HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Brad Richards

Old
05-21-2013, 09:40 PM
Joey Bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDZ View Post
The thing is, Sather will manage to find a taker for Richards..and even get a solid return. But after that he'll use the new found cap space to sign up some other underachieving UFA to a jumbo contract. Us Ranger fans have to witness this cycle every other year
agreed sadly . wish it wasn't true

Joey Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 11:43 PM
ReimerIsFuture
Rookie User

Players do improve in Toronto. Not in all cases, but they do sometimes. People just hop on the bandwagon because the Leafs were horrible since Sundin, Tucker, Domi, Mogilny, Roberts, Belfour left the team. Toronto is a MUCH more attractive place now. Just check the standings and how well some of our players have been this past season or two.

Reimer has been outstanding, JVR has proved his Philadelphia team way wrong, Kadri is coming to fruition, we made the playoffs, we can be competitive with all teams in the league, etc! Now I don't EXPECT Richards to sign here, heck I'm not sure I even want him, but if there were any kind of interest I'd be happy to sign him on a cheap contract for 2 years maximum. He's not the coveted big top centre we need, so there's no rush in taking him. But if there were some interest, I might give him a chance. FOR CHEAP.

ReimerIsFuture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 11:55 PM
backofthefridge

this guy flat out sucks. i've never seen such a good hockey player decline so quickly. it's a shame he didn't play anywhere during the lockout because he never found his game this year despite all the opportunities torts handed him.

he can't win faceoffs and he isn't great defensively, so when he isn't playing like a 1st or 2nd line center he is completely useless as a hockey player. when he gets the puck he either loses control, turns it over, or falls down -- usually all three at once somehow.

maybe he can turn it around with a strong offseason, but at this point it's hard to see that happening. if i'm a GM and he gets bought out, i only go after him if i can get him very cheap.

backofthefridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 01:17 AM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
The thing is, Sather will manage to find a taker for Richards..and even get a solid return. But after that he'll use the new found cap space to sign up some other underachieving UFA to a jumbo contract. Us Ranger fans have to witness this cycle every other year
Don't you cry about it. You got McDonagh and Brassard because of that.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 06:34 AM
KEEROLE Vatanen
Failures Of Fenwick

i think it would be hilarious, if after that gongshow he and newport sports pulled when he was UFA, that he'd be bought out 2 years later

KEEROLE Vatanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 06:39 AM
boredmale

I am guessing the Rangers will hold on to him for at least 1 more year and decide then if they should use Amnesty

boredmale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 06:51 AM
dallas stars 1999

That's karma for you. He screwed Dallas over. Yes, we had ownership problems, but to not let the team trade you to a team of your choosing is bad karma. Maybe now the Rangers will think first before over spending. Yes, I would take him back in Dallas, but for much less than he getting. His best years were in Dallas.

Last edited by dallas stars 1999: 05-23-2013 at 05:31 AM.
dallas stars 1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 08:16 AM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas stars 1999 View Post
His best years were in Dallas.
Well there was that whole winning the Conn Smythe thing in Tampa. lol

boredmale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 08:26 AM
pld459666

vCash: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
I am guessing the Rangers will hold on to him for at least 1 more year and decide then if they should use Amnesty
Not after this season/PO's.

The Rangers can afford it financially, but they cannot afford it production wise to hate that kind of coin tied into a player producing at a 50 point clip.

He provides nothing else. No physical play, on defensive awareness. The leadership issue is held down by Callahan.

Richards, if not providing a point a game average or 4 points every 5 games, is an albatross that needs to get got.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 09:45 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Before the new CBA, i might have agreed. I think you may find yourself in a similar position as Van with Luongo. Lu is still playing very well and they couldn't give away that contract.....with Richards playing as he has, you really think Sather will get a solid return?

Liferleafer is online now   Reply With Quote