the clincher at home. I was lucky enough to drop one of my pairs of loges to $1300/per and make it the cheapest pair at the end the Canucks shot twice. They sold within a couple minutes of the Canucks winning game 5. I knew it had to be a Canuck fan that bought em. The next day seats next to them were available for $750. I wasn't surprised to see Canuck fans in the seats at the gam. I gave them my business card...they weren't gonna buy their airfare without their tickets in hand!
Well...I don't buy airfare. Benefit of working for an airline...free flights.

Old
05-22-2013, 02:35 AM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

The walk from Stubhub's MSG office to MSG is honestly worse than you think. I would say its gonna take you 20 minutes from the SH office to your seats (and no less than 15.) 400 level is not even worth going IMO (and I think its worse for hockey and you might not even be able to see both nets) try and get 200 level and a row under 15 if you can those are very good. I doubt they get much cheaper than 300 bucks for a pair after fees for game 4 people will still want to go. Hey, I'd love to go for 60 bucks and a 20 dollar bus and do the trip for a buck and change but I think thats pretty wishful thinking just like expecting game 5 if there is one to be the same. (You won't be able to go Saturday if there is a game for less than 150 each the minute any tickets get to the 130-140 range people will buy them immediately.)

Looch you think either of the Rolling Stones concerts will tank in price closer to the show? I really want to go and sit in the Loge preferably for 200-250 each. (Or under 150 upstairs.)

Old
05-22-2013, 06:27 AM
Tuukka Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by reidy View Post
FWIW I grabbed a pair of game one tickets 10 minutes before puck drop off StubHub for $52 a piece. As of 2 PM that same day the cheapest single was $140. Tickets drop pretty drastically as the game approaches.
That's simply not true. I was on stubhub all day that day and that was never the case. There were always tix under $140. That game had a soft market from the beginning.

Old
05-22-2013, 07:59 AM
5Minutes4Fighting
Killer B's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharaTriedToEatMe View Post
400 level is not even worth going IMO (and I think its worse for hockey and you might not even be able to see both nets)
It's a matter of preference. While 200s are a cleaner view, I sat in 414 last night. Only lost a sliver in the corner behind the net Rangers shot 2x. Had no issue with that.

If the difference in prices is small, then definitely grab the 200s, but as it grows, the 400s become a more realistic option.

And...it's always worth going when your team is playing...especially if they have a chance to set up the handshake line.

Old
05-22-2013, 08:08 AM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Minutes4Fighting View Post
It's a matter of preference. While 200s are a cleaner view, I sat in 414 last night. Only lost a sliver in the corner behind the net Rangers shot 2x. Had no issue with that.

If the difference in prices is small, then definitely grab the 200s, but as it grows, the 400s become a more realistic option.

And...it's always worth going when your team is playing...especially if they have a chance to set up the handshake line.
Oh cool then my fault I remember reading somewhere that in some of them you can't see one goal but that is probably wrong.

Old
05-22-2013, 11:01 AM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharaTriedToEatMe View Post
Looch you think either of the Rolling Stones concerts will tank in price closer to the show? I really want to go and sit in the Loge preferably for 200-250 each. (Or under 150 upstairs.)
I'd say there a decent chance. I bought some for the Fri Chicago show...sold em before the market started declining too bad when they announced the 3rd show. I'd definitely wait to buy em till last minute if I were you.

05-22-2013, 11:11 AM
Sec311Row6

I've got Jay Z and Justin tickets if anyone is looking to go...turns out I can't make the shows

Old
05-22-2013, 11:14 AM
reidy
@reidjjackson

Send a message via AIM to reidy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuukka Time View Post
That's simply not true. I was on stubhub all day that day and that was never the case. There were always tix under $140. That game had a soft market from the beginning.
So you're calling me a liar?

To get 2 tickets that afternoon together was going to run me over $140 a ticket, that's the ****ing reason why I didn't bite the bullet until they dropped about an hour before game time.

Old
05-22-2013, 11:31 AM
Tuukka Time

Quote:

To get 2 tickets that afternoon together was going to run me over $140 a ticket, that's the ****ing reason why I didn't bite the bullet until they dropped about an hour before game time.
Considering that's what suite tix were going for through ticketmaster and referenced on page one of this very thread, I'd say you're either remembering it wrong or you had some filter on your stubhub searches that kept you from seeing certain sections or types of seats. I started my calls to friends over lunch to gauge interest and definitely had access to cheapter tix than that through stuhub or I wouldn't have picked up the phone. I clearly remember seeing tix in the front two rows of the balcony for your price hours before the game. Upper balconies were significantly cheaper.

Old
05-22-2013, 12:33 PM
RBurgundy

Have any of you ever had to provide stubhub with documentation that tickets scanned? They are asking me for that, but my account rep, while he says they did scan, says they cant provide anything in writing saying that did...

Old
05-22-2013, 01:49 PM
NASCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBurgundy View Post
Have any of you ever had to provide stubhub with documentation that tickets scanned? They are asking me for that, but my account rep, while he says they did scan, says they cant provide anything in writing saying that did...
May I ask the back ground of your problem. One of the reasons I generally avoid selling on StubHub is the fear of the buyer saying the tickets never scanned and losing a pissing contest.

Old
05-22-2013, 01:59 PM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Bruins offering Rolling Stone Level 9 tickets for $175.

Trying to figure out if that is a good deal to flip on Stub Hub.

Old
05-22-2013, 02:04 PM
RBurgundy

One of the tickets sold on the exchange, but I never got notification so that one was no good. Stubhub said I can still get paid 2/3rds of the price if I can prove they actually scanned 2 of the tickets... I have no clue how to prove this though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASCL View Post
May I ask the back ground of your problem. One of the reasons I generally avoid selling on StubHub is the fear of the buyer saying the tickets never scanned and losing a pissing contest.

Old
05-22-2013, 02:13 PM
bruins309
Krejci Fight Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post

Aw come on, Morris...don't spit on children!

Er, I mean the elderly.

You'd have to list them at about $210 or so to make money, right? I get the sense that the Stones tix are marked so high that only lowers could command a premium.

I like the level 9 for concerts, but I presume a lot of people don't because you do feel disconnected. Fewer humanoids means a quick trip to the bathroom isn't an ordeal.

Old
05-22-2013, 02:24 PM
Hawgood_38
Season Tix since '97

Quote:
Well, here's a story for you. I have 2 season tickets in the balcony and our friends have 4 tickets right next to us with my sister splitting the season with them. She got 2 of their 4 tickets for the first game after the bombing as she ran the marathon on that Monday as a coach for Children's Hospital and she really wanted to see the opening ceremonies. I got there well over an hour before the puck drop, which was 7:30 that night. Around 6:45 a couple comes in and sits in the seats my sister had for that night.

I asked them if they were in the right section as my sister had those seats (she wasn't there yet obviously). So the woman takes out the tickets and shows them to me. The printouts were actually the seats my sister was supposed to have for that night and had my buddy, who owns the account, name on it. They said they bought them off Stubhub about and hour ago. Confused, I called my buddy to see if he sold them on Stubhub. He said no, so I asked him to call the Bruins to see what's up.

Then I call my sister and she was very close to getting in. I explained that someone had her seats so her's will probably not scan, which they didn't. So my sister goes down to the box office to see what's up. I go back to my seat and the woman shows me the email from stubhub, BUT in the email shows the same seats, same row, but the section was 3 sections over, but when she clicked on the link to the tickets, it pulled up a pdf of my sister's seats. Stubhub gave her a link to the wrong tickets!

So now this very gracious woman calls Stubhub to tell them about the problem, which there initial response was to go sit in the seats she purchased, not the one's they sent her. She explained that now the person who actually has those seats can't get in to the arena. So after a bunch of back and forth, Stubhub finally forwarded her the tickets she bought and she was able to forward them to my sister.

While that was happening, my sister was eventually able to get her ticket rep to give her a couple of random tickets just so she could get in to the arena. This whole process took over 30 minutes, so she was able to get in right after the opening face off, but missed the ceremony, the anthem, etc and was pretty bummed.

Anyway, we still don't know how this screw up happened, but make sure you always double check what you buy from stubhub and what they actually send you. Craziness.

Old
05-22-2013, 03:28 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post

Not a bad public sale price point for the stones. But I don't think they are worth the effort to attempt flipping them. I'd only do it if I had a confirmed buyer lined up at $200-$225/per. I can see them being offered on SH at $150-$175 in a week...obviously a loss after commission.

Old
05-22-2013, 04:15 PM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:
Not a bad public sale price point for the stones. But I don't think they are worth the effort to attempt flipping them. I'd only do it if I had a confirmed buyer lined up at $200-$225/per. I can see them being offered on SH at $150-$175 in a week...obviously a loss after commission.
Yea, plus I think level 9 confuses people.

Old
05-23-2013, 07:32 PM
Mpata

Quote:

Weird, you must have used the computer wrong. I know a lot of people who got them for much cheaper that game.

What are we expecting the ticket prices to be be looking like on Stubhub for game 1 IF they make it that far?

Old
05-23-2013, 10:17 PM
duckchobbins

And so the ticket watch for Saturday begins...2300+ at the moment for those counting at home.

Old
05-23-2013, 10:31 PM
wandk128

Mine sold quick, went at 10:18.

Old
05-23-2013, 11:06 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
And so the ticket watch for Saturday begins...2300+ at the moment for those counting at home.
I believe there was roughly 2,450 at the end of the game. I figured 400-500 wold sell by midnight.

On a related note, an email went out in the last 15 minutes saying STH's would have access to account manager to print game 5 tickets by 10 am tomorrow morning. The majority of all SH listings that say "electronic download" will expire at 1:30 am tomorrow morning. This is because they haven't been uploaded. After 1:30 am if they still say "electronic download" and not "instant download" in green, they are listed by a large seller that has the benefit of being able to list electronic tickets right up till day of game without having them uploaded to SH's servers. All the smaller sellers have to have them uploaded 2 days before the event. So inventory may temporarily take a dip till tomorrow morning when inventory will start to rise once everyone starts uploading them.

In short, if you are monitoring the market, it is going to be a roller coaster for the next 44 hours

Old
05-24-2013, 08:40 AM
duckchobbins

Quote:
I believe there was roughly 2,450 at the end of the game. I figured 400-500 wold sell by midnight.

On a related note, an email went out in the last 15 minutes saying STH's would have access to account manager to print game 5 tickets by 10 am tomorrow morning. The majority of all SH listings that say "electronic download" will expire at 1:30 am tomorrow morning. This is because they haven't been uploaded. After 1:30 am if they still say "electronic download" and not "instant download" in green, they are listed by a large seller that has the benefit of being able to list electronic tickets right up till day of game without having them uploaded to SH's servers. All the smaller sellers have to have them uploaded 2 days before the event. So inventory may temporarily take a dip till tomorrow morning when inventory will start to rise once everyone starts uploading them.

In short, if you are monitoring the market, it is going to be a roller coaster for the next 44 hours
This is critical info man. Inventory dipped way down overnight to 1600. Prices jumped almost 20 bucks as well. I'm still hopeful, I just need to hold my wife back from jumping too early and spending more money than we might have to

Old
05-24-2013, 10:11 AM
NASCL

10:15 and they haven't run my card yet. Must be chaos in there.

Old
05-24-2013, 10:21 AM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdobbins View Post
This is critical info man. Inventory dipped way down overnight to 1600. Prices jumped almost 20 bucks as well. I'm still hopeful, I just need to hold my wife back from jumping too early and spending more money than we might have to
I'd snap up anything you see that works out to about 300 bucks for the pair. Might have to wait until tomorrow morning. Nothing for less than that for a game this big is going to happen. Its a Saturday elimination game I think there are a lot of folks with the same idea as you looking to go for 100 bucks each instead of 200 who will be disappointed that it aint gonna happen.

There is always a bargain basement game or two each playoff run (Tampa series game 2 in 2011 I bought seats in the Loge for 90 bucks each) but Saturday won't be it.

Quote:
10:15 and they haven't run my card yet. Must be chaos in there.
Tickets available for forwarding though at least they kept their word on 10am.

Old
05-24-2013, 10:44 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

I am showing nothing in my account manager. Anyone else having an issue?

Closed Thread