HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Release the Lehner

View Poll Results: Who?
Lehner 41 26.45%
Andy 114 73.55%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Old
05-23-2013, 12:56 AM
Spinkis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyalltheway View Post
Christ almighty. Most of this fanbase is great, but the "what have you done for me lately" crowd drives me up a ****ing wall.
First of all I wan't Andy to start.
But it's the playoffs "what have you done for me lately" is the way to go, or as I would like to say, play the hot hand.

Spinkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 01:13 AM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

It is Fleury's team over in Pitts, but they are playing Vokoun because this game is about winning, not who got what team where.

Who got Bingo into the playoffs before Lehner got MVP during the Calder Cup run?

DylanSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 01:55 AM
Step
GO SENS GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanSensFan View Post
It is Fleury's team over in Pitts, but they are playing Vokoun because this game is about winning, not who got what team where.

Who got Bingo into the playoffs before Lehner got MVP during the Calder Cup run?
Who got us into the Playoffs?
Who got us into the 2nd round?

Anderson.

05-23-2013, 02:20 AM
Mephias

^ His point was that Barry Brust got the BSens into the playoffs before Lehner... ah nvm

Mephias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 02:34 AM
MattMartin
KillerInstinct™

Send a message via MSN to MattMartin
As a Islander fan we went through this in round 1. You have to ride Anderson and I believe he earned it.

BTW, not sure how many you have noticed but the Pens are a really really really dirty team. Forget Cooke for a minute. Letang,Neal,Oprik, and even Malkin are the worst kind of dirty players. They wont stand up to you but if they can get a cheap shot while "nobody is looking" they will. Neil atleast plays the game tough and the right way unlike trying to end someones career because "nobody saw it".

Their fans make it that more unbearable, they can't even win 7-3 or 5-0 without finding a way to rub your faces in it. And who the **** is MacIntyre?? They bring this guy up every 5 minutes and he is not even on the PO roster. They are talking up a AHL "goon" as the next coming of a Probert and Tyson mixed into 1.

Well I vented and hope somehow you can win 5,6, and 7 and not only make yourself happy but basically every other fan of the NHL besides them.

05-23-2013, 03:52 AM
Countdown0
Painfully Honest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattMartin View Post
As a Islander fan we went through this in round 1. You have to ride Anderson and I believe he earned it.

BTW, not sure how many you have noticed but the Pens are a really really really dirty team. Forget Cooke for a minute. Letang,Neal,Oprik, and even Malkin are the worst kind of dirty players. They wont stand up to you but if they can get a cheap shot while "nobody is looking" they will. Neil atleast plays the game tough and the right way unlike trying to end someones career because "nobody saw it".

Their fans make it that more unbearable, they can't even win 7-3 or 5-0 without finding a way to rub your faces in it. And who the **** is MacIntyre?? They bring this guy up every 5 minutes and he is not even on the PO roster. They are talking up a AHL "goon" as the next coming of a Probert and Tyson mixed into 1.

Well I vented and hope somehow you can win 5,6, and 7 and not only make yourself happy but basically every other fan of the NHL besides them.
Believe me, if we can be the heart breakers for the Pens this season, we will be thrilled.

I know I've noticed that Cooke is not the only dirty player the Pens have. Orpik is the one I hate the most (obviously not including Cooke), because of his "big hits" where he picks players in a vulnerable spot and smashes them, but doesn't deign to actually fight and back up his badass tough guy act.

That, and Orpik saying that Neil "get's away with a lot" in the media after game 3 to excuse his cross check that put Neil sliding into the boards. Hypocrisy is a wonderful thing

And MacIntyre is their useless bag of pucks goon who is only worth playing because of the fact that he can actually take a punch, unlike the rest of their glass-jawed roster. They think he's this magical slayer of all things none Penguins and automatically makes them the toughest team in the league when he's in. Truth is, he's just a big, bullying idiot who isn't worth fighting for anyone who plays more than 2 games a season...

Countdown0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 08:14 AM
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free

vCash: 0
Quote:

Bother, you are preaching to the choir.

Nac Mac Feegle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 08:14 AM
ChocolateLeclaire

Quote:

Yeah, except that they're buying totally buying Fleury out this season so I'm not sure how this is "his team".

How is Lehner the "hot hand"? He's faced about 25 shots in the playoffs and given up two goals.

Some people...

ChocolateLeclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 08:24 AM
Proust

Quote:

Fleury has been a sketchy goalie for more than a season now....

Anderson would have won the Vezina this season if he didn't get injured...

I cannot believe the poll is this close. How embarassing.

Proust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 08:58 AM
sens83

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countdown0 View Post
Believe me, if we can be the heart breakers for the Pens this season, we will be thrilled.

I know I've noticed that Cooke is not the only dirty player the Pens have. Orpik is the one I hate the most (obviously not including Cooke), because of his "big hits" where he picks players in a vulnerable spot and smashes them, but doesn't deign to actually fight and back up his badass tough guy act.

That, and Orpik saying that Neil "get's away with a lot" in the media after game 3 to excuse his cross check that put Neil sliding into the boards. Hypocrisy is a wonderful thing

And MacIntyre is their useless bag of pucks goon who is only worth playing because of the fact that he can actually take a punch, unlike the rest of their glass-jawed roster. They think he's this magical slayer of all things none Penguins and automatically makes them the toughest team in the league when he's in. Truth is, he's just a big, bullying idiot who isn't worth fighting for anyone who plays more than 2 games a season...
WB/Scranton is the same way. It's an organizational way of play and it's terrible hockey to watch. Mormina is the Orpik of the AHL.

sens83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 09:05 AM
Caeldan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateLeclaire View Post
Yeah, except that they're buying totally buying Fleury out this season so I'm not sure how this is "his team".

How is Lehner the "hot hand"? He's faced about 25 shots in the playoffs and given up two goals.

Some people...
I highly doubt that MAF is being bought out.

However, it is not so much for the hot hand as it is we need to do something to wake up the team in front of the goalie.

You pull Anderson and put Lehner in, it's not because you have no faith in Anderson... It's because it brings home the message that the team is letting their keepers down. Hopefully they get shamed into action and then we have a series again.

Caeldan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 09:08 AM
KA BLAMO

The 7-3 loss can't be pinned on Andy, the whole team looked bad after the 1st period.

Andy starts game 5, no question.

KA BLAMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 09:21 AM
SensItComing

Personally I'd like to see Lehner. The chances of coming back from 3-1 are low anyways. Something radical like this could shake it up.

I don't see the downside of our "goalie of the future" getting some valuable playoff experience.

Sure Andy has earned the start but Lehner also deserves a chance for being such a good soldier over the last couple of years. This isn't about just this game it's about preparation for the future. Remember this is year two of a 3 year rebuild.

SensItComing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 09:29 AM
tony d
Ours for next 7 yrs.

Anderson, he's the reason we're this far.

05-23-2013, 10:16 AM
jbeck5

Barry brust. He's the one who got us here. I'm torn. Half of me says Andy is better and deserves it. The other half says putting Lehner in can be a wake up call and there's nothing to lose. Not voting yet til I sort my **** out.

jbeck5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 10:17 AM
Healfezza

Starting Lehner might be a tantilizing idea that will drive a story, but in the end we live and die by Anderson.

Anderson will start.

Healfezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 10:31 AM
coladin

At this stage you do whatever the hell Andy wants.

coladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 10:59 AM
John Holmes*
Spuds MacLean™

Anderson missed half the season, he didn't "get us here".

I think you give Lehner a shot. Andy has been crap in two of the games in this series. He did get pulled after all.

We got here with a goaltending by committee approach out of necessity. Why not try it now?

That said I am ok with whoever the coach puts in.

John Holmes* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:27 AM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Step View Post
Who got us into the Playoffs?
Who got us into the 2nd round?

Anderson.
I think the answer he was looking for was Barry Brust. However, he is clearly no Craig Anderson so I don't think the change from Brust to Lehner was objectionable. Andy can rebound from being down 3-1 and lead them back into the series, whereas Brust isn't of the same calibre.

MainDotC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 11:33 AM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holmes View Post

I think you give Lehner a shot. Andy has been crap in two of the games in this series. He did get pulled after all.

We got here with a goaltending by committee approach out of necessity. Why not try it now?

No goalie in the league would have survived last game. I don't really care what they do, although I suspect Anderson will get the start. This team isn't gonna get a win from improved goaltending, they'll get it from improved team play.

wubwubwubwub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 12:09 PM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

Confirmed Andy

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 01:08 PM
angrydad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamok View Post
God dammit, again?
plus 1.

angrydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 01:41 PM
bert

Live or die with Andy this season he is the biggest reason the sens have a game on friday. Shocked to see as many Lehner votes as we did, coming in in relief is a hell of alot easier then starting a game especially for such a young player. Need Andy's leadership here if they have any chance of extending this series.

bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 03:10 PM
SilverSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Silfverberg View Post
Not to discredit Anderson but I believe that if we had lehner in net then the results would have still been the same after 2 perioda
Totally disagree. I think its probably 3-1 Pittsburgh after 10 minutes if Lehner was in last night. That was the best 10 minutes of goaltending this team has ever gotten and the team just abandoned Anderson.

SilverSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-23-2013, 03:11 PM
SilverSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Holmes View Post

In order of getting us here:

Anderson

Bishop

Lehner (who had great stats, but didnt win any damn games)

SilverSeven is offline   Reply With Quote