HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Draft Thread Part 2: Bark to the Future

Closed Thread

Old
05-22-2013, 10:40 AM
Preddownsouth

vCash: 500
Interesting quotes from Sports.ru:

Igor Eronko @IgorEronko
Valeri Nichushkin, one of #NHLdraft2013 favorites, told Rsport.ru he had terminated contract with #Dynamo and now moves towards #NHL

Igor Eronko @IgorEronko
Nichushkin: 'I know that #Bolts and #Preds like me and I hope to be selected in top5'

Igor Eronko @IgorEronko
@dabrams2021 Barkov sidelined till October with shoulder injury. I'd bet on #Preds

Old
05-22-2013, 10:46 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Heh, draft Nich if true, trade for Burmi.

Nichukin-Burmisov-Forsberg

Old
05-22-2013, 11:17 AM
maplepred

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Heh, draft Nich if true, trade for Burmi.

Nichukin-Burmisov-Forsberg
Really?? I think I would rather have barkov over nichushkin any day of the week. Nichushkin is a beast, but I still think we should go with barkov no matter what IMO.

But burmistrov with nich does sound fun, poile could go all Russian again! But barkov is of Russian decent, good enough for burmistrov to have a buddy!
Plus their names both end with OV lol

Old
05-22-2013, 11:37 AM
I Will Son
An Army of One

If so then this possibly changes the draft board.

I'd take him

Old
05-22-2013, 11:41 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

People have been saying Nich is a top 3 pick except for the KHL factor. Now? Jones. 1 Halifax kid 2. Nich 3. David Poile ******** himself at 4

Old
05-22-2013, 11:48 AM
iKiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
Really?? I think I would rather have barkov over nichushkin any day of the week. Nichushkin is a beast, but I still think we should go with barkov no matter what IMO.

But burmistrov with nich does sound fun, poile could go all Russian again! But barkov is of Russian decent, good enough for burmistrov to have a buddy!
Plus their names both end with OV lol
Yeah I say preds go with Barkov anyway. Prospect board has links stating that he started cycling and should start practicing at the start of the summer.

We will see I guess..

Old
05-22-2013, 11:55 AM
Filipthefuture

Now things are interesting, I think we should trade for another top pick and grab both

Old
05-22-2013, 12:03 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preddownsouth View Post
Interesting quotes from Sports.ru:

Igor Eronko @IgorEronko
Valeri Nichushkin, one of #NHLdraft2013 favorites, told Rsport.ru he had terminated contract with #Dynamo and now moves towards #NHL

Igor Eronko @IgorEronko
Nichushkin: 'I know that #Bolts and #Preds like me and I hope to be selected in top5'

Igor Eronko @IgorEronko
@dabrams2021 Barkov sidelined till October with shoulder injury. I'd bet on #Preds
Wow...that changes everything. Isn't Barkov's shoulder a nagging injury?

Old
05-22-2013, 12:14 PM
PFL615

Ohhh things just got interesting...
I would still take the big center Barkov though i think.

Old
05-22-2013, 12:27 PM
JamboPred

Igor Eronko's tweet said Barkov is out until October with his injury. However this article quotes Barkov's father saying that he may begin training as normal in June. After getting checked by doctors.

Through google translate -

I believe that he will be able to train normally in the summer. Six weeks after (surgery), doctors consider the matter, the central attacker's father Aleksander Barkov senior told of the situation on Thursday, MTV3 MAX World Cup studio.

http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/jaakiekko...u-aikataulussa

Old
05-22-2013, 01:03 PM
thomast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamboPred View Post
Igor Eronko's tweet said Barkov is out until October with his injury. However this article quotes Barkov's father saying that he may begin training as normal in June. After getting checked by doctors.

Through google translate -

I believe that he will be able to train normally in the summer. Six weeks after (surgery), doctors consider the matter, the central attacker's father Aleksander Barkov senior told of the situation on Thursday, MTV3 MAX World Cup studio.

http://www.mtv3.fi/urheilu/jaakiekko...u-aikataulussa
http://yle.fi/urheilu/aleksander_bar...alussa/6561677

Interview of his doctor talking about the injury.

Old
05-22-2013, 01:09 PM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
I will be shocked if poile gambles our highest draft pick in 15 years on a russian but it does make things interesting. If anything guarantees poile will have a choice of studs at 4. I wonder if there is any chance mackinnon falls to 4??

Old
05-22-2013, 01:23 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

I see MacK being there if Nich is picked by TBL. Highly skilled #1 center or Big skilled two way center?

Old
05-22-2013, 01:25 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I will be shocked if poile gambles our highest draft pick in 15 years on a russian but it does make things interesting. If anything guarantees poile will have a choice of studs at 4. I wonder if there is any chance mackinnon falls to 4??
After Mac scored a hattie in their playoffs, I'd be shocked if he fell to #3.

Old
05-22-2013, 01:48 PM
misfit

vCash: 50
Barkov's injury shouldn't even be a consideration unless it's potentially career altering (which there's no indication of it being). To not take him just because he could miss a couple of weeks of a season would be beyond foolish.

If Nichushkin doesn't make an NHL team right out of camp, he'll be back in the KHL for sure. He basically has two timelines to make the jump to the NHL; Immediately, or in 2 years when his Dynamo contract is up. The entire "contract termination" thing is only to improve his draft position.

As for the "Tbay and Preds like me" thing, agian, it's a way to get a team outside the top 5 to trade up and take him (thus, guaranteeing him a top 5 selection). Don't read too much into it. In fact, I'd be completely floored if either of those teams took him.

Stanislav Galiev tried the same thing to make sure he was a 1st rounder when he said the Oilers told him if he was available with their 2nd pick (the 1st pick in round 2 that year) that they were going to take him. The Oilers had 3 second rounders and the first pick in the 3rd round and passed on him all 4 times in that draft.

05-22-2013, 02:00 PM
Legionnaire11

Barkov has to be the pick because of being the Thornton type top line center that we have always needed. Unless of course MacKinnon is around at #4 then we take him.

I know you don't draft for position with lottery picks, but you really can't go wrong with any of the top 4 (now 5?), so getting a center is icing on the cake.

Old
05-22-2013, 02:10 PM
RaiderDoug

The best thing about this is it might tempt Tampa into drafting him at #3, dropping Drouin to us.

I like Barkov, but we're slowing building him up to some sort of hybrid between Bobby Orr and Wayne Gretzky around here. The guy has some potential, but if there's a concern, it's his offensive game. We might be drafting a bigger Mike Fisher.

Drouin would be exactly what this franchise needs from an offensive standpoint.

Old
05-22-2013, 02:11 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Either we go Barkov ... and we move Wilson to Center (was our plan last year) OR we go Nichushkin and have a future first line of Nichushkin - Wilson - Forsberg ... either way, I'm cool with it ... but I'd really much rather have the Center who's played against Grown men the last year or so and has produced *but that's just me*

Old
05-22-2013, 02:13 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I don't know, I've heard Nichushkin has the highest offensive upside in the draft. He's a winger though right?

Old
05-22-2013, 02:15 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
I don't know, I've heard Nichushkin has the highest offensive upside in the draft. He's a winger though right?
yes ... the centers in the top 5 are Barkov & Mackinnon & the wingers are Nichushkin & Drouin

Old
05-22-2013, 02:23 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I mean if he's a true sniper, that's something we've never had. I've heard Barkov described as a lot of things but a sniper isn't one of them.

Old
05-22-2013, 02:27 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

We have to trus the scouts. We are in an enviable position. Even if Lindholm is the pick, we have acquired two high end offensive prospects for the first time in our entire history - radulov being the only close exception

Old
05-22-2013, 02:30 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
We have to trus the scouts. We are in an enviable position. Even if Lindholm is the pick, we have acquired two high end offensive prospects for the first time in our entire history - radulov being the only close exception
No doubt, seems like we're going to get some sort of awesome offensive talent out of this...

Old
05-22-2013, 03:25 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

You can tell we love drouin and mackinnon. Check out that article on NP.com - glowing. I think Barkov is next for us, but if Poile feels like Nich or Lindholm could be available at 8, and the drop off isn't huge, he may trade the pick to the sabres IMO. Honestly, I didn't expect to have a 1st round pick, much less fourth overall. I'm excited to see what this franchise does. Poile doesn't win a lot of trades, but he rarely makes poor decisions.

Old
05-22-2013, 03:55 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Looking through the drafts, not many franchise players are picked with the 4th pick.

Closed Thread