HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Lundqvist - Two Weak Games, Bounce Back Buddy

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-22-2013, 07:44 AM
  #526
NikC
Registered User
 
NikC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 3,305
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
Why?

Its a cumulative stat.

Did you feel bad for him on the Drury goal? Did you feel bad for him when the Sabres obliterated him with 4 goals in the 2nd period in Game 6?

Did you feel bad for him when he haad a 3-0 lead in Game 1 against the Pens?

Were you sad for him when he gave up 5 goals on 17 shots in the critical game 3 of the 2008 Pens series? You know, the game the rangers dominated had to to fight back twice to tie, only to have the pens score on almost every third shot they took.

Were you sad for him in 2009, when he was trounced for 11 goals in 67 shots over the last three games of a series they had a 3-1 lead in? Or how about game 7, in which he had a 1-0 lead, have up a terrible tying goal to Semin late in the first period -- a period the caps had a whopping 2 shots on goal in.

In that game 7, he faced a 1985 Oilers-esque 24 shots. Wow. What a shooting gallery.

Were you said for him in 2011, when he had a 1-0 lead late in the 3rd of game 1, gave up a soft tying goal to Ovechkin and they lose in OT. Or two games later, when he had a 3-0 lead in game 3, and gave up three goals in about 9 mins to pretty much seal the series.

Were you sad for him in 2012, when he was blitzed for big early deficits in games 5 and 6 of the CF, only to see the Rangers come back and tie it for "him", and then he gives up a crushing late goal in Game 5 and a series clincher in OT in Game 6?

No sympathy for that dude. He's the team MVP, a hart candidate, and a Vezina winner. He's the heart and soul of the team. But this annual attempt to paint him as some sort of victim is pretty sad.


Henrik has put the team in a position to seal the deal more time than the team has done so for him. Both have let one another down.

Henrik is not above blame.
One of the best posts in this thread ! Great job.

NikC is offline  
Old
05-22-2013, 07:52 AM
  #527
Nash Money
Registered User
 
Nash Money's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
Eminger actually did get a piece, but Paille was right there to knock it down and in.
The worst part is that I think had Eminger not touched the puck, it gets put right into Hank's pads/chest.

Nash Money is online now  
Old
05-22-2013, 07:57 AM
  #528
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 13,262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
Why?

Its a cumulative stat.

Did you feel bad for him on the Drury goal? Did you feel bad for him when the Sabres obliterated him with 4 goals in the 2nd period in Game 6?

Did you feel bad for him when he haad a 3-0 lead in Game 1 against the Pens?

Were you sad for him when he gave up 5 goals on 17 shots in the critical game 3 of the 2008 Pens series? You know, the game the rangers dominated had to to fight back twice to tie, only to have the pens score on almost every third shot they took.

Were you sad for him in 2009, when he was trounced for 11 goals in 67 shots over the last three games of a series they had a 3-1 lead in? Or how about game 7, in which he had a 1-0 lead, have up a terrible tying goal to Semin late in the first period -- a period the caps had a whopping 2 shots on goal in.

In that game 7, he faced a 1985 Oilers-esque 24 shots. Wow. What a shooting gallery.

Were you said for him in 2011, when he had a 1-0 lead late in the 3rd of game 1, gave up a soft tying goal to Ovechkin and they lose in OT. Or two games later, when he had a 3-0 lead in game 3, and gave up three goals in about 9 mins to pretty much seal the series.

Were you sad for him in 2012, when he was blitzed for big early deficits in games 5 and 6 of the CF, only to see the Rangers come back and tie it for "him", and then he gives up a crushing late goal in Game 5 and a series clincher in OT in Game 6?

No sympathy for that dude. He's the team MVP, a hart candidate, and a Vezina winner. He's the heart and soul of the team. But this annual attempt to paint him as some sort of victim is pretty sad.


Henrik has put the team in a position to seal the deal more time than the team has done so for him. Both have let one another down.

Henrik is not above blame.
He is in this game. He was superhuman the first 2 periods and, quite literally, the ONLY reason this team was in a position to win - as is the case on so many nights.

I find your post to be equal parts angry and sad.

Bleed Ranger Blue is online now  
Old
05-22-2013, 08:37 AM
  #529
Rangerboy030
Registered User
 
Rangerboy030's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 444
vCash: 500
4 straight shutouts incoming?

Rangerboy030 is offline  
Old
05-22-2013, 08:52 AM
  #530
Jersey Girl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Great point. The signature playoff moment is what Lundqvist lacks, but I still maintain its because he lacks a good enough team to get him there.

Ill remember that Game 4 Bure moment for as long as I live. It buries a lot of other ugly Richter moments including:

- the 1992 Ron Francis goal from beyond the blueline
-1994 2nd round vs. Caps - Kevin Hatcher scores from his own end
-1994 Game 7 vs. Devils - late goal
-1994 Game 1 vs. Canucks - late goal
-1994 Game 5 vs. Canucks - a real stinker
So with all the playoff games Richter has played, you came up with only five 'ugly Richter moments'...nice!

Based on your criteria (which I do not necessarily agree with, like calling any late goal an ugly Richter moment) there are probably five 'ugly Lundqvist moments' in the Verizon Center alone!

I have to say, calling the Zelepukin goal an 'ugly Richter moment' is just you reaching for something bad to say about Richter. If you're going to blame the goalie for a guy standing at the doorstep getting 3-4 whacks at the puck without being touched, regardless of the time of the game, to be fair you'll have to blame Hank for goals like that as well...and that would NOT be fair!

Hank was amazing last night, which will likely be the post mortem for this series...when the goalie was amazing the team wasn't, and versa vice...see game 2.

Hank seemed pretty depressed last night...he needs to get it back together by tomorrow night, we're probably going to need another one of those amazing efforts in game four.

Jersey Girl is offline  
Old
05-22-2013, 08:59 AM
  #531
LaGu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Taino
Posts: 1,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
So with all the playoff games Richter has played, you came up with only five 'ugly Richter moments'...nice!

Based on your criteria (which I do not necessarily agree with, like calling any late goal an ugly Richter moment) there are probably five 'ugly Lundqvist moments' in the Verizon Center alone!

I have to say, calling the Zelepukin goal an 'ugly Richter moment' is just you reaching for something bad to say about Richter. If you're going to blame the goalie for a guy standing at the doorstep getting 3-4 whacks at the puck without being touched, regardless of the time of the game, to be fair you'll have to blame Hank for goals like that as well...and that would NOT be fair!

Hank was amazing last night, which will likely be the post mortem for this series...when the goalie was amazing the team wasn't, and versa vice...see game 2.

Hank seemed pretty depressed last night...he needs to get it back together by tomorrow night, we're probably going to need another one of those amazing efforts in game four.
So you are saying that the team was amazing but the goalie was not in game 2? I haven't followed the board's take on game 2 but I would hardly put the team's performance in game 2 on par with Lundqvist's performance in game 3.

LaGu is offline  
Old
05-22-2013, 09:06 AM
  #532
Jersey Girl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaGu View Post
So you are saying that the team was amazing but the goalie was not in game 2? I haven't followed the board's take on game 2 but I would hardly put the team's performance in game 2 on par with Lundqvist's performance in game 3.
No need to quantify which version of 'amazing' was better...as if that was even possible. The point is the team played well for large portions of the games in Boston, but Hank was not at his best. Last night was the opposite.

Jersey Girl is offline  
Old
05-22-2013, 09:51 AM
  #533
Mio41
Ron Harris #3
 
Mio41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,319
vCash: 500
Hank deserves a better team and coach

Mio41 is offline  
Old
05-22-2013, 10:16 AM
  #534
Colorado Avalanche
Registered User
 
Colorado Avalanche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Lieto
Country: Finland
Posts: 15,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Well this game, he was really good. Not the best he's had, but really good. Of course that's why you're playing with fire when you have ****** games. You can have a great game and then still go down 3-0 in the series. ****ing Chicago scored 2 goals in the last 2 games. You just can't throw away games. Then you will have amazing games where your team can't score for you.
You have ridiculous expectations for great goaltending. Lundqvist did everything he could and even more. He was AMAZING. Without Lundqvist game is over after first period, 3-0.

Colorado Avalanche is online now  
Old
05-22-2013, 12:57 PM
  #535
LaGu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Taino
Posts: 1,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
No need to quantify which version of 'amazing' was better...as if that was even possible. The point is the team played well for large portions of the games in Boston, but Hank was not at his best. Last night was the opposite.
True, and I know that I am an outsider here but it's just that I don't think I have ever seen Lundqvist play as well as he did yesterday. That was the reason for my post. That said I have not seen all his games, but quite a few.

LaGu is offline  
Old
05-22-2013, 01:50 PM
  #536
Fataldogg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 6,222
vCash: 500
He's only played one bad game. I don't view his game one has a bad game. He let up two soft goals. Rask let up two soft goals. The Bruins found a way to win. Rangers didn't. Bruins had the better of the play in the first game, had more chances, more shots on goal, etc. They deserved to win.

Game two, the Bruins still outplayed us, but Rask was the difference. Rask was outstanding in the second period. That said, I'm not convinced the Rangers actually deserved to win the game for playing 20 minutes. But, Lundqvist was well below expectations and was a big contributor in the loss.

Game three was his best game of the series. If the team had a little more offensive potency, pressured the oppositions goaltender instead of sat back with a one goal lead, this team could be up 2-1. Instead, we're down 3-0 because of a bad bounce and a style of hockey that is way too passive.

Fataldogg is online now  
Old
05-22-2013, 02:14 PM
  #537
Jersey Girl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 3,291
vCash: 500
Here is the list of Stanley Cup winning goalies, and their cap hit, during the salary cap era:

2012 Los Angeles Kings Jamie Quick $1.8 million
2011 Boston Bruins Tim Thomas $5 million
2010 Chicago Blackhawks Antti Niemi $826,875
2009 Pittsburgh Penguins Marc-Andre Fleury $5 million
2008 Detroit Red Wings Chris Osgood $900,000
2007 Anaheim Ducks JS Giguere $3.9 million
2006 Carolina Hurricanes Cam Ward $684,000

Jersey Girl is offline  
Old
05-22-2013, 09:24 PM
  #538
Kwayry
Take the damn deal
 
Kwayry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Plano
Country: United States
Posts: 2,914
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
Here is the list of Stanley Cup winning goalies, and their cap hit, during the salary cap era:

2012 Los Angeles Kings Jamie Quick $1.8 million
2011 Boston Bruins Tim Thomas $5 million
2010 Chicago Blackhawks Antti Niemi $826,875
2009 Pittsburgh Penguins Marc-Andre Fleury $5 million
2008 Detroit Red Wings Chris Osgood $900,000
2007 Anaheim Ducks JS Giguere $3.9 million
2006 Carolina Hurricanes Cam Ward $684,000
What's the point of this post?
Is there a correlation between a goalie's caphit and the team winning a cup?

Kwayry is offline  
Old
05-23-2013, 04:42 AM
  #539
Chimp
Registered User
 
Chimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: In my food garden.
Country: Sweden
Posts: 10,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Girl View Post
So with all the playoff games Richter has played, you came up with only five 'ugly Richter moments'...nice!

Based on your criteria (which I do not necessarily agree with, like calling any late goal an ugly Richter moment) there are probably five 'ugly Lundqvist moments' in the Verizon Center alone!
Nevermind almost 40% of all playoff games have been against Washington, where Lundqvist has faced about 426 shots in Verizon Center alone. 5/ 426 = 1% of all shots. Not that I agree with those "5 ugly moments in Verizon Center alone", more like people wanting a scapegoat because the Rangers bubble teams were getting severely outplayed on most playoff nights. And nevermind the amazing saves in Verizon Center he had to make just keep his team in it.

That Richter only has five "ugly" moments might also have to do something about his career was over 15 years ago. Not an assumption, just a hypothetical question.
Quote:
I have to say, calling the Zelepukin goal an 'ugly Richter moment' is just you reaching for something bad to say about Richter. If you're going to blame the goalie for a guy standing at the doorstep getting 3-4 whacks at the puck without being touched, regardless of the time of the game, to be fair you'll have to blame Hank for goals like that as well...and that would NOT be fair!
And people aren't reaching for something bad to say about Lundqvist in here?
Quote:
... Hank seemed pretty depressed last night...he needs to get it back together by tomorrow night, we're probably going to need another one of those amazing efforts in game four.
Which probably won't help anyway. Which is the whole problem with this team and always has been.

Chimp is offline  
Old
05-27-2013, 11:05 AM
  #540
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts
 
haohmaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fleming Island, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 4,470
vCash: 500
Dan Rosen ‏@drosennhl 10m

Lundqvist has one more year on his contract. When asked if he is open to signing an extension he said he has to talk to his agent.

I really don't like the sound of that. He should be saying stuff like "I want to spend my career here and make it happen". Don't like the above AT ALL.

haohmaru is offline  
Old
05-27-2013, 11:08 AM
  #541
Crease
Registered User
 
Crease's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 9,414
vCash: 500
We are going to be steering away from general player discussion threads from now on. If you'd like to start a news-driven thread on Lundqvist, please feel free to do so.

Crease is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:38 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.