HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Mats Zuccarello-Awesome Part II

Closed Thread

Old
05-20-2013, 04:02 PM
Dagh

vCash: 987
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTrangers View Post
I think it's the whole team that needs to be better. I'd put about a dozen people ahead of him who have bigger contracts, more experience and more expectations who have more to prove. Like another poster stated, it seems all the great offensive plays stem from him or Brass, though Cally looked good yesterday. It's also surprising how often I notice him hustling on the back check.
Sunday's game was the first I've watched in the play-offs, so I can't comment on previous games, but Zuccarello was the first forward home on most plays in that game.

One terrible pass on the PP, I think it was, otherwise I didn't notice him a whole lot.
Anyone know if he got injured late in the game, when he went for a hit, missed and went into the boards?

Old
05-20-2013, 04:53 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagh View Post
Sunday's game was the first I've watched in the play-offs, so I can't comment on previous games, but Zuccarello was the first forward home on most plays in that game.

One terrible pass on the PP, I think it was, otherwise I didn't notice him a whole lot.
Anyone know if he got injured late in the game, when he went for a hit, missed and went into the boards?
Ive watched the entire playoffs and dont notice him too much. Less so as the playoffs have progressed.

..wouldnt know it reading this thread though.

Old
05-20-2013, 06:27 PM
MrKshaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Ive watched the entire playoffs and dont notice him too much. Less so as the playoffs have progressed.

Who is top 3 in PO points?

Old
05-20-2013, 06:35 PM
TollefsenFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKshaker View Post
Brad expensive Richards
Dan -5 Girardi
Brian soft Boyle

Old
05-20-2013, 06:37 PM
mike14

Quote:
Krejci, Malkin and Crosby........

Old
05-20-2013, 07:18 PM
NickyFotiu

Quote:
I think he is actually 2nd on the team with 6 points in 9 playoff games. Considering he is one of the lowest paid Rangers I think Zooks has given us more than our moneys worth.

Old
05-20-2013, 07:43 PM
Idlerlee
Always play Richards

vCash: 387
Its hard to argue that his contributions hasn't been significant. But he hasn't been *that* visible the past 2 games, even tho he got a assist last game, that goal was really all Nash.

I hope he, as well as most of the team will be able to step up the game at home and provide some happy feelings for the PGT

Old
05-20-2013, 08:06 PM
NickyFotiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idlerlee View Post
Its hard to argue that his contributions hasn't been significant. But he hasn't been *that* visible the past 2 games, even tho he got a assist last game, that goal was really all Nash.

I hope he, as well as most of the team will be able to step up the game at home and provide some happy feelings for the PGT
Zooks made the kind of nice chip pass that other teams use against us to break out with speed. I agree the goal was all Nash but if Zooks does the traditional Torts only up the wall that play never happens.

Old
05-21-2013, 12:10 AM
TigerJack

I agree, that he hasnīt been that visible in the last two games, as mostly none of the Rangers. But you can still see that on the PP, he is by far the best player. Last game he had a tremendous pass to Richards who of course couldnt handle it on a point black scoring chance.

He is second in points after 9 playoff games. Says the most.

Old
05-21-2013, 11:01 AM
SnowblindNYR

Zucc has played better than probably all our forwards other than Brassard offensively. What the **** are you guys expecting from a guy with limited NHL experience who wasn't a top pick?

Old
05-21-2013, 03:10 PM
NickyFotiu

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Zucc has played better than probably all our forwards other than Brassard offensively. What the **** are you guys expecting from a guy with limited NHL experience who wasn't a top pick?
I agree with you. 2nd in playoff points on the team despite not playing top line minutes on a minimum contract is not bad at all.

Before we signed him some detractors said he was not a .5ppg player. Zooks then proved once again that he was a .5ppg player in the regular season with 8 points in 15 games.

Then after going scoreless in the first playoff game a detractor implied he was only effective against non playoff teams. Then Zooks scored 6 points in the next 8 playoff games.

It seems the bar has gotten moved a few times to put the kid down.

Old
05-21-2013, 03:49 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:

You may have not noticed him much, but he is still 2nd in team in pts and first in team in Corsi RelQOC.

Old
05-21-2013, 05:43 PM
usernamesteph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
You may have not noticed him much, but he is still 2nd in team in pts and first in team in Corsi RelQOC.
i think that guy is the lone remaining zucc hater

he's probably just mad his first instincts were wrong and refuses to admit it so he carries on about :not noticing" him

Old
05-21-2013, 06:02 PM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
It would help if he watched the game with his eyes open. I mean, if anyone watching these games "hasn't noticed Zuccarello much" then they're either distracted or biased.

Old
05-21-2013, 06:10 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by usernamesteph View Post
i think that guy is the lone remaining zucc hater

he's probably just mad his first instincts were wrong and refuses to admit it so he carries on about :not noticing" him
I dont hate Zuccarello. I've been watching the Rangers for two and a half decades and dont think I ever hated a player. Whats the point?

Doesnt mean I really like Zuccarello. I think hes kinda meh, and dont think he deserves as much conversation as he gets.

Old
05-21-2013, 06:42 PM
usernamesteph

Quote:
I dont hate Zuccarello. I've been watching the Rangers for two and a half decades and dont think I ever hated a player. Whats the point?

Doesnt mean I really like Zuccarello. I think hes kinda meh, and dont think he deserves as much conversation as he gets.
your thoughts arent based on reality

Old
05-21-2013, 07:46 PM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

Quote:

He delivers where others fail (ie. Nash, Richards, Stepan, Callahan)

05-21-2013, 10:37 PM
Glennsoe
Horndog

12 mins ice time and a -2 rating..

Not a good night for the zukester..

Old
05-22-2013, 03:15 AM
TigerJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
12 mins ice time and a -2 rating..

Not a good night for the zukester..
Didnīt watch the game last night. Was he to blame for any of the two goals?

Old
05-22-2013, 04:25 AM
LaGu

What are people really expecting of Zuccarello? For him to be a St Louis?

Zuccarello at this point is a value player. Value players are crucial on any team but especially when you have several high cap-hitters on your team. The Rangers are lucky enough to have more than a few of those (Hagelin, Stepan, Zuccarello, McDonagh).

Zuccarello is the lowest paid player on your roster and has seemingly no problem in holding on to his roster spot. His performance has been really good sometimes and decent sometimes. This should be appreciated by all Rangers supporters.

Old
05-22-2013, 05:29 AM
SKS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaGu View Post
What are people really expecting of Zuccarello? For him to be a St Louis?

Zuccarello at this point is a value player. Value players are crucial on any team but especially when you have several high cap-hitters on your team. The Rangers are lucky enough to have more than a few of those (Hagelin, Stepan, Zuccarello, McDonagh).

Zuccarello is the lowest paid player on your roster and has seemingly no problem in holding on to his roster spot. His performance has been really good sometimes and decent sometimes. This should be appreciated by all Rangers supporters.
very much agree with this, except... I truly believe him to be, if not a st louis, a much improved zucc in a couple of years - Someone who will make an impact every single game.. the guy has less than a full NHL-season under his belt, and is already a key player IMO. He shows long stints of brilliance, and his invisible flashes become more and more rare.

I think we have a player we will truly come to love in the years, especially if we hire a skill first head coach at some point.

Well, unless they screw up and send him back to the KHL.

Old
05-22-2013, 06:00 AM
Ola

Next thread must be Mats Suckarello-Awful.

I think Zucc has underperformed, and especially on the PP, against Boston.

Old
05-22-2013, 06:23 AM
Dagh

vCash: 987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post

I've only seen Sunday's game, but for that one, I was hoping for something more from him too.

That's not to say I'm trying to pin the loss on him, or that there aren't other players who should have stepped up before him or that I don't see him as a player to sign for next year though.
It's just that his performance in earlier games has raised my expectations of him beyond what his pay, experience or stature might suggest.

Old
05-22-2013, 06:40 AM
NikC

Marty St.Louis he is not. Not sure how he can hang in either the top or bottom six. He would have to make vast improvement in the offseason and play with linemates that can protect him.

In the handss of an intelligent, creative coach he could make it....

Not under this regime

Old
05-22-2013, 07:14 AM
SixGoalieSystem
Eat all the bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post

He had a real stinker last night. I wonder if he's starting to feel fatigued after a long season. He had a few injuries this season in russia, but still played 44 regular season games and 7 playoff games before going off to a short training camp with the national team and then heading to the US.

It didn't show up vs Washington, but the Bruins physical play seems to have him overmatched.

That being said I thought he was better when he came back from the fourth line to the second in the third. His line actually came close to doing something.

Closed Thread