HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rumors and Speculation Thread #5 (June 8: Bob McKenzie's rumors [page 27])

Closed Thread

Old
05-22-2013, 08:34 AM
Jack de la Hoya

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Number 28 View Post
I don't mind the PHX proposal but my eye is on OEL if Couts is traded. I know he's untouchable

Couts, Ghost, 11th overall (Risto or offense), 2014 2nd
for
OEL, 2014 1st (Our year in hosting)

Hartnell-G-Voracek
Simmonds-Schenn-Read
Gagne-Laughton-Akeson/XXX
Rinaldo-Talbot-XXX

Timonen-Schenn
OEL-Coburn
Grossman-Gustafsson

Team looks really young. Would probably want a veteran on the third line with Gagne; not named Knuble.
OEL is among the more valuable young players in the NHL. He simply can't be had for a package with Couturier as its most valuable piece--let alone one in which PHX also gives up a 1st...

Old
05-22-2013, 08:35 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
I don't mind the PHX proposal but my eye is on OEL if Couts is traded. I know he's untouchable

for

Hartnell-G-Voracek
Simmonds-Schenn-Read
Rinaldo-Talbot-XXX

Timonen-Schenn
OEL-Coburn
Grossman-Gustafsson

Team looks really young. Would probably want a veteran on the third line with Gagne; not named Knuble.
Pipe dream for sure, but Maloney said at the deadline that every player has a price except doan. He would never trade him. So there's a chance!

Old
05-22-2013, 08:47 AM
dawkins121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
I think there's a lot to this. Look at Laviolette's team in Carolina. No real franchise-caliber #1 there.

...though they had Cam Ward playing like a god through most of that playoff run...
And Cam Ward has been very average ever since. That goes back to my other philosophy that having a true "Number 1 franchise goalie" is pointless unless you have a generational talent. Platoon two decent talents and try to ride the hot hand. If you have two decent options to choose you A. avoid all the goalie controversies that accompany the struggles of any "undisputed" #1 starter (inevitible since goalie performance comes in hot streaks and cold streaks for almost everyone) B. avoid overpaying for a goalie and C. have options if/when your current starter goes cold down the stretch. That way the whole team doesn't go down with the ship like the Canadiens this year when Price struggled or almost the Penguins with Fleury.

Old
05-22-2013, 09:13 AM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Knowing GMDM, he'd definitely ask for no less than Giroux if Philly inquired about OEL. And I think this conversation about OEL should end there.

Old
05-22-2013, 09:13 AM
feedingschennzy

Quote:

for

Hartnell-G-Voracek
Simmonds-Schenn-Read
Rinaldo-Talbot-XXX

Timonen-Schenn
OEL-Coburn
Grossman-Gustafsson

Take out the first on Phoenix's end, and maybe modify our deal just slightly and I think phoenix looks very long and hard at that package. There is likely their #2 maybe #1
center, a great draft pick, and a second and decent prospect. If they commit to more or a rebuild that deal still might make sense

Old
05-22-2013, 09:24 AM
Rolex

I think that until Phoenix gets its ownership situation under control, its going to be hard for them to make any huge moves. Trading away OEL doesn't make the franchise more attractive to a potential buyer.
On another front, this Sharks-Kings series clearly underlines the fact that the Ducks need a guy like Hartnell up front if they are going to compete in the West. They really have to get more of an edge to their team. Ryan is a nice player for them but they need more than what he offers them right now. The same goes with Coburn. His strength on their blue line would be more of an asset than having Sbisa back there.

Old
05-22-2013, 09:32 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
I wish they would just move the Coyotes already. No offense to any of their fans, but it's stupid ot keep them there

Old
05-22-2013, 09:37 AM
dawkins121

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
I wish they would just move the Coyotes already. No offense to any of their fans, but it's stupid ot keep them there
Contract Phoenix and Florida, move the Lightning to Seattle, put Columbus and Detroit in the NorthEast and Carolina and Washington in the Atlantic. Boom. 4 divisions that actually have the same number of teams, a deeper talent pool, and no stupid traveling from Miami to Ottawa for a division game.

Old
05-22-2013, 09:41 AM
klikkar

Didn't know where to put it, but Jake was just in traffic accident, he had to emergency brake and ended up hitting tree, he's fine, but his ferrari is totaled.

Will let you know if there is any other news.

Old
05-22-2013, 09:52 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by klikkar View Post
Didn't know where to put it, but Jake was just in traffic accident, he had to emergency brake and ended up hitting tree, he's fine, but his ferrari is totaled.

Will let you know if there is any other news.

Jeeeeeeeeeeeze

Old
05-22-2013, 09:53 AM
I Am Number 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPreferPi View Post
Knowing GMDM, he'd definitely ask for no less than Giroux if Philly inquired about OEL. And I think this conversation about OEL should end there.
Yeah I'd expect that response back from GMDM. But you know our response to that as well

Old
05-22-2013, 10:01 AM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Yeah I'd expect that response back from GMDM. But you know our response to that as well
Indeed. Let's just keep both fanbases happy and keep the status quo when it comes to our current face of the franchise players. :-)

Old
05-22-2013, 10:50 AM
Krishna

vCash: 50
Expect Burmistrov to be traded this summer

Old
05-22-2013, 10:57 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
Expect Burmistrov to be traded this summer
I'm almost positive I said this earlier in the offseason and it was disputed. Or maybe it was niño. Or maybe both lol. All I know is that his isn't reall happy up there. He was in the doghouse for most of the year and playing 4th line minutes. Flyers should see what the asking price is

Old
05-22-2013, 11:00 AM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
I'm almost positive I said this earlier in the offseason and it was disputed. Or maybe it was niño. Or maybe both lol. All I know is that his isn't reall happy up there. He was in the doghouse for most of the year and playing 4th line minutes. Flyers should see what the asking price is
WPG newspaper said that he doesn't want to re-sign and doesnt want to go to the KHL, so he's probably on his way out.

And I think you said it about niño, but I dont think he gets traded this summer.

As for Burmistrov to PHI? I don't think it works unless we move two of Couturier, Schenn, or Laughton to the wing or deal one or two of them

Old
05-22-2013, 11:20 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawkins121 View Post
Contract Phoenix and Florida, move the Lightning to Seattle, put Columbus and Detroit in the NorthEast and Carolina and Washington in the Atlantic. Boom. 4 divisions that actually have the same number of teams, a deeper talent pool, and no stupid traveling from Miami to Ottawa for a division game.
Canada

Old
05-22-2013, 11:21 AM
JayB

How about package deal?

Kane+Byfuglien to Philly
Couturier+1st to Winnipeg

FORWARDS
Evander Kane ($5.250m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Jakub Voracek ($4.250m)
Scott Hartnell ($4.750m) / Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Wayne Simmonds ($3.975m)
Ryane Clowe/Brendan Morrow/Nathan Horton/Jarome Iginla ($5.000m) / Scott Laughton ($1.107m) / Matt Read ($0.900m)
Zac Rinaldo ($0.750m) / Maxime Talbot ($1.750m) / Jay Rosehill ($0.675m) /

DEFENSEMEN
Kimmo Timonen ($6.000m) / Dustin Byfuglien ($5.200m)
Braydon Coburn ($4.500m) / Luke Schenn ($3.600m)
Erik Gustafsson ($1.201m) / Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m)
GOALTENDERS
Ilya Bryzgalov ($5.667m)
Steve Mason ($1.500m)

------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $66,533,833; BONUSES: $2,350,000
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $116,167

Old
05-22-2013, 11:22 AM
Krishna

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayB View Post
How about package deal?

Kane+Byfuglien to Philly

FORWARDS
Evander Kane ($5.250m) / Claude Giroux ($3.750m) / Jakub Voracek ($4.250m)
Scott Hartnell ($4.750m) / Brayden Schenn ($3.110m) / Wayne Simmonds ($3.975m)
Ryane Clowe/Brendan Morrow/Nathan Horton/Jarome Iginla ($4.000m) / Scott Laughton ($1.107m) / Matt Read ($0.900m)
Zac Rinaldo ($0.750m) / Matt Hendricks ($1.000m) / Maxime Talbot ($1.750m)
Jay Rosehill ($0.675m) /

DEFENSEMEN
Kimmo Timonen ($6.000m) / Dustin Byfuglien ($5.200m)
Braydon Coburn ($4.500m) / Luke Schenn ($3.600m)
Erik Gustafsson ($1.201m) / Nicklas Grossmann ($3.500m)
GOALTENDERS
Ilya Bryzgalov ($5.667m)
Steve Mason ($1.500m)

------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $66,533,833; BONUSES: $2,350,000
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $116,167
WPG laughs at that

Old
05-22-2013, 11:23 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayB View Post
How about package deal?

Kane+Byfuglien to Philly

Comeonman.

That wouldn't even work in NHL13!

For both Buff and Kane, you'd be looking at two of Couturier, Schenn, and Voracek, plus either a defenseman or our 1st, I'd think.

Old
05-22-2013, 11:23 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Islanders and Jets should just make a Niederreiter for Burmistrov deal and be done with it.

Old
05-22-2013, 12:10 PM
Tripod

Quote:
Yotes fan coming in peace. Wanted to see what you guys would think of Vermette + Gormley for Couturier.
hey now...you are stealing my trade offer I gave you.

Old
05-22-2013, 12:15 PM
IPreferPi
A Nonny Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
hey now...you are stealing my trade offer I gave you.
Hahaha, of course I'll give you full credit (and surprised it took you this long to post about it here). But just running with it like the wind

Old
05-22-2013, 12:22 PM
Tripod

Quote:
Hahaha, of course I'll give you full credit (and surprised it took you this long to post about it here). But just running with it like the wind
Well...I am at work so it did take a little longer than usual. Personally, I like the deal. And the fact that fans of both teams say it's a good deal, but a tough one to do, proves it more. Maybe you should post the deal in the trade section and get other fans opinions on it.

Old
05-22-2013, 12:45 PM
BernieParent

For the moment – and to say I'm bipolar in the off-season when it comes to trades and team direction would be about 17 poles short – I'm thinking a lot about previous mention of Read to Nashville for Blum. It's a low-level deal that keeps the Flyers' principal young talent intact and brings in a player who has a high ceiling as a PMD.

I think Read for Blum is in the neighbourhood of fair, with a bit of an advantage to Nashville. Read is a UFA after next season, and I foresee (like many others) that he will be looking for / deserve a big pay raise. Blum is an RFA right now on a $650,000 salary, and can be resigned to a reasonable salary for the next few years.

There are 3 options available to address defense:
  • Overpay (trading assets and/or salary) an established defenseman, if you can strike a deal, that is
  • Draft a prospective #1-2 Dman and be patient while he develops
  • Land a player who is on the cusp of breaking out

Holmgren took a mighty swing for the fences at #1 last off-season and we know how that worked out. I think that was probably the team's best shot at a legitimate #1 defender. Obviously, Blum would hopefully be in the third category, and keeping the 11th pick will arguably increase the odds of getting #2 done as well.

Doing this deal would give the team 3 very good (on paper) pairings, without a single one standing out as the true top D line:
Blum – Coburn
Timonen – Schenn
Gustafsson – Grossmann

The two biggest variables are Blum and Gus; whoever plays better sees more ice time.

This scenario also obviously entails moving Meszaros.

Of course, we all know how this would work out: Nashville trades Blum for Read, then – in a revenge move and to the applause of the hockey universe – offer-sheets Blum. Holmgren turns the tables by letting Blum return to Nashville and happily accepting the multiple draft picks for him, thereby building a dynasty franchise within 3-4 years.

Old
05-22-2013, 12:52 PM
Prongo
Beer

If we are trading Read to Nashville for Blum, I want a little more than just that. Blum has been very unimpressive in his short stints with the club and has had trouble playing. Not saying the + has to be huge, but it should be something. They will be getting a 40-50 point player for a disappointment? I need more than that.

Closed Thread