HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

A bevy of new draft picks, what is the plan???

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
04-03-2013, 09:35 AM
  #126
one2gamble
Registered User
 
one2gamble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,031
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
It won't happen now but it will be discussed heavily in the off-season.
If they dont get through the first round and compete in the second I generally believe his chance of moving is 100%. If they somehow get through the second round and into the WCF (doubtful) I think there is a 50% chance hes moved at the draft.


Last edited by one2gamble: 04-03-2013 at 09:50 AM.
one2gamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 09:47 AM
  #127
Sharksfan83
Registered User
 
Sharksfan83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,636
vCash: 500
I have mixed feelings on trading Boyle. The return for Boyle would make the next few years more bearable. Boyle is also one of those players i'd love to stay here. He is a competitor and he wants to win. Hes one of the few that show emotion when things aren't going right..

Sharksfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 09:57 AM
  #128
Fistfullofbeer
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Fistfullofbeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Whidbey Island, WA
Country: India
Posts: 8,599
vCash: 500
Quote:
Matt ‏@FTFsTCY 1m
My question answered on @ESPN_NHL by @KatieStrangESPN "SJ unlikely to move Boyle. Cap hit scary to some teams considering cap going down"
Which makes it interesting. If people dont want him now, they wont want him at the trade deadline or before the start of next season .. when he is a few months older .. and the cap hit remains the same.

__________________
What?! Look, he thinks he's people!
Fistfullofbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 10:12 AM
  #129
Pinkfloyd
Registered User
 
Pinkfloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Roseville
Country: United States
Posts: 35,917
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fistfullofbeer View Post
Which makes it interesting. If people dont want him now, they wont want him at the trade deadline or before the start of next season .. when he is a few months older .. and the cap hit remains the same.
It'll be easier at the draft or at free agency time when teams have more options on clearing space. There'll be a market for him.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 01:50 PM
  #130
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!
 
DuckEatinShark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Jose
Posts: 5,572
vCash: 500
Boyle has been my Favorite Shark for a few years now. He is all heart-and-soul, and the most competitive player on the team.

HE WILL RETIRE A SHARK OR I WANT WILSON'S HEAD ON A PLATTER.

/rant

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 02:57 PM
  #131
TealTownUSA
Registered User
 
TealTownUSA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 415
Country: United States
Posts: 1,111
vCash: 500
where can i view sharks draft picks for this year?

TealTownUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 03:36 PM
  #132
lsx
Registered User
 
lsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sonoma County, CA
Posts: 3,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark View Post
Boyle has been my Favorite Shark for a few years now. He is all heart-and-soul, and the most competitive player on the team.

HE WILL RETIRE A SHARK OR I WANT WILSON'S HEAD ON A PLATTER.

/rant
This.

lsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2013, 08:51 PM
  #133
CupfortheSharks
Registered User
 
CupfortheSharks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TealTownUSA View Post
where can i view sharks draft picks for this year?
http://www.prosportstransactions.com/

CupfortheSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 12:10 PM
  #134
bullslugg
HFBoards Sponsor
 
bullslugg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Cali central valley
Posts: 306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Trade every pick in the draft for Sean Monahan.

But yes, it is glorious to bathe in the wealth of draft picks, even if they're probably gone within 18 hours.
had some time this morning to read up on some prospects for the 2013 draft. I'm really liking Monahan, does DW have enough chips for a trade up to snag him? Seems like he has all the requirements for a Burke DW pick. A 67, strong two-way, physical, best face-off player in the draft, etc. Would love him on the Sharks. Also 5 picks in the top 90 of a deep draft isn't too shabby either

maybe 4 picks in the top 60, need more research


Last edited by bullslugg: 05-19-2013 at 12:40 PM.
bullslugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 09:16 PM
  #135
Audio Outlaw
Jaded Sharks Fan
 
Audio Outlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bay Area, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,515
vCash: 500
Anyone else think we need more right handed prospects?

Audio Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 09:25 PM
  #136
magic school bus
***********
 
magic school bus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,425
vCash: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Outlaw View Post
Anyone else think we need more right handed prospects?
I wouldn't draft someone because of their handedness, but I'd consider doing a trade because of it.

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 09:50 PM
  #137
Audio Outlaw
Jaded Sharks Fan
 
Audio Outlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bay Area, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,515
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
I wouldn't draft someone because of their handedness, but I'd consider doing a trade because of it.
Me either, but I can forsee it possibly being a problem if you ignore it. I already think we have too many left handed shooters. Don't you think it can hurt a team by giving a goaltender a lot of the same look? Lets take a look. 2/3 of our team shoots left handed.

Audio Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 10:10 PM
  #138
magic school bus
***********
 
magic school bus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,425
vCash: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Outlaw View Post
Me either, but I can forsee it possibly being a problem if you ignore it. I already think we have too many left handed shooters. Don't you think it can hurt a team by giving a goaltender a lot of the same look? Lets take a look. 2/3 of our team shoots left handed.
I definitely think we need a left handed puck mover for the defense. I can't count how many times a great scoring chance has ended up on the stick of Vlasic, Murray or Hannan.

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 12:14 AM
  #139
landshark
Beat L. A.!
 
landshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: outer richmond dist
Posts: 995
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Outlaw View Post
Anyone else think we need more right handed prospects?
don't we need more D for the left side? meaning left-handed? or is that just something a dman gets used to regardless of their shooting side?

landshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 12:27 AM
  #140
Audio Outlaw
Jaded Sharks Fan
 
Audio Outlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bay Area, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,515
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark View Post
don't we need more D for the left side? meaning left-handed? or is that just something a dman gets used to regardless of their shooting side?
I was mainly looking at the offense. I made a thread about this.

Audio Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 12:39 AM
  #141
landshark
Beat L. A.!
 
landshark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: outer richmond dist
Posts: 995
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Outlaw View Post
I was mainly looking at the offense. I made a thread about this.
Oh ****! and this isn't that thread?!?! haha. oops.

landshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 12:55 AM
  #142
Audio Outlaw
Jaded Sharks Fan
 
Audio Outlaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bay Area, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,515
vCash: 500
Landshark... I love that beer.

Audio Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 02:40 AM
  #143
FeedingFrenzy
Registered User
 
FeedingFrenzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,570
vCash: 500
I would really like to try and work something with NJ to get their #9 and swap our 1st plus add..But what does NJ need? According to their board, pretty much every position.
Who could we package to move up? Stalock,Hamilton our 20th and 2014 1st round. NJ has to give up their 1st next year I believe, so this could work to our favor. In return we get the #9 pick and a 2nd/3rd in 2014..

Stalock will never get a chance here as long as Nemo is around(2more @3.8), trade him now while he is considered our Top goalie prospect. NJ has 2 over 35 goalies and needs a good young keeper. Hamilton moves closer to his brother and while he could be a diamond in the rough, the chance of drafting one of these guys is worth it.


Sean Monahan
Hunter Shinkaruk
Bo Horvat
Rasmus Ristolainen

Have at it... add? subtract?

FeedingFrenzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 02:46 AM
  #144
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT
 
Graveland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Sunnyvale
Country: United States
Posts: 11,918
vCash: 50
Draft the best player available not to fill needs unless you're talking past the 4th round imo.

Graveland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 03:05 AM
  #145
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin
 
Hatrick Marleau's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: With JR
Posts: 4,341
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedingFrenzy View Post
I would really like to try and work something with NJ to get their #9 and swap our 1st plus add..But what does NJ need? According to their board, pretty much every position.
Who could we package to move up? Stalock,Hamilton our 20th and 2014 1st round. NJ has to give up their 1st next year I believe, so this could work to our favor. In return we get the #9 pick and a 2nd/3rd in 2014..

Stalock will never get a chance here as long as Nemo is around(2more @3.8), trade him now while he is considered our Top goalie prospect. NJ has 2 over 35 goalies and needs a good young keeper. Hamilton moves closer to his brother and while he could be a diamond in the rough, the chance of drafting one of these guys is worth it.


Sean Monahan
Hunter Shinkaruk
Bo Horvat
Rasmus Ristolainen

Have at it... add? subtract?
Stand pat, keep our prospects, and draft 4 guys in the top 60 of a deep draft.

Hatrick Marleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 03:43 AM
  #146
glasgow26
Registered User
 
glasgow26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 4,043
vCash: 500
So is it safe to say we won't be getting that 2nd round pick in 2014 from NYR? The condition was they either advance to the ECF or re-sign Clowe. Given that the Rangers are down 3-0 in their series and Clowe was reportedly asking for a huge contract (and has been hurt for a while now), I don't see either of those things happening at this point.

glasgow26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 03:57 AM
  #147
Negatively Positive
Save us Tomas!
 
Negatively Positive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glasgow26 View Post
So is it safe to say we won't be getting that 2nd round pick in 2014 from NYR? The condition was they either advance to the ECF or re-sign Clowe. Given that the Rangers are down 3-0 in their series and Clowe was reportedly asking for a huge contract (and has been hurt for a while now), I don't see either of those things happening at this point.
So the Rangers give up a 2nd and a 5th for 14 games of Clowe? That's a good deal for the Sharks still.

Negatively Positive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 04:17 AM
  #148
glasgow26
Registered User
 
glasgow26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 4,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark Fin Soup View Post
So the Rangers give up a 2nd and a 5th for 14 games of Clowe? That's a good deal for the Sharks still.
A 2nd, a 3rd and a 5th, I believe. We traded the 3rd for Torres at the deadline. And yeah, it's certainly not a bad deal for us, but an additional 2nd would be a lot better than a 5th.

glasgow26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 09:24 AM
  #149
Pinkfloyd
Registered User
 
Pinkfloyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Roseville
Country: United States
Posts: 35,917
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedingFrenzy View Post
I would really like to try and work something with NJ to get their #9 and swap our 1st plus add..But what does NJ need? According to their board, pretty much every position.
Who could we package to move up? Stalock,Hamilton our 20th and 2014 1st round. NJ has to give up their 1st next year I believe, so this could work to our favor. In return we get the #9 pick and a 2nd/3rd in 2014..

Stalock will never get a chance here as long as Nemo is around(2more @3.8), trade him now while he is considered our Top goalie prospect. NJ has 2 over 35 goalies and needs a good young keeper. Hamilton moves closer to his brother and while he could be a diamond in the rough, the chance of drafting one of these guys is worth it.


Sean Monahan
Hunter Shinkaruk
Bo Horvat
Rasmus Ristolainen

Have at it... add? subtract?
Considering our pick selection won't be determined until our season is over, we can't really gauge value on it and what would need to be added to move up. If we move on past LA, that 20th pick you referenced turns into at worst the 27th pick. That's a different mountain to climb trying to get into the top ten. As it stands right now, technically, we're in the 26th position.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 10:14 AM
  #150
pappaf2
Registered User
 
pappaf2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glasgow26 View Post
So is it safe to say we won't be getting that 2nd round pick in 2014 from NYR? The condition was they either advance to the ECF or re-sign Clowe.
Yeah, I saw something from the lady at espn who covers the rangers say she couldn't see the them resigning Clowe now that he's had two head injuries since getting traded there.

pappaf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.