HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

2012-2013 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread 5.0

Closed Thread

Old
05-22-2013, 04:10 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

vCash: 50
Right now we have 39 contracts assuming Kaberle is bought out and all RFAs except Stejskal and Schultz are re-signed. Hopefully we get in on some undrafted CHL overagers over the summer since we missed the boat with NCAA guys and we have nobody else to sign(assuming Pribyl is also just going to be let go like Archambust). We've got

Goes up to 41 contracts if slide risk contracts count, as I didn't count Collberg/Hudon.

Old
05-22-2013, 04:28 PM
Treb

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
It only says they're not officialy decided yet. If we don't sign him, Timmins and co will have to take 1 more quebecer at the draft to appease the media.

Old
05-22-2013, 04:30 PM
LeMAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
"Habs still haven't annouced if they'll sign Archambault"

Old
05-22-2013, 05:06 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treb View Post
It only says they're not officialy decided yet.
Not my fault if the OP of this news chew his own conclusion.

Old
05-22-2013, 05:11 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Thing is, and I don't remember, have we often waited that long to sign a kid? Everything indicates that they are not going to sign him. I would have signed him. He did enough to be signed.

Makes me laugh when the reason is that we have enough small players...'cause we are not going to sign or draft anybody small anymore?

Old
05-22-2013, 05:23 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
It only says they're not officialy decided yet. If we don't sign him, Timmins and co will have to take 1 more quebecer at the draft to appease the media.
I doubt they are the least bit concerned about appeasing the media. But by the same token, it's a superb year for drafting from the Q, so it can't possibly hurt us to break some draft-day BPA ties by going Q. I'll be a little disappointed if we don't end up with at least 2-3 Q players. Just because they're good, and might get overlooked, and it would actually advantage us to not overlook them too.

Old
05-22-2013, 05:25 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

We signed Joonas Nättinen and Sergei Kostitsyn 6 days before the deadline, in their respective years. Greg Stewart 2 days before.

Old
05-22-2013, 05:25 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
Won't lose any sleep. Hated the pick then and I'm okay with the decision right now.
Was that really a bad pick? You can go with projects later in the draft. No trouble with me.

Old
05-22-2013, 05:27 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Thing is, and I don't remember, have we often waited that long to sign a kid? Everything indicates that they are not going to sign him. I would have signed him. He did enough to be signed.

Makes me laugh when the reason is that we have enough small players...'cause we are not going to sign or draft anybody small anymore?
I think it's more about his style of play combined with his size. You can survive fine at 5'11 in the NHL if you are gritty/physical enough. There are plenty of examples. He is known for having attitude problems too.

I have full confidence in Bergevin and Timmins, if they don't sign, it's because it's not worth it.

Old
05-22-2013, 06:12 PM
MXD

Quote:
They actually just have to sign Stefan Fournier. Not as skilled, but better player.

Old
05-22-2013, 06:14 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
I think it's more about his style of play combined with his size. You can survive fine at 5'11 in the NHL if you are gritty/physical enough. There are plenty of examples. He is known for having attitude problems too.

I have full confidence in Bergevin and Timmins, if they don't sign, it's because it's not worth it.
As a sidenote...
Do you think there's a correlation between « having attitude problems » and « playing for the Foreurs »?

Old
05-22-2013, 06:41 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
As a sidenote...
Do you think there's a correlation between « having attitude problems » and « playing for the Foreurs »?
I don't think Dumont is a very good coach, but I know from solid sources that Archambault thinks highly of himself. Maybe it could've worked out for him somewhere else, because Dumont might not have the best methods with his players, but I don't think Archambault's attitude would have been considered normal anywhere else. The kid had attitude problems and was a selfish player.

A good organization like Drummondville can help a player, but they can't do what the player has to do.

Old
05-22-2013, 07:11 PM
S Bah

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post

I don't ever recall any GM's saying that in my life, that would be certain death as a GM drafting 1st overall, with another Wayne Gretzky to draft after a statement like that. On another note Winnipeg's Alex Burmistrov has asked for a trade and Zach Bogosian hasn't started negotiations either which leads one to wonder if both want out.

Zach was unhappy when they were in Atlanta and when the franchise moved to Winnipeg. I believe that Rick Dudley the Habs Asst. GM was GM when Atlanta drafted Bogosian. He's always been a player that I have coveted and would love to see in Montreal.

Bogosian would give the Habs an outstanding defence corps, with Tinordi and Beaulieu joining the Habs within two years. Burmistrov originally a center has been playing at LW a position the Habs haven't got depth at, perhaps the Habs can make a trade for both.

Using draft picks from 2013/2014, roster players and prospects, Bergevin can acquire two players that can be added to the core group. Speeding up the rebuilding process by a couple of years.

Old
05-22-2013, 07:41 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Was that really a bad pick? You can go with projects later in the draft. No trouble with me.
I never liked his work ethic and personality issues reported from local sources. They (and I) wanted Pageau with the Josiah Didier pick but Ottawa snagged him right before us. He was the token Québécois after that unfortunately.

EDIT:
Quote:
but I know from solid sources that Archambault thinks highly of himself.
There you go. You know a little about him too

Old
05-22-2013, 08:12 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
I never liked his work ethic and personality issues reported from local sources. They (and I) wanted Pageau with the Josiah Didier pick but Ottawa snagged him right before us. He was the token Québécois after that unfortunately.
If they really wanted Pageau...they would have kept their 3rd.

Old
05-22-2013, 08:17 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Probably thought he'd be available. I mean it was 1 pick away.

Old
05-22-2013, 08:30 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Yeah, but there was already that rumor prior to the draft that the local Sens was interested. Honestly...they might have had some interest.....but not sure they were THAT interested....Strange though that they go with a player like Archambault right after though... Because what Archambault is right now...he was when they picked him. They knew what they were getting. Was really predictable in his case. In Archambault's case, it's not about what he's giving you right now. It's about what he'll do later on. Somehow, I believe Archambault's style of play might suit him more as he progresses.

Old
05-22-2013, 08:46 PM
Habiton

Quote:
If a team wants a player they will get him, see Tinordi. There was enough evidence to suggest Pageau was going go to Ottawa. My question to you is did you want him then or did you want him now and are pretending you wanted him then?

Everyone hits and misses, thats just how the draft works

Old
05-22-2013, 08:59 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

I honestly wanted him then. Go back and look through the draft threads. Didn't think he'd develop this quick/well though.

Old
05-22-2013, 09:38 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Wrong thread.

Last edited by Whitesnake: 05-23-2013 at 05:17 PM.
Old
05-23-2013, 06:36 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezpz View Post
Right now we have 39 contracts assuming Kaberle is bought out and all RFAs except Stejskal and Schultz are re-signed. Hopefully we get in on some undrafted CHL overagers over the summer since we missed the boat with NCAA guys and we have nobody else to sign(assuming Pribyl is also just going to be let go like Archambust). We've got

Goes up to 41 contracts if slide risk contracts count, as I didn't count Collberg/Hudon.
We signed Condon who was an NCAA guy.

I'm sure we'll sign 3-4 NHL FA's, that leaves 6-7 spots to be filled. I wouldn't mind 2-3 Euro FA's, we hit a good one with Diaz and there NHL is littered with guys who were 23-27 when they came from Europe. Also, we need a few solid AHL vets for Hamilton and for potential callups, last year the team in Hamilton was too young.

Old
05-23-2013, 03:58 PM
MXD

Quote:
I don't think Dumont is a very good coach, but I know from solid sources that Archambault thinks highly of himself. Maybe it could've worked out for him somewhere else, because Dumont might not have the best methods with his players, but I don't think Archambault's attitude would have been considered normal anywhere else. The kid had attitude problems and was a selfish player.

A good organization like Drummondville can help a player, but they can't do what the player has to do.
This wasn't only about Archambeault... This was also about Murphy, Richard, O'Neill...

Old
05-23-2013, 05:00 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
This wasn't only about Archambeault... This was also about Murphy, Richard, O'Neill...
Murphy wanted to be closer to his family. Richard has attitude problems and Neill wanted to go to an Anglo CÉGEP.

I don't think players are running away from Val-D'or, they have a pretty good reputation as an organization, having developed many NHLers. Might not have been the same with Dumont at the helm, but they have the team back on track.

Old
05-24-2013, 05:02 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
He speaks french for his interviews.
You mean Franglais. No way would I call that French.

Old
05-24-2013, 11:03 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
You mean Franglais. No way would I call that French.
Good god, are we actually going to start deriding people for the quality of their french now? I hope our coach and GM aren't reading this thread.

Closed Thread