HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

2014 - Sweden Roster Discussion

Closed Thread

Old
05-21-2013, 11:40 AM
Peter The Great

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinkis View Post
Lander? MPS? Are you guys kidding?

Who should they replace?

+ Hagelin, Stålberg, Backlund, Nyquist, Andersson
They are more long shots, dark horses or whatever you would like to call them. First they need to breakthrough in their hometeam.

Not likely, but could happen. I would like some speed and energy from at least a couple of young guns.

Old
05-21-2013, 02:51 PM
LaGu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinkis View Post
Lander? MPS? Are you guys kidding?

Who should they replace?

+ Hagelin, Stålberg, Backlund, Nyquist, Andersson
Not kidding at all, but I guess it depends on what you are reading in the posts. What was said was that they are not there as of now, and not really close, but if they manage to step up and play a great 1/2 season they could join the group of players fighting for the last forward spots. Of the players you list you have Zibanejab, Silfverberg, Hagelin, Backlund, Stalberg, and a few more who I could see "drop down" for what-ever reason. I obviously hope they keep playing well but they are players who I wouldn't call locks on an Olympic roster so I chose to speculate with others. I singled out Paajarvi and Lander since both of them have improved a lot this season and none of them mind to take back seat roles on their team if necessary.

I know it's very hypothetical, but in the end the roster for 2014 is also very hypothetical so I will take the liberty of speculating on how certain players will (or could) perform in the fall of 2013.

Last edited by LaGu: 05-21-2013 at 03:08 PM.
Old
05-21-2013, 05:37 PM
Fork

man, sweden has killer D and G

Old
05-21-2013, 05:54 PM
KRM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffman View Post
Don't want any of them and I think Lander has always been overrated, he is a very average player to my eyes. Hagelin, Johansson, Zibanejad, Stalberg, Kruger, Silfverberg, Steen, Berglund, Landeskog and Hornqvist are all better options in my mind.
Agree, I think Nyquist and Andersson are ahead of them as well.

Old
05-21-2013, 07:36 PM
Darth Yoda

vCash: 593
Edlers suspension if it stands certainly makes an upset selection on D very possible, at least if say Enstrom gets injured yet another time. Edler is not a lock on the team as we all know, but certainly only a call away if one of our offensive D's gets injured. If not for the suspension.

Old
05-22-2013, 09:52 AM
jfc64

Gunnar Nordström, Expressen, picked his Olympic Games team: (He might replace Oduya with Hedman later on) http://www.expressen.se/sport/hockey...onors-dromlag/

Niklas Kronwall och Jonathan Ericsson, båda Detroit.

Daniel Sedin, Henrik Sedin, Vancouver, Loui Eriksson, Dallas.

Erik Karlsson, Ottawa och Alexander Edler, Vancouver.

Henrik Zetterberg, Detroit, Nicklas Bäckström, Washington, Johan Franzén, Detroit.

Erik Gustafsson, Philadelphia, Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Phoenix.

Alexander Steen, St. Louis, Patrik Berglund, St. Louis, Daniel Alfredsson, Ottawa.

Niklas Hjalmarsson, Johnny Oduya, Chicago.

Carl Hagelin, NY Rangers, Marcus Krüger, Chicago, Gabriel Landeskog, Colorado.

EXTRAS:

Jacob Markström, Florida, Viktor Fasth, Anaheim.

Tobias Enström, Winnipeg, Jonas Brodin, Minnesota, Staffan Kronwall, Jaroslav, Adam Larsson, New Jersey, Anston Strålman, NY Rangers, Henrik Tallinder, New Jersey.

Joakim Andersson, Detroit, Jimmie Ericsson, Skellefteå, Patric Hörnqvist, Nashville, Marcus Johansson, Washington, Gustav Nyquist, Detroit, Jakob Silfverberg, Ottawa, Joel Lundqvist, Frölunda.

Old
05-22-2013, 10:15 AM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfc64 View Post
Gunnar Nordström, Expressen, picked his Olympic Games team: .

Mårts will pick this team:

Sedin - Sedin - Loui
Zetterberg - Bäckström - Franzen
Thörnberg - Persson (c) - Danielsson
Axelsson - Järnkrok - Hjalmarsson

Gustavsson - Tallinder
Kronwall - Kronwall
Hjalmarsson - Magnus Johansson

Enroth (starter)
Lundqvist
Markstrom

Old
05-22-2013, 02:39 PM
Berglund1313

Would be nice to see a 4th line

Paajarvi Johansson hagelin that would be a nice speedy line

Old
05-22-2013, 02:44 PM
danyhabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfc64 View Post
Gunnar Nordström, Expressen, picked his Olympic Games team: (He might replace Oduya with Hedman later on) http://www.expressen.se/sport/hockey...onors-dromlag/

Niklas Kronwall och Jonathan Ericsson, båda Detroit.

Daniel Sedin, Henrik Sedin, Vancouver, Loui Eriksson, Dallas.

Erik Karlsson, Ottawa och Alexander Edler, Vancouver.

Henrik Zetterberg, Detroit, Nicklas Bäckström, Washington, Johan Franzén, Detroit.

Erik Gustafsson, Philadelphia, Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Phoenix.

Alexander Steen, St. Louis, Patrik Berglund, St. Louis, Daniel Alfredsson, Ottawa.

Niklas Hjalmarsson, Johnny Oduya, Chicago.

Carl Hagelin, NY Rangers, Marcus Krüger, Chicago, Gabriel Landeskog, Colorado.

EXTRAS:

Jacob Markström, Florida, Viktor Fasth, Anaheim.

Tobias Enström, Winnipeg, Jonas Brodin, Minnesota, Staffan Kronwall, Jaroslav, Adam Larsson, New Jersey, Anston Strålman, NY Rangers, Henrik Tallinder, New Jersey.

Joakim Andersson, Detroit, Jimmie Ericsson, Skellefteå, Patric Hörnqvist, Nashville, Marcus Johansson, Washington, Gustav Nyquist, Detroit, Jakob Silfverberg, Ottawa, Joel Lundqvist, Frölunda.
Gustafsson, Hjalmarsson and Oduya over Brodin, Enstrom and even Larsson?

Old
05-23-2013, 01:11 AM
LaGu

Quote:
Originally Posted by danyhabsfan View Post
Gustafsson, Hjalmarsson and Oduya over Brodin, Enstrom and even Larsson?
Gustafsson was the best D on our team this tournament and frankly one of the best overall imo (and in Wennerholm's opinion, he voted Josi / Gustafsson for the all-star team).

Hjalmarsson is apparently a personal favorite of Marts but I would not pick him over Enstrom. Oduya was replaced by Hedman apparently (I haven't seen the article) but this would be a correct move.

Brodin and Larsson are probably pretty far away from the team right now. It's not like they have not performed well, Brodin was stellar this season, but it's just that we're talking about this season. Experience counts a lot here. They have a chance of course but then they need to really play well this autumn. Gustafsson has the upper hand right now due to his performance in this tournament.

Old
05-23-2013, 04:45 AM
Ola

The WCH's probably will have an impact on the Olympic team.

-Gustavsson played really well, got to know the big ice and the coach.

-Louie Eriksson played well with the Sedins. If it weren't for him, I previously thought Alex Steen would have been an excellent fit with the Sedin's. Now I am not so sure if he is the best option. Especially BÅG seemed to live with the impression that the Sedin's needed a sniper. That is insane. They need i) someone who goes to the net and opens up ice in the attcking zone and ii) someone who can pick up loose pucks/rebounds, and iii) preferebly a right hand shot. Burrows is a very good fit for them, and Steen is as close to Burrows as we have in Sweden. The Sedin's absolutely does NOT need a player like Weinhandl who loves to sneak around along the perimeters of the attacking zone and fire the puck.

-The balance of the team. I've always been a fan of 4 even lines kind of like Hardy used. But the Sedin's showed that some players must get more ice time, and that there might be a value in playing some players alot more than others (even if its not necessary for depth reasons).

Old
05-23-2013, 04:52 AM
B Boarding

This would be my lineup for OG 2014...RIGHT NOW. I'm counting on that Landeskog bounces back/takes another step next season and that both Silfverberg, Zibanejad and Larsson takes another step.

Forwards:
- The Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson line is a no brainer after this WCH. Great chemistry!
- The Landeskog-Backstrom-Silfverberg line might not look awesome on paper today but I think that both Landy and Silfver could be 60 pts players next season. The line have a good mix of playmaking (Backstrom), grit (Landy) and a shooter (Silfver).
- The Steen-Z-Franzén line could be used for both a shut down role and scoring. When playing Canada, Russia and USA, I would use this line for shutting down the opponents first line. Against the other teams this should be an effective scoring line.
- The Hagelin-Berglund-Zibenejad line should be used as a checking line. Good mix of speed and grit with some skill and goal scoring capacity.
- Extra forward would be Marcus Johansson. He can play both center and wing and has great speed on the big ice surface. Hornqvist could be an alternative, but mainly for having the Holmstrom role on PP. Paajarvi, Backlund, Stalberg, Krüger and Nyquist could definitely make the team if they have a great season. I think Alfredsson will retire after this season.

D. Sedin - H. Sedin (A) - L. Eriksson

Landeskog (A) - Bäckström - Silfverberg

Steen - Zetterberg (C)- Franzén

Hagelin - Berglund - Zibanejad

M. Johansson

Defense:
Defense is a tough one because we have so many options. The only locks IMO would be Karlsson and OEL. All the others are depending on what kind season they have. I think Larsson will have a breakthrough season next season and that puts him on the team..

- The Hedman-EK pairing. They had good chemistry in the WJC a few years ago. Should complement each other well. Great mobility.
- The OEL-Adam Larsson pairing. OEL will be close to a Norris contender and I think Larsson will have kind of a breakthrough season next year. They played together in the WJC and had good chemistry. Edler could easily take Larssons spot but Larsson has the advantage of being a RD and shooting right.
- The Enstrom-Hjalmarsson pairing. I think they should complement each other well. Enstrom with his great mobility and Hjalmarsson has been great on the big ice and in the NT before. I think Hjalmarsson is the most defensively responsible dman we have.
- 7th defenseman would be Murray. Maybe a surprise for many. He's had a pretty bad season but seem to have bounced back nicely after coming to the Penguins. I pick him for his great character and physical game. Hockey is a team game and he makes the team more complete with his attributions. He is a bad skater and should play pretty sheltered minutes but he should be a good attribution playing SH in front of our crease against Canada, Russia and USA. We have nobody else on our team team that can clear the crease with his authority. He is also I guy that would really stand up for his team mates when the going gets tough. Something we have badly needed before, like when Forsberg was boarded by Niedermayer and nobody did a **** about it.
N. Kronwall, Edler, Brodin, J. Ericsson, Grossmann, Tallinder and Oduya etc would all be very close to making the team. Kronwall and Edler are LD and I would prefer Hedman, OEL and Enstrom over them on that position on big ice. These three are better skaters than Kronwall and Edler. Both Edler and Kronwall are very good but they also seem to enter long stretches of really bad defensive play. We can't afford them having such a period in the OG. If Brodin takes another big step next year, it would be hard to keep him off the team.

Hedman - E. Karlsson

OEL - A. Larsson

Enström - Hjalmarsson

Murray

Goalies:
Lundqvist is obviously #1
Anyone of Enroth, Markstrom, Lehner and Fasth could be #2 and #3. I'd pick Fasth and Enroth because they have recently had great success on big ice. Lehner hasn't played on big ice for a long time, so he would maybe be the last in line.

Lundqvist
Enroth
Fasth

Old
05-23-2013, 06:49 AM
Ola

My team as of now, full units (ie 8 D's) (man do we have a great shortage of right shooting D's):

LINEUP
1. Sedin-Sedin-Louie E
Edler-Rundblad

Comment: The top line is self explanatory.

Edler is on it because he knows the Sedin's and can fire the puck.

Rundblad is not a top 8 D for us, but its a darn pity that we only have one good right handed shot from the blueline (Erik Karlsson). Its extremely important for the Sedin's to have D's with the sticks pointing out towards the board so that they can (i) pinch in and keep the puck in the attacking zone, and (ii) jump into the play and fire away. Especially on the right side of the ice, because its from that corner Hank comes out with the puck. I see it as basically a must. And even more so if the Sedin's winger is a lefty like Loui.

Rundblad is not a bad D. He is excellent offensively. Edler is decent defensively. Id gamble on Rundblad. I just think that it is ridiculous to play the Sedins 5 on 5 again without having that right handed shot on the blueline that Danielsson had on the PP in the WCH's. So many plays they are make are built around having that option to drop the puck back to their right D who can one time it. A left-handed right D can't do that.

2. Zetterberg-Bäckstörm-Alfredsson
N Kronwall-Erik Karlsson

Comment: Its possible Alfie has retired in less than a handful of days, but until then I have him on my roster. He is a right hand sniper and Z and Bäckis needs that more than a Franzen to be honest. If Alfie isn't ready, I would probably have Silvferberg there. It depends a little on how Slifverberg looks next season.

I love Z with Bäckis. I've wanted them to play with each other for 4-6 years now. Z needs a Datsyuk. Z in his own right is an excellent playmaker, but he can also fire the puck and works well with another playmaker. So would Bäckis. Z would help him get up ice. Alfie is smart.

And in Erik Karlsson, Z and Bäckis gets 4th forward/sniper. Right handed on top of it all. Karlsson would fit well with the Sedins too, but this lines needs him even more. Erik Karlsson could score as much as any player in the tournament playing with Bäckström and Zetterberg. The Sedins more like just need the right handed shot (think Sami Salo), while Z and Bäckström could use a D that joins the play more.

3. Franzen-Berglund-Landeskog
Brodin-Tallinder

Comment: A character line. Size like this could especially bother teams like the Finns, Slovaks, Swiss and the Czechs. But its also has alot of toughness and would be able to draw a line.

I find it extremely hard to pick the D's for this team. On this unit I want the best possible D we have, not offensively all together, but at getting the puck up ice. Just getting it into the attacking zone. Because its there this line should play. OEL is better than Brodin from the blue line and in, for sure. But I have some concerns on him. i) He is used to play a ton. ii) He still tends to screw up a bit when I see him play. He plays a ton, and in relation to his ice time the balance on the bottom line is good, but in a smaller role?

Brodin is also just fantastic at fetching pucks in his own end and getting them up ice. Fantastic. He needs to be followed closely early next season so that he doesn't get into a soapmore slump or something, but if he have kept developing Id go with him. Tallinder brings a defensive prescense. I think Tallinder, of the defensiveminded D's we have (Gustafsson, Hjalmarsson, Grossman, Oduya, J Ericsson and co) has the best mix of size, defense, big ice play, experience etc. Brodin isn't bad defensively. (Did Gustafsson or Tallinder play right D in the WCH's?)

4. Hagelin-J Lundqvist-Steen
OEL-Adam Larsson

Comment: I think the wingers are locks basically. Hagelin exploits any slow D he is put up against. He is decent on the PK. He is a bit avg on the circle. But he is absolutely world class on the forecheck. All teams will have their fair shares of older veterans on the blueline, used to playing on small ice in the NHL. Hagelin will bug the h*** out of those Ds on the big ice and give us an offensive punch from a 4th line. Steen is very underrated in Sweden, and is excellent in this type of role. Also gives us an offensive punch. He can scores with his shot.

The center position is of course tough. Joel knows many of the other players. He is a good character and good PKer. He isn't that good of a hockeyplayer though, but I am not sure what options we have... Jimmie Ericsson? Kreuger? Nah, I mean in the end a team structured like this one, will have two units that play 42-46 minutes when it really matters. That leaves 14-18 minutes to be diveded over the two other units. That 3rd line should be good for 14-16 of those minutes. This line shouldn't play that much. Around 6-8 minutes is enough. Joel Lundqvist could survive those minutes. As would Jimmie Ericsson. Hence Id go with either of them.

I've gambled alot on the D pairings above. I do think they make the most sense, but I want backup and the backup also fits the team well. Hence I decided to pick the best back-ups for Rundblad and Brodin on my 4th D pairing. OEL and AL has also palyed together before. I fear OEL more playing 15 minutes per night than I fear him playing 8 minutes a night. Like he is optimal in a 1st pairing and PPQB role. If he only plays regulary 5 on 5, but little PP and more of a defensive role, I think he could struggle some. If he plays 8 minutes he has no options but to play a more simple style.

Adam Larsson has grown on a regular baiss for NJD. He barely survived in the NHL last season. He has been OK this season. Good shot and decent with the puck, decent defensively, but not quite used to the pace/gets into problems at times. Normally kids like that grow alot when going from 19 to 20 to 21, ie I think he will be a solid top 4 D next season. With a good/great right shot. If Rundblad struggles, he could play with the Sedins.

Net
Hank
Enroth

KEYS
1. Two excellent units.
2. Great PP.
3. Top goaltending.
4. A strong character 3rd line.
5. D's on all units who can create offense.
6. A 4th line that would contribute both ways.

FLAWS
1. PKing and especially set D-pairings for the penalty kill (Edler-Larsson/Kronwall-Karlsson/Brodin-Tallinder?)...
2. What do you get from Patrik Berglund? He has grown into the 3rd line center role quite well in STL, and has become more that type of player. But would he just be immobile on the big ice in the Olympics? I might have gone with Jimmie Ericsson isntead of PB...
3. Defensiveminded slash experienced/sneaky vets up front, this lineup has a shortage of them. Forwards on the bottom line who are very comfortable at just sitting back and trapping if needed when a ton is on the line.
4. Winners. Basically the same as 3.
5. Defense?

Last edited by Ola: 05-23-2013 at 07:26 AM.
Old
05-23-2013, 07:43 AM
Ferros

I wouldn't mind to see S.Kronwall in the Olympics, he always does well when he plays for Tre Kronor. I would take him over pretty much all AHL-defensemen and some NHL-defensemen aswell.

Old
05-23-2013, 09:07 AM
JAS 39 Gripen

People quoting Wennerholm and Nordström....wheres Roos?.....

Keep them out of this board, plaese. Swedish hockey journalists dont know ****...

Old
05-23-2013, 04:42 PM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

wikegårds team...full of grinders.....

Old
05-23-2013, 05:03 PM
weklof

This is what I think it looks like in Mårts mind:

LOCKS:
G Henrik Lundqvist
D Oliver Ekman-Larsson
D Victor Hedman
D Erik Karlsson
D Niklas Kronwall
F Daniel Alfredsson (if not retired)
F Nicklas Bäckström
F Loui Eriksson
F Daniel Sedin
F Henrik Sedin
F Henrik Zetterberg

LIKELIES:
D Alexander Edler
D Tobias Enström
F Patrik Berglund
F Johan Franzén
F Gabriel Landeskog
F Alexander Steen

MAYBIES:
G Jhonas Enroth
G Viktor Fasth
G Jacob Markström
D Jonas Brodin
D Jonathan Ericsson
D Erik GUstafsson
D Nicklas Grossmann
D Niklas Hjalmarsson
F Carl Hagelin
F Marcus Johansson
F Jacob Silfverberg
F Viktor Stålberg
F Mika Zibanejad

LONGSHOTS:
G Robin Lehner
G Anders Lindbäck
D Tim Erixon
D Carl Gunnarsson
D Douglas Murray
D Staffan Kronwall
D Adam Larsson
D Anton Strålman
D Henrik Tallinder
F Joakim Andersson
F Mikael Backlund
F Jimmie Ericsson
F Filip Forsberg
F Marcus Krüger
F Joel Lundqvist
F Gustav Nyquist
F Magnus Pääjärvi

Old
05-23-2013, 05:56 PM
Huffman

I would add Staffan Kronwall, Tallinder, Lindbäck and Kruger to the maybes. I also expect Nyquist to be great next season, he needs an offensive role though so he's a longshot. Also, Franzén is probably more of a lock than Victor Hedman. Kronwall is definitely a lock on Mårts team, but not on my team.

Old
05-23-2013, 06:34 PM
Goon42

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Boarding View Post
Defense:
Defense is a tough one because we have so many options. The only locks IMO would be Karlsson and OEL. All the others are depending on what kind season they have. I think Larsson will have a breakthrough season next season and that puts him on the team..

- The Hedman-EK pairing. They had good chemistry in the WJC a few years ago. Should complement each other well. Great mobility.
- The OEL-Adam Larsson pairing. OEL will be close to a Norris contender and I think Larsson will have kind of a breakthrough season next year. They played together in the WJC and had good chemistry. Edler could easily take Larssons spot but Larsson has the advantage of being a RD and shooting right.
- The Enstrom-Hjalmarsson pairing. I think they should complement each other well. Enstrom with his great mobility and Hjalmarsson has been great on the big ice and in the NT before. I think Hjalmarsson is the most defensively responsible dman we have.
- 7th defenseman would be Murray. Maybe a surprise for many. He's had a pretty bad season but seem to have bounced back nicely after coming to the Penguins. I pick him for his great character and physical game. Hockey is a team game and he makes the team more complete with his attributions. He is a bad skater and should play pretty sheltered minutes but he should be a good attribution playing SH in front of our crease against Canada, Russia and USA. We have nobody else on our team team that can clear the crease with his authority. He is also I guy that would really stand up for his team mates when the going gets tough. Something we have badly needed before, like when Forsberg was boarded by Niedermayer and nobody did a **** about it.
N. Kronwall, Edler, Brodin, J. Ericsson, Grossmann, Tallinder and Oduya etc would all be very close to making the team. Kronwall and Edler are LD and I would prefer Hedman, OEL and Enstrom over them on that position on big ice. These three are better skaters than Kronwall and Edler. Both Edler and Kronwall are very good but they also seem to enter long stretches of really bad defensive play. We can't afford them having such a period in the OG. If Brodin takes another big step next year, it would be hard to keep him off the team.

Hedman - E. Karlsson

OEL - A. Larsson

Enström - Hjalmarsson

Murray
Damn the swedish defense looks stellar, some tough calls but i just dont see how N. Kronwall and Edler DONT make the team.

Old
05-24-2013, 12:26 AM
LiveeviL
No unique points

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to LiveeviL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goon42 View Post
Damn the swedish defense looks stellar, some tough calls but i just dont see how N. Kronwall and Edler DONT make the team.
I think Edler is a lock barring injuries. Even a two game suspension isn't enough to change this. The same goes with N. Kronwall. But things are seldom so rose tinted when the time for selecting the squad is up. Some of the "locks" will not be available, taken injuries or other random stuff. But Sweden has a depth which are only matched by Canada on the D-side (and even centres, it is the wingers depth which is weaker for Sweden) so it feels kind of comfortable not being dependent on player X making it. Take out Karlsson, OEL and Hedman for example and Sweden will still have a good D. NHL-wise.

Old
05-24-2013, 12:30 AM
B Boarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goon42 View Post
I think it's very likely that Kronwall and Edler make the team. IMO only EK and OEL are locks, maybe Hedman as well. But I think the defenders I picked makes Sweden a better TEAM. Edler and Kronwall are overall better defensemen than Murray but I think Murray have attribution to make the team more complete.

Old
05-24-2013, 07:40 AM
Berglund1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by B Boarding View Post
I think it's very likely that Kronwall and Edler make the team. IMO only EK and OEL are locks, maybe Hedman as well. But I think the defenders I picked makes Sweden a better TEAM. Edler and Kronwall are overall better defensemen than Murray but I think Murray have attribution to make the team more complete.
I don't think murray is good for the big ice he can't skate + its less physical I would much rather have a defensemen with a better overall game.

Last edited by Berglund1313: 05-24-2013 at 03:28 PM.
Old
05-25-2013, 10:03 AM
Lugaid
Hajlajtreelmål!

Send a message via Skype™ to Lugaid
I'm not too sure about Adam Larsson. He has his ups and downs in New Jersey, still quite frequent on the bench. Yes, he has potential, but will he really be ready for a spot in Sochi? Not over some others. I'd rather have Carl Gunnarsson, for example. Hedman isn't a lock for me either, he's kind of the same as Larsson, even though he's obviously come a lot further. To me, anyway, the Olympics are the place where you take out the best performing players, it's a very short tournament, you don't bring along "prospects" unless they're really good and reliable (I'm thinking Brodin is an example of someone who has an outside chance). But you want security.

Old
05-25-2013, 10:09 AM
Anth93

Wow Sweden has a stacked defense if Gunnarsson doesn't find a spot.

Old
05-25-2013, 12:16 PM
Darth Yoda

vCash: 593
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugaid View Post
Hedman isn't a lock for me either, he's kind of the same as Larsson, even though he's obviously come a lot further. To me, anyway, the Olympics are the place where you take out the best performing players, it's a very short tournament, you don't bring along "prospects" unless they're really good and reliable (I'm thinking Brodin is an example of someone who has an outside chance). But you want security.
I think Hedman could be a defensive force actually, with why not Kronwall who can do the offense and mainly Kronwall people as his main defensive job. The latter is very good on big ice and Hedman has for one gotten better there, secondly would as i said focus on the defense.

Closed Thread