HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

OT: The New Killers CD...

Old
10-03-2006, 09:38 AM
Marchy79

vCash: 500
OT: The New Killers CD...

Hey guys...

I was pretty psyched for the album... All's I gotta say is it rocks so far

Marchy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2006, 10:48 AM
Dr. Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost # 1 View Post
Hey guys...

I was pretty psyched for the album... All's I gotta say is it rocks so far
People need friends so they can share album ideas with them...
Is this a hockey board?

Dr. Charles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2006, 11:06 AM
BORAT

Meh .... it was ok ....

Doesn't beat my New Sonic Youth Lp

Rather Ripped !!!!!

BORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2006, 11:27 AM
Pascal

Disapointed in their new album personally.. they tried too much to make "epic songs", and it shows. they should have kept it to solid melodies and simpler songs.

they said "it's one of the best rock albums ever"... o_O

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2006, 11:27 AM
Quiet Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORAT View Post
Meh .... it was ok ....

Doesn't beat my New Sonic Youth Lp

Rather Ripped !!!!!
Sonic Youth is here...

and The Killers are a few levels under this one.

Quiet Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2006, 11:29 AM
Pascal

Comparing apples and oranges there... not to mention old apples and new oranges

Old
10-03-2006, 11:41 AM
LeMAD

in two years nobody will remember the killers

LeMAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2006, 11:52 AM
Pascal

I guess bands should be starving in the street and if their music happens to become popular they should stop being such profiteers.

*ignore*

Old
10-03-2006, 11:54 AM
Fozz

No thanks.
Can't stand that guy's '80-sounding voice. It irritates me.

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2006, 12:09 PM
Quiet Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
Comparing apples and oranges there... not to mention old apples and new oranges
An apple a day keeps the doctor away. What has an orange ever done?

Apples >>>>> Oranges

Quiet Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2006, 12:17 PM
BORAT

I don't mind him so much .... it's just that to be franked I was a bit disillusioned by a couple of bands before them.

The Darkness etc...

For me the name to beat right now is definitly Franz Ferdinand.

They are amazing !

Old
10-03-2006, 12:21 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
I don't mind him so much .... it's just that to be franked I was a bit disillusioned by a couple of bands before them.

The Darkness etc...

For me the name to beat right now is definitly Franz Ferdinand.

They are amazing !
Franz second CD doesn't do it for me. It's like they rushed it or something and I can't stand it.

Shabutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2006, 12:23 PM
Shabutie

As for the Killers, apparently the new album is getting better reviews than the first...

And they aren't emo they're Pop-Rock/Alternative....If everyband/artist that talks about their girlfriends cheating on them or whatever then 95% of all bands/artists would be Emo. Don't pretend like you know a damned thing about music, mon ami.

Old
10-03-2006, 12:24 PM
oop007*

Less Than Jake made a new cd that blows too. To be honest guys, almost every bands new cds lately have been crap. I'm not only flaming the emo bands, punk/metal/hardcore/etc have all been having artists making ****tier cds by the year. The last year or so nothing that great has come out, a few here and there tho. I've been listening to Toxicity by SOAD lately, some rage against the machine etc. If you can't find good new music, it's time to go listen to the good old music again. (60s 70s etc aswell)

oop007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2006, 12:28 PM
oop007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabutie View Post
As for the Killers, apparently the new album is getting better reviews than the first...

And they aren't emo they're Pop-Rock/Alternative....If everyband/artist that talks about their girlfriends cheating on them or whatever then 95% of all bands/artists would be Emo. Don't pretend like you know a damned thing about music, mon ami.
Okay, I do agree with you to a certain degree. Sometimes emo is oftenly overused on bands which happen to just have a few emo-esque songs. But fact is they alternative is a nice way of saying "Emo but we don't wanna call ourselves it" and 50% of the time it's the same thing with Pop-Rock man. You may aswell have said "And they aren't emo they're emo/emo" lol. The guy sings a song about how his gf is cheating on him, how he knows and see's it happening but he's too much of an emo ***** to do anything about it. Sorry I don't care, if your that in love with a chick that u would let her cheat just to stay with her, your an emo kiddy. And if you sing about that your an emo kiddy. They dress emo, they sing emo, they where emo and they PURPOSELY personify themselves in an emo-esque way because they know that's what's popular and that isn't music guys, that's marketing. I wanna listen to music people made because they were trying to be creative. If they make money off of it fine, but fact is their songs take very little creativity to make and the guys monotone horrible voice gets so annoying. The songs are retarded and easy to play. A Child could write better lyrics and guitar licks. They're pathetic.

Old
10-03-2006, 12:33 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oop007 View Post
Okay, I do agree with you to a certain degree. Sometimes emo is oftenly overused on bands which happen to just have a few emo-esque songs. But fact is they alternative is a nice way of saying "Emo but we don't wanna call ourselves it" and 50% of the time it's the same thing with Pop-Rock man. You may aswell have said "And they aren't emo they're emo/emo" lol. The guy sings a song about how his gf is cheating on him, how he knows and see's it happening but he's too much of an emo ***** to do anything about it. Sorry I don't care, if your that in love with a chick that u would let her cheat just to stay with her, your an emo kiddy. And if you sing about that your an emo kiddy. They dress emo, they sing emo, they where emo and they PURPOSELY personify themselves in an emo-esque way because they know that's what's popular and that isn't music guys, that's marketing. I wanna listen to music people made because they were trying to be creative. If they make money off of it fine, but fact is their songs take very little creativity to make and the guys monotone horrible voice gets so annoying. The songs are retarded and easy to play. A Child could write better lyrics and guitar licks. They're pathetic.
I don't get how they dress or sing emo. He isn't singing in a whiny voice nor is he dressed with slim pants and a black band t-shirt named "I lost my heart to a valentine on christmas morning". Emo is generally whiny, depressing music. Killers have an upbeat sound...There lyrics might be retarded but people like em...who cares. They still aren't emo, they're just gay.

Old
10-03-2006, 12:35 PM
BORAT

Quote:

Well maybe I was more into the Butthole Surfers, Pulp, Sonic Youth and Mudhoney as a teenager !

but I never said the killers were EMO, the Killers are definitly alternative !

I dunno have they gotten mellower ?

I remember how Hardcore Incubus, Sugar Ray and Limp Bizkit used to be ...

the moment they turn commercial the music mellowed out !

Almost elevator music

Old
10-03-2006, 12:36 PM
BORAT

Quote:
I don't get how they dress or sing emo. He isn't singing in a whiny voice nor is he dressed with slim pants and a black band t-shirt named "I lost my heart to a valentine on christmas morning". Emo is generally whiny, depressing music. Killers have an upbeat sound...There lyrics might be retarded but people like em...who cares. They still aren't emo, they're just gay.
Bhahahahaha

see Raine Maida :

Our Lady Peace singer is like listening to a medieval clown

Old
10-03-2006, 12:37 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oop007 View Post
Wow, please don't tell me that your an emo kiddy too? I like music from almost every different genre, I even have heard songs by emo bands like Alkaline Trio that I thought were good. I'm not being biased. I like all sorts of ****. Fact is tho they're emo and they're ****.
I'm a person who really hates metal. I listen mostly to "straight edge" Hardcore but I'll listen to some Pop/Rock (brand new), Indie rock and post-hardcore from time to time.

Old
10-03-2006, 12:39 PM
Shabutie

Quote:
Well maybe I was more into the Butthole Surfers, Pulp, Sonic Youth and Mudhoney as a teenager !

Almost elevator music
Borat, my friend, that message wasn't for you

Old
10-03-2006, 12:39 PM
oop007*

Quote:
LOL okay man, the lyrics are emo, the voice isn't but the voice is just gay period. Secondly they were makeup and dye their hair jet black. They do everything they need to do to ride the emo wave and make their money man. Honestly bands can't do it by making good music nemore, they can only do it by riding the next big thing. If the next big thing is running around on stage in a pink tootoo, you can be sure they'll do it. Frankly the only way they would quit is if the next big thing was actually "writing GOOD music" cause then they just don't have enough talent.

Old
10-03-2006, 12:40 PM
mcphee

I figure music's pretty subjective. I can listen to Jonny Cash,Dylan,Neil Young and Lucinda Williams and need nothing else. I don't need anyone else to like them, nor do I need to berate anyone else because they don't. My 15 year old listens to a geeky Idol kid, along with Joni Mitchell, her choice.

I don't need to belittle anyone for their particular taste. Someone out there buys Barry Manilow records and I'm ok with it. What would motivate you 007 to jump all over someone because his taste is different ? Maybe a liitle insecurity perhaps ?

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2006, 12:42 PM
oop007*

Quote:
I'm a person who really hates metal. I listen mostly to "straight edge" Hardcore but I'll listen to some Pop/Rock (brand new), Indie rock and post-hardcore from time to time.
Brand new is an emo band, lol. And fact is, sXe is a choice, making bands around sXe is retarded and honestly, think up some more lyrics other then how hardcore sXe you are and how drugs r bad.

Old
10-03-2006, 12:42 PM
mcphee

Quote:

Almost elevator music
Borat, don't give me that, when you were a teenager, Paul Anka was releasing Dianna. [the song, I'm not referring to a hostage situation]

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-03-2006, 12:45 PM
oop007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I figure music's pretty subjective. I can listen to Jonny Cash,Dylan,Neil Young and Lucinda Williams and need nothing else. I don't need anyone else to like them, nor do I need to berate anyone else because they don't. My 15 year old listens to a geeky Idol kid, along with Joni Mitchell, her choice.

I don't need to belittle anyone for their particular taste. Someone out there buys Barry Manilow records and I'm ok with it. What would motivate you 007 to jump all over someone because his taste is different ? Maybe a liitle insecurity perhaps ?
Ahh but I'm not belittleing. Read from the beginning. I stated a point and an opinion. I don't like the killers, and they are emo. Fact is, I'm not the one who cares, all the people rushing to their defense are. If you want to live in a world of delusion then believe they aren't emo. It's your choice. If you don't think they're emo I really don't care but they are. And fact is, it is true that most of the time when a band is called emo, it IS the emo kiddies who listen to them who rush to their defense and call them non-emo.