HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Our playoff no-shows

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-22-2013, 12:54 PM
  #26
Callagraves
Block shots
 
Callagraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post

Hagelin Kreider Callahan
would be terrific.
CK has amateur experience in the pivot, would it kill to give a few shifts there?
He can't handle the defensive responsibilities of a winger, you want to give him a more crucial and difficult position?

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 01:00 PM
  #27
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conine View Post
Nash better need some kind of major surgery this off season or else Sather made one of his worst moves of his tenure here, bringing this guy in for 4 roster players. Completely gutting a team for a soft, slow, heartless player.
Because he's retiring after this year? He still very green when it comes to the playoffs and he sees more attention than anyone else on this team. That said I AM worried about him and that's why he's in this thread.

BTW, trading Nash allowed us to trade Gaborik who brought back some very good assets himself.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 01:02 PM
  #28
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,810
vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
CK has amateur experience in the pivot, would it kill to give a few shifts there?
It would kill me.

__________________
Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 01:04 PM
  #29
Callagraves
Block shots
 
Callagraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepanformayor View Post
You can blame the players all you want but this is about the system they play!! Torts has to go!!
Stepan produces great- I told you so!

Stepan struggles- Torts has to go!


Gotta love this guy.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 01:06 PM
  #30
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,232
vCash: 500
BTW, I didn't mention Richards because I'll be shocked and extremely disappointed if he's on the team next year. The guy has been beyond useless, a liability if anything.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 01:42 PM
  #31
SickNice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hoboken, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 485
vCash: 500
There's enough to say about the poor performance of many players, but here's another context. Given importance of salaries and cap hits, here's a view of our forwards production in terms of their cap hit per point (displayed in $1,000k / point). I've provided the figures based on the regular season and the playoffs to show the disparity.

PO Regular
Mats Zuccarello $117 $88
Carl Hagelin $175 $36
Derek Stepan $292 $20
Derick Brassard $320 $291
Taylor Pyatt $388 $141
Arron Asham $500 $500
Brian Boyle $567 $340
Ryan Callahan $855 $138
Chris Kreider $1,325 $442
Derek Dorsett $1,633 ---
Rick Nash $1,950 $186
Ryane Clowe $3,625 $453
Brad Richards $6,667 $196

It's just a rough analysis, and it doesn't really identify anything too surprising, but illustrates a few points within the context of the salary cap. (1) Richards and Nash clearly haven't produced - no surprise. (2) That being said, every single forward has seen a decrease in their production with the exception of Asham. (3) Finally, it does provide some perspective on who have been our best bargains. Clearly Hags and Step were great for the $ in regular season, and its no surprise that they will be due raises this year. But Zuc, Pyatt and Brassard have done well given investments in them.

SickNice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 02:17 PM
  #32
TankLarkin
Registered User
 
TankLarkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Ranger View Post
My thoughts:

Didn't show up: Richards, MDZ

Disappointments: Nash, Girardi, Boyle, to a degree Stepan

Showed up: HL, McD, Stralman, Brass, Moore, Cally, Dorsett

The rest were somewhere in between.
good assessment.

TankLarkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 02:24 PM
  #33
IBleedNYRBlue
Registered User
 
IBleedNYRBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,780
vCash: 500
Richards and Del Zotto don't deserve to step foot in the Garden.

Both have been putrid.

It amazes me how bad of a hockey IQ MDZ has. It's like at points he can't even follow the puck on the ice like a person who doesn't follow hockey has trouble following the puck on TV.

IBleedNYRBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 02:46 PM
  #34
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,865
vCash: 500
Who is this guy "Richards" everyone is talking about?

Oh wait, the 4th liner who got 8 min last night? That Richards?

Biggest fail of them all if you ask me. Hes killed this team on so many levels.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 02:47 PM
  #35
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBleedNYRBlue View Post
Richards and Del Zotto don't deserve to step foot in the Garden.

Both have been putrid.

It amazes me how bad of a hockey IQ MDZ has. It's like at points he can't even follow the puck on the ice like a person who doesn't follow hockey has trouble following the puck on TV.
He's been bad. Real bad. Disappointing.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 02:47 PM
  #36
RangerFan10
Registered User
 
RangerFan10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island/Plattsbu
Country: United States
Posts: 5,327
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Everyone outside of Lundqvist, Brassard, Callahan and McDonagh haven't brought it this series as far as I'm concerned. I might give Stralman, Asham and Zuccarello a break based on their pay grade. Dorsett and Moore because they're fairly new and have done some good.

Richards, Del Zotto, Nash...the whole bunch. Embarrassing. You almost wish we didn't make the playoffs with this performance.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 04:38 PM
  #37
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence
 
KreiMeARiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UES
Posts: 6,594
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
Everyone outside of Lundqvist, Brassard, Callahan and McDonagh haven't brought it this series as far as I'm concerned. I might give Stralman, Asham and Zuccarello a break based on their pay grade. Dorsett and Moore because they're fairly new and have done some good.

Richards, Del Zotto, Nash...the whole bunch. Embarrassing. You almost wish we didn't make the playoffs with this performance.
We have players that don't appear to be built for the playoffs (Nash, Stepan, etc.), and a coach that has been tuned out.

KreiMeARiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 04:40 PM
  #38
RangerFan10
Registered User
 
RangerFan10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island/Plattsbu
Country: United States
Posts: 5,327
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KreiMeARiver View Post
We have players that don't appear to be built for the playoffs (Nash, Stepan, etc.), and a coach that has been tuned out.
I'm not sure that's fair on Nash. Not an excuse, but none of his playoff appearances seem to have been ideal. I feel like if Nash was on last year's team he would've put up numbers.

He's looked good this series. Unfortunately not many others have.

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 04:40 PM
  #39
Aufheben
Moderator
The jam must flow...
 
Aufheben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Victoria, B.C.
Country: Angola
Posts: 10,377
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Who is this guy "Richards" everyone is talking about?

Oh wait, the 4th liner who got 8 min last night? That Richards?

Biggest fail of them all if you ask me. Hes killed this team on so many levels.

Aufheben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 05:59 PM
  #40
Kris Chreider
Pass Off The Pads
 
Kris Chreider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NYC/Minneapolis
Country: United States
Posts: 7,280
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by aufheben View Post
I just sprayed my iced coffee all over my iPad.

Kris Chreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 07:54 PM
  #41
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
Everyone outside of Lundqvist, Brassard, Callahan and McDonagh haven't brought it this series as far as I'm concerned. I might give Stralman, Asham and Zuccarello a break based on their pay grade. Dorsett and Moore because they're fairly new and have done some good.

Richards, Del Zotto, Nash...the whole bunch. Embarrassing. You almost wish we didn't make the playoffs with this performance.
Nash brought it this series as much as Lundqvist, 1 game.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 08:06 PM
  #42
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
May as well re-name this thread "Everyone but Hank and BrassGod"

Clowes Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 08:46 PM
  #43
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,487
vCash: 500
Beaver, Nash, Callahan, Girardi, Del Zotto. I think that covers the main no-shows.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 08:56 PM
  #44
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grind Jam Grind View Post
Beaver, Nash, Callahan, Girardi, Del Zotto. I think that covers the main no-shows.
Well, Girardi was good in the first series at least.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 09:57 PM
  #45
Aufheben
Moderator
The jam must flow...
 
Aufheben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Victoria, B.C.
Country: Angola
Posts: 10,377
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Chreider View Post
I just sprayed my iced coffee all over my iPad.
LIRL. Well, you can ask Brad for a new one.

Aufheben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 01:15 AM
  #46
Affinity
Registered User
 
Affinity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toms River, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 7,069
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Who is this guy "Richards" everyone is talking about?

Oh wait, the 4th liner who got 8 min last night? That Richards?

Biggest fail of them all if you ask me. Hes killed this team on so many levels.
Wow he's getting into Chris Kreider territory with Torts there.

Affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 05:17 AM
  #47
pucci2001
Registered User
 
pucci2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepanformayor View Post
You can blame the players all you want but this is about the system they play!! Torts has to go!!
Leaf fan coming in peace, praying you guys smash the **** out of the Bruins for us. But yeah, this.

Torts has been the Ron Wilson of your team, he has never had a good powerplay(RW was PK but same difference), he has destroyed your potential superstars to reward blue collar guys which is fine but he has failed to coach superstars such as Gaborik, Nash, Richards, Hagelin(on the PP at least). I think they need to give the players a pass(even Richards unless you really don't mind buying him out for big $). Yeah the playoffs were disappointing but your coach is a side show, his press conferences and interviews are a joke,

Get someone in that can coach and is creative. You have some of the top players in the league, find a coach that can tap into their talent and make the most of them instead of just crap talk them and put them on the 4th line or take them off the powerplay. Get it done before Henrik's time is gone, you won't find another like him in decades - he is world class.

pucci2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 05:23 AM
  #48
pucci2001
Registered User
 
pucci2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,072
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Because he's retiring after this year? He still very green when it comes to the playoffs and he sees more attention than anyone else on this team. That said I AM worried about him and that's why he's in this thread.

BTW, trading Nash allowed us to trade Gaborik who brought back some very good assets himself.
Go back and watch Nash in the Olympics, he is far from heartless. I think maybe he just has an adjustment period from coming from CBJ which was a team that was irrelevant and never played an important game in the history of the franchise(until after Nash was gone at least). He is still top 15 players in the league when it comes to forwards. Your coach is a spaz and I am pretty sure none of the stars on your team enjoy tolerating his crap.

pucci2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 06:02 AM
  #49
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pucci2001 View Post
Leaf fan coming in peace, praying you guys smash the **** out of the Bruins for us. But yeah, this.

Torts has been the Ron Wilson of your team, he has never had a good powerplay(RW was PK but same difference), he has destroyed your potential superstars to reward blue collar guys which is fine but he has failed to coach superstars such as Gaborik, Nash, Richards, Hagelin(on the PP at least). I think they need to give the players a pass(even Richards unless you really don't mind buying him out for big $). Yeah the playoffs were disappointing but your coach is a side show, his press conferences and interviews are a joke,

Get someone in that can coach and is creative. You have some of the top players in the league, find a coach that can tap into their talent and make the most of them instead of just crap talk them and put them on the 4th line or take them off the powerplay. Get it done before Henrik's time is gone, you won't find another like him in decades - he is world class.
Hagelin is not a superstar. Most of the rest I agree with. Though Richards this year is not Torts' fault the guy is as washed up as washed up gets.

It's funny how fans of other teams have a really high opinion of the Rangers' roster and Rangers fans think it sucks. I'm much closer to fans of other teams with the caveat that some of our most important players have sucked in the playoffs. Stepan and Nash can turn it around. The Olympics are a good point about Nash. This is really his first SC playoffs, the first was a caveat against one of the best rosters post lockout, on a ****** team and he got 3 points in 4 games (not great, not bad). Callahan however I have all but given up as being a playoff performer. Maybe another coach can help. I really want Torts gone.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 10:24 AM
  #50
SickNice
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hoboken, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 485
vCash: 500
Snow, your comment about other fan's percpetion of the Rangers talent level is true. They think we're one of the most talented teams in the league and are filled with stars. I think we underestimate it a bit, and the truth is somewhere in the middle, but interesting nevertheless.

SickNice is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.