HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

WCSF Game 4: Kings lose to Sharks 2-1

Old
05-22-2013, 02:22 AM
damacles1156

vCash: 500
As bad as people want to see a fourth line of the Kids....

Not going to happen, even in that train wreck of a game Toffoli only got 13 shifts and 9:00 mins of ice time.

And Toffoli is very good in his own end and is on a line with Lewis(best defensive forward not named Kopitar/Stoll).

Kings are not going to do that.

Also god help them if they got stuck out on the ice against Burns/Thorton line.

That would be Men vs Boys.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 02:31 AM
damacles1156

Watching the DVR, one thing that turned the Game around was the Kings stopped giving the Sharks the Blue line.

The Kings started standing up, and not letting the Sharks enter the zone without getting hit.

Need more of that please.

Also Colin Fraser may have played himself out of a job. This year he stopped doing what made him a good fourth line player.

Wouldn't be surprised if he gets moved in the off season or waived.

Nolan and King will both be fighting for their NHL spots in camp.

I am sure Andy A, is going to take someones spot.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 03:33 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
As bad as people want to see a fourth line of the Kids....

Not going to happen, even in that train wreck of a game Toffoli only got 13 shifts and 9:00 mins of ice time.

And Toffoli is very good in his own end and is on a line with Lewis(best defensive forward not named Kopitar/Stoll).

Kings are not going to do that.

Also god help them if they got stuck out on the ice against Burns/Thorton line.

That would be Men vs Boys.
It would be literally be men vs boys. But Idk st. Louis did that pretty well last round with boys.

I don't know I think it'd be cool to see an ahl line with chemistry with adrenaline replace our 4th for the hell of it. Just a fun thing to see. The optimist in me says they'd do good with that adrenaline.

At the end of the day I just want to See this team play with energy.

Last edited by KingKopitar11*: 05-22-2013 at 03:56 AM.
KingKopitar11* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 04:41 AM
Richie10

I think we should all just come to grips with the fact that Dustin Brown played completely and totally over his head last season in the playoffs. He has never been close to a PPG player and never will be, yet his stat line was on another planet last year.

He's just not that good. Yes, he hits and he's a good leader and really sets the tone for the rest of the team, but if you're counting on Brown to put up points you're barking up the wrong tree. His average post season run should look something like: 25gp, 7 goals, 10 assists.

Kopitar, sure, bark up that tree all you want. He needs to be producing. But Brown just isn't that good offensively.

Just really unlucky in HP Pavilion these past two games. It sucks, and it's upsetting, but it is what it is. I also don't know why SJ fans are running their mouths at every opportunity now. Yes, you have won your home games and now the series is 2-2.

But I guess avoiding another collapse is a victory in itself in the ol' Shark tank.

Richie10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 04:42 AM
SC2008

Sharks Fan - I come in peace.

Shame you guys got screwed on the no-goal.

Sharks scored a similar goal against vancouver, game 2, where it trickled between Luongo. I remember turning to my bro saying I was surprised the refs didn't blow the early whistle.

Unfortunately, this game, they did.

Love winning, but not when the refs are deciding it. You still have home ice, here's to better reffing the rest of the way.

SC2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 04:44 AM
Richie10

Oh, and #freeamart

Richie10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 06:32 AM
takk

So, who's secretly waiting for a dramatic reading of a sad Hfboards Kings fan video?

takk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 06:32 AM
kinghock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
I'm not blaming anything on Muzzin, but why isn't Amart being paired up with Greene?

Come on DS!!! Get your **** together!!!
Because he was horrible in game two of this series.

kinghock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 06:36 AM
kinghock

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
Watching the DVR, one thing that turned the Game around was the Kings stopped giving the Sharks the Blue line. The Kings started standing up, and not letting the Sharks enter the zone without getting hit. Need more of that please. Also Colin Fraser may have played himself out of a job. This year he stopped doing what made him a good fourth line player. Wouldn't be surprised if he gets moved in the off season or waived. Nolan and King will both be fighting for their NHL spots in camp. I am sure Andy A, is going to take someones spot.
Fraser and Richardson should not play…

kinghock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 07:14 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5792
Better figure out how to score more than 1 goal per game on the road.

There is no reason Martinez is not playing at this point. Why change up defense pairings when then team was winning? And apparently unable to score on the road.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 08:09 AM
kovacro
"Jazz Hands" by Alec

Hope they can bottle that 3rd period effort and bring it back home for Thursday and play a complete 60 minute game.

I would like to see the Kings be more aggressive on guys like Boyle and Stuart. They need to knock them around any chance they get. I don't think we have seen enough of this.

Please keep Penner on the 2nd line, he has earned it, I liked his game last night.

Obviously Stoll is a huge loss but for the love of God can no one else win draws? I think this is an area in the offseason the Kings need to address by bringing in another guy who is face-off proficient (eg. Smithson ~ Edmonton). He is a good bottom 6 guy and does very well on draws. Sub him in for Fraser.

The good news if it goes 7 at least 2 of the next 3 are at home. Credit to the Sharks as they did what they had to do by winning both in the Skank Tank. We almost got a split even thought the effort was sub par in both games.

I still like our chances in this series. Good to see Greene back in the lineup I am just worried that he is a step behind due to playing limited hockey this year.

Go Kings Go!

kovacro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 09:16 AM
TonySCV
One More Time

Meh.. it's going to be a home ice series. Kings didn't help the cause by not being ready to play, but I think everyone at the start of the series would take a 2-2 split after 4 and would gladly take Kings in 7 given how strong both teams are at home and how abysmal both teams are on the road.

Greene back helps the blue line tremendously. 2 of the next 3 games are at home. It's only panic time for the home team when the home team loses.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 09:19 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
I think the home team will win each game. Not inspired at all by the top line. Williams highlight of the series is getting hit by a truck, the guy plays solely on the perimeter right now and isn't entering the dirty parts of the ice. Brown has regressed to what he once was, invisible for the majority of the game, falls down when he makes contact and Kopitar looks like he's smoking in the hallways in between shifts. Step it up.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 09:41 AM
onlyalad

I am not usually one to blame the refs. Good teams overcome bad refs. However if not for a few iffy calls Kings could have won all four games. On the flip side it could also be 3-1 Sharks

Kings win 2 of the next 3 or I stop drinking beer for a month

Ok a week

onlyalad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 09:41 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

The pressure is on the Kings now. They need Kopitar to slow Thornton down. Thornton is obviously the key to the series for San Jose.

It's probably time to put Penner back with Richards and Carter, even though he has played well with Lewis.

The Torres for Stoll trade really hurts the Kings ability to control play. I am sure he would have been out there against Thornton some of the time.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 09:54 AM
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
I think the home team will win each game. Not inspired at all by the top line. Williams highlight of the series is getting hit by a truck, the guy plays solely on the perimeter right now and isn't entering the dirty parts of the ice. Brown has regressed to what he once was, invisible for the majority of the game, falls down when he makes contact and Kopitar looks like he's smoking in the hallways in between shifts. Step it up.

This. The first line is playing like garbage. Not sure if SJ are just doing a great job of taking them off their game or they've just lost their mojo. If it's both then kiss this series goodbye.

Nolan, King, Fraser, Martinez all were GREAT last year in the playoffs and we dominated. This year they're not really worthy of being in the lineup and poor DS has had to put in Toffoli and Pearson to scare the **** out of them and it hasn't worked.

You really need a healthy team firing on pretty much all cylinders to win a cup and I just don't see it with this team despite the fact that Doughty, Richards and Quick are doing everything they ****ing can.

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 09:58 AM
TonySCV
One More Time

Interestingly, Kings are 10-26 in game fours all-time. Obviously given the Kings so rarely have home ice advantage, most of those games were at home.

Sharks are 16-14 in game fours.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 10:13 AM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyalad View Post
I am not usually one to blame the refs. Good teams overcome bad refs. However if not for a few iffy calls Kings could have won all four games. On the flip side it could also be 3-1 Sharks
... and if not for Voynov and Toffoli, the Kings would be teeing off in a few minutes.

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 10:26 AM
KingPuckChoo

i just thought of something!!! can tarot readers predict the outcome of Thursday's game by reading my palm??? there's this african old african man with a turban that charges $10 for 10 minutes

KingPuckChoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 10:43 AM
Ollie Weeks

As bad as we look out there and as good as San Jose looks, they're having just as much trouble with the offense as us. That's a good thing moving forward I'd say.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 11:20 AM
chimrichalds18
the key

I think Sutter needs to change up the lines with Kopitar, Richards, and Carter each centering one. They can't sit around and wait for the Williams/Kopitar/Brown line to put it together. Richards and Carter played on separate lines in Philadelphia, no reason they can't here. Maybe they'll get some of their teammates going.

chimrichalds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 11:21 AM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
San Jose is flying, we're largely playing like ****, and the series is 2-2. Find that extra gear, and we win.

I don't think anyone really expected it to be anything BUT tied at this point. Hooray for home ice advantage--make it COUNT

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 11:26 AM
Knight of the Realm
Champs Again!

Thoughts from the light of day.

The series has been relatively even and is a long way from being over. Gonna put the last four games out of my head and look at it as a best 2/3.

Quick makes anything possible for LA. Hoping home line match ups will be that edge that gets the Kings offense going.

Sharks played a great couple of home games and Thornton has gone beast mode. However even with that, their victories have been by slim margins with iffy calls and they are not racking up the goals either even when outplaying the Kings. Same could be said about LA's victories too I guess.

IF LA can bring it for a full 60 minutes, I like their chances.

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 11:26 AM
Scrivezina
AMart Jazz Hands!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghock View Post
Fraser and Richardson should not play…
Fraser should play only if he gets back to hitting and agitating. LA is not pushing these guys around. We really need someone to start some scrums when they are near their goalie and someone protect quick....

Scrivezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 11:28 AM
Mats26
Cup Champs

We need to look back after game 2 of the Blues series. Down 2 games to 0 and everyone thought the Blues would take us out. Kings are in better shape this time around with home ice and Clifford-Green back. We saw the best of SJ already, we are taking this series in 6.

Mats26 is offline   Reply With Quote