HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HFBoards street hockey team / pick up games/ garage leagues

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-06-2013, 09:19 AM
  #926
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnLennon View Post
Holy ****, I'm in the I league too. What are your team names?
I'm on the Bubba Gumps what about you ?


Last edited by IHaveNoCreativity: 03-07-2013 at 09:19 AM.
IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2013, 01:27 PM
  #927
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,174
vCash: 500
Bump/

I'm making a summer team in the MBHL summer league were looking for players.

3-4 players to be exact.

We're a young team, most of us are under 24 but we have a couple of guys that are 26 or 27..

If your interested PM me for info.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 09:54 PM
  #928
NSi
Registered User
 
NSi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 259
vCash: 500
Bump

My ball hockey team and I are forming an ice hokey team for next winter.

Looking to either join a league in the greater Montreal area or find a team to play against and rent an ice on our own.

Any suggestions for either option?

Also, we're probably looking for a goalie.

NSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 06:47 PM
  #929
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSi View Post
Bump

My ball hockey team and I are forming an ice hokey team for next winter.

Looking to either join a league in the greater Montreal area or find a team to play against and rent an ice on our own.

Any suggestions for either option?

Also, we're probably looking for a goalie.
It might be cheaper to rent ice on your own if you can get a good deal.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 07:49 PM
  #930
ClasslessGuy
Registered User
 
ClasslessGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: St-Jean, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,293
vCash: 500
any serious ice hockey league on south shore? (average players)

ClasslessGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 02:35 PM
  #931
NSi
Registered User
 
NSi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 259
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
It might be cheaper to rent ice on your own if you can get a good deal.
Yes, it's something I'm gonna check for sure.

If someone's team is looking for a similar solution, you can pm me. We're average players, looking first in Montreal but open to anything if it makes sense.

NSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 11:47 AM
  #932
Bud2790
Registered User
 
Bud2790's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,866
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSi View Post
Bump

My ball hockey team and I are forming an ice hokey team for next winter.

Looking to either join a league in the greater Montreal area or find a team to play against and rent an ice on our own.

Any suggestions for either option?

Also, we're probably looking for a goalie.
I'm playing in the DWHL right now. It's a pretty big league, plenty of divisions available depending on your skill level. You can either play during the week or on weekends, it's your call. Games are mostly played at the 4 glaces in Pierrefonds, but there are a few other locations (LCC's rink, Cegep St-Laurent, etc).

You can check out their website at dwhl.ca

Bud2790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2013, 11:48 PM
  #933
attachetatuque
un gros bonhomme!
 
attachetatuque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: 514
Country: Canada
Posts: 502
vCash: 500
I have done both those options.

I too, play in the DWHL. Very cool and big league. Started my own team after junior. Plenty of divisions and flexible time slots, and the guys who take care of the league are really cool guys. The only problem is that every year the price goes up. To counter the raise in fees, this year we had 15 players instead of 10, and cost us 503$ each for 22 games plus 2 guaranteed playoff games (20$ per game). Previous years it rounded out to something like 700$ for the same amount of games because we were a shorter bench. Games do get pretty intense against a couple of teams though, especially in D1-2-3. Some teams rough it up and there's occasional fighting (which is completely stupid in beer hockey) so if you're not keen on being competitive i'd say the option of renting your own time slot is the better one.

During the summer, I play 3 x 3 on a smaller ice with friends. We are 12 players and 2 goalies split into each teams, sticks in middle type of game and shoot-out tournament in the last 15 minutes. Costs us around 12 bucks per game. Very fun hockey, but much less intense. a much more economic alternative, though.

attachetatuque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 10:51 AM
  #934
NSi
Registered User
 
NSi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 259
vCash: 500
Thanks for the DWHL info, gonna check it out for sure.

NSi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 11:24 AM
  #935
Bud2790
Registered User
 
Bud2790's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,866
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by daGreenGiant View Post
I have done both those options.

I too, play in the DWHL. Very cool and big league. Started my own team after junior. Plenty of divisions and flexible time slots, and the guys who take care of the league are really cool guys. The only problem is that every year the price goes up. To counter the raise in fees, this year we had 15 players instead of 10, and cost us 503$ each for 22 games plus 2 guaranteed playoff games (20$ per game). Previous years it rounded out to something like 700$ for the same amount of games because we were a shorter bench. Games do get pretty intense against a couple of teams though, especially in D1-2-3. Some teams rough it up and there's occasional fighting (which is completely stupid in beer hockey) so if you're not keen on being competitive i'd say the option of renting your own time slot is the better one.

During the summer, I play 3 x 3 on a smaller ice with friends. We are 12 players and 2 goalies split into each teams, sticks in middle type of game and shoot-out tournament in the last 15 minutes. Costs us around 12 bucks per game. Very fun hockey, but much less intense. a much more economic alternative, though.
What division are you in right now? I play D5 on Sundays.

Bud2790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 02:32 PM
  #936
attachetatuque
un gros bonhomme!
 
attachetatuque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: 514
Country: Canada
Posts: 502
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud2790 View Post
What division are you in right now? I play D5 on Sundays.
that's crazy, same for me! Heisenbergs (division champions yo!). What team did you play in?

First year playing Sundays and first year playing D5. Loved it, good calibre and just overall fun teams to play against, very balanced. Played D2 week nights the 2 years before that. The calibre was very strong and was good hockey but it was just too intense. People getting hit (I really wouldn't mind cause I've played contact for a while, but beerleague is not the place for that) and fights all over the place. Started the new team with a little less talent and a little less competitive, and it was a much better experience. Just the fact that you play on a fix schedule is fantastic


Last edited by attachetatuque: 05-24-2013 at 02:42 PM.
attachetatuque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-24-2013, 03:11 PM
  #937
Bud2790
Registered User
 
Bud2790's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,866
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by daGreenGiant View Post
that's crazy, same for me! Heisenbergs (division champions yo!). What team did you play in?

First year playing Sundays and first year playing D5. Loved it, good calibre and just overall fun teams to play against, very balanced. Played D2 week nights the 2 years before that. The calibre was very strong and was good hockey but it was just too intense. People getting hit (I really wouldn't mind cause I've played contact for a while, but beerleague is not the place for that) and fights all over the place. Started the new team with a little less talent and a little less competitive, and it was a much better experience. Just the fact that you play on a fix schedule is fantastic
Just realised you're talking about this past winter season and I'm talking about the summer season that just started I play on Flying V.

My first season in DWHL was last summer (D4) and I just started my 2nd season a few weeks ago (D5, more teams signed up). Actually last summer was my first time ever playing any kind of ''competitive hockey''. Other than playing at the park a few times per winter, I had never played hockey. I'm still not a great skater, but I'm doing much better this season, although it wasn't hard to surpass last season's total

Bud2790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2014, 04:18 PM
  #938
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 500
Bumpity bump

Anyone looking for a pick up ball hockey player?

Not a fan of organised arena leagues with refs and scorekeeping...though it seems to be the most popular option and if nothing else I don't mind joining.

Preference would be standard gym ball hockey for 90-120 minutes.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2014, 07:57 PM
  #939
Bud2790
Registered User
 
Bud2790's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,866
vCash: 500
My buddies and I are looking into 3 vs 3 ice hockey in Boisbriand at the Centre d'Excellence Sports Rousseau (Armada's home arena). If any goalies are potentially interested, send me a PM!

Bud2790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-09-2014, 07:50 PM
  #940
keepcalmandbeninja
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,078
vCash: 500
*Bump*

Anyone looking for friendly ball hockey games on Monday evenings near the Olympic Stadium let me know.

keepcalmandbeninja is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:31 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.