HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Coach Q's actual playoff ability

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-22-2013, 12:04 PM
  #51
madgoat33
Registered User
 
madgoat33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 13,260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
Yes every butterfly goalie goes down but I have noticed Crawford does tend to go down earlier then most and also has trouble getting up after going down.

Howard isn't a butterfly goalie either so you can't really compare him to Crawford, Howard is more of a hybrid goalie.
howard has been down early a ton this series, but like always, we dint elevate the puck our when we do its right into his chest.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 12:38 PM
  #52
BobbyJet
Registered User
 
BobbyJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Dundas, Ontario. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
You realize you're describing every butterfly goaltender, don'tcha, Coach? Crawford couldn't have done much more than he did on that Nyquist goal.
Yes. however I prefer one who has reflexes and doesn't go swimming when he hits the ice. Once he's down, the top corners are open and he doesn't have the athleticism to cover them, and when he's off his knees, it's game over. According to you, we don't have any real flaws, except perhaps the odd gaffe by Q. Amazing, they are.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 01:33 PM
  #53
LBS8844
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 226
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
Yes every butterfly goalie goes down but I have noticed Crawford does tend to go down earlier then most and also has trouble getting up after going down.

Howard isn't a butterfly goalie either so you can't really compare him to Crawford, Howard is more of a hybrid goalie.
Crow bounces up with the best of them. Watch more closely.

LBS8844 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 02:31 PM
  #54
Marotte Marauder
Registered User
 
Marotte Marauder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,680
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBS8844 View Post
Crow bounces up with the best of them. Watch more closely.
When he's down, he has difficulty getting up quickly, hanging on to his stick and sometimes locating the puck.

Marotte Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 03:48 PM
  #55
Pez68
Fire Quenneville
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,145
vCash: 500
The Wings adjusted after game 1. The Hawks have dropped two straight, and aren't scoring goals.

Will Q adjust? Will he finally put Sharp at center so the Hawks have a legit #2 center to match up against Datsyuk/Zetterberg? Will he continue to play his third pairing with the wrong forward lines? Will he keep together the Saad-Bolland-Kane line, despite the fact that they can't hold their own against any of Detroit's top 3 lines? Will Nick Leddy finally see time on the #1 PP unit, as it's perfectly obvious it needs a change? Will we finally see Toews and Kane reunited to kick start the offense? Will we see the PP setup with one timer options? Will the Hawks start using the entire ice on the PP, instead of just the sliver of ice along the right boards?

The chances of any of this happening are probably slim to none.

Pez68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 03:49 PM
  #56
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!
 
TorMenT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Rockford, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,905
vCash: 500
What are you talking about? Saad-Bolland-Kane have barely seen any time together, unless I was really drunk the last 3 games.

TorMenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 03:54 PM
  #57
Sarava
Moderator
 
Sarava's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Naperville, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 9,092
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marotte Marauder View Post
When he's down, he has difficulty getting up quickly, hanging on to his stick and sometimes locating the puck.
I agree with this. A guy I work with calls Crawford 'the fish', because he reminds him of the fish in Faith no More's EPIC video. Where the fish is flopping around out of water. Crawford sometimes looks like that when he's trying to get back on his skates.

Sarava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 03:58 PM
  #58
Pez68
Fire Quenneville
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,145
vCash: 500
They played together in game 2. They were on the ice for the Datsyuk goal. Bolland is the one that went to the middle of the ice and left Datsyuk open, even though both defensemen had already converged on the puck carrier.

Pez68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 04:11 PM
  #59
TorMenT
Go Blackhawks!
 
TorMenT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Rockford, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez68 View Post
They played together in game 2. They were on the ice for the Datsyuk goal. Bolland is the one that went to the middle of the ice and left Datsyuk open, even though both defensemen had already converged on the puck carrier.
Datsyuk didn't have a goal in game 2. That Saad-Bolland-Kane line only played a few shifts together if I remember correctly.

TorMenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 04:16 PM
  #60
Pez68
Fire Quenneville
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,145
vCash: 500
Sorry, I meant game 3.

Pez68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 06:10 PM
  #61
BobbyJet
Registered User
 
BobbyJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Dundas, Ontario. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
I agree with this. A guy I work with calls Crawford 'the fish', because he reminds him of the fish in Faith no More's EPIC video. Where the fish is flopping around out of water. Crawford sometimes looks like that when he's trying to get back on his skates.
Hoss "the boss" will tell you that's normal for a butterfly goalie. This team can walk on water and don't say anything that is not a compliment.... well maybe against Stalberg. His contribution is minimal, as is any player who can possibly be contrived as dressing before you-know-who..

To return to the subject at hand. I think Q realizes his job could depend on winning this series, as it should be.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 06:14 PM
  #62
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,169
vCash: 500
Can anybody tell me what Kane was doing on that play? It certainly wasn't back checking. At least Bolland skated back to have 2 players back. And Roszival got in there and deflected it a little. It was a bad play by everyone on the ice, and that includes Crawford. He was completely out of position.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 06:31 PM
  #63
Pez68
Fire Quenneville
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,145
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Can anybody tell me what Kane was doing on that play? It certainly wasn't back checking. At least Bolland skated back to have 2 players back. And Roszival got in there and deflected it a little. It was a bad play by everyone on the ice, and that includes Crawford. He was completely out of position.
Better question is, why are those five guys out on the ice together to begin with?

Pez68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 07:02 PM
  #64
BobbyJet
Registered User
 
BobbyJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Dundas, Ontario. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Can anybody tell me what Kane was doing on that play? It certainly wasn't back checking. At least Bolland skated back to have 2 players back. And Roszival got in there and deflected it a little. It was a bad play by everyone on the ice, and that includes Crawford. He was completely out of position.
Kane is constantly cheating on the back check. It's what he does. Sometimes it leads to a break the other way, but this is the PO's. No player can float. Not even Kane... but, as he always does, Q will look the other way when his top 6 guys screw up and he'll often find a more suitable scapegoat. This a major issue, and I bet Toews frustration has a lot to do with accountability of players and coaches alike.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 01:21 AM
  #65
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,437
vCash: 500
Toews frustration comes because he plays like **** and he can't do anything against it as it looks like.

Kane is not a problem in the POs. One of the few players that aren't.

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 10:03 AM
  #66
Hawkaholic
Registered User
 
Hawkaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,169
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
Toews frustration comes because he plays like **** and he can't do anything against it as it looks like.

Kane is not a problem in the POs. One of the few players that aren't.
So Toews plays stellar defense, limits the opponents best players to no points, but has trouble scoring so he sucks.

But Kane, who plays zero defense, is constantly playing in his own end, but scores goals (that have zero impact in this series) but he is our best player?

Sorry, I disagree.
Both aren't playing well, I don't care how pts Kane has, his lack of back checking and defense isn't helping just as much as Toews inability to score.

Maybe Toews should just forget about defense and just concentrate on scoring. At least he wouldn't get ridiculed because he would be potting some goals.


Last edited by Hawkaholic: 05-23-2013 at 11:04 AM.
Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 04:32 PM
  #67
Bubba88
Toews = Savior
 
Bubba88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bavaria
Country: Germany
Posts: 24,437
vCash: 500
Kane is fine and he does what he gets paid for and is expected. Toews does not. He needs to start to play better and stop playing like ****

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 04:53 PM
  #68
madgoat33
Registered User
 
madgoat33's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 13,260
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
So Toews plays stellar defense, limits the opponents best players to no points, but has trouble scoring so he sucks.

But Kane, who plays zero defense, is constantly playing in his own end, but scores goals (that have zero impact in this series) but he is our best player?

Sorry, I disagree.
Both aren't playing well, I don't care how pts Kane has, his lack of back checking and defense isn't helping just as much as Toews inability to score.

Maybe Toews should just forget about defense and just concentrate on scoring. At least he wouldn't get ridiculed because he would be potting some goals.
yea 3 pts(1es), 0 goals in 8 games from your top center isn't a problem at all. And food for thought: http://www.behindthenet.ca/nhl_stati...34+45+46+63+67

Furthermore, nobody should be expecting Kane to be a shutdown defender, that's not his job nor should it be. People expect toews to play good defense and get involved offensively, so far he's done one of those and been laughably inept at the other. Toews' offensive game so far has been much more disappointing than Kane's defensive game AINEC.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 04:55 PM
  #69
Marina
#freemorin
 
Marina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 17,813
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
So Toews plays stellar defense, limits the opponents best players to no points, but has trouble scoring so he sucks.

But Kane, who plays zero defense, is constantly playing in his own end, but scores goals (that have zero impact in this series) but he is our best player?

Sorry, I disagree.
Both aren't playing well, I don't care how pts Kane has, his lack of back checking and defense isn't helping just as much as Toews inability to score.

Maybe Toews should just forget about defense and just concentrate on scoring. At least he wouldn't get ridiculed because he would be potting some goals.
I agree Kane has been playing lazy defense lately, even for him, but. What? I'm pretty sure he's the reason the Hawks didn't lose in back-to-back shutouts, which would have been embarrassing and pathetic for everybody, and he's assisted on game-winning goals. He has 8 points in 8 games, that's not a problem. I'd like to see him put more effort into defense but Toews has obviously been the most ineffective of the two. Intangibles are great and all but at some point scoring a goal would be helpful.

Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 05:11 PM
  #70
Blackhawks
Registered User
 
Blackhawks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 407
vCash: 500
Wait I am confused is Toews playing wing for the first time in his career?

Blackhawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 05:32 PM
  #71
BobbyJet
Registered User
 
BobbyJet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Dundas, Ontario. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,645
vCash: 500
Every player on the team must strive to be on the ice for more goals scored than against. That includes Kane and Toews. It's a simple formula that the whole team must buy into. Right now, that's exactly what Wings are doing. Goals are coming from all 4 lines, like they should in tight playoff hockey. Turn it around tonight ... or else.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 08:57 PM
  #72
Pez68
Fire Quenneville
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,145
vCash: 500
Coach Q showing his awesome coaching prowess in the first period.

Bickell, Toews, Kane together. Would be just fine, except he's playing them with Rozsival and Oduya. Which means that Rozsival and Oduya will be out against Zetterberg's line the entire game. Look for them to be -2 tonight.

Nick Leddy, the best PP option the Hawks have for the point, is off the PP entirely. 2:37 of icetime in the first period, when he has been one of the Hawks' best defensemen in these playoffs. Pretty much the only guy willing to use speed against a SLOW Detroit team. So obviously let's play him the least.

First PP unit, Keith and Sharp playing the point. Saad playing Center(HAHAHAHAHA), with Hossa and Bickell on the point. FAIL.

Second PP unit, Bolland and Rozsival on the point. Toews, Kane, Shaw up front. How about Leddy and Seabrook on the point Q, you moron? That PP unit would be just fine if you had guys on the point....that actually know what the hell they're doing!!

This guy is desperate, and more importantly, CLUELESS.

Pez68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 09:02 PM
  #73
Marotte Marauder
Registered User
 
Marotte Marauder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 2,680
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pez68 View Post
Coach Q showing his awesome coaching prowess in the first period.

Bickell, Toews, Kane together. Would be just fine, except he's playing them with Rozsival and Oduya. Which means that Rozsival and Oduya will be out against Zetterberg's line the entire game. Look for them to be -2 tonight.

Nick Leddy, the best PP option the Hawks have for the point, is off the PP entirely. 2:37 of icetime in the first period, when he has been one of the Hawks' best defensemen in these playoffs. Pretty much the only guy willing to use speed against a SLOW Detroit team. So obviously let's play him the least.

First PP unit, Keith and Sharp playing the point. Saad playing Center(HAHAHAHAHA), with Hossa and Bickell on the point. FAIL.

Second PP unit, Bolland and Rozsival on the point. Toews, Kane, Shaw up front. How about Leddy and Seabrook on the point Q, you moron? That PP unit would be just fine if you had guys on the point....that actually know what the hell they're doing!!

This guy is desperate, and more importantly, CLUELESS.
Did you miss the addition of the stretch pass? Teaching Mites we used to say watch for the cherry picker, what a strategy.

Marotte Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 09:59 PM
  #74
Pez68
Fire Quenneville
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,145
vCash: 500
Leddy 5:26
Seabrook 7:11
Rozsival 13:06
Oduya 14:20
Hammer 16:59
Keith 18:56

PP gives up more scoring chances than it generates.

Handzus has a couple great chances but likes to shoot at the Winged Wheel.

I'm at a loss for words. This guy should be fired tomorrow, regardless of whether they win or not.

Pez68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 10:52 PM
  #75
Pez68
Fire Quenneville
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,145
vCash: 500
Leddy 8:38 - WHAT THE ****?
Seabrook 12:03
Rozsival 20:22
Oduya 20:41
Hammer 23:15
Keith 30:02(LOL)

PP - 0-3. ONE ****ING SHOT ON GOAL. The Wings actually had more chances shorthanded than the Hawks had on the PP. Good job.

Great coaching.

Pez68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.