Hockey Quebec Peewee and Bantam AAA

Closed Thread

Old
05-21-2013, 05:47 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmatuerFan65 View Post
If this is true - its not a very good choice. with all the talent Lakeshore has - they never managed to go very far,
Im not saying I agree or disagree with the selection of coaches but too say what you just did after the season they just had is complete idiocy.

2012-2013 Bantam AA Lakeshore Panthers

Regular Season Champions
Playoff Champions
Lions Division Champions
LSL Regional Champions
Eaglebrook Prep School Tournament Champions
Valleyfield Tournament Finalists
Dodge Cup Provincial Bronze Medallists

Old
05-21-2013, 06:31 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by x6 Pacioretty 7x View Post
Im not saying I agree or disagree with the selection of coaches but too say what you just did after the season they just had is complete idiocy.

Regular Season Champions
Playoff Champions
Lions Division Champions
LSL Regional Champions
It's certainly dam impressive.

Lakeshore as a whole has a universal flaw.

Old
05-21-2013, 09:54 PM
proam16

Quote:

Regular Season Champions
Playoff Champions
Lions Division Champions
LSL Regional Champions
With all the talent on that team and teams in prior years - anything short of winning the Dodge Cup is an underachievement.
The problem over there is that all the parents think that their kid is a first liner and as a result will not accept less than first line minutes. The coach is handcuffed and rolls his lines in all situations when other teams put their best on in critical situations. In other words, the truly talented kids are under used and the team suffers as a result. At this level, ice time should be earned to some degree.

Old
05-21-2013, 10:40 PM
HockeyPro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmatuerFan65 View Post
With all the talent on that team and teams in prior years - anything short of winning the Dodge Cup is an underachievement.
The problem over there is that all the parents think that their kid is a first liner and as a result will not accept less than first line minutes. The coach is handcuffed and rolls his lines in all situations when other teams put their best on in critical situations. In other words, the truly talented kids are under used and the team suffers as a result. At this level, ice time should be earned to some degree.
I agree with that too. If you play to win ... the parents grab the coaches by the neck ... like what happened to Louis Isabella. Coaches are very restricted on how they manage their bench and like you said, many parents from that organization think their kid is a first liner and bring their stop watches.

Old
05-22-2013, 06:56 AM
Hockey RUS

That is the hard reality of hockey. Most parents think their son is a superstar. Hence, they should always be on. When the realize their son is role player, they want the coach to roll the lines.

The problem is most coaches are hung out to dry by their associations who set wishy washy guidelines. At the outset, it should be made clear what the priorities are.

The coaches that have integrity are often the ones who suffer because the parents who want special treatment all know someone in their Association who will put the squeeze on the coach who does not "play the game".

I am not saying they are all like that but, I have heard horror stories from most LSL organizations.

So whoever coaches AAA/AA will need full support and protection from the parents that will eventually turn on him at some point.

With this AAA/AA cost requirement whether it will be $4K or $6-8K....the parents with the coin will have the power.

Old
05-22-2013, 07:30 AM
HockeyPro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey RUS View Post
That is the hard reality of hockey. Most parents think their son is a superstar. Hence, they should always be on. When the realize their son is role player, they want the coach to roll the lines.

The problem is most coaches are hung out to dry by their associations who set wishy washy guidelines. At the outset, it should be made clear what the priorities are.

The coaches that have integrity are often the ones who suffer because the parents who want special treatment all know someone in their Association who will put the squeeze on the coach who does not "play the game".

I am not saying they are all like that but, I have heard horror stories from most LSL organizations.

So whoever coaches AAA/AA will need full support and protection from the parents that will eventually turn on him at some point.

With this AAA/AA cost requirement whether it will be $4K or $6-8K....the parents with the coin will have the power.
I agree with that .... I'm one of those coaches. I have a few horror stories to tell.

Old
05-22-2013, 07:47 AM
bigstarr

Who are the top coaches or developers that should get into coaching according to you guys?

Old
05-22-2013, 08:02 AM
Hockey RUS

I will throw out a name. Check the rosters for the U13 Lions and Grenadiers. A good number of those kids have been trained by Marcin Snita.

Having said that the associations will never give him a team.

Old
05-22-2013, 08:16 AM
bigstarr

My opinion of Marcin: Very good if not amazing at showing Individual skills and stickhandling BUT does not have the personality to be a coach. I have seen him on the ice and he yells and curses (F - Bombs) at kids playing in Atom (actually pretty disgusting if you ask me). His Drills are all the same (cones, turns etc but great drills) at the higher levels Midget and on the players do not practice that stuff anymore. I think he lacks the ability to teach the game and that is why he doesn't coach.

He is the perfect guy to instruct at a hockey school.

Old
05-22-2013, 08:32 AM
Hockey RUS

From what I have seen at the rink. The F bomb is a common occurence at all levels in practice. Too common.

Marcin would be a good technical director. Having said that like most trainers he is probably too tied into a certain group of parents.

That is the big problem is finding a coach who can be objective.

Old
05-22-2013, 10:06 AM
proam16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstarr View Post
Who are the top coaches or developers that should get into coaching according to you guys?
My vote would be for Gerry Gomez or Kirk Mullin.

Old
05-22-2013, 10:23 AM
Hockey RUS

Gerry Gomez does not have a great track record either. Relied on Sprong, Sprong quits, team falls apart, Gerry moves on.

The better coaches will probably be the Sports-Etudes guys but, they will severely lack the depth of talent.

Old
05-22-2013, 10:42 AM
letthekidsplay

In Deux Rives, there is a coach called Chris Sevigny that has the backround and knowledge to coach a AAA team. Has been coaching since the late 80's at various levels.

Old
05-22-2013, 11:33 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:

I need to know about the horror stories, all of them.

Old
05-22-2013, 11:35 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyPro View Post
I agree with that .... I'm one of those coaches. I have a few horror stories to tell.
Care to share ?

Old
05-22-2013, 01:46 PM
Hockey RUS

I got one.

PWAA coach fired in December and replaced by technical director's son with no past coaching experience. I know about because it hit the West Island Gazette more than a year ago.

Old
05-22-2013, 01:48 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

HAHAHAHAHA

Ive read enough of this garbage, some of you are delusional and its sad how you THINK you know everything on everyone.

Although a lot of what you say is true, plenty of it is pure garbage just to run your mouths.

I've read enough of it, Gerry Gomez a good coach/developer, oh my, that was hilarious, best joke I've heard in years

Old
05-22-2013, 01:58 PM
HockeyPro

Quote:
HAHAHAHAHA

Ive read enough of this garbage, some of you are delusional and its sad how you THINK you know everything on everyone.

Although a lot of what you say is true, plenty of it is pure garbage just to run your mouths.

I've read enough of it, Gerry Gomez a good coach/developer, oh my, that was hilarious, best joke I've heard in years
Please share your experience or tell us how it really is.

Old
05-22-2013, 02:13 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
I got one.

PWAA coach fired in December and replaced by technical director's son with no past coaching experience. I know about because it hit the West Island Gazette more than a year ago.
That was Deux Rives who did that..

Did the real reason for his firing come out ?

Old
05-22-2013, 02:18 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyPro View Post
Please share your experience or tell us how it really is.
I dont need to share anything.

Gerry Gomez

Old
05-23-2013, 07:01 AM
letthekidsplay

Quote:
I got one.

The technical director at the time was Sam Ghilarducci. He put in for pwAA his 20 yr old son in December 2011 after firing a coach called Brad Horner. As a result, Ghilarducci's son has had a record of 15 wins and 48 losses over a span of a year and a half.

Good job Deux Rives

Old
05-23-2013, 07:05 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthekidsplay View Post
The technical director at the time was Sam Ghilarducci. He put in for pwAA his 20 yr old son in December 2011 after firing a coach called Brad Horner. As a result, Ghilarducci's son has had a record of 15 wins and 48 losses over a span of a year and a half.

Good job Deux Rives
Carl Ghilarducci took over ?

He's a great ball hockey player I'll say that..

Not sure why Horner was let go..

Old
05-23-2013, 07:23 AM
Hockey RUS

I think Deux Rives is a classic example of what happens when the apple is rotten at its core.

Look at the record of the PWAA teams and PWBB teams from Deux Rives. I believe the PWBB almost made the Dodge Cup while the PWAA were pretty much bottom of the barrel.

I know it was Simon Ghilarducci that took over but, have no details on how it all went down. There were tons of comments posted on the Gazette when it happened. What is fact vs fiction who knows?

Lakeshore is a little different. Alot of talent but, also a lot of recruitment and sudden influx of stars into region. Problem is with the talent everyone wants to coach but, parents also not easy to deal with.

Old
05-23-2013, 10:32 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
I think Deux Rives is a classic example of what happens when the apple is rotten at its core.

Look at the record of the PWAA teams and PWBB teams from Deux Rives. I believe the PWBB almost made the Dodge Cup while the PWAA were pretty much bottom of the barrel.

I know it was Simon Ghilarducci that took over but, have no details on how it all went down. There were tons of comments posted on the Gazette when it happened. What is fact vs fiction who knows?

Lakeshore is a little different. Alot of talent but, also a lot of recruitment and sudden influx of stars into region. Problem is with the talent everyone wants to coach but, parents also not easy to deal with.
So it was Carl who was coaching... He's team Canada Ball Hockey.

I think they're in a transition phase, they're on the up but need coaches, a few years back they were desperate for coaches, they grabbed a few good non parents and all of a sudden things are changing.. Pierrefonds and Ile Bizard are single letter powerhouses, I don't know why Deux Rives isn't... I'd like to know why Horner was fired..

Lakeshore doesn't recruit talent ? Who would they recruit ?

They have a lot of kids, and they develop them properly. I don't think it's that everyone wants to coach them, I think it's that it's not easy to get in and you have to do it their way.

Old
05-23-2013, 10:47 AM
Hockey RUS

The reason Pierrefonds and ILe Biz do well in single letters is because of all the BS that goes on in double letters.

Having said that. I have not heard anything to suggest they are on the rise other than they have some strong kids in some years.

Lakeshore does not recruit...LOL! That is a good one. The last two years of PWAA's had kids who started outside Lakeshore but, somehow "moved" in their PW years.

Closed Thread