HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

C/LW Jonathan Drouin - Halifax Mooseheads, QMJHL (2013, 3rd overall, Tampa Bay) II

Closed Thread

Old
05-11-2013, 01:20 AM
sanitysrequiem

vCash: 500
Drouin shouldn't have gotten the MVP for playoffs, Mackinnon played better than him.

Old
05-11-2013, 01:21 AM
RJQuack

Quote:
Originally Posted by typicryptic View Post
Drouin shouldn't have gotten the MVP for playoffs, Mackinnon played better than him.
Well, that's debatable, but I agree on the MVP part. It was Abeltshauser then a tie between Fucale and Fournier... Maybe the Q got it wrong, or im not an expert lol.

Old
05-11-2013, 02:10 AM
George Maharis
Harbor Hopper

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJQuack View Post
Well, that's debatable, but I agree on the MVP part. It was Abeltshauser then a tie between Fucale and Fournier... Maybe the Q got it wrong, or im not an expert lol.
For me it went:

Fucale
Drouin/Fournier
Abeltshauser/MacKinnon/Frk

Old
05-11-2013, 02:13 AM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 420
I've said it before, but I think this kid will have a Galchenyuk-like season next year in the NHL. Especially if he ends up somehow playing with Stamkos.

Old
05-11-2013, 07:46 AM
Ryan English
@ryanenglish_FC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
I've said it before, but I think this kid will have a Galchenyuk-like season next year in the NHL. Especially if he ends up somehow playing with Stamkos.
I agree, him and Stamkos would be scary.

I see him producing more than Galchenyuk this season, because his playmaking is so high-end he'll rack up powerplay points even if he struggles 5 on 5.

Old
05-22-2013, 11:45 AM
DKQ
Generic User Title

Nichushkin has apparently committed to North America this season, and some Tampa fans seem to think he could be their target for 3rd overall. So is there now a chance Drouin falls all the way to 5th?

Old
05-22-2013, 11:58 AM
R S
Renegade Stylings

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKQ View Post
Nichushkin has apparently committed to North America this season, and some Tampa fans seem to think he could be their target for 3rd overall. So is there now a chance Drouin falls all the way to 5th?
Nope.

Old
05-22-2013, 12:04 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

Quote:
Drouin is too much to pass up for Nashville. As much as I like Barkov, I don't think Nashville could pass up on a RNH+Kane hybrid type of player for their franchise.

Old
05-22-2013, 12:10 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

There has to be a way for Lou to move up and snatch Drouin, there just has to be.

We are lacking offense like you wouldn't believe, we have one legit scorer in Kovalchuk and the others are either on the decline even if they can still produce (Elias for example) or too young to take the bull by the horns (Henrique, Loktionov and Josefson comes to mind).

I would literaly give a arm and a leg just to land Drouin so I can watch him feed Kovy for the next decade+.

Old
05-22-2013, 12:37 PM
c_robio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba11 View Post
Drouin is too much to pass up for Nashville. As much as I like Barkov, I don't think Nashville could pass up on a RNH+Kane hybrid type of player for their franchise.
Nashville does lack that that legit top line center. With it being nearly impossible to trade for or sign one via free agency I think it is possible.

I would instantly buy a canes jersey. love that staal,staal,skinner,faulk core

Old
05-22-2013, 05:37 PM
Follower of Yzlam
#FreeDrouin

vCash: 134
Quote:
I will burn down SteveY's house if he passes on Drouin...

Ugh. I'm hoping it's all just smoke screen.

Old
05-22-2013, 07:22 PM
mapleleaf979

Jonathan Drouin has Sidney Crosby skating ability and Pavel Datsyuk's hands. I wouldnt be surprised if he is the best player from this draft in 3-5 years time. Mentally he is already at an NHL level. He is a genius.

Old
05-22-2013, 07:32 PM
Breakfast of Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
Jonathan Drouin has Sidney Crosby skating ability and Pavel Datsyuk's hands. I wouldnt be surprised if he is the best player from this draft in 3-5 years time. Mentally he is already at an NHL level. He is a genius.
No he doesn't.

Datsyuk hands? Maybe

Old
05-22-2013, 07:37 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakfast of Champs View Post
No he doesn't.

Datsyuk hands? Maybe
Right now he has neither. He is own his way to having both.

Not sure why your against the Crosby skating comparison? Tell me more.

To me its very fair, mind warping speed, moves east/west extremely well and balanced. I see Crosby and Bure elements.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxeRhV_ha54

Old
05-22-2013, 07:38 PM
BLASPHEMOUS
**** THE KING

Quote:
Not close in my opinion. Both Crosby and even MacKinnon are far more impressive skaters, particularly with regards to their acceleration.

Old
05-22-2013, 07:39 PM
Breakfast of Champs

Quote:
Right now he has neither. He is own his way to having both.

Not sure why your against the Crosby skating comparison? Tell me more.

To me its very fair, mind warping speed, moves east/west extremely well and balanced.
Either you are really overrating Drouin's skating or underrating Crosby's.

There are many reasons he is the best player the NHL has seen in some time, and elite skating is one of them.

I'm not saying Drouin isn't an excellent skater, because he is. But he is not on Crosby's level in any regard except for his hands.

Old
05-22-2013, 07:42 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Either you are really overrating Drouin's skating or underrating Crosby's.

There are many reasons he is the best player the NHL has seen in some time, and elite skating is one of them.

I'm not saying Drouin isn't an excellent skater, because he is. But he is not on Crosby's level in any regard except for his hands.
I think Crosby is the best skating hockey player in the world. Thats my view on Crosby's skating ability. Crosby skates better now than he did when he was 17.

Old
05-22-2013, 07:44 PM
Breakfast of Champs

Quote:
I think Crosby is the best skating hockey player in the world. Thats my view on Crosby's skating ability. Crosby skates better now than he did when he was 17.
So you think Drouin can become the best skater in the NHL someday? Seems like your expectations are a little lofty considering he isn't even the best skating draft eligible on his jr team....

Old
05-22-2013, 07:46 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
So you think Drouin can become the best skater in the NHL someday? Seems like your expectations are a little lofty considering he isn't even the best skating draft eligible on his jr team....
I think he can be put in that conversation.

Crosby is one of the best skaters in the world. I think he is the best, but its argueable. If u were to bring up Erik Karlsson Im not going to say your wrong because he is in that conversation. So is Ilya Kovalchuk.

Old
05-22-2013, 07:49 PM
BLASPHEMOUS
**** THE KING

Quote:
I think he can be put in that conversation.

Crosby is one of the best skaters in the world. I think he is the best, but its argueable. If u were to bring up Erik Karlsson Im not going to say your wrong because he is in that conversation. So is Ilya Kovalchuk.
You have your opinions. I personally disagree strongly. As Breakfast said, he's not even the best skater on his team right now.

Old
05-22-2013, 08:01 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endersoldier View Post
You have your opinions. I personally disagree strongly. As Breakfast said, he's not even the best skater on his team right now.
Do u think there is a visible gap between the mackinnon and drouin? Some thought Drouin was better a few months ago before Drouin got into a slump. They are both excellent. If im picking #2-4, I'll sleep well having either in my system and would not trade up to get one over the other.

Old
05-22-2013, 08:05 PM
Loffer

Crosby's skating -- is it even good? Guess so, even if it looks average. I don't like his skating style - it's not naturally fluent and effortless like Karlsson or Kovy or whoever. Crosby's skating looks so stiff and forced - nothing like naturally gifted skater a la Coffey. That awful wide "power" stride or whatever ****.

It's indeed strange the guy is arguably the best player - his hands are not that great either - same words could be said about them as his skating. He is apparently not the most talented player in the world but best he may very well be - and that's a mental capacity. And it all is pbvious only by watching him play. He isn't especially flashy or exciting to watch but effective as hell he is.

Old
05-22-2013, 08:07 PM
BLASPHEMOUS
**** THE KING

Quote:
Do u think there is a visible gap between the mackinnon and drouin? Some thought Drouin was better a few months ago before Drouin got into a slump. They are both excellent. If im picking #2-4, I'll sleep well having either in my system and would not trade up to get one over the other.
Wait, where the hell did I say there's a visible gap between the players on the whole?

Old
05-22-2013, 08:13 PM
Breakfast of Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loffer View Post
Crosby's skating -- is it even good? Guess so, even if it looks average. I don't like his skating style - it's not naturally fluent and effortless like Karlsson or Kovy or whoever. Crosby's skating looks so stiff and forced - nothing like naturally gifted skater a la Coffey. That awful wide "power" stride or whatever ****.

It's indeed strange the guy is arguably the best player - his hands are not that great either - same words could be said about them as his skating. He is apparently not the most talented player in the world but best he may very well be - and that's a mental capacity. And it all is pbvious only by watching him play. He isn't especially flashy or exciting to watch but effective as hell he is.
It is, in fact, extremely good. Just because a player may not look as "effortless" as some doesn't mean he isn't much more effective.

Old
05-23-2013, 12:48 PM
Dgill

vCash: 50
After watching Drouin for the past two seasons religiously he is an above average skater, but that's it. Saying he has Crosby-esque skating is really unfair to Drouin.

Closed Thread