Old
05-16-2013, 08:00 AM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by acfurino View Post
Whatsup bruins fans,

I've had Jared Knight on my fantasy hockey keeper team for almost three yrs and im hoping u guys can give me information and your opinions about him...

1) I noticed he hasnt played for most of the year... Why?

2) How has he looked recently?

3) Whats his future/potential? Also estimated time of arrival in NHL?

Info and your opinions will b greatly appreciated...

-Tony
Check out the Prospect thread, there is a large number of posts about Knight that should give you the info you are looking for.

If it's me, I don't trade him.

Old
05-16-2013, 08:44 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by acfurino View Post
Whatsup bruins fans,

I've had Jared Knight on my fantasy hockey keeper team for almost three yrs and im hoping u guys can give me information and your opinions about him...

1) I noticed he hasnt played for most of the year... Why?

2) How has he looked recently?

3) Whats his future/potential? Also estimated time of arrival in NHL?

Info and your opinions will b greatly appreciated...

-Tony
Just getting back after bad hamstring tear- will be fine going forward but will need a summer of skating and pickup games with NHL talent.

The Bruins are working him into the Providence lineup and he's got better every game- he scored the first goal last night; game 2 he had a bunch of hits and set up a goal. I saw him play in the first series and thought he played solid all over- the Ryan Callahan comparison bang on.

I am no scout but have been going to Bruins games since the late 60's, average a good 30 games a year easy, hit double digit Providence games, played a lot, kids played- so I've had my share of being around the game, and I love his game. He's clean and tough, and can shoot the puck as well as just about anybody- from release to power.

He may need 'at bats' as they say before he is ready- but Krejci and Marchand both played over 100 AHL games as have most other players in the NHL. I see him as a top 9 probably second line 25+ goals, however, if he starts to shoot the puck and really focuses on 'finding a way' to create space for himself and not check himself he is going to be a very good scorer. I think he will figure that out- he needs reps though.

Old
05-17-2013, 08:12 PM
HumBucker
HFBoards Sponsor

Memorial Cup

Turns out I'll get to see the semi-final and championship games at the Memorial Cup in Saskatoon next weekend. The company I work for is putting on a conference there that weekend, and we get to see the games as part of the conference.

Looks like among the 4 teams - Portland, Halifax, London and host team Saskatoon, the only Bruins prospect is Seth Griffith of the Knights. What kind of player is he?

Looking forward to getting to see top prospects like Seth Jones, Nathan MacKinnon and Jonathan Drouin. Should be fun.

Only problem is, it comes right in the middle of the Bruins-Rangers series. I'll have to try to sneek in watching the games.

Old
05-17-2013, 08:12 PM
Dan the bruiser

After 1 period,Griffith whit a goal.2 to 1 KNIGHT in the first game of the memorial cup.

Old
05-19-2013, 11:34 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Watching Halifax destroy Portland on the replay....looks like Detroit got another steal in Frk. Wonder if this game vaulted mackinnon over Jones for #1?

Old
05-19-2013, 01:05 PM
BudMovin*
Mung Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Watching Halifax destroy Portland on the replay....looks like Detroit got another steal in Frk. Wonder if this game vaulted mackinnon over Jones for #1?
I just don't see the Avs taking a center over a franchise caliber D. Maybe it makes Mac vault over Jones on some team's lists, but the Avs are going to take Jones #1 unless someone wows them with a trade to swoop in and take Mac.

Old
05-19-2013, 01:28 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudMovin View Post
I just don't see the Avs taking a center over a franchise caliber D. Maybe it makes Mac vault over Jones on some team's lists, but the Avs are going to take Jones #1 unless someone wows them with a trade to swoop in and take Mac.
Jones looked really good too... I would take Jones..

Old
05-19-2013, 01:32 PM
BudMovin*
Mung Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Jones looked really good too... I would take Jones..
So would I. Every year there is some elite Center/winger that pulls ahead from the pack. Dmen as hyped as Jones don't come around very often. Sure, Erik Johnson went #1 overall, but that draft didn't have nearly the hype this one does.

Old
05-21-2013, 12:01 PM
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew

Seth's teamate Domi with an amazing apple.

Guy on left pases to him Domi goes between the legs gets his stick around sauces a behind the back forehand to his teamate on the right

Old
05-21-2013, 02:21 PM
DoubleAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly23 View Post
Seth's teamate Domi with an amazing apple.

Guy on left pases to him Domi goes between the legs gets his stick around sauces a behind the back forehand to his teamate on the right
Think that was Griffith with the 1st pass which was pretty slick itself and then just a dirty finish by Horvat too. Out of the air, top cheddar. Just an all round sweet play.

Old
05-22-2013, 07:40 AM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

Watched a bit of the London game last night between the Bruins period and you can see that Griffith has absolutely great offensive skills but his 2 way play and defensive zone coverage lacks big big time. Much better skater than that Riendeau dude from a few years ago and that's why he might pan out if he can work a little harder in the other 2 zones. Great set of hands as well. Good late pick by the Bruins

And that Halifax team

Frk looks like another steal for the Red Wings who guess what, now join our division

Old
05-22-2013, 10:10 AM
GloryDaze4877
Thanks Burkie!!

So, London loses last night and we have:

Halifax 2-1
Saskatoon 1-1
Portland 1-1
London 1-2

If SAS beats POR they go to 2-1, but have the HtH win vs HAL, and go straight to the Final, with the 1-2 POR team re-matching vs LON, and HAL waiting for the winner.

If POR wins, HAL goes to the Final, and POR awaits the winner of SAS and LON.

So either way, LON and Griffith need to win the next two games to get to the Finals??

Old
05-22-2013, 10:52 AM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDaze4877 View Post
So, London loses last night and we have:

Halifax 2-1
Saskatoon 1-1
Portland 1-1
London 1-2

If SAS beats POR they go to 2-1, but have the HtH win vs HAL, and go straight to the Final, with the 1-2 POR team re-matching vs LON, and HAL waiting for the winner.

If POR wins, HAL goes to the Final, and POR awaits the winner of SAS and LON.

So either way, LON and Griffith need to win the next two games to get to the Finals??
Correct

I don't see how London can manage to beat Saskatoon, Portland and Halifax. No chance IMO

I see Portland playing Halifax in the finals

Old
05-22-2013, 11:01 AM
DoubleAAAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan_37 View Post
Watched a bit of the London game last night between the Bruins period and you can see that Griffith has absolutely great offensive skills but his 2 way play and defensive zone coverage lacks big big time. Much better skater than that Riendeau dude from a few years ago and that's why he might pan out if he can work a little harder in the other 2 zones. Great set of hands as well. Good late pick by the Bruins

And that Halifax team

Frk looks like another steal for the Red Wings who guess what, now join our division
Hopefully Datsyuk retires just in time

Old
05-22-2013, 11:52 AM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleAAAA View Post
Hopefully Datsyuk retires just in time
Seriously!!! But you know what a rivalry will be created with the Wings and it's going to be a great one!!

Old
05-22-2013, 11:56 AM
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co

Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan_37 View Post
Correct

I don't see how London can manage to beat Saskatoon, Portland and Halifax. No chance IMO

I see Portland playing Halifax in the finals
You're not the only one who thinks that.

Especially with their goaltending (or lack of). Never should have given up on Bailie for Stolarz.

Flyers think they have a good one in him just because of his size. I just don't see it. He'll fit in well with them

Old
05-22-2013, 12:19 PM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post

Especially with their goaltending (or lack of). Never should have given up on Bailie for Stolarz.

Flyers think they have a good one in him just because of his size. I just don't see it. He'll fit in well with them
OOG are there any goalies out there that's a good fit for the Flyers?

Old
05-22-2013, 12:33 PM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post

Preaching to the choir with me, never really gotten it when it comes to Stolarz and that Bailie situation was just dumb. Didn't even fill his OA spot, could have rolled with a Stolarz/Bailie duo no problem.

I expect Portland to beat Saskatoon giving Halifax the bye to the finals. Saskatoon-London in the tiebreak game is a virtual toss up to me, either one loses again to Portland in the semis setting up a Halifax-Portland finals.

Old
06-02-2013, 09:13 AM
Serpico4ever

Seth Griffith

I'm wondering if his game can translate to a Kunitz/Moulson/Lupul type of game? He's not flashy and slick, but has good skill and grit, and can skate.

Camara could be a Bruins version of Cooke, basically better player, but not as cheap or dirty. I'm excited about these two prospects.

Old
06-02-2013, 12:05 PM
Kelly23
Pedroia and Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpico4ever View Post
Seth Griffith

I'm wondering if his game can translate to a Kunitz/Moulson/Lupul type of game? He's not flashy and slick, but has good skill and grit, and can skate.

Camara could be a Bruins version of Cooke, basically better player, but not as cheap or dirty. I'm excited about these two prospects.
If your going to compare Camara to cooke but then say not as dirty then why do it

Old
06-02-2013, 12:27 PM
bruinsfan46

Bruins didn't sign Lars Volden by the deadline, actually appears to be a decent prospect but the Bruins do have tons of depth in net. Red Wings let Alan Quine go, I find that surprising.

Old
06-02-2013, 01:03 PM
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
Derp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
Bruins didn't sign Lars Volden by the deadline, actually appears to be a decent prospect but the Bruins do have tons of depth in net. Red Wings let Alan Quine go, I find that surprising.
Does he re-enter the draft or is he a free agent now?

I remember reading something here about Lars Volden being unlikely to come over to North America. Don't remember exactly what the source was.

But the Bruins certainly have some of the best organizational depth in goal.

Old
06-02-2013, 01:34 PM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
Originally Posted by HortonHearsAWoo View Post
Does he re-enter the draft or is he a free agent now?

I remember reading something here about Lars Volden being unlikely to come over to North America. Don't remember exactly what the source was.

But the Bruins certainly have some of the best organizational depth in goal.
I believe Volden re-enters, if he was North American he'd be too old but I believe Europeans can get drafted one year older. Don't imagine he gets picked again.

Old
06-02-2013, 07:09 PM
Alan Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post

Thanks for the news on Volden. How did you find out about it?

Any other B's prospects not signed?

Old
06-02-2013, 07:42 PM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Ryan View Post
Thanks for the news on Volden. How did you find out about it?

Any other B's prospects not signed?
Corey Pronman tweeted all the unsigned guys: https://twitter.com/coreypronman

Quote:
Summary of yestrday's no signs BOS: Volden, BUF: Lepkowski, CAR: Hofmann, Mahalek, CHI: Mattsson, COL: Nermark and Donnelly. cont..

DET: Quine, EDM: Perhonen, FLA: Bengtsson & Pakarinen, LAK: Gibson, Schumacher, MTL: Archambault & Pribyl, NSH: Andrews and Karlsson cont...

NYI: Kichton & Theoret, NYR: Ceresnak & McColgan, OTT: Fransoo, PHI: Sullentrop, PHX: Ruuttu & Fritsch, SJ: Sefton, STL: Eronen cont...

VAN: Honzik & Westerholm, WSH: Soberg, and WPG: Yuen.
Just Volden from Boston, Kirk also mentioned it on Twitter.

Closed Thread