HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-2013 Rangers Prospects Thread (Player Stats in Post #1; Updated 7/3) *Part IV*

Closed Thread

Old
05-19-2013, 06:35 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 500
Oscar Lindberg had a great tournament. Pär Mårts gave him some solid shutdown minutes and he has impressed in faceoffs for the majority of the tournament. His only sub 50% faceoff game was in Quarters vs. Canadian team. He had one game where he went 8-1 in faceoff draws. He has averaged around 9-17 minutes. His highest TOI was 17:46 vs. Canada in the Semis, where he was out on top shutdown unit with Landeskog and Petterson apparently.

Old
05-19-2013, 06:41 PM
17futurecap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Oscar Lindberg had a great tournament. Pär Mårts gave him some solid shutdown minutes and he has impressed in faceoffs for the majority of the tournament. His only sub 50% faceoff game was in Quarters vs. Canadian team. He had one game where he went 8-1 in faceoff draws. He has averaged around 9-17 minutes. His highest TOI was 17:46 vs. Canada in the Semis, where he was out on top shutdown unit with Landeskog and Petterson apparently.
Bring him over, and let him be 4C. It will never happen, but why not take the risk at this point?

Old
05-19-2013, 06:43 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
Bring him over, and let him be 4C. It will never happen, but why not take the risk at this point?
Sather and Gorton have too much pride to swallow their mistake (Richards) this early. Give it another year.

Old
05-19-2013, 08:58 PM
ColonialsHockey10

How many points did Lindberg have?

Absolutely amazing season for him. He deserved some recognition for HFs prospect of the year award IMO.

Old
05-19-2013, 11:47 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonialsHockey10 View Post
How many points did Lindberg have?

Absolutely amazing season for him. He deserved some recognition for HFs prospect of the year award IMO.
2 pts in 10 GP.

Old
05-20-2013, 08:05 AM
SurMartin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 17futurecap View Post
Wonder if he's able to play after 2 golds to celebrate in the last month and his SEL-teams upcoming trip to Vegas...

Old
05-22-2013, 10:56 AM
3rd Guy High

Watched him play in the gold medal game the other night. There was a rerun on NBCSN. This Kid is good. Takes no shortcuts on the defensive side of the play. Reminds me a lot of Derek Stepan, except faster although a little bit lankier.

Very patient with the puck and not afraid to make plays breaking out. I think he'll make the team out of camp. Expecting 30-40 points from him in his first season and don't think that's unreasonable if he's put in a position to succeed.

Old
05-22-2013, 01:16 PM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd Guy High View Post
Watched him play in the gold medal game the other night. There was a rerun on NBCSN. This Kid is good. Takes no shortcuts on the defensive side of the play. Reminds me a lot of Derek Stepan, except faster although a little bit lankier.

Very patient with the puck and not afraid to make plays breaking out. I think he'll make the team out of camp. Expecting 30-40 points from him in his first season and don't think that's unreasonable if he's put in a position to succeed.
I saw a period of that game. Agreed, he was awesome.

I was quite surprised at how east-west his game was. No open man or skating room up the ice? He circled back and made the smart play. Very few players on the rangers do this, so it will be quite refreshing.

He's gonna be a good one. A lot better then that head case Ethan Werek.

Old
05-22-2013, 04:15 PM
3rd Guy High

Quote:

I was quite surprised at how east-west his game was. No open man or skating room up the ice? He circled back and made the smart play. Very few players on the rangers do this, so it will be quite refreshing.

Bolded is how it should be. Unfortunately, torts preaches just getting the puck in deep vs circling back and making a play. Hopefully Lindberg does not pick up much from torts' philosophy.

Old
05-22-2013, 07:02 PM
Ranger Angst

Quote:

Expecting 30-40 blocked shots.

Old
05-22-2013, 07:23 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetterJ View Post
Nicholls scored two goals last night during the opening game of the Memorial Cup against London.

I just finished watching the game, and he was the Blades best offensive player (G Makarov stood on his head), IMO. Nicholls was interviewed just before the start of the third period. He interviewed well, and seems to be the leader of the Blades (though that should probably be expected as he's an overager). After the interview, the announcers commented that the Leafs (who drafted him in 2010) wanted Nicholls to buy into a nutrition and exercise regime, and that he did not buy in. It was for that reason that the Leafs did not sign him. The announcers further said that since the Rangers signed him, he has realized the importance of a regime to a pro athlete.

As you stated, he has decent size (6'2, 196 lbs). On the first goal, Nicholls started the cycle behind the net. And then wrapped around and, on a nice feed across the goal line from Ferland, buried the puck into a basically empty net. On his second goal, Nicholls broke in, created a scoring opportunity, and then out muscled Pitt D prospect Scott Harrington for the rebound and whacked the puck into the back of the net. The announcers said that the Blades as a team bought into a workout regime during their 51 days off between their elimination in the first round of the WHL playoffs and their starting game as the host team of the Memorial Cup and that had they not done so, Nicholls would not have scored the goal. (The second goal is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TURq2ACXgw)

Here's a little more about the game:
http://www.thestarphoenix.com/sports...843/story.html

I'll leave it to someone else to project whether he'll turn out to be an NHL player or not.

On another note, I thought Shane McColgan was pretty invisible, and then he got hammered on a shoulder-to-shoulder hit by Max Domi behind the net.
Let's not forget that Ryan Callahan had a bust out season as an junior overager. each player develops at their own pace. We may get (very) lucky here.

Old
05-22-2013, 07:24 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Watching the Ranger Bruin series has reminded me of what Gordie Clark said when the Rangers drafted McIlrath. Knowing what I know now, I fully expect he will be a third pair regular next season. Reports from my friends in the AHL on his progress are very good.

Old
05-22-2013, 09:56 PM
LittleKev6D9
Unregistered User

Quote:

All I keep hearing in my head is Torts pregame talk in NHL 24/7.

"Let's go north-south"

Ugh. Hopefully he isn't a causality of Torts system.

Old
05-22-2013, 11:10 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKev6D9 View Post

"Let's go north-south"

It's funny, I remember during the dark years people complaining about the team being too east west (especially the Czech line). Now people are complaining about north south. Seems like people just rag on the style that's in use when the team is not playing well.

Old
05-22-2013, 11:11 PM
3rd Guy High

Quote:

"Let's go north-south"

Let's be honest. He probably will be.

Old
05-22-2013, 11:53 PM
Drewbackatu*

Quote:

Position to succeed? Here?? Check please!

Old
05-23-2013, 12:00 AM
ColonialsHockey10

Quote:

"Let's go north-south"

I haven't seen Lindberg play enough to know for certain, but he strikes me as the type of player who can easily play in any direction. The creativity in the neutral zone with the puck is nothing but a good thing.

Old
05-23-2013, 12:24 PM
LittleKev6D9
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
It's funny, I remember during the dark years people complaining about the team being too east west (especially the Czech line). Now people are complaining about north south. Seems like people just rag on the style that's in use when the team is not playing well.
I can agree with that. People just love to complain.

I think he'll be fine here. Just pure speculation on my part.

Old
05-23-2013, 01:56 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:

is he physical?? how is he along the boards and does he block shots lol i know he has a good 2 way game but if he has a little edge to his game, it cant hurt...

Old
05-23-2013, 02:02 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
is he physical?? how is he along the boards and does he block shots lol i know he has a good 2 way game but if he has a little edge to his game, it cant hurt...
He is strong on his skates, won't go out of his way to hit, but isn't soft. Strong along the boards.

Old
05-23-2013, 02:33 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
He is strong on his skates, won't go out of his way to hit, but isn't soft. Strong along the boards.

the bold is something very much needed...

good clean hit... wow 17 goals and 54 pim in 55 games....

Old
05-23-2013, 02:42 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:

He is strong on his skates for sure. That is a big positive he has.

Old
05-23-2013, 02:47 PM
M Gaz
Drink to me

Quote:

Clean hit? He got thrown out for that hit

Quote:
27.15 5 min SAIK 24. LINDBERG, Oscar CHE-H
27.15 20 min SAIK 24. LINDBERG, Oscar MATCH
That was what a user on Drop Your Gloves posted for the hit.

Old
05-23-2013, 02:59 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Clean hit in the NHL

05-23-2013, 03:00 PM
3rd Guy High

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
You need a combination of both. You should never be playing a "North South" or "East West" style. There's a time and place for both. The best teams like Chicago, LA and Pittsburgh play a combination of both and can adjust depending on whats working.

Closed Thread